Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What is better Walking or Running

ooo teri ke.......

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post

To give some idea, here are the pictures of these machines..first one is leg press..

Kisi kisi machine sai dehi banan ki.....

mainne ek angrezi film dekhi thi....usme issi e machine thi ek....par wa teh timemachine thi.....

usme baithe pacche aadmi or e koi si century me pahuch jaya karta....:rolleyes:
    Vj.....Anti Social.....
    BE JAT LIKE फोगाट........

Quote Originally Posted by vjphoughat View Post

Kisi kisi machine sai dehi banan ki.....

mainne ek angrezi film dekhi thi....usme issi e machine thi ek....par wa teh timemachine thi.....

usme baithe pacche aadmi or e koi si century me pahuch jaya karta....:rolleyes:
    Funny.........
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nitindev View Post
    Later I consulted the physiotherapist and did regular exercise for the muscles and now I can run again for 30 mins (5 miles) or more and skip at the levels I used to.

Respect the body, don't abuse it..

Happy workout. It's fun...
    Nitin, running 05 miles in 30 minutes (i.e. running @ 16KmPH for 30 minutes) seems to strech your body to limits (unless you have very good stamina and energy), and will it not effect the other functions and parts of body?
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    Nitin, running 05 miles in 30 minutes (i.e. running @ 16KmPH for 30 minutes) seems to strech your body to limits (unless you have very good stamina and energy), and will it not effect the other functions and parts of body?
    I was a Triathlete, so to that affect I can say that actually I was slower than the required pace.

If properly trained then such training will never have any negative effect on body. None that I can think off.

agar time & space ki problem ho to yeh best hai..

a) 10 rounds of shuttle running between a 70-100 mtr distance with 100% speed .. make sure you touch the ground with your hand at both the ends in each round

b) 1 round of duck walk & 1 round of frog jump for 100 mtr.

c) 200 drills

aur phir thodi jaan bache to yeh bi kar sakte hoo..

d) 50-100 jumps without any break..make sure you touch your knees with your chest in each jump.

itna karlo ge to kabi bi unfit nai rehoge.. it takes merely 20-30 minutes but takes out ur sweat like anything..
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

O bhai,, yahan school kee PT class ki training ya kissi team kee training kee baat nahi ho rahi,, it is general workout to keep oneself fit.. I guess nothing more..

What you are saying is perfectly fine but applies 90% to students and professional athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post

a) 10 rounds of shuttle running between a 70-100 mtr distance with 100% speed .. make sure you touch the ground with your hand at both the ends in each round

c) 200 drills

d) 50-100 jumps without any break..make sure you touch your knees with your chest in each jump.

itna karlo ge to kabi bi unfit nai rehoge.. it takes merely 20-30 minutes but takes out ur sweat like anything..

Quote Originally Posted by nitindev View Post
    O bhai,, yahan school kee PT class ki training ya kissi team kee training kee baat nahi ho rahi,, it is general workout to keep oneself fit.. I guess nothing more..

What you are saying is perfectly fine but applies 90% to students and professional athletes.
    ohh tera bhala hoo bhai.. mujhhe nai pata tha bhai...

maie bi general workout ki hi baat kar reha tha....khair thari marzi..

Oh bhai Mukki,

Jaan levega ke ? :eek:

Sood sir ki Taekwondo training to Army drill se bhi 2 times jyada rigorous hai. Inke liye to stretcher mangani pad jaagi ! :p

Are you sure ye log Om Senior ka sheer torture jhel paayenge? If yes add more like Crocodile walk, frog jumps, battery test, n quick session of 10-10 sets of Push ups n Sit ups !

Aur haan inka cool down jaroor karva diye !

If anybody survive ur training, he'll be lean mean killing machine.

c) 200 drills

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    Oh bhai Mukki,

Jaan levega ke ? :eek:

Sood sir ki Taekwondo training to Army drill se bhi 2 times jyada rigorous hai. Inke liye to stretcher mangani pad jaagi ! :p

Are you sure ye log Om Senior ka sheer torture jhel paayenge? If yes add more like Crocodile walk, frog jumps, battery test, n quick session of 10-10 sets of Push ups n Sit ups !

Aur haan inka cool down jaroor karva diye !

If anybody survive ur training, he'll be lean mean killing machine.
    survive kyu nai karenge.. JAT hai yeha sare.. koi baniya nai hai jo survive nai karenge..... inhe survive karna padega..

it is a very very simple schedule.. ib yeh bi survive nai kar paye to bhai phir to..gadbad hai mere bhai...

Thumbs up

That's the spirit.

Inhe tapa tapa ke kundan banana padega, merely Jat by blood is not enough, every one gotta prove his blood by completing the training !

Hame Umda Arabian Horses chahiye, isase neeche kuch nahi chalega !!

Walking aur Jogging to har koi tom, harry karta hi hai, doesn't make any sense, Jats ya to Kheti karte ache lagte hein ya fir Fauj mein sarhad pe Goli chalate. Ab since many of Jat bros are in corporate n civil world, this kinda training is need of hour.

What say? Let's make a schedule n kick start the training !

survive kyu nai karenge.. JAT hai yeha sare.. koi baniya nai hai jo survive nai karenge..... inhe survive karna padega..

it is a very very simple schedule.. ib yeh bi survive nai kar paye to bhai phir to..gadbad hai mere bhai...
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Jeet and Mukesh, your posts sounds like an Army officer's:eek:
    So, from Military School or NCC or real Military....... kahan ke sataye hue ho bhai....
    Marwaoge baalkan ne...... 10 rounds shuttle, crocodile, frog, duck I think now the missing element is Camel and Cheeta and yes our very own water buffalo..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    That's the spirit.

Inhe tapa tapa ke kundan banana padega, merely Jat by blood is not enough, every one gotta prove his blood by completing the training !

Hame Umda Arabian Horses chahiye, isase neeche kuch nahi chalega !!

Walking aur Jogging to har koi tom, harry karta hi hai, doesn't make any sense, Jats ya to Kheti karte ache lagte hein ya fir Fauj mein sarhad pe Goli chalate. Ab since many of Jat bros are in corporate n civil world, this kinda training is need of hour.

What say? Let's make a schedule n kick start the training !
    hahahahahah.... are tham yaar..

btw teri baat maie dum hai..walking aur jogging jato ke kaam na huya kare hai... purantya sehmat hoo bhai...

ab army ya khet maie hote hai tab to apne aap hi fitness bani rehti hai..lakin ajkal jyadat AC ke diwane ho gaye jat bi..so unko wapis track par lane ke liye.. is tareh ki excercise must hai no doubt in this..

bhaiyo believe me in beginning it may sound bit tough but ek baar man karda sa karke lage rehe to phir maje ayenge for the overall development and maintenance of your body it is must. akhir JATo ko thoda to alag rehna hi chaiye...

Energetic with good stamina & endurance+ power + agility + flexibility are the main characteristic of a FIT JAT. ab iske liye kuch pasina to behna hi padega...

So, from Military School or NCC or real Military....... kahan ke sataye hue ho bhai....
    Marwaoge baalkan ne...... 10 rounds shuttle, crocodile, frog, duck I think now the missing element is Camel and Cheeta and yes our very own water buffalo..
    are bhaishab kehi ke nai sataye huwe :D

wesye haan "Tiger Walk" for 100 mtr is gud for shoulders and hands..lakin yeh came or buffalo excercise ke bare maie to aap hi batawo :D

Camel walks like two right feet at a time and then two left feet... it is also good for legs and shoulders:D, for buffalo no body can trace it's pattern:rolleyes:

However, all these are walks, now the basic question do you support walk of run

Lightbulb

Bhaisaab, Sataye hue nahi hai rather we enjoy sucha rigorous training. I hv a regret not to making into Army, thats other thing thou. Until you don't send the young Gen into sucha hard rigorous training, they won't develop physically as well as mentally, as they won't learn the self discipline, which is the fundamental thing.

Anyways, to be fighting fit you have to come out of your comfort zone, there is no short cuts when it comes to Health n there is no substitute of Hard Work.

Jogging or walking with ipods on don't make any sense to me, this is gimmick of urban high class pyudo health conscious ppl. Don't u walk whole life? so merely walking wont make any difference. Working out in 5 star ac gyms with hi-tech machines won't add much to ur fitness either.

To be fighting fit, u gotta to be back to basics. Hardcore Martial art stretching, endurance excerices n drills followed by cool down with yoga is what make u real fit. Luxuries make you weak, so come out of ur comfort zone n start the training rightaway.

Keep Fighting Fit not just Fit !!

Cheers!

Rock on
    Jit

RUN !!

50 M shuttle running
    100 M Sprint
    8 Mile Long Run
    Marathan Run

Bhaisaab, saari jindgi to walking karte hi hein, daud lagani jaroori hai !

Brisk walk is the best!!!! its 50% walking and 50% running::D

bhaioo time time ke baat ho kai baar bhajen mye fayeda ho s
    I always learn from the mistake of others, who take my advice !!!
    "राणा का ठीकाना .......ठेका र थाना".

What is a better option for overall fitness of body specially the muscles and breathing::

a) Walking @ 6.5 KmPH for 2 miles
    OR
    b) Running @ 8KmPH or more for 3 miles.

I wud opt first one...bhaagne se thak jaati hun aur dheere main chal nahin sakti

Quote Originally Posted by richi View Post
    Brisk walk is the best!!!! its 50% walking and 50% running::D
    Yesss.....U r rite, fren