Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed for new website

Advice needed for new website

Dear all,

I am in the process of finalising a new website www.jatsdatabase.com . It would be a directory of Jats around the world. So, your valuable suggestions and feedback are most welcome on the same. What kind of details or links would you like to be there? Sincere suggestions are wholeheartedly welcome.

Regards,

Shailendra
    Don't change so people will like you; Be yourself and the right people will love the real you!

Quote Originally Posted by stokas View Post
    Dear all,

I am in the process of finalising a new website www.jatsdatabase.com . It would be a directory of Jats around the world. So, your valuable suggestions and feedback are most welcome on the same. What kind of details or links would you like to be there? Sincere suggestions are wholeheartedly welcome.

Regards,

Shailendra
    shaliendra sir it's a great intiative. Please find my 2 cents below:

1. Font is not very eye-catchy
    2. Browse listing by: It's good to have village & District/Tehsil as options there.
    3. About Us: Lots of sentences needs to rephrased though I am not very good with writing skills.
    4. Wild card search may not be good idea.

I'll keep on observing the website as I have bookmarked it and keep on updating you with my feedback.

Cheers,
    Yudhvir Mor

bhai saab main try ker raha tha Register isme per form me koi password dene kaa option to tha nahi per jab main login kerne ki kosis kerta hu to password mangta hai ????

Quote Originally Posted by vivekdh View Post
    bhai saab main try ker raha tha Register isme per form me koi password dene kaa option to tha nahi per jab main login kerne ki kosis kerta hu to password mangta hai ????
    Dear Vivek,

You will receive the password on your E-mail add. filled at the time of registration.

Regards
    Don't change so people will like you; Be yourself and the right people will love the real you!

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    shaliendra sir it's a great intiative. Please find my 2 cents below:

1. Font is not very eye-catchy
    2. Browse listing by: It's good to have village & District/Tehsil as options there.
    3. About Us: Lots of sentences needs to rephrased though I am not very good with writing skills.
    4. Wild card search may not be good idea.

I'll keep on observing the website as I have bookmarked it and keep on updating you with my feedback.

Cheers,
    Yudhvir Mor
    Dear Yudhvir,

-What font would you suggest that will be eye-catchy?
    -Village search will be added soon!
    -I Will go through About Us and rephrase it.
    -What do you mean by "Wild card" search?

Regards,

Shailendra

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Bhaisaab... good effort !!! Wish you all the very best in this mission to bring community together.!

Ek doubt - How will be the information protected from misuse. For example - a Punjaabi can just take dump of all contact details like mail ids etc and start campaigning for his business etc..... something you have thought of?

I am not trying to discourage you, but believe that most of us should not give our mail ids, cel numbers, address details and other info on public forums / sites like this. Misuse ke chances kaafi hote hain......what do you say?

Lekin yes,,,,, information related to business etc will definitely help. i would prefer buying from a jat businessman than from a refusee at the same rate.
    Last edited by anilsangwan; July 31st, 2009 at 04:03 PM.

Shailendra Ji

Nice attempt.

My reviews -

1. site looks very primitive - old fashioned html site.
    2. better to use some CMS like Joomla - that will be easier to enhance and look great and very simple to maintain. Social networking add-ons are there and all are free. http://joomla.org
    3. in view profile, the profile photo is too big.

for any assistance I am always there, please call me any time 121-434610

regards
    rajiv

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Bhaisaab... good effort !!! Wish you all the very best in this mission to bring community together.!

Ek doubt - How will be the information protected from misuse. For example - a Punjaabi can just take dump of all contact details like mail ids etc and start campaigning for his business etc..... something you have thought of?

I am not trying to discourage you, but believe that most of us should not give our mail ids, cel numbers, address details and other info on public forums / sites like this. Misuse ke chances kaafi hote hain......what do you say?

Lekin yes,,,,, information related to business etc will definitely help. i would prefer buying from a jat businessman than from a refusee at the same rate.
    Anil bhai, your apprehensions are right related to misuse of the database. We will look into the matter. BTW, mobile no. would never be displayed on the site.

Thanks for your best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    Shailendra Ji

Nice attempt.

My reviews -

1. site looks very primitive - old fashioned html site.
    2. better to use some CMS like Joomla - that will be easier to enhance and look great and very simple to maintain. Social networking add-ons are there and all are free. http://joomla.org
    3. in view profile, the profile photo is too big.

for any assistance I am always there, please call me any time 121-434610

regards
    rajiv
    Rajiv Ji,

We wanted the site to be fast while browsing/searching, so, the looks and design has been kept simple. It may be slower if we use Joomla etc. What do you say?

The profile photo issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your wishes!

Arrow gud job.......

Mr. Tokas,
    Really a great efforts, for the Jat comm...

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Kumar Jakhar
    093143-91300
    Jaipur,
    "Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working"

How will be the information protected from misuse.

Dear Anil,

Cell no. and E-mail Id will not be displayed on the website. They are only for official purposes. One can contact others only through our servers and not directly. So, the info you submit will mostly be safe and secure. I will also try to disable the 'copy' option. What do you think now?

Warm regards!

Quote Originally Posted by jakharanil View Post
    Mr. Tokas,
    Really a great efforts, for the Jat comm...

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Kumar Jakhar
    093143-91300
    Jaipur,
    "Many of the great achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working"
    Thanks Jakhar bhai!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Thank you bhaisaab. I am sure this will help and people will feel free to register. Also, this will ensure that there is no misuse of information.

One more suggestion.... can we categorise the areas of work and business. For example... if someone wants to know Jat fellows working in IT or Jats doing business in textiles and so on....... If it is already done, my apologies for ignorance...

Regards

Dear Anil,

Cell no. and E-mail Id will not be displayed on the website. They are only for official purposes. One can contact others only through our servers and not directly. So, the info you submit will mostly be safe and secure. I will also try to disable the 'copy' option. What do you think now?

Warm regards!

Exclamation login......??

Quote Originally Posted by vivekdh View Post
    Same problem here,, how do it.....................

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Kumar Jakhar
    093143-91300
    Jaipur,

One more suggestion.... can we categorise the areas of work and business. For example... if someone wants to know Jat fellows working in IT or Jats doing business in textiles and so on....... If it is already done, my apologies for ignorance...
    This feature is already there. We have a browse category for "Business Type". Try browsing the website for 15-20 minutes to have a fair idea of the site.

Regards

Same problem here,, how do it.....................

Thanks & Regards,

Anil Kumar Jakhar
    See Reply No. 4. You will get the answer.

Best Regards

Dear Vivek,

You will receive the password on your E-mail add. filled at the time of registration.

Regards
    still i m waiting, from last 10 days..........

still i m waiting, from last 10 days..........
    Dear Anil, what are you waiting for; my reply or the password?

You must have received the password in your E-mail. If not, tell me.

Dear Anil, what are you waiting for; my reply or the password?

You must have received the password in your E-mail. If not, tell me.
    i am not get any mail\ password...

muje bhi koi mail nahi aayi passwd ki

i am not get any mail\ password...