Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Game of CRICKET!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    And this one would wipe out every iota of any doubt whatsoever!

Enjoi!! I keep going back to these two classics.
    fond memories of these matches, April 1998, S M Hindu hostel, No tv allowed those days.
    Deewar kudo abhiyaan to watch match, and BK Sharma's (hostel warden), "haaannnn sriiiMaaaan ji, kahan they kal raat??" :boxing

What a (or two) match(es) !!!!

Sachin, widout any doubt, is best ODI player!!

Thumbs up wonderful

good find Anil. In my views this (quoted from ur post) is the truest best a commentator can be. Tony Greig is my fav man in the box for the sheer excitement he brings. Unfortunately, he's less seen these days. In terms of voice quality I think David Lloyd is very good. I am not sure if Richie Benaud is still in the job, I used to like his accent. But, Tony Greig is the complete package.

Unlike many, I doze off when Geoffrey Boycott speaks. I dont like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Tony Greig( around 7:47 in the above video )
    ========================================

.... O he has hit this one miles , great shot!! Ohh , it's a biggie !!
    Straight over the top , the little man has hit the big fella for SIX!
    He is half his size and he has smashed him down the ground. What a player ! What a wonderful player! .....................
    =======================================
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    good find Anil. In my views this (quoted from ur post) is the truest best a commentator can be. Tony Greig is my fav man in the box for the sheer excitement he brings. Unfortunately, he's less seen these days. In terms of voice quality I think David Lloyd is very good. I am not sure if Richie Benaud is still in the job, I used to like his accent. But, Tony Greig is the complete package.

Unlike many, I doze off when Geoffrey Boycott speaks. I dont like him.

ha haha ha Abhimanyu , I am sure you would love Geoffrey and Tony together , they really always had contradictory views! Tony used to sya that nayone can doze off if they see how Geoffrey bats!

Temember that famous tussle:

Geoffrey : I think win the toss , bat first , put runs on the board is the way to go!
    Tony : Get the opposition in ,take use of the freshness of the pitch , get early wickets , restrict the opposition and then make the runs!

Shashtri does a good job , but yeah I miss Tony a lot , Benaud was good , Harsha is not that bad as well!

Stuff of legends...

...While this is a highly disappointed guy writing this; India today having lost a very crucial 5th ODI against Australia by a mere 3 runs! A margin that is painfully small when one considers the fact that batting first the tourists had posted the (almost unattainable), mammoth total of 350 runs in 50 overs....) this post frankly is less about the open wounds of all us cricketing fans, but is more about this guy - Sachin Tendulkar...

Look, I am probably not making breaking news here when I say that for long now cricket fans have been consistently braying for his (one-day, 20-20 cricket) blood; but folks if you haven't watched the match today live then please catch the highlights from somewhere somehow... his 175 runs innings (which included 19 fours and four sixes), where he literally took the game away from the Aussies SINGLEHANDEDLY, is simply the stuff of legends.... and I for one can only bow to the little genius with arms stretched out, in three-four qucik successions, and with eyes closed as if in a holy trance!!!

Folks, watch this very game and you shall know what I mean when I say it's the undeniable and irrevocable lure of the game of cricket!
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    ...While this is a highly disappointed guy writing this; India today having lost a very crucial 5th ODI against Australia by a mere 3 runs! A margin that is painfully small when one considers the fact that batting first the tourists had posted the (almost unattainable), mammoth total of 350 runs in 50 overs....) this post frankly is less about the open wounds of all us cricketing fans, but is more about this guy - Sachin Tendulkar...

Look, I am probably not making breaking news here when I say that for long now cricket fans have been consistently braying for his (one-day, 20-20 cricket) blood; but folks if you haven't watched the match today live then please catch the highlights from somewhere somehow... his 175 runs innings (which included 19 fours and four sixes), where he literally took the game away from the Aussies SINGLEHANDEDLY, is simply the stuff of legends.... and I for one can only bow to the little genius with arms stretched out, in three-four qucik successions, and with eyes closed as if in a holy trance!!!

Folks, watch this very game and you shall know what I mean when I say it's the undeniable and irrevocable lure of the game of cricket!
    It was great to watch the innings like he played yesterday. It was the same sachin which we used to see 8-10 years back, awesome show. But it would have been the best it he finish up on the winning side anyways good luck next time and i wish he will get 200 this time
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    It was great to watch the innings like he played yesterday. It was the same sachin which we used to see 8-10 years back, awesome show. But it would have been the best it he finish up on the winning side anyways good luck next time and i wish he will get 200 this time
    Yesterday Tendulkar played Superbly but he had played a very bad shot in last.We need only 19 runs of 18 balls no need to play that shot at dat time.Ye hi galti usne pakistan k saath chennai test match mai ki thi n kal bhi wo hi galti kari.20 saal ka exp n uske bawjood aisa shot khel k out hona.to 175 run ka koi fayda nahi hai agar jeeta nahi saka team ko

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlawat22 View Post
    Yesterday Tendulkar played Superbly but he had played a very bad shot in last.We need only 19 runs of 18 balls no need to play that shot at dat time.Ye hi galti usne pakistan k saath chennai test match mai ki thi n kal bhi wo hi galti kari.20 saal ka exp n uske bawjood aisa shot khel k out hona.to 175 run ka koi fayda nahi hai agar jeeta nahi saka team ko
    Bhai if 175 is not enough than better for the team should not play cricket 1 is giving u 175 and other 9 cannt sum up 175 together that bad. Sachin has done more that enough. Yes but losing after getting that close hurts any ways from me turning point was jadeja's irresponsible run out.
    Plant one tree atleast

Bhai if 175 is not enough than better for the team should not play cricket 1 is giving u 175 and other 9 cannt sum up 175 together that bad. Sachin has done more that enough. Yes but losing after getting that close hurts any ways from me turning point was jadeja's irresponsible run out.
    bhai jab team ko jeeta hi nahi saka to 175 ka kya fayda.hume sirf 19 ki jarurat thi naa ki 35 ki jo usne aisa shot khela.jadeja ki galti to hai hi saala 3rd time run out hua hai series mai.mujhe to andha lagta hai wo

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post

Just a correction for in red- God. Though God Himself commits mistakes like He did in last moments.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlawat22 View Post
    It was fixed, as cricket and politics are big scandals in India, all these are already scripted.please if you have seen the match complete then you can image and find whether i am right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaymalik View Post
    It was fixed, as cricket and politics are big scandals in India, all these are already scripted.please if you have seen the match complete then you can image and find whether i am right or wrong.
    Fix :eek: Can u prove it sir?
    Plant one tree atleast

It was fixed
    How can u say that?? I watched every single ball of the match. Nowhere did it looked a fix. Tendulkar bawla na tha jo 48 over tai aus ka bakkal tare tha. Just a split second lapse in conc cost him his wicket. And remaining players choked. Fixing hoti hai cricket me but this match was not fixed.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

hmmm sab kuch possible hai sir.match dekh k to aisa hi lagta hai warna jo tendulkar itna achha khel raha tha last mai aake aisa shot,had kardi usne to

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    How can u say that?? I watched every single ball of the match. Nowhere did it looked a fix. Tendulkar bawla na tha jo 48 over tai aus ka bakkal tare tha. Just a split second lapse in conc cost him his wicket. And remaining players choked. Fixing hoti hai cricket me but this match was not fixed.
    malik bhai 20 saal ka exp hai usne to k fayda hua is exp ka jo jeeta naa saka.18 ball n 19 run the naa ki 35 run

A player who is playing very good or u can say execellent and then suddenly, just when Indian require 19 of just 18 balls, played negligent shot and out, he is playing since last more than 3 hrs was set on pich in all aspects. when there was no need of such kind of shot, then also see pravin kumar's run out, ravinder jadja's run out, kindly think about this.These are sessions fixed by storia's in which period of overs u have to make runs and not to make runs give wikect. Dear these are scripted just like movies with suspens.

A player who is playing very good or u can say execellent and then suddenly, just when Indian require 19 of just 18 balls, played negligent shot and out, he is playing since last more than 3 hrs was set on pich in all aspects. when there was no need of such kind of shot, then also see pravin kumar's run out, ravinder jadja's run out, kindly think about this.These are sessions fixed by storia's in which period of overs u have to make runs and not to make runs give wikect. Dear these are scripted just like movies with suspens.
    Oh that means player who has been on the pitch from 3-4 hours can not get out? Sir a Batsmen needs to be correct on every ball where bowlers needs to be correct only once to get the wicket. The shot was correct but the bowler bowled a slower one which got the rid of tendulkar. Anyways that's ur perception
    Plant one tree atleast

They all are humans. They made mistakes under pressure. tats what is choking. Sachin indeed played a horrible shot but he was tired. You can't ignore that aspect. He was on the field for whole of the day. 3.5 hrs fielding and another 3 batting. Kise ka bhi pankha paat jya bhaisaab itni var me to. Parveen kumar was trying to take strike as much as possible kyuki Munaf patel ko batting bilkul bhi nahi aati. He was right on his part by going for a double. A dive could have saved him.Jadeja was also trying the same but backed up too far. parveen was very new to the crease so he was trying to get the strike as early as possible. He erred on judging the single. No match fixing at all anywhere on the instances you quoted.I would still say it was the best match of the current series if not 2009!
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    They all are humans. They made mistakes under pressure. tats what is choking. Sachin indeed played a horrible shot but he was tired. You can't ignore that aspect. He was on the field for whole of the day. 3.5 hrs fielding and another 3 batting. Kise ka bhi pankha paat jya bhaisaab itni var me to. Parveen kumar was trying to take strike as much as possible kyuki Munaf patel ko batting bilkul bhi nahi aati. He was right on his part by going for a double. A dive could have saved him.Jadeja was also trying the same but backed up too far. parveen was very new to the crease so he was trying to get the strike as early as possible. He erred on judging the single. No match fixing at all anywhere on the instances you quoted.I would still say it was the best match of the current series if not 2009!
    Dear i was very much aware that no one accept it, but after all its scandal it require to be act in organised manner. All these are justifications if they will not do it sharply then it became be open to everyone. they need to keep up the emotions of this one Arab population also.

laagey raho, baawlyaan key ke seeng thodi jaamayaa krein,thaarey bargey hoyaa krein.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

Amazing...

...The fact that even folks who 'apparently' watched the whole game ball by ball (or did they?) would think it was fixed or something...

My personal view on such talks?
    If one has never ever stepped on to a proper pitch themselves and actually played this sport (not the back alley, kirmich-ki-gaind types) with proper competetive settings they would obviously never really know if what they saw was fixed(?) or something that but happens in the unpredictable sport like cricket, just like any other game... not to forget this other great opposition team (not a mickey mouse dhobi team you probably played against) is also doing their homework and always trying to unsettle the rythm and working on a game plan with their every ball....

In short, the fact that there would actually be people who would take apart even an unbelievable (talk-of-the-sporting-world) innings like that simply borders on the 'disgusting' and is but a discredit to one of the legends in the sport! Period.
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...