View Poll Results: Who is The best PM of India ??

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indira Gandhi

33 25.58%
  • P V Narasimha Rao

6 4.65%
  • Jawahar Lal Nehru

6 4.65%
  • Lal Bahadur Shashtri

33 25.58%
  • Rajeev Gandhi

13 10.08%
  • Atal Bihari Vajpayee

38 29.46%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Prime Minister of India so far !!

Lightbulb Best Prime Minister of India so far !!

Hi all,

We have just celebrated 62nd Independence day, day before yesterday and going to witness 60th Republic day in early next year. So we have come a long way and improved a lot in making a nation and our democracy has seen a lot of govts and many PMs till now.

Yesterday while doing some reading about democratic India and its governments so far, a question struck my mind and decided to share and ask fellow Jatlanders here.

My question is Who is the Best Prime Minister of India so far? To ease I am also starting a poll for the same. You can cast your vote and have your say in the thread to support your views.

Looking forward for a positive response from fellow Jatlanders. It'll also give an Idea how well we know about our democracy and governments and their achievements.

I request you to add your two cents to support your vote rather than take the poll and move away.

Thanks !!

Jit
    Last edited by cooljat; August 17th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Best is yet to come and serve country. None of the above.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Samarkadian For This Useful Post:

Moar (January 23rd, 2012)

I voted for Atal Bihari Vajpayee simply because of modernization of public and industrial infrastructure, the creation of jobs and economic reforms during his time.

Best is yet to serve!

Will our expectations allow us to find the Best ever?

Jit bhai ek chota sa note or daal deta Post me ki Please don't comment on others choice!
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

I vote for Indira Gandhi !!

Some one rightly said, She was only Male PM of India. In her tenure she faced some really hard times but it was her firm determination and strong decision making that saved the nation. She was a lady of iron will.

Some of imp achievements of her PM tenure were -

71' Indo-Pak war to free East Pak
    Defended Nation well in International Pressure
    Nationalization of Banks
    20 points program to eradicate poverty
    Supported RA&W n helped it to grow
    Operation Blue Star
    Pushed forward the Green Revolution

Few good read who shed light on Indira Gandhi's tenure and achievements and also mistakes -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3960877.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/543743.stm

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

In a way agree with ya .. but choose one among not so good. Choose the one who is best in the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    I vote for Indira Gandhi !!

Some one rightly said, She was only Male PM of India. In her tenure she faced some really hard times but it was her firm determination and strong decision making that saved the nation. She was a lady of iron will.

Some of imp achievements of her PM tenure were -

71' Indo-Pak war to free East Pak
    Defended Nation well in International Pressure
    Nationalization of Banks
    20 points program to eradicate poverty
    Supported RA&W n helped it to grow
    Operation Blue Star
    Pushed forward the Green Revolution

Few good read who shed light on Indira Gandhi's tenure and achievements and also mistakes -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3960877.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/543743.stm

Rock on
    Jit
    Jit, I disagree respectfuly to buy your best among the list.

Yes it requires will and zero conscience to get inseminated by two men and later get blackmailed by the son and his whims.It also requires will to plot a conspiracy to kill LB Shashtri for sole purpose of power. Where are the applauds for the ONLY man India has produced? She could have been the person of centuary to be brought on the hot seat of 'Sach Ka Samna'.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; August 17th, 2009 at 12:38 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Samar ... India might have to wait a long time .. because Rahul baba is next in line. I don't feel very comfortable about his abilities from whatever I have seen and heard of him. We need him to surprise everybody because he is predestined to be PM.

Bhai merey ko to abhee tak key PM's mey sabsay Badhiya Shastri Jee lagey.

Shastri jee he akeley PM rahey hai jinhoney Javan or Kishan dono kee baat kee thee.
    WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    What are the parameters for deciding the best prime minister ? Without clear definition of parameters, this thread "poll" does not make sense (thread may still continue for healthy discussion).

Anyways, every primeminister listed above had at least few +ve points ( except Narasimha Rao) as well as -ve ones ( PVNR Tops the charts here) . so NONE OF THE ABOVE is my response.

Also.... surprisingly, I think preference is given to rate 'Narasimha Rao' over Great Jat Leader and Former PM 'Late Chaudhary Charan Singh'. In my opinion Ch saab was much better than Late Mr PV N Rao.
    Last edited by anilsangwan; August 17th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

Login to view details.
    People count operation blue star as one of the "achievements" of Indira Gandhi.

Throughout his career Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale (Main reason behind Operation Blue star) remained "in contact" with Indira Gandhi. And aapki best PM maintained the contact despite all allegations. He was made so popular and was given so much of lift by her. Fer, apni saakh bachaawan khatir marwaana pada.... er uske liye Sikhon ke pavitr sthaan ko tehas nehas kar diya.... Indira ki achievement thee yeh??? Gundey paalo...aur fer unko marwaa kar naam kamaao.... waah !!!

It was Indira who killed democracy and announced emergency in India during 25 June 1975 – 21 March 1977 just to avoid her being thrown out from PM's post. She did this just because her Govt was facing all party no confidence motion and Govt was sure to be dismissed. All big leaders were put behind the bars.

She won elections using unfair means, it was proved by court verdict.

Raj Narain, who had been defeated in the parliamentary election by Indira Gandhi, lodged cases of election fraud and use of state machinery for election purposes against Mrs. Gandhi in the Allahabad High Court. On June 12, 1975, Justice Jagmohanlal Sinha of the Allahabad High Court found the Prime Minister guilty on the charge of misuse of government machinery for her election campaign.

The court declared her election null and void and unseated her from her seat in the Lok Sabha. The court also banned her from contesting any election for an additional six years. Ironically some serious charges such as bribing voters and election malpractices were dropped and she was held responsible for misusing the government machinery, and found guilty on charges such as using the state police to build a dais, availing the services of an IAS officer, Yashpal Kapoor, during the elections before he had resigned from his position, and use of electricity from the state electricity department.

Fer bhi "Iron" lady...ya fer "male PM" Kyukar?? ...............Better call her "irony" lady !!!

This shows how well we know about our democracy and governments and their achievements.
    Last edited by anilsangwan; August 17th, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

The very reason for not mentioning name of Great Ch Charan Singh in the list is his Short Tenure. He remained PM for only 6 months. Had he remained for longer time I'm pretty sure he would have been best PM. He was a visionary leader.

Btw, in my view Narsimha Rao was second best PM we had so far. He put India in right track, liberalisation started from his period. He picked up the present PM, Manmohan Singh. Whatever economic progress we are seeing today he sowed the seeds for them.

As of now I'm waiting for valuable views of senior members here.
    Last edited by cooljat; August 17th, 2009 at 04:24 PM.

62 year of independence still political class is saying .,.,.,.,.,.,,our govt has procured drinking water ,sanitation ,food ,electricity ,maternity centres etc etc etc to our remote villages where bharat resides nd its a achievements../// if procurement of these basic necessity for man kind is considered as a achievement then i dont think not a single party or PM had done enough. Nobody has ever dared to shoulder up the responsibility of social welfare everybody want to rule.

But still i thnk Lal Bhadur Shashtri nd Atal Bihari Vajpayee were the bests.

As of now I'm waiting for valuable views of senior members here.
    sorry to interrupt the fruitfull and valuable discussion.

But does this implies that Junior members should not write or vote on this thread anymore?

Sorry to disturb the topic again,but some of us here just wait for a specific person to write and then start their own discussion. Anyways please carry on with the discussion.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Of course not Brother!

Since senior members themselves seen and experienced many governments and also may have closely observed working of various PMs and for sure they have invaluable knowledge and experiences to share .. so in a way their contribution matters a lot in this thread.

Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post

But does this implies that Junior members should not write or vote on this thread anymore?

Sorry to disturb the topic again,but some of us here just wait for a specific person to write and then start their own discussion. Anyways please carry on with the discussion.
    Last edited by cooljat; August 17th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.

Manmohan nai tai tu prime minister bhi konya manta list mai kitte bhi naam konya. Indira Gandhi was better than others as she was good in taking decisions. I dont like any till date though.
    My way or my way ?

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    What are the parameters for deciding the best prime minister ?
    Rightly put by Anil, all Prime Ministers are very good in certain aspects and very bad also on others...... moreover it the socio-political situation at that time which decided the fates of many and marked their place in history....
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Login to view details.

The very reason for not mentioning name of Great Ch Charan Singh in the list is his Short Tenure. He remained PM for only 6 months. .
    So, you mean "tenure" is the 'main' criteria for someone to be adjudged as BEST PM?
    Last edited by anilsangwan; August 18th, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

SO what are your expectations from the BEST PRIME MINISTER???
    Suppose today we get the best PM what do you think How INDIA will be after 10 Years.

How he will tackle -

Population
    education and employment for all
    corruption
    Science and technology
    business and economy
    sports

Lightbulb

That's different issue altogether ... You can start a new thread for the same, if you like to.

I asked fairly simple question, voting is ok but till now no satisfactory n' informative replies.

Sir, you may desist from replying if you don't find this thread of your interest.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    SO what are your expectations from the BEST PRIME MINISTER???
    Suppose today we get the best PM what do you think How INDIA will be after 10 Years.

How he will tackle -

Population
    education and employment for all
    corruption
    Science and technology
    business and economy
    sports

Yes ofcourse, Tenure is one of very basic yet most important criteria. Completing 5 years as a PM itself is a lil achievement.

How can you judge someone's work if he just served for few months?

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    So, you mean "tenure" is the 'main' criteria for someone to be adjudged as BEST PM?