Sir, though Manu code does not exist today and since it does not exist, it does not affect us adversely or otherwise, if it makes you happy I would say that it exists and we are being victimized. I hope now you will be satisfied that I have accepted it.

You are mixing too many issues at the same time with the so called Manu code. Now you have brought in the discussion the reservation system.

Reservation system was not introduced because of the Manuwadi system, but because the founding fathers of the INDIAN CONSTITUTION felt that the downtrodden people from a few castes who were historically a disadvantaged lot and hence, educationally and socially backward needed affirmative action on part of the state (country). According to you Manu code was made by the Brahmins to benefit themselves at the cost of other castes. How did reservations benefit the Brahmins?????

You say that reservations is based on Manu code and at the same time the fact is that the writers of Manu code i.e. the Brahmins are not benefitted by reservation. This in itself is a big contradiction. How did the brahmins benefit by giving reservations to SC/ST and the OBCs????? Still you say it is Manuwad.

On the one hand you complain that Brahmins put us in the backward castes/shudras and on the other NOW we (you) fought to put us (yourself) in the Backward (OBC) category. What can be a bigger contradiction??

Though it is true that the administration of religious affairs and management of temples in India is done by Brahmins (and also the govt. through trusts/boards), how does it affect you personally or as a community?????

I am yet to get a clear cut answer from you as to how you are being VICTIMISED TODAY by this Manu code. Are you not given admissions in schools/colleges? Are you not able to apply for the profession/career of your choice? Please elaborate. You have till now not provided anything about the victimization aspect of Jats by Manu code in today's times. You are just raising an issue (though it is not existent) but not providing the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
What harm do you see in admitting the fact that caste system based on the Manu code is still prevalent in our society and causing a lot of heart burning among the so called upper, middle and lower castes who want to enjoy benefits granted to various castes of Hindu society categorized as SC/ST/OBC etc. but cannot be included in the reservation category due to the reason that they do not fall in the category which specifies that only designated castes can be included. everyone knows that this new type of reservation has one fundamental qualification i.e. the caste of the beneficiary is and other things come later ! If this fundamental fact is not admitted by any person involved in the discussion, then what is the use of go on writing without any rhyme and reason. Reservation based on any other criteria like religion has already been rejected by the highest courts of the land who recognise caste as its main criteria. Isn't so. Then how do you say that there is no impact of Manu code today.

Reservation in India for admissions or in entry for jobs is purely based on caste system and so long this reservation policy continues none can deny presence of the Manu code in Indian Hindu society and also polity !

If I am wrong kindly tell me what is the criterion of our beloved reservation policy caste system or not !

Either one has to admit it or deny it with logical arguments which you do not seem to do either way. That is why I had surrendered my right to involve in the discussion with you !

Even now I want to read what you say on the prevalence of caste system in our beloved Hindu Society and the place of Jats in social hierarchy in it ! Are they considered as equal to Brahmins in the administration of religious affairs and management of temples in India !