Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: What is better Walking or Running

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Maka ek baar fir samjhaaiye...:D

PS: Laughing is also good for health.
    le

koi admi ager dhree dhree 2 hours chle jab itna fark hota jinta wo 15 min bhag ke
    eb is dhore hai itna time ki wo dhree dhree 2 gante chle
    batyo ab maine kya galt kha
    yhi kha na ki walking jayda tame leti hai
    per old people or baccho ke liye walking safe hai

Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    भाई क्रिस्तोफर, मैं तै दांहू समझ गया इब के नै, औरा का बेरा नहीं.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky0036 View Post
    sorry all
    i posted it by phone that way its all happend

listen

walking is better way for fitness
    bt today only few hands who has time.
    we have to spend more time on walking than others activities.

on the other side we have runing(ruining??) option
    its also quiet good

its enough to run 5 km everyday.
    we dont need to spend more time like walking.

Funny guys..:D:D:D:D
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    Funny guys..:D:D:D:D
    Deduction from this whole thread:
    No fun in it, you know after running for 80 replies or is that the walking, no i think it was running at 15.5KMPH or the walking @10.5KMPH like in Daddy Cool, the new movie from bollywood, all are thinking tha same whether walking at 15.5 or running at 10.5 is better or is it other way round.......
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

What is better Walking or Running

Its vary person to person

Quote Originally Posted by PAWANCHAUDHARY View Post
    Its vary person to person
    Bhaijaan can you please share with us the parameters on which it varies??

I guess he means It Varies from person to person depending upon the stamina one has.

For example i brisk walk 10 kms @ 6.7KMPH but i cant run more than half a kilometer even at a lower speed I really want to improve my stamina but donno how:o

For calf and thigh muscles, do this......try to do half sit ups, don't sit just bend half and rise (as if u r trying to sit on a chair), do min. 3 sets of 20 reps initially and gradually increase.

P.S. Shuru ke 2-4 din uthan baithan mai dikkat hovegi.....par thigh muscles ki iss tai badhiya arr bina pisse kharche koye excercise manne tai bera na....kise nai bera ho tai bata diyo.
    Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    Bhaijaan can you please share with us the parameters on which it varies??
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Start working out different muscle groups of your legs and try not to do running and weight exercises for your legs in the same session (actually same day). Give them time to recover nd have appropriate diet. You will see the difference in your performance.

Different muscle groups work together. Especially in the case of legs if one muscle is stronger than other (i forgot the medcial terms) then they dont work well together and you wont have that stability and stamina in that body part. you will find the legs shaking (after some excercise) , pain or hear the clicks and stuff.

Lot of people struggle because of their calves.

Tie your laces loose that will greatly help. Lot of people tie them a bit tight for stability when they run but that works opposite when you want to run longet distances as you need some blood flow and want your feet to breath.

Lift you heels (lift more or less) and then you can do full squats without any trouble.

Your stamina seems to be a matter of working out different muscles so that they are equally strong to work together.

I had problems coz of injuries but this worked for me but I avoided any leg extensions and curls for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post

For example i brisk walk 10 kms @ 6.7KMPH but i cant run more than half a kilometer even at a lower speed I really want to improve my stamina but donno how:o

Last edited by gaganjat; September 13th, 2009 at 09:39 PM.
    My way or my way ?

Bebey! tu nyu karyaa karr Raat honn te pehlyan khettan mein daud laan jaya karr. Hadde khettan mein ghani lomdee arr coyotee sein. Darr ke maare mere pair dit-te-e koni.

Or even better if you live away from a village. Just imagine a very ferocious, frothing by the sides of his mouth dog is chasing you. Ditt gee te peendee pakadd legaa. :p It works for me. I am sure it will work for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    bebey! Tu nyu karyaa karr raat honn te pehlyan khettan mein daud laan jaya karr. Hadde khettan mein ghani lomdee arr coyotee sein. Darr ke maare mere pair dit-te-e koni.

Or even better if you live away from a village. Just imagine a very ferocious, frothing by the sides of his mouth dog is chasing you. Ditt gee te peendee pakadd legaa. :p it works for me. I am sure it will work for you too.
    डट ज्या भाई, जे किसे दिन सची में ए आगि न ये लोमडी चाहे यो कुत्ता ते फेर, सुनीता का बाहर लिकड़ना बंद कर्वावेगा

डट ज्या भाई, जे किसे दिन सची में ए आगि न ये लोमडी चाहे यो कुत्ता ते फेर, सुनीता का बाहर लिकड़ना बंद कर्वावेगा
    bhaisaab, nu bataao kimme walking running karna shuru bhi karyaa se ak ye saare nuve thoook billovann laag re hain? :D
    ar laage haath hukka cigarette ki bata diyo ak kunnsa peena shuru kiya hai :D :rock

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    bhaisaab, nu bataao kimme walking running karna shuru bhi karyaa se ak ye saare nuve thoook billovann laag re hain? :D
    ar laage haath hukka cigarette ki bata diyo ak kunnsa peena shuru kiya hai :D :rock
    For the first question....... yes I got the inputs from all worthy members and started (actually it is not the start but rescheduling the schedule) walking and running and also some other exercises prescribed by Poonam... but for Sunita's methods I still has to see the benefits and hopefully will start in near future....

For second question........ I am away from home, and in this country there is no scope for Hukkah (so another thing is the obvious choice)....... but seeing the pics and information supplied by Navdeep in that thread.... I hope to see a change in Delhi club life......

fe......
    Arya bhai sahab, Please visit this website : http://running.about.com/

I found it very useful for clearing my most of the doubts.. I started almost 3-4 months ago with walking and doing good progress and gradually moved to jogging and yesterday completed my 10K in 50 mins (First time it took me 90 mins )

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Arya bhai sahab, Please visit this website : http://running.about.com/

I found it very useful for clearing my most of the doubts.. I started almost 3-4 months ago with walking and doing good progress and gradually moved to jogging and yesterday completed my 10K in 50 mins (First time it took me 90 mins )
    nice input Yudhvir bhai, it is a nice site to tell evrything pertaining to running and jogging, but certain diets prescibed by it either doesn't suite to our pallate or I don't know anything about them for example "quinoa".... there must be some substitute for all these since you are practicing the techniques........
    And hey completeing 10km in 50 mins is very good keep it up bro...

Thanks for this info, i'll try to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post

Start working out different muscle groups of your legs and try not to do running and weight exercises for your legs in the same session (actually same day). Give them time to recover nd have appropriate diet. You will see the difference in your performance.

Different muscle groups work together. Especially in the case of legs if one muscle is stronger than other (i forgot the medcial terms) then they dont work well together and you wont have that stability and stamina in that body part. you will find the legs shaking (after some excercise) , pain or hear the clicks and stuff.

Lot of people struggle because of their calves.

Tie your laces loose that will greatly help. Lot of people tie them a bit tight for stability when they run but that works opposite when you want to run longet distances as you need some blood flow and want your feet to breath.

Bhai gudgammey mai khet kitt tai lyaun arr aade agah-jagah sadak aur totti paddi hain....dukhi ho kai treadmill khareedi thi
    Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    Bebey! tu nyu karyaa karr Raat honn te pehlyan khettan mein daud laan jaya karr. Hadde khettan mein ghani lomdee arr coyotee sein. Darr ke maare mere pair dit-te-e koni.

Or even better if you live away from a village. Just imagine a very ferocious, frothing by the sides of his mouth dog is chasing you. Ditt gee te peendee pakadd legaa. :p It works for me. I am sure it will work for you too.

Jab manne shuru kari thi ya half sit-ups aali exercise to 6-7 din tayi bhoondi taang dukhi thi ...uthti-baithti haan arr manne bohot gaal dee thi (mann-mann mai) uss bataniye tayi......BUT its an AWSOME exercise
    For the first question....... yes I got the inputs from all worthy members and started (actually it is not the start but rescheduling the schedule) walking and running and also some other exercises prescribed by Poonam... but for Sunita's methods I still has to see the benefits and hopefully will start in near future....

For second question........ I am away from home, and in this country there is no scope for Hukkah (so another thing is the obvious choice)....... but seeing the pics and information supplied by Navdeep in that thread.... I hope to see a change in Delhi club life......

Walking or running, this may be helpful. It talks about the diff. kind of pains that one can feel in the lower part of leg while walking/running, associates the pain with the type of foot, and then recommends the right type of shoe according to the foot type.

http://www.protraineronline.com/past/oct1/shin.cfm

Jab manne shuru kari thi ya half sit-ups aali exercise to 6-7 din tayi bhoondi taang dukhi thi ...uthti-baithti haan arr manne bohot gaal dee thi (mann-mann mai) uss bataniye tayi......BUT its an AWSOME exercise
    In last two days, my views are same, recall all the abuses you hurled at the proposer of these exercises and think same from my side........

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Walking or running, this may be helpful. It talks about the diff. kind of pains that one can feel in the lower part of leg while walking/running, associates the pain with the type of foot, and then recommends the right type of shoe according to the foot type.

http://www.protraineronline.com/past/oct1/shin.cfm
    The artical is very informative but, you know there are very few professional trainers in India who are offeringthis sort of advice on using right kind of shoes and if there are any they are very costly

I would say choose which you enjoy more as one is more likely to stick to it in the long term and that would be a big plus for one's fitness.