Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Places You Travelled and Would like To Travel

for me Himalayas are the best, from scenic beauty, breathtaking valley views, the sunrises and sunsets, roaring rivers, dangerous tracks, snow, vegetation, religion, the Himalayas consist of a complete package to traveler of all all tastes.

i personally love driving through the mountains, yet to explore is leh/ladakh

Although, I haven't been to much of places but Traveling is always been my passion and my nomadic soul long for more n more wanderlust now n' then.

Anyways, My list is -

1) New Zealand: This is my dream destination, Its been my long cherished dream since my childhood to visit n settle in this heavenly b'ful country. Its breath-taking natural sceneries are so soothing n tranquil. Nature's beauty at its best. I just luv it.

2) Mexico: Don't know why but this country fascinates me a lot, whenever I watch Mexico in movies I feel like I belong there. It's dry areas, coyote n tequila attracts me to the core also the genuinely stylish ppl.

In India I love visiting n roaming around-

Tibet, Kashmir, Sikkim, Himachals n of course Colorful Rajasthan.

Cheers!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Anyways, My list is -

1) New Zealand: This is my dream destination, Its been my long cherished dream since my childhood to visit n settle in this heavenly b'ful country. Its breath-taking natural sceneries are so soothing n tranquil. Nature's beauty at its best. I just luv it.

2) Mexico: Don't know why but this country fascinates me a lot, whenever I watch Mexico in movies I feel like I belong there. It's dry areas, coyote n tequila attracts me to the core also the genuinely stylish ppl.

In India I love visiting n roaming around-

Tibet, Kashmir, Sikkim, Himachals n of course Colorful Rajasthan.

Cheers!
    hehehe Jit - Well, I am going to New Zealand next month. I have already seen whole of Mexico during my 3-year stay in that country - have travelled by road from extreme north (US Border) to down south (Cancun). Tequila is derived from the roots of a special cactus plant which is grown by Mexican farmers, just like we grow sugarcane. The Mexican town of Guadalajara (second largest city of Mexico) in Jalisco state is famous for tequila breweries. I saw Guadalajara and adjoing areas where this variety of cactus is grown.

I hesitate to write my travel plans in "Chapters & Itineraries" forum of JL.

Hope you will be able to see your dream destinations in future.

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

rsdalal (February 8th, 2014), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Lightbulb Travel

Wonderin why no-one started it
    Me not bein too much into travellin before, but readin Travel bogs on Age lately
    Reckon there should be an altogether section for travel obsessed people.

So lets start with wot places people here like to travel to..places u've done before..and the expriences
    Cities that suck , and then some where you wud like to visit again..
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    hi all..not that regular on JL sometimes because of tight schedule and sometimes out of sheer laziness..but make sure to go through the posts once in a while...travel,anyway is a nice topic to discuss especially for a travel freak like me ..have been to quite a few places across the country and each place has its own exquisite charm and unique culture....went to Wayanad In Kerala in Aug this year.Below are the few places visited by me in past:

East : Shantiniketan,Ghatshila,Digha,Gangtok(Nathula paas,yumthang valley),kolkata
    South: Wayanad,Kanyakumari,Ooty,hyderabad,coimbatore
    North: Jaipur,Agra,Jammu,Allahabad
    West: Raigad Fort,Murud-zanzira,Alibaug,Kihim Beach,Mumbai

so any information solicited on the above places/cities is welcome..

rgds,
    kuldeep

Duh! so people dont like travellin..
    not wonderin any more..

Nyways..in India..always thought bout travellin to the far East..
    Tourist places like Shimla and Musoorie sucked big time..full of people, camera rentals and horses excreta
    Same with Goa.

Maybe Kashmir is another good option

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by deepshi View Post
    Duh! so people dont like travellin..
    not wonderin any more..
    dont just stop wondering, my fav subject as well, hope the thread pick's up... as me, wud bump in some time later... have a lot to share abt my face-off real encounters with lions nd cheetahs and the vicious 'african mamba' snake.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

her chiz main log ko alag alag passand hoti hai
    per main jha bhi gaya hu aaj tak un main se

kuch jagha bhut acchi lagi

sabse acchi jagha lagi Leh.
    bhut sunder jagha hai
    jagha ko dhekne se jayda maja us tak jane main ata hai

isse sunder chiz shayd hi dunai main koi ho :rock

:rockheaven = Leh:rock

ek baar jarur visit kare leh
    Last edited by rocky0036; December 1st, 2009 at 08:36 PM.

Wonderin why no-one started it
    Me not bein too much into travellin before, but readin Travel bogs on Age lately
    Reckon there should be an altogether section for travel obsessed people.

So lets start with wot places people here like to travel to..places u've done before..and the expriences
    Cities that suck , and then some where you wud like to visit again..
    Good thread..

I traveled to all continents but I really enjoyed my Brazil trip and its one of the place where I want live for ages..
    Though, Manali-Leh trip on motorbike is still my fantasy and I would like to do it in near future.. I am travel freak but not getting much time to do bag-packing now a days..
    some of my favourite trips:
    1. Bangalore- Ooty: 5 times (3 times on bike )
    2. Bangalore-Goa : 4 times (Everytime on bike)
    3. Bangalore-Pondy-Chennai : Once(Bike and with female pillion )
    4. Bangalore-Hydreabad: 2 times(Bike & Night Journey)
    5. Jind-Shimla(More than 10 times)
    6. Jind-Rohtang( 2 times)
    7. Singapore-Thailand( once using shared car)

I think everybody need some level of madness for travelling. I strong belive that you can't plan your travel schedule. we just need to bit crazy to take a bag, some clothes, decent camera and all debit/credit cards

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yudhvirmor For This Useful Post:

This thread is along the same lines as "Chapters and Itineraries" and as a result is being moved in that forum.
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

If I get a chance, Germany would be my next holiday destination. Would like to drive as fast as i can on Autobahn..Never got a chance to drive over 100 KMPH(Legally). Never driven over 110 KMPH.

Just 110?? You can do that in most parts of the western Europe and even US. I have driven at 180 and my wife took the Audi A4 to 205 on the Autobahn.
    These days however, they have started putting speed limits in a lot of places on the Autobahn.
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Just 110?? You can do that in most parts of the western Europe and even US. I have driven at 180 and my wife took the Audi A4 to 205 on the Autobahn.
    These days however, they have started putting speed limits in a lot of places on the Autobahn.

I still remember that day my friend picked me up from the Frankfurt airport. After having tea(in car) I looked at the speedometer she was driving at crazy 250. I said WT- you would kill me she said Relax! its normal pointing to the BMW who was still overtaking us. And yes it was normal for them the maximum i did ( when they insist) was about 200. Was so scared.
    Last edited by VirJ; December 2nd, 2009 at 07:08 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    In Australia, on couple of occasions i have dared to jump the speed limits but never been lucky enough to escape fines and loosing my driving licence points.

I have been booked many times by cops and did end up in loosing my licence. Speed limit always sucks..Specially when people around me driving too fast and me just a helpless bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    In Australia, on couple of occasions i have dared to jump the speed limits but never been lucky enough to escape fines and loosing my driving licence points.

I have been booked many times by cops and did end up in loosing my licence. Speed limit always sucks..Specially when people around me driving too fast and me just a helpless bloke.
    yeah..I know..probly the hoons get the better of the police!

we better drive an ambulance lolz..they whizz past even on exclusive tram tracks like a rocket..its a blur

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80 View Post
    I still remember that day my friend picked me up from the Frankfurt airport. After having tea(in car) I looked at the speedometer she was driving at crazy 250. I said WT- you would kill me she said Relax! its normal pointing to the BMW who was still overtaking us. And yes it was normal for them the maximum i did ( when they insist) was about 200. Was so scared.
    Oops...250:eek:

anyways..thread derailed
    (includin me)

...La Vida es Bella....

Oops...250:eek:

anyways..thread derailed
    (includin me)
    Ok To rail the thread back. So far been to 4 continents and about 26 countries. All were great but a few still fresh in memory and would love to go back again. But boss is around so would be very brief.

1 Night Cruise in Paris:: Looked like a sone ki nagri. Felt like in a different world. Must do if in Paris.

2. Venice and Rome: Wish like this tour never ends. So much to watch and so cheap pizza to eat( though I am not a big fan of Pizza or italian food)

3. Zurich: It was great but I loved a small village near zurich more, forget the name. You can see all those big green fields which they show in our movies.

4. Sydney and Gold Coast: Probably the only two places I liked in australia.
    5. NZ: The whole NZ is great better than AUS as a whole. Dunedin, Christchurch and Auckland all great.

6. Thailand : I llike this more than Singapore because it was cheaper and more fun. Esp Phuket.

7. Frankfurt: Nice big city. The best beer in the world. Give me Veltin or Krumbhaar any time.

* And ya Barcelona: great relaxed. Looks like the whole city is on holidays, nice beaches and ya very beautiful girls. haha

Still on the list: Brazil.

But the best place where I want to spend my rest of life is Manali. Yeeeeeeeeeh the best in the world, my favourite.

Anyone got a job for me up there???
    Last edited by VirJ; December 2nd, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

21. The Following User Says Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

And ya do go to " Chor Bazaar" in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80 View Post
    Ok To rail the thread back. So far been to 4 continents and about 26 countries. All were great but a few still fresh in memory and would love to go back again. But boss is around so would be very brief.

1 Night Cruise in Paris:: Looked like a sone ki nagri. Felt like in a different world. Must do if in Paris.

2. Venice and Rome: Wish like this tour never ends. So much to watch and so cheap pizza to eat( though I am not a big fan of Pizza or italian food)

3. Zurich: It was great but I loved a small village near zurich more, forget the name. You can see all those big green fields which they show in our movies.

4. Sydney and Gold Coast: Probably the only two places I liked in australia.
    5. NZ: The whole NZ is great better than AUS as a whole. Dunedin, Christchurch and Auckland all great.

6. Thailand : I llike this more than Singapore because it was cheaper and more fun. Esp Phuket.

7. Frankfurt: Nice big city. The best beer in the world. Give me Veltin or Krumbhaar any time.

* And ya Barcelona: great relaxed. Looks like the whole city is on holidays, nice beaches and ya very beautiful girls. haha

Still on the list: Brazil.

But the best place where I want to spend my rest of life is Manali. Yeeeeeeeeeh the best in the world, my favourite.

Anyone got a job for me up there???
    hono-lulu koni gyaa ? must go !... someone told me, its a nice place.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    hono-lulu koni gyaa ? must go !... someone told me, its a nice place.

Can see ig---- sneaking in here too:thappad

Will yell at others for non sense posts but never look at himself
    Last edited by VirJ; December 2nd, 2009 at 12:52 PM.