Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game of CRICKET!!!...

Lol ! :D

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    weight of my expectations!!!! Phewwwww........jab ghada bhar jaye toh bataa denaa...
    Moments win matches!!!! Right?
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Cricket no comments enough of this, love to watch Federer Vs Nadal now
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Weight of my expectations!!!! phewwwww........jab ghada bhar jaye toh bataa denaa...
    Moments win matches!!!! Right?
    Yes, moments win matches. But are you saying that matches have not been won? Or enough matches have not been won? Yeh ghada to aisa hai ki kabhi bharta nahin hai...

Hazaaron khwaahishein aisi ki har khwaahish pe dum nikle
    Nikle to mere armaan magar fir bhi thoda kam nikle

I don't think there can ever be a point, where we can say that yes the team has won enough and no more is required of it.

Could it be that the Aussies played bad????
    Comeon now, if they win, you want to think that the opposition was not good enough. Australia may not be the force it used to be, but it is no Bangladesh either. Also, we beat used to beat them when they were right on the top. Remember 2001?

Since my expectations are high, i would expect that every match India plays is won....
    Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Yes, moments win matches. But are you saying that matches have not been won? Or enough matches have not been won? Yeh ghada to aisa hai ki kabhi bharta nahin hai...

Hazaaron khwaahishein aisi ki har khwaahish pe dum nikle
    Nikle to mere armaan magar fir bhi thoda kam nikle

I don't think there can ever be a point, where we can say that yes the team has won enough and no more is required of it.
    Last edited by annch; July 14th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

The test series...
    Luck!!!...
    and after that?
    Comeon now, if they win, you want to think that the opposition was not good enough. Australia may not be the force it used to be, but it is no Bangladesh either. Also, we beat used to beat them when they were right on the top. Remember 2001?

Since my expectations are high, i would expect that every match India plays is won....
    That would be SOOOOOOO boring. Who will watch a match where the result is a foregone conclusion?

Consisitently loosing would be just as boring...right?
    Yeah, we watch every game patiently, hoping for luck to change for India any moment....
    That would be SOOOOOOO boring. Who will watch a match where the result is a foregone conclusion?

Consisitently loosing would be just as boring...right?
    Yeah, we watch every game patiently, hoping for luck to change for India any moment....
    The test series...
    Luck!!!...
    and after that?
    Okay, you do need to go to www.cricinfo.com and check out some stats.

Thanks for the link.....i would like to be surprised...

Okay, you do need to go to www.cricinfo.com and check out some stats.

Indian team?

...The Indian team has been doing consistently good in the past few seasons... and that credit is due to them, like it or not. [really people; Folks that haven't been following what has been happening within the fortunes of the Indian cricket team's recent past.... should well...probably do a bit of their home-work, catch up in a big way before using 'consistent losers' etc. sorta tags... comeon - not really fair, guys!]

Now talking a bit about 'consistency' here; Understand: the greatest thing specially about this new fast format is that the results are highly unpredictable! One or a couple of overs can turn the whole game over it's head and that is the great leveller in this beauty of a new format.
    No wonder formidable teams like the S.Africans and/or Aussies cannot sit back and roll on reputation alone anymore (and so too the last T-20 champs can hope to be eliminated before the super 8's)... :rolleyes:

On a little side note that is related: T-20 was initially being touted as a batsman's game (owing to the trigger happy ways required from them... the boom-boom way) but as the last world cup matches and other games before it showed; bowlers have an equally parallel, weighty role to make (or break the other) team results!
    [The Lankans need to be mentioned here who have the most potent bowling attack in the shortest form of cricket and have enjoyed a good run (surely not to take away from their batsmen) based on their deadly foursome-fearsome!]

Therefore this sporty, highly unpredictable and greatly charged format T-20 is here to stay people...
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Hahahaha....who needs to do homework....an offhand remark is enough to get all the requisite info in defense!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    ...The Indian team has been doing consistently good in the past few seasons... and that credit is due to them, like it or not. [really people; Folks that haven't been following what has been happening within the fortunes of the Indian cricket team's recent past.... should well...probably do a bit of their home-work, catch up in a big way before using 'consistent losers' etc. sorta tags... comeon - not really fair, guys!]

Hahahaha....who needs to do homework....an offhand remark is enough to get all the requisite info in defense!!!

Oh, I sincerely do hope then that someone does take out some time to get you all the requisite info .... (no seriously, I would hate for you to stay in the cricket past... really! )

ps. and...uh, by the way Sunil Gavaskar is not the captain of the team anymore...
    Last edited by shailendra; July 14th, 2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: ...remembered some really useful 'start-off info'...

Somebody did...it slipped your notice!!
    Oh, I sincerely do hope then that someone does take out some time to get you all the requisite info .... (no seriously, I would hate for you to stay in the cricket past... really! )

really..Cricket IS getting boring..

Rugby any day.....
    Love ya Richie McCaw!
    Lifes Good!

i love rugby too.... my fev. are gonzalo quesada & malili muliaina...
    Some people listen to their inner voice and follow it. These people either become crazy or turn into a legend.

Exclamation Shortest Version: T-20

...Nope, this is not about the rules of T-20 [neither even on the fortunes of the Indian cricket team in this particluar format; sorry, you gotta do your homework yourself (or get help) mate! ],

But is more to do with why T-20 is good for the game, for Cricket!

If you talk to an average (let's say the Americans, the South-Americans etc. and/or any other folks that come from non-cricket playing nations) Of course they all have heard about this game, make no mistake.... BUT then usually say, "Oh but that boring looong game which goes on for 5 days???"... (or, when you try to clarify, "What? A whole day???")... :rolleyes:

Folks are used to games like Soccer, Baseball, Basketball and/or even Football that all pretty much last anything between an hour and half (soccer, basketball) to maybe 3hrs max. (Football, baseball)!

So ok then, how do you compete for recognition, acceptance, adoption on a world stage for the game of cricket which till recently boasted even with it's shortest version (50-overs match) of the better part of a full day!???!
    Enter T-20; the game has been conceptualized and initiated simply to counteract that problem and because the International Cricket Council and it's committee recognizes the need to make it lucrative, accessible and attractive to the modern sportsman or sports fan!

So all the naysayers (here or elsewhere) that talk about the traditional (The real cricket is "Test matches") should take a moment and think about that... about why ultimately T-20 is so important for the good of the game and for bringing it to hopefully into the homes and playing fields of the world!

...And after all truth be told isn't it wonderful for a game to be over within three+ hrs. and you have a fast-paced, attractive, charged game that could well go any whichever side!?!...

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    • What are the things that attract us to the game? (For cricket lovers)
    Things like these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAKhaJg3Rf0

Meanwhile I did not find a thead on the favorite player , i take this thread for the same. Sachin Tendulkar for sure.

Here is why:

Tony Greig( around 7:47 in the above video )
    ========================================

.... O he has hit this one miles , great shot!! Ohh , it's a biggie !!
    Straight over the top , the little man has hit the big fella for SIX!
    He is half his size and he has smashed him down the ground. What a player ! What a wonderful player! .....................
    =======================================

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    And this one would wipe out every iota of any doubt whatsoever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRkH...eature=related

Again Tony Greig:
    ====================================
    Ohh ! great Shot , what a shot , wonderful shot ! He is going for the victory! This is absolutely unbelievable.

Ravi: This is the stuff champions are made of , I have to use the word again and again , because he is literally toying with the Australian attack at the moment.
    =====================================

Enjoi!! I keep going back to these two classics.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    And this one would wipe out every iota of any doubt whatsoever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXRkH...eature=related

Again Tony Greig:
    ====================================
    Ohh ! great Shot , what a shot , wonderful shot ! He is going for the victory! This is absolutely unbelievable.

Ravi: This is the stuff champions are made of , I have to use the word again and again , because he is literally toying with the Australian attack at the moment.
    =====================================

Enjoi!! I keep going back to these two classics.
    No doubt little master is GENIUS...