Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gym

Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    Arre kunsi bimari lag jyan se bhai, manne bhi bataiye, mai te chhodan ki soch rhya tha.........

1-body ki shape kharab ho jayegi
    2-stretch marks
    3-over weightness

mujhe to bss yehi pta hai....
    साधू सा आलाप कर लेता हूँ ,
    मंदिर जाकर जाप भी कर लेता हूँ ..
    मानव से देव ना बन जाऊं कहीं,,,,
    बस यही सोचकर थोडा सा पाप भी कर लेता हूँ :rock:rock

Iske alava bhi kai bimari ho jyan sain, jo trainer bata dega,
    But if one is afriad of bimari, one should not appraoch anything.
    The pranayam if not done under guidance is also harmful, more than gym....
    Quote Originally Posted by navdeepbudhwar View Post
    1-body ki shape kharab ho jayegi
    2-stretch marks
    3-over weightness

mujhe to bss yehi pta hai....
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    Iske alava bhi kai bimari ho jyan sain, jo trainer bata dega,
    But if one is afriad of bimari, one should not appraoch anything.
    The pranayam if not done under guidance is also harmful, more than gym....
    ya ya you are right........
    साधू सा आलाप कर लेता हूँ ,
    मंदिर जाकर जाप भी कर लेता हूँ ..
    मानव से देव ना बन जाऊं कहीं,,,,
    बस यही सोचकर थोडा सा पाप भी कर लेता हूँ :rock:rock

hellooo bhaii
    ... small n cut short difference
    GYM se muscles banatii hainn shape to your bodyy
    Running see fitness rahatii hainnn

Everybody has good suggestion on the topic. But, nobody discussed the purpose of a Gym.

The purpose of a Gym is to help build muscle resistance. A controlled diet and regular workout at a Gym helps strengthen muscles. There is another problem that people face with their muscles when they roughly hit their mid 20s. After this point body starts loosing muscle mass and starts accumulating fat.

Regular workout sessions at a gym can help slow/reverse this process. Free weights help burn excess body fat and increase muscle mass and resistance.

An important question that anyone interested in working out at a gym is: Why do you want to workout at a Gym? Answers can rtange anywhere from building a good physique and health to checking out the chicks and the dudes.

A good cardio regimen can help tone the muscles. A good 30-45 minute run on a treadmill after 30-45 minutes of free weights is good for most people. But, everyones requirements depend on their body types.

One more important thing to note is that never exceed 45 minutes of free weights. Stop when your muscles cannot take it anymore. Most people reach this point in 30-45 minutes. If you keep working out after this point you will start loosing muscle mass.

If you are a novice to working out at a Gym, its recommended that you get a godd trainer or team up with a freind who knows a little bit about Gyms. Surf online forums like this one to get tips and tricks.

Finally, eat a balanced meal. Google "food pyramid." Eat your protein and good carbs. Include lots of green vegetables in your diet. Most trainers say that what you eat is 85 % of what you look like.

Good luck!

from what I know, there is no hard and fast rule for doing pranayam (breathing exercise). people who are new to yoga and flexibility exercises or otherwise too are frequently told to breathe comfortably as part of pranayam. pranayam done in any form can only be beneficial.

cheers!

gym is the basis of ones fitness.weight training done for specific muscle groups will make you stronger and lean. a trainer at gym told me that basis of ones fitness level depends mostly on weight training and diet.cardio exercises only contributes 10 % to your fitness.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    Jo log ye baat kar rahe hai sports me ghuso gym kuch nahi hota, unka gyan abhi thoda adoora hai,, aur jo log ye kah rahe hai gym me workout ko enjoy nahi kiya jata sports ki tarah, unhe bhi abhi dono cheezo ka pura pata nahi.

Gym and sports go hand in hand !

every sports has different requirement, also depends on what u do as a player in that sport.

different sports need different kind of bodies, which can be made by proper training in/out of the gym and diet.

I am no fitness guru but I still know a little bit
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Lightbulb

Sumit Bro, very informative n' useful write up, Thanks!

My adding to the very imp topic, - Well, first of all I want to tell you all that there's fine difference between weight-training n' bodybuilding. As Sumit stated weight training help in strengthening the muscles n' it adds power to it. Body building is for pro guys n' I won't suggest as it can be fatal in long term.

Second most imp thing is how you start your daily workout, guys an intense warm-up of 20-30 mins is very important, do treadmill, cycling, spot running, shuttle running, dynamic streching, joint movements, drills etc. a full body warm is essential; doing surya-namskar (5 reps) is arguably the best warm up for whole body, u can try this as well.

Now you can go for weight lifting part, start with light weights n' progress slowly, body stance, forms, movements must be right, better do it in supervision of good trainer for sometime. Take 2 muscle groups a day like Chest & Shoulder, Back and Arms, Legs and Abs etc.

Rest is one very imp factor as well, after doing a muscle group weight-training schedule proper rest is required for those muscles. Therefore never do over training or it'll ruin your muscles. One other imp factor is Stretching, after weights session do proper stretching of that muscle group. Remember weight training contract your muscles so do stretching to keep them flexible. Long n' flexible muscles are must !

Before leaving Gym, do 10-15 mins cool down exercise too, its very imp to relax n' proper cooling of the muscles. Do light stretching and lil meditation followed by sava-asana!

And as Sumit suggested, pay heeds to Diet as well. Add lots of fluid, protein n' carbs, balanced diet is very very imp. But don't go for protein gym supplements, they'll ruin your kidneys n' liver so better stick to regular diet. Non-veg ppl can try boiled meat, fish, chicken, eggs but avoid red meat n' egg yellow.

A perfect body should have all, lean mass, endurance, flexibility etc. There're no short cuts in Health so hard work, patience, discipline n' dedication is all that required!

Keep fightin' fit!

Cheers
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    Everybody has good suggestion on the topic. But, nobody discussed the purpose of a Gym.

The purpose of a Gym is to help build muscle resistance. A controlled diet and regular workout at a Gym helps strengthen muscles. There is another problem that people face with their muscles when they roughly hit their mid 20s. After this point body starts loosing muscle mass and starts accumulating fat.

Regular workout sessions at a gym can help slow/reverse this process. Free weights help burn excess body fat and increase muscle mass and resistance.

An important question that anyone interested in working out at a gym is: Why do you want to workout at a Gym? Answers can rtange anywhere from building a good physique and health to checking out the chicks and the dudes.

A good cardio regimen can help tone the muscles. A good 30-45 minute run on a treadmill after 30-45 minutes of free weights is good for most people. But, everyones requirements depend on their body types.

One more important thing to note is that never exceed 45 minutes of free weights. Stop when your muscles cannot take it anymore. Most people reach this point in 30-45 minutes. If you keep working out after this point you will start loosing muscle mass.

If you are a novice to working out at a Gym, its recommended that you get a godd trainer or team up with a freind who knows a little bit about Gyms. Surf online forums like this one to get tips and tricks.

Finally, eat a balanced meal. Google "food pyramid." Eat your protein and good carbs. Include lots of green vegetables in your diet. Most trainers say that what you eat is 85 % of what you look like.

Good luck!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

PJ .. Rana Sahib, perhaps you don't have idea, but Bruce Lee is body is arguably one of the finest of all time, he is well respected n' treated as next to God in sports circuit.

He was a lean mean killing machine, just like a Leopard!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by rana1 View Post
    bhai zem m jaoo t ghee khaya keroo kade koisa bhai burusli ban jaaa
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

gym is useless

gym excercising (i am assuming weight training) doesnt develop functional strength, flexibility, stamina and endurance

only thing it does is increase the size of the muscle which looks good in appearance.

i think our traditional excercises like dand, baithak, kushti, rope climbing, pull ups, sprinting etc are much superior and helpful than lifting weights.
    one more drawback in gym is that their point of focus is only on increasing the muscle mass and shape, and they isolate each muscle group from each other. they dont built an integrated body, and consequently they recomend high protein diet including protein powder, creatine etc. its a proven fact that excess protein is bad for health. our bodies need very less protein.

a person doing tradional excercise will definately win against a gym freak in any fitness test except from the muscle size which is irrelavant for gud health.
    haan ladkion ko impress karne k liye gym is helpful. and most youngster nowdays join gym only for that purpose, so that they can wear tight tshirts and impress girls. andar se khali hote hai vo. bas dekhne ko hi hoti hai vo body

Quote Originally Posted by ravikumar View Post
    Lets start discussing gym exercises e.g which workout you would like,diet,weightgain or loss, and all related with it.
    one advice which i would like to give you is that you should develop good and strong lower back before you start your heavy weights as normally we end up ignorning our lower backs as present day local trainers dont know such basic foundation necessary for heavy weights,whearas our old excercises in akharas always went in for stronger lower backs as foundation stones. so always keep this in mind

Quote Originally Posted by arvind1069 View Post
    gym excercising (i am assuming weight training) doesnt develop functional strength, flexibility, stamina and endurance

only thing it does is increase the size of the muscle which looks good in appearance.
    Please dont give such quotes like "gym exercises are usesless"
    In weight training there are basically two types of approaches one is strength training and another is endurance training.It depends how you want your body to be toned up.Bhaisahab thoda time lagega apki muskal bane mein after sometime you can yourself gauge which type of routine makes your body respond more,no local trainer can tell you these things unless the trainer has a vast knowledge on this topic.
    one thing more always warm up and cool down after your workouts which are necessary for muscle building. ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by RanBEAR View Post
    Please dont give such quotes like "gym exercises are usesless"
    In weight training there are basically two types of approaches one is strength training and another is endurance training.It depends how you want your body to be toned up.Bhaisahab thoda time lagega apki muskal bane mein after sometime you can yourself gauge which type of routine makes your body respond more,no local trainer can tell you these things unless the trainer has a vast knowledge on this topic.
    one thing more always warm up and cool down after your workouts which are necessary for muscle building. ENJOY!
    can u plz explain both these types of training? strength and endurance
    now thats the problem with weights. they tend to isolate everything from each other. they isolate muscles, now they separate strength and endurance also.
    an excercise should be complete. and gym excercise (weights) is not complete. i am not saying they r useless, they r incomplete

can u plz explain both these types of training? strength and endurance
    now thats the problem with weights. they tend to isolate everything from each other. they isolate muscles, now they separate strength and endurance also.
    an excercise should be complete. and gym excercise (weights) is not complete. i am not saying they r useless, they r incomplete
    FOR ENDURANCE one has to go in for large number of repetitions say if you do one particular body part like arms biceps and are doing for eg hammer curls then you do sets of 40,30,30 WITH LIGHT WEIGHTS abd faster repetion or movement and so on or less or more repetitions according to your present fitness levels.

For STRENGTH taking the same example the repetitions are 12,10,8 WITH HEAVY WEIGHTS with slow rythmic movements or even lesser repetitions like 10,8,6 with even heavy weights that depends what is suiting your body.
    This is the basics .

i think our traditional excercises like dand, baithak, kushti, rope climbing, pull ups, sprinting etc are much superior and helpful than lifting weights.
    one more drawback in gym is that their point of focus is only on increasing the muscle mass and shape, and they isolate each muscle group from each other. they dont built an integrated body, and consequently they recomend high protein diet including protein powder, creatine etc. its a proven fact that excess protein is bad for health. our bodies need very less protein.

a person doing tradional excercise will definately win against a gym freak in any fitness test except from the muscle size which is irrelavant for gud health.
    haan ladkion ko impress karne k liye gym is helpful. and most youngster nowdays join gym only for that purpose, so that they can wear tight tshirts and impress girls. andar se khali hote hai vo. bas dekhne ko hi hoti hai vo body
    HEALTH cannot be built in SHOPs.

But I feel Muslims use / used weight excercises, wheras
    JATs were / are more into running walking or likewise

10-10 cos padal chalna....with no sense of tiredness

SO Weight / Machined GYMs are necessary .
    Shayad humne inne se seekha ho weight etc

Gaam main weight ki excercise bohot kam dekhi jaati thi
    kuch saal pehle tak..but trend is shifting to GYM.
    May be Look-better Model trend.

SEHWAG jisa main balki asli hanga hain.

I personally feel , that the morning I go for race(running) (not just brisk walking ..as many do)
    That thing give me immense activation & nice feeling
    throughout day.

Sugar content food & EGGs are also my favourites.
    Desi ghee ....doctor gaye bhaad main.

Chandna sa aa ja se desi ghee te aankhan main.

Cardio

do cardio only ...for 20/30 minutes thats the best exercise for healthy body ..or if u wana pump up your muscles that start dumbling :rock

ar haan ..kayi oo masal bhi khaya kareen unne dekh k khaeyoo bataya kareen dehi kaharab kar diya kareen ve ...kite fer pache handooo dactaran dhoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:rock:rock

I will say something here, weight training is extremely beneficial as it was done in earlier times also in the akharas like using mugdars,naals etc. Now training with weights increases, first muscle size and strength and second it increase bone mass..
    This is what present day western sports trainers and scientists say, but i will tell you that our wrestlers knew about these training methods much much earlier than them that is the reason why wrestlers of yesteryears could defeat their european counterparts with ease as our wrestlers were mush stronger than them.
    So these europeans studied our akhara excercises and used the good points in their training programs and enhanced them.The indian wrestlers were too much quicker for them and they were slow moving .But we didnt change with the times and are lagging behind now.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Combination of Gym, Cardio-exercises like Swimming, Running and Brisk Walking, Yoga and a healthy diet is what it takes to be perfectly healthy.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    PJ .. Rana Sahib, perhaps you don't have idea, but Bruce Lee is body is arguably one of the finest of all time, he is well respected n' treated as next to God in sports circuit.

He was a lean mean killing machine, just like a Leopard!

Cheers!

bhai aap meri baat n galat lege mera matlab yo na tha ke bruce lee ki body badiya na s uski body haryana ke hisaab keetab ki na h jeetni uski chatti s utna moota musle t hum roola m thaa k bhaj leya keraa r ha j galti t bhi kisee bharti m chala gaya t bahr taye latur pakad k bhaja de ge.........ha weha ke hissab se uski body feet h ................................:rock baki mahnet keroo kade na kadee jarur kaam awee giiiiiiii ............. sarir n jeetna kast doo utnayee kaam h
    I always learn from the mistake of others, who take my advice !!!
    "राणा का ठीकाना .......ठेका र थाना".