View Poll Results: Who is The best PM of India ??

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indira Gandhi

33 25.58%
  • P V Narasimha Rao

6 4.65%
  • Jawahar Lal Nehru

6 4.65%
  • Lal Bahadur Shashtri

33 25.58%
  • Rajeev Gandhi

13 10.08%
  • Atal Bihari Vajpayee

38 29.46%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Best Prime Minister of India so far !!

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Jit, I disagree respectfuly to buy your best among the list.

Yes it requires will and zero conscience to get inseminated by two men and later get blackmailed by the son and his whims.It also requires will to plot a conspiracy to kill LB Shashtri for sole purpose of power. Where are the applauds for the ONLY man India has produced? She could have been the person of centuary to be brought on the hot seat of 'Sach Ka Samna'.
    http://www.suryakumari.com/articles/indira.html

http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?211174
    Last edited by kuldeeppunia25; December 6th, 2011 at 01:04 PM.
    चालना राही का, चाहे फेर क्यूं ना हो । बैठना भाइयाँ का, चाहे बैर क्यूं ना हो ।।

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kuldeeppunia25 For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 13th, 2011)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Best prime minister of India is Dr Manmohan Singh. During his time we have 2 'additional' prime ministers for 'free'- Sonia and Rahul.

These 2 additional prime ministers are running this country with the help of very strong team of 'clean image ministers' like Raja, Maran Brothers, PC, Pawar, Sibal and many more whose names are not exposed.....!!!

Everyone is treated with respect - even "Osama" is called "Osama Ji".

Our country will be super power like Afganistan etc in next few years... What more you want ??

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anilsangwan For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 9th, 2011), karan (January 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (December 9th, 2011), ritu (January 11th, 2012), sjakhars (January 4th, 2012)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_121ManMohon_Sonia_a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	13378
    इससे बेस्ट और क्या हो सकता है !!
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vijaykajla1 For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (December 13th, 2011), ravinderjeet (December 14th, 2011)

Indra Gandhi anytime as she was strict.

[QUOTE=cooljat;220940][

My question is Who is the Best Prime Minister of India so far?

Lookswise : Rajiv Gandhi.

What is the yardstick/measurement criteria. X-Factor, IQ, Statesmanship, Administrative ability, Vision, Height, Complexion, colour of the eyes, age, sensuality etc.etc.??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (January 11th, 2012), vikasgulia (January 11th, 2012)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    [

It may sound a bit above board, but i could not stop my self..I think this is bizarre what you mentioned.Charishma is one thing, but even for Charishma, looks hardly make an ingredient for the recipe of a leader's True Charishma.
    Last edited by vikasgulia; January 11th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Vikas Gulia
    JAT- Just Adore Them
    "जाट गन्ना न दे, भेली दे दे"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasgulia For This Useful Post:

cooljat (January 12th, 2012)

Red face Shashtri: The Most UNSUNG PM of Modern India

Rediff Hardly comes with a good stuff, One of those rare articles is this one:

Title: Like Shastri, you too can rise to the occasion Mr PM

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sho...n/20120111.htm
    Vikas Gulia
    JAT- Just Adore Them

Quote Originally Posted by vikasgulia View Post
    It may sound a bit above board, but i could not stop my self..I think this is bizarre what you mentioned.Charishma is one thing, but even for Charishma, looks hardly make an ingredient for the recipe of a leader's True Charishma.

you maybe right.

are you suggesting the prime minister's mentioned in the list had "leadership" qualities/charisma to become leaders ?

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    you maybe right.

are you suggesting the prime minister's mentioned in the list had "leadership" qualities/charisma to become leaders ?
    Yes, at least some of those who fared well in this poll.
    Vikas Gulia
    JAT- Just Adore Them

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vikasgulia For This Useful Post:

cooljat (January 12th, 2012)

Atal bihari vajpayee.when he was prime minister I wrote an email to the prime minister office.and to my surprise they responded back with a letter via post.they took action also exactly the way they promised in letter.so for me atal ji was the best.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Well, since no criteria's are mentioned.

1. P V Narasimha Rao
    2. A B Vajapayee/Manmohan Singh
    3. Rajeev Gandhi

Hence, as an MBA student, my vote certainly goes to Late Mr. P V Narasimha Rao-"Father of Indian economic Reforms" & "Chanakya of Modern India" (for his ability to steer tough economic and political legislation through the parliament at a time when he headed a minority government)

he rescued the almost bankrupt nation from economic collapse.

Dismantling of liscence raj
    Liberalisation of Indian Economy
    Economic Reforms
    changes in the regulation of Foreign Direct Investment to encourage it
    permitting Indian firms to raise capital on International Market by issuing GDR.
    Introducing the SEBI Act of 1992.
    Privatisation of public sector

The impact of these reforms may be gauged from the fact that total foreign investment (including foreign direct investment, portfolio investment, and investment raised on international capital markets) in India grew from a minuscule US $132 million in 1991-92 to $5.3 billion in 1995-96.

he also appointed non-political economist the future PM Dr. Manmohan singh as his Finance Minister.

Also, he defeated nandyal by victory margin of 5 Lacs votes and his win was recorded in the Guinness Book Of World Records.

Rao's term also saw the Babri Masjid demolition which was an unfortunate incident in Indian History.

A lot more is there..to write..but as i see only myself voting to him..so lemme find few more supports..

Regards,
    Satinder Goyat
    What about crowning him as Father of Economic Ghotaala's in India.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Mam..ye looka e ne te duniya maar di...jibbey rajiv mar gya...sonia ki looks te.,..bhugtey poora desh hai eeb...bera na ke saal tai khamioyaja bhugtengey hum uska....[QUOTE=urmiladuhan;292892]
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    [

Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

Ritu mam...atal bihari ji was my best prime minister...he is the men who deserves to be a prime minister really...
    Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    Atal bihari vajpayee.when he was prime minister I wrote an email to the prime minister office.and to my surprise they responded back with a letter via post.they took action also exactly the way they promised in letter.so for me atal ji was the best.
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to satyenderdeswal For This Useful Post:

ritu (January 12th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by annch View Post
    Came across this interesting item on net-
    Excerpt from George Fernandes interview to BBC in 2006-
    It is not generally known that Cocos island was part of India, when India achieved Independence. It was during Prime Minister Nehru’s tenure that India decided to hand over Cocos island to Burma, now Maynmar.
    What is it used for now?

The Chinese base, with an airstrip, signal-intelligence nodes and an 85-metre jetty. The base monitors Indian naval and missile launch facilities in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, movements of the Indian navy and other navies throughout the eastern Indian Ocean, as well the overall western approaches to the Strait of Malacca.

Unquote- Well, JLN didn't have the benefit of farsight!!
    That's was Nehru's personal gift to China apart from the Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai theory.

Kashmir Issue and disputes with China restricts him from crowing him as one of the best PM of India even if we forget his ego clashes with Jinnah and Subhash Chandra Bose.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

singhvp (January 12th, 2012), sjakhars (January 11th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    That's was Nehru's personal gift to China apart from the Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai theory.

Kashmir Issue and disputes with China restricts him from crowing him as one of the best PM of India even if we forget his ego clashes with Jinnah and Subhash Chandra Bose.
    Vijay, please also see my reply to that post and the subsequent discussion..

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post221727

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    Vijay, please also see my reply to that post and the subsequent discussion..

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post221727
    Kapil, I have already read that post but read again once before commenting here.

Let's put up Nehru's shoes here and think. He had to run a freshly Independent country and all the problems on this planet to solve. Development, Infrastructure, security, employment, our share in world power game, internal affairs and so on. The problem was that he himself wanted to fight alone at all fronts and that's where he failed. He handed over the Hyderabad issue to Patel only when he thought that's its out of his control otherwise he would have messed with Hyderabad issue too. Nehru did all the best to develop infrastructure, International recognition of the country, economical stature, political setup, administration but he hardly took any pain to seek some good advice from other leader ( or thinkers) and started the trend of dictated democracy. He made a mess of Kashmir Issue even after a warning ( and suggestion ) from King of Kashmir. He faced the shameful defeat from China even after a series of warning ( and suggestion ) from Menon.

Nehru had so many issues when India got Independence. He had his own preferences. The Internal Security, Kashmir Issue and Non-Align Movement were at his priority. He could have dealt with Coco Island effectively and Burma ( Myanmar) was not a threat that India was afraid of. But, Nehru just wanted to pay his attention on some more important issues ( ? ). So, to become a good hearted big boy who don't want to get involved with little issues, Nehru gifted the Coco Island to Burma even after knowing the close relationship between Burma and China. Nehru was fond of Communism and he lobbied hard for the China to secure a permanent seat in UN. That says how much he liked China despite of some warning from the Defence MInister about China's agendas.

Above all, Nehru had a great vision and was a great administrator except that being a democratic dictator and that's where he lost a lot. He did his part of mistakes but we can not blame him for everything we are facing on Kashmir and China Issue. He did his mistakes but later nobody seriously tried to fix those things.

In my point of view, Nehru is still one of the best, if we have choose from the selecetd ONLY.
    Last edited by vijay; January 11th, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

singhvp (January 12th, 2012)