Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Places You Travelled and Would like To Travel

Just in

12 o'clock AM(night) Delhi Jaipur highway...may be one of best highway in India...chocked with 10 Km jam.....It was very unfortunate but the enviornvent there was magnificant......many small cars...(remember this is a marriage season in India)....young guys.great music..some truck walas in full mood...partying on highway....3 PCRs....cant do any thing......people enjoying traffic jam....just like europians enjoys after their supporting club win.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

I recently covered the roads from Sydney to Perth in three days flat, believe me it is a drive one must take whenever you get a chance.. talking about the straight roads.. they never end. I was lucky to have my reliable car with me as I was driving for almost 6-7 hours at a stretch before stopping.. It was so much fun, the raods are beautiful and even the dry bushland seems to be so appealing and magnificant creation of the almighty..

Can not uplaod the photos as they are too big for the size restrictions, but you can always see them on my orkut profile.
    "Vir"
    " Journey is not always for a destination, sometimes it is for the company of someone travelling along"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to georgian For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

tats wat we call an intensive research !!!

Phoughat saab dhanyawaad.

Quote Originally Posted by positivelook View Post
    Wolfe Creek Crater is a meteorite

Western Australia is a state of Australia, occupying the entire western third of the Australian continent. Australia's largest state and the second largest subnational entity in the world, it has 2.2 million inhabitants , 85% of whom live in the south-west corner of the state.

., It is accessed via the Tanami Road
    Tanami Track
    The Tanami Road, also known as the Tanami Track and the McGuire Track, is a road in northern Australia.It follows a cattle droving route northwest from the MacDonnell Ranges area of central Australia just north of Alice Springs to Halls Creek in the Kimberley.The Tanami Road is the most direct...

150 km south of the town of Halls Creek
    Halls Creek, Western Australia

Halls Creek is a small town situated in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia. It is located between the towns of Fitzroy Crossing and Warmun on the Great Northern Highway.-Functions:...

. The crater is central to the Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater National Park
    Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater National Park
    Wolfe Creek Meteorite Crater is a national park in Western Australia , 1854 km northeast of Perth. It contains Wolfe Creek crater.Fact sheet*Area: 15 km²*Coordinates: *Date of establishment: 1969...

The crater averages about 875 metres in diameter
    Diameter

My way or my way ?

This thread reminds the insane journey of those 7 Days of driving in the most inhospitable terrain and condition. I am talking about the journey where your bag doesn’t carry ironed clothes, deos or shaving kit. I am talking about the journey where dawn breaks with giving one of the hardest tests of life called survival. Where at one moment u`ll swear upon any body that u wont come here again.
    This is the journey where the battle of traveling starts with the first roar of the engine. Where you have to bear the hardship of vehicle often breaking down. Where the Temp in minus, high mountain sickness, low oxygen level, no food, no gas station, no proper stay, No habitation for hundreds of miles and crossing 7 high passes including Taglang la,Kunjum, Baralacha, Nakee La at 17 540 ft,

A great feel to press the gas pedal on the highest motorable road in world. YES these are the salient features of traveling through H I M A L A Y A S ……if you are a travel head and haven’t visited there, u Missing smthing…..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	3760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	,.jpg 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	3761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	3762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bn.jpg 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	3763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	3764  

I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to downtoearth For This Useful Post:

rsdalal (September 8th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

some more pics:

Name:	hg.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	3765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	3766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	3767   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lh.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	3768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nb.jpg 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	3769  

I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to downtoearth For This Useful Post:

rsdalal (September 8th, 2012)

n on n on....

Name:	Picture 068.jpg 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	3770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k.jpg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	3771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	3772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hj.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	3773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	u.jpg 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	3774  

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to downtoearth For This Useful Post:

rsdalal (September 8th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by deepshi View Post
    And maybe Germany during Octoberfest
    havent been there..but last heard..people are rude there
    maybe its relative

n regarding speed driving, 150 is comfortable fast..no more no less
    Deepshi
    Oktoberfest is awesome, I will post some pics later. Germans are not the ones who are rude there, its the other people.
    Oktoberfest is one of those things one must do once in life, enjoy the finest beer in world, enjoy some great music and hospitality of Germans. Just plain fun. Never drank and ate so much in one day.
    Rupendra.......Definitely would do a drive through Himalaya especially kargil road. Wouldn't do it in Indian Car, I will have to bring Chevy Suburban with AWD, locking differentials and chains.

Autobahn is not what it used to be, now speed limit is 140km max and that too at only few places otherwise it is 120km. I was driving from strassbourg to heidelberg pushed a little harder clocked at 209km, got multiple photo tickets, damn fines were in excess of 700 Euros. Still had fun though, they couldn't cancel my license due to some technical difficulty. Driving at such high speed is very liberating, exhilarating but very dangerous. There is no second chance if something happens. Next stop is driving in winter through nordic countries.

If anyone thinks Autobahn is free for all you are in for rude surprise. Highest limit is about 140km. I was driving from Paris to Heidelberg, at one stretch I pushed little harder clocked 210km next thing I knew multiple cameras took my picture ended up paying fines over
    Last edited by karan; December 12th, 2009 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by downtoearth View Post
    n on n on....
    Bhai Rupendra
    Yoh hanumanji key Darshan kit karey.......issa laggay hanumanji kae dina teh bhokkey baithey thay. Kissa aashirwaad diya bajrang bali nei :D:D:D

Guys, anyone visited cyprus? Itz a small guitar shaped island near greece and turkey..
    well know for long and clean beaches... clear sky and tooo good for sun baths and long holidays....

police is also too casual.. many times I had drived around 170kms/hr (much more than allowed) but never got caught...

BTW something funny happend there recently. someone has stolen the body of their dead former president... wow... murde ko bhi nahi baksha....:D.
    sorry for going off-topic....
    Last edited by narendra81; December 12th, 2009 at 07:21 AM. Reason: .
    khush raho na yaar...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to narendra81 For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012), urmiladuhan (November 4th, 2013)

I read about some Belgium group who travelled from Belgium to Malaysia. They travelled through Europe>>Russia>>China>>Vitenam>Thailand>>Malaysia.

Finally they loaded the SUVs in ship at singapore port and went to Australia.

Has anybody tried to travel across continents.. I am sure it must be fun. Not sure about kinda of paper work need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by positivelook View Post
    Wolfe Creek Crater is a meteorite

yeah,,n I think its the 2nd biggest in the world.
    those Sandgropers in the west have got sumthings goin on for 'em
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

http://blogs.theage.com.au/travel/ar...lpage#comments

Control F India
    enjoy..

maybe its exaggerated..maybe its biased..or ermm..maybe its true

Discalimer: Dont get carried on..the people posting here mostly favor India..the writer had infact dedicated a whole thread in genuine praise of India
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80
    I still remember that day my friend picked me up from the Frankfurt airport. After having tea(in car) I looked at the speedometer she was driving at crazy 250. I said WT- you would kill me she said Relax! its normal pointing to the BMW who was still overtaking us. And yes it was normal for them the maximum i did ( when they insist) was about 200. Was so scared.
    Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Just 110?? You can do that in most parts of the western Europe and even US. I have driven at 180 and my wife took the Audi A4 to 205 on the Autobahn.
    These days however, they have started putting speed limits in a lot of places on the Autobahn.
    Pappu ki gaadi tez hai, pappu dikhta angrezz hai , angrezz hai.....:D

Bredevoort Netherlands
    Very small village in Netherlands famous for its book stores Near Germany Border

http://www.molendatabase.nl/nederlan...php?nummer=190

http://www.bredevoort-boekenstad.nl/
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Karamveer ji Ram Ram,

Guwahati ka Kamakhya Devi Mandir k bare me kuch likhna me uske bare janna chahta hu.meine suna hai wha pe koi aisa mandir hai jo jal me bana hua ha beech nadi me .
    Last edited by MOHITKUMAR; March 10th, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
    I Don't Want 2 Be Needed I Need 2 Be Wanted
    Mohit Pilaniya
    Bulandshahr(UP)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MOHITKUMAR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Bredevoort Netherlands
    Very small village in Netherlands famous for its book stores Near Germany Border

http://www.molendatabase.nl/nederlan...php?nummer=190

http://www.bredevoort-boekenstad.nl/
    Drove through Netherlands from Brussels twice in 2004/05 covered Tulip Garden, The Hague, Gouda Region, Rotterdam and some other areas. Netherland is beautiful with a huge network of canals. Didn't find Amsterdam very charming place. For nightlife it is ok. Perhaps touched Bredevoort while crossing over to Germany from Netherland. Wonderful experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Suna hai Amsterdam badhiya hai ... I would like to go there when I get a chance. Australia bhi badhiya se.
    I didn't find Amsterdam as attractive as it has been publicised. Water stinking all around in century old canals through the city. Rest of Netherland is worth visitng, especially the dikes and Tulip garden etc.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    Pappu ki gaadi tez hai, pappu dikhta angrezz hai , angrezz hai.....:D
    Hahahaha..

These incidents remind me of the time when I and a friend zoomed through the fields on outskirts of dwarka on a 15 year old Bajaj Priya scooter at a top speed of 50 km/hour. It was dusk time and the headlights obviously were not working. I was pillion riding (was learning to drive then and couldn't be trusted with such high speed requirements), and next thing I know was that my friend applies "khadi break". There was a fencing (lohe ki taar waali) that he saw very late, and the braking couldn't stop our hawaai-jahaaz from crashing right into it. Fortunately for me, but not for him, he bore the brunt of lohe ki taar.

Quote Originally Posted by narendra81 View Post
    Guys, anyone visited cyprus? Itz a small guitar shaped island near greece and turkey..
    well know for long and clean beaches... clear sky and tooo good for sun baths and long holidays....

police is also too casual.. many times I had drived around 170kms/hr (much more than allowed) but never got caught...

BTW something funny happend there recently. someone has stolen the body of their dead former president... wow... murde ko bhi nahi baksha....:D.
    sorry for going off-topic....
    Have been there twice. Very nice place. Driving is fun, but much more at slow speeds, as you drive parallel to the beach. We were caught by police for speeding. Nothing extrvagant, guess we were at >60mph. We had just stepped out of motorway and didn't realize we had to slow down. But the police is tourist friendly, they left us once we apologised.

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh59 View Post
    I didn't find Amsterdam as attractive as it has been publicised. Water stinking all around in century old canals through the city. Rest of Netherland is worth visitng, especially the dikes and Tulip garden etc.
    Vipin ji Sid bhai dund lenge jo inko interesting lagta hai..