Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Places You Travelled and Would like To Travel

dont hv that much time. pls visit http://himachaltourism.gov.in/ n ask me if u dont find any info.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend,
    It is right that HP is named as DEVABHOOMI and has a number of good tourist resorts in its lap but it would be nice to learn from your observations about the places traversed by you. Kindly share what restriction did you face or experience when you were roaming there.
    Thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnytewatia For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (September 14th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (September 13th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnytewatia View Post
    dont hv that much time. pls visit http://himachaltourism.gov.in/ n ask me if u dont find any info.
    Thanks for the nice reply!!!

When you have thrown open a very secret site by providing the log in address, there remains no question to be addressed to you about your travelling experiences!!!

regards

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........ना और बूझ ल्यो डिटेल में .... यो मेंने नकली ID लागे स...भेड़ की खाल मैं भेड़िया...लेकिन कई साल पुराना मेम्बर स... के बेरा मैं गलत हु

Thanks for the nice reply!!!

When you have thrown open a very secret site by providing the log in address, there remains no question to be addressed to you about your travelling experiences!!!

regards

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 14th, 2012)

Friend,
    . Kindly share what restriction did you face or experience when you were roaming there.
    Thanks
    Not sure what restrictions Sunny is talking about, but there are certain places where you need to get govt permission to visit. There are other places which have strategic location and hence not open to public.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (September 14th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (September 14th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    Not sure what restrictions Sunny is talking about, but there are certain places where you need to get govt permission to visit. There are other places which have strategic location and hence not open to public.
    मेरे हिसाब तें तो यो राशन कार्ड की बात करे स..... हिमाचल में प्रोपर्टी खरीदना मुश्किल स बाहर आल्यान खातिर.... फ्लैट तो खरीद सके स शायद... लेकिन जमीन नहीं....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 14th, 2012), malikdeepak1 (September 15th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    मेरे हिसाब तें तो यो राशन कार्ड की बात करे स..... हिमाचल में प्रोपर्टी खरीदना मुश्किल स बाहर आल्यान खातिर.... फ्लैट तो खरीद सके स शायद... लेकिन जमीन नहीं....
    Ho sake hai bhai... J&K me bhi yahi rule hai

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (September 14th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (September 14th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

I guess every hill station--nainital , masoori mei bhi yahi rule hai

Ho sake hai bhai... J&K me bhi yahi rule hai

Quote Originally Posted by rekha View Post
    J&K is a little different in terms of buying property or settling permanently. Read about article 356 on wiki and you'd figure it out. Rest there are certain areas, close to the Chinese border that are off limits for tourists. Border areas in Ladakh, HP, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and AP require permits.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

ndalal (September 25th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

yeah u r tight about taht---i if i m not wrong--Indira gandhi ne banaya tha yeh kanoon-----
    however i guess---i m right--when it comes to buy property in any hill station--apke pas wahan ka domicil hona chaiye---shayad

Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post
    J&K is a little different in terms of buying property or settling permanently. Read about article 356 on wiki and you'd figure it out. Rest there are certain areas, close to the Chinese border that are off limits for tourists. Border areas in Ladakh, HP, Uttarakhand, Sikkim and AP require permits.

Rest there are certain areas, close to the Chinese border that are off limits for tourists..
    Some people do visit such places also. You need to get permission from Army base which is really tough.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malikdeepak1 For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 15th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

yeah u r tight about taht---i if i m not wrong--Indira gandhi ne banaya tha yeh kanoon-----
    however i guess---i m right--when it comes to buy property in any hill station--apke pas wahan ka domicil hona chaiye---shayad
    My bad. Its actually Art 370 that concerns J&K. Art 356 governs imposition of President's rule in states. Indeed, both are controversial.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

Some people do visit such places also. You need to get permission from Army base which is really tough.
    Yes, what I meant was generally off-limits but as I mentioned in the next sentence, allowed with permits. I myself have visited such forward areas, just for the thrill of it via a friend's Army connections in Leh. I plan to do the same at Sikkim as another relative is posted in BRO in that area.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 15th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

Yes, what I meant was generally off-limits but as I mentioned in the next sentence, allowed with permits. I myself have visited such forward areas, just for the thrill of it via a friend's Army connections in Leh. I plan to do the same at Sikkim as another relative is posted in BRO in that area.
    Friend,
    Entry to Places of strategic importance have rightly been restricted and it is good not to infringe the security laws.You have adopted right course by seeking prior permission to visit them. None must grumble security checks in view of prevailing conditions all around us in these days of high risks and challenges to the nation by vested interests.
    Thanks.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

No it is not so.

Friend,
    Entry to Places of strategic importance have rightly been restricted and it is good not to infringe the security laws.You have adopted right course by seeking prior permission to visit them. None must grumble security checks in view of prevailing conditions all around us in these days of high risks and challenges to the nation by vested interests.
    Thanks.
    I understand Dr. Sahb and I am not too proud of breaking rules. It was more a visit out of curiosity and hardly lasted more than 30 mins, all the time accompanied by jawans. The feeling of having seen 'China' from Indian soil, even though it was cold barren waste land stretching for hundreds of kilometres, was undescribable. It did help one understand the difficult task of the troops at the borders and the futility of war and politics at the international level.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (September 16th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)

No it is not so.
    I think there was such a rule. Probably to prevent over crowding and to maintain the pristine glory of the hills. But recently the rule seems to have been changed as I have seen advertisements of land for sale in Uttarakhand. Maybe the real estate boom has caused this. It does signal ominous signs for the environment of these hill stations though.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

I understand Dr. Sahb and I am not too proud of breaking rules. It was more a visit out of curiosity and hardly lasted more than 30 mins, all the time accompanied by jawans. The feeling of having seen 'China' from Indian soil, even though it was cold barren waste land stretching for hundreds of kilometres, was undescribable. It did help one understand the difficult task of the troops at the borders and the futility of war and politics at the international level.
    Friend,

This was a general remark about the need of honouring the rules and no insinuation targeted at you.

Thanks and regards

Thnx sir--i was in such illusion

well then toh i can plan soemthing

No it is not so.

continuation ....... Today 15th september 2012 Got chance to visit ULSAN SOUTH KOREA:
    ULSAN is an industrial city of South Korea ,mainly into ship building . Today got chance to go out ,Me left the ship with my 3rd engineer at 1400 hrs. I have searched the google for the places of interest and found one old Buddhist temple name BULGUKSA BELL is near by the city. So we went to money changer and asked him about the place and he told it far almost one hour journey by train from ULSAn. so we changed the money and call taxi for ULSAN railway station and there we reach and asked for the train to BULGUKSA and found train at 1608 hrs so we bought the ticket and return train at 2034 hours. so we were having one hour for the train ,we went to nearby shopping mall and saw the latest electronic equipments but rate are at par with Indian market. after passing one hour we came to railway station and caught the train. The train journey was of almost 40m minutes but it was beautiful sites outside all hills around little drizzling with clouds and pleasant weather. we reached the railway station of BULGUSKA and outside the station we found one group of English speaking couples which were doing their social voluntarily duties for the week end ,so they dropped in their cars to the Temple. their gesture was really appreciable. when we reach the Temple location this was amazing on hills ,natural beauty ,i am not getting the words to explain but we feel like we are in heavens , so this was a location if we can dream of heavens so this can be the place. there we find plenty of tourist from around the globe, almost all the big name in hotel industry like HOTEL HILTON ,CONCORD to name a few were there in that place. we visited the temple and read the history and its explained the temple was built somewhere in 750 AD. IN all and all its like life time opportunity to see the place. Then we came back to the railway station to catch the train but having time so we had dinner and drinks. Cought the train back to ULSAN. Then went to shopping mall and did some shopping. Then we were looking for some night life a good disc ,we went to the happening adresses ,so they were full and no entry ,then we went to a place HOLYWOOD CLUB ,had few drinks and now came back on ship. So had a nice day.
    Arise ,Awake and stop not till the goal is achieved.
    Some succeed because they are destined to,
    but most succeed because they are determined to.

Harpal Singh Saharan

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harpaljulani For This Useful Post:

ashe (September 18th, 2012), DrRajpalSingh (September 16th, 2012), gsolanki9063 (May 27th, 2018), sukhbirhooda (September 24th, 2012), SumitJattan (September 21st, 2012), urmiladuhan (November 4th, 2013)

Washington DC

A good place to visit .... nice lawns ....and a very alive city . You can visit it once.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SumitJattan For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (September 25th, 2012), sukhbirhooda (November 25th, 2012)