Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Don't Kill Girl Child!!!!

  1. #1

    Exclamation Don't Kill Girl Child!!!!

    Hello everyone,

    As we all know that male:female ratio is decreasing at alarming rate and it can have some dire consequences on human race also.

    What I am doing right now is educating,telling,pleading everything what I can do to all the people who are somewhat related to me. Be it be my family, friends or my servants, drivers anybody whom I talk. I dont belong to any NGO but doing my part of duty here.

    I appeal to everybody to please take a few minutes of your day to educate anybody whom you know not to kill girl child.

    I dont need you to take pledge here in this post but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee do this on your part.

    Thanks a lot to all the Jat Fellows.

  2. #2
    I too support the cause to save female child.

    I got frustrated recently when I was having a healthy discussion with my friend who is pusuing PHD from Boston. he wants to have a son and for that he actually relates it to the Girls extended family. The point is that he is looking forward to marry and tries to get a peep into the girls extended family to make sure that probability of getting a girl child is less (with some very weird logic, irrespective of the fact that gender is decided my male). Sometimes it gets really very difficult to change the mind of people even when they are so highly educated.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitmalik8 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    As we all know that male:female ratio is decreasing at alarming rate and it can have some dire consequences on human race also.

    What I am doing right now is educating,telling,pleading everything what I can do to all the people who are somewhat related to me. Be it be my family, friends or my servants, drivers anybody whom I talk. I dont belong to any NGO but doing my part of duty here.

    I appeal to everybody to please take a few minutes of your day to educate anybody whom you know not to kill girl child.
    Good Topic Rohit, you are doing the right thing by educating the people around you.

    Its not men who are killing baby girls. Women are worst enemy of women. Its women who are responsible of baby girl killing directly or indirectly. Still in villages and some urban area, grandmother want a baby boy from her daughter in law. I wonder what she will do of that boy.By the time he will be young she will be working under yumdoot instructions.

    Or bhai rahi baat baat Sex ratio ki ....to mai to nue kahoo hoo ki chori paida karooo............jyada tension deve nahi chori....sabka ji laye rah....or aage aage to chore aale dahej bhi diya karenge chori aala te....isa haal ho jaga....
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

  4. #4
    Bhaiyo,
    The issue is really sensitive. For finding the solution we have to look into the causes for the same. Some of the causes are as under:
    1. Feeling of insecurity--- cannot leave alone at home, cannot send alone to other place, late coming from school / college / tuition create tension
    2. marriage tension---- dahej, sasural theek na mile to jeevan bhar ki tension
    3. Social tension----- Log tension de dete hain ye kah kar ki tera to vans khatam ( chahe khud ke dada ka naam bhi yaad na ho)
    In addition to the social awareness i think it is the government which can play a very big role by maintaining law and order, giving proper transport facility while travelling for education or otherwise ( aaj kal jeep or buses me jis tarah ladkiyoon ko jana padta hai sab ko pata hai), by stressing on respect towards ladies through education right from the lower classes ( aab to stress science, math , english par hai, doctor, IAS banane par hai aadmi banane par nahi).
    All this will reduce social tension also.
    Daughters are really more caring and loving.
    Rest is left for other members.

  5. #5

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    grandmother want a baby boy from her daughter in law. I wonder what she will do of that boy.By the time he will be young she will be working under yumdoot instructions.
    Badiya point mar diye re bhai!!!! Haste-2 pet mein dard ho liya se!!!! :rock Yo point te humor forum mein jana chaiye!!!!!:D

  6. #6

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by nitindev View Post
    I too support the cause to save female child.

    I got frustrated recently when I was having a healthy discussion with my friend who is pusuing PHD from Boston. he wants to have a son and for that he actually relates it to the Girls extended family. The point is that he is looking forward to marry and tries to get a peep into the girls extended family to make sure that probability of getting a girl child is less (with some very weird logic, irrespective of the fact that gender is decided my male). Sometimes it gets really very difficult to change the mind of people even when they are so highly educated.
    This is what I want to change!!! Its not only illterates people, its the literates also who want to have male child.

    I will tell you, I got my first result, its our kaamwali who is pregnant for second time (1st child girl). She somehow got to know that second child is also girl. It took me 15 days to teach her and her husband that dont abort and after this girl get opereated. 2 days back both of them came to me and told me that now they are ready for girl also.

    PS: Bhayion sach baat bolon to teaching-viching se kuch fark nai pada, manne unte 2 took mein kah diya ke abortion karvaoge to police mein pakdva dunga and they got frightened. par kuch bhi ho wah balika to ibb ji jagi!!!!

  7. #7

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by rohitmalik8 View Post
    This is what I want to change!!! Its not only illterates people, its the literates also who want to have male child.

    I will tell you, I got my first result, its our kaamwali who is pregnant for second time (1st child girl). She somehow got to know that second child is also girl. It took me 15 days to teach her and her husband that dont abort and after this girl get opereated. 2 days back both of them came to me and told me that now they are ready for girl also.

    PS: Bhayion sach baat bolon to teaching-viching se kuch fark nai pada, manne unte 2 took mein kah diya ke abortion karvaoge to police mein pakdva dunga and they got frightened. par kuch bhi ho wah balika to ibb ji jagi!!!!
    That girl will be saved but what about her future, will her parents love her or will they be able to spend some money on her education.......
    One should be realistic, In our country girl child means a lot of responsibility and money....... will you help them financially for the education of that girl child.... they are compelled to terminate the pregnancy.....

    Instead of saving the girl child we should come forward to help raise the girl child by adopting one, or by providing help to her parents...... mere words will not suffice
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

  8. #8

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    That girl will be saved but what about her future, will her parents love her or will they be able to spend some money on her education.......
    One should be realistic, In our country girl child means a lot of responsibility and money....... will you help them financially for the education of that girl child.... they are compelled to terminate the pregnancy.....

    Instead of saving the girl child we should come forward to help raise the girl child by adopting one, or by providing help to her parents...... mere words will not suffice
    Satya Dev Ji,

    If I could afford that I have would surely have done that, but what can I do right now I am doing it. May be down the few years I'll start a NGO for Girl child and you can be part of that!!!

  9. #9
    Bhai gud initiative................
    I also being a girl whole -heartedly support ur concern.....n want a positive attitude frm all the members who read it in the way they can make out sme gud effort to teach n educate others n create awareness.
    And the main thing is that before educating others we all should apply it on ourselves as we all can bring change by changing us (first of all) n our thinking.
    Though this is the time when Women Empowerment is raising in slogans .....but actually this should b raised n empowered in our brains n thoughts.
    Girls n Boys r equal --this should not just b used as to show our openess of thoughts but should b applied in life to prove the above openess.
    Female Foeticiside is a sin.
    Girls should not only b saved frm killing before birth but should also b saved frm day to day harrasment(in any form).
    Though its a Male Dominated Society......but Girls n Women should b well respectably placed in this society......as they r the better half part of society which Man dominates.
    Regards,
    Seema.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitmalik8 View Post
    Satya Dev Ji,

    If I could afford that I have would surely have done that, but what can I do right now I am doing it. May be down the few years I'll start a NGO for Girl child and you can be part of that!!!
    Rohit ji, I will be more than happy to join your NGO or any other NGO for that matter which propagate this theme......
    The thing is aborting a female foetus is not very common in upper and middle class, it is prominent in lower income classes and specially in the rural areas..... there the parents want a male child to help them earn more.... apart from NGO it requires the initiative on part of Govt also..... and certailnly Haryana and Delhi govt are bringing many initiatives for this purpose.....
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

  11. #11
    All who had contributed in this thread and all others are requested to spare some time and go through following report by TINA ROSENBERG, citing the findings of a PhD student Monica Das Gupta in 1970s:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/ma...ab-t.html?_r=1#

    The report was published yesterday in NY Times and certainly an eye opener.
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

  12. #12
    Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    All who had contributed in this thread and all others are requested to spare some time and go through following report by TINA ROSENBERG, citing the findings of a PhD student Monica Das Gupta in 1970s:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/ma...ab-t.html?_r=1#

    The report was published yesterday in NY Times and certainly an eye opener.
    Indeed an informative article , thank you for sharing ! it was also interesting conversing with a couple of colleagues over luch( a chinese and a german guy ) that its not only in India that the discrimination to the girls happen but its everywhere , somehow people seem to have a greater affinity towards sons , though i completely failt to understand the same!

    Edcuation , awareness , development are essential to reducing this disparity

  13. #13
    It's a very important issue raised here. Report in Newyork Times is really a eye opener. Education, awareness, development etc. is fine. But even today every individual can do something that will be helpful to improve situation. like
    1. People are always more worried about the marriage of their daughter rather than the education. Even in 21st century, dowry system is still there. I think every individual can decide he will not take even single rupee in his marriage.

    2. After marriage we will give equal rights and freedom to our spouse.
    3. As mentioned by Rohit educated persons are more involved in girl abortions, when our turns comes we will not be a part of such a sin. We will treat both girl and boy child equally.

  14. #14

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by bazardparveen View Post
    It's a very important issue raised here. Report in Newyork Times is really a eye opener. Education, awareness, development etc. is fine. But even today every individual can do something that will be helpful to improve situation. like
    1. People are always more worried about the marriage of their daughter rather than the education. Even in 21st century, dowry system is still there. I think every individual can decide he will not take even single rupee in his marriage.

    2. After marriage we will give equal rights and freedom to our spouse.
    3. As mentioned by Rohit educated persons are more involved in girl abortions, when our turns comes we will not be a part of such a sin. We will treat both girl and boy child equally.
    Amen........
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    All who had contributed in this thread and all others are requested to spare some time and go through following report by TINA ROSENBERG, citing the findings of a PhD student Monica Das Gupta in 1970s:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/ma...ab-t.html?_r=1#

    The report was published yesterday in NY Times and certainly an eye opener.
    Very informative article indeed!! Preference for male offspring, infanticide, 'missing-girls' are well-known (known to me also). But i was shocked to read the following:

    "... in India and China the situation is dire: in those countries, more than 1.5 million fewer girls are born each year than demographics would predict, and more girls die before they turn 5 than would be expected."
    .
    .

    " ... A firstborn daughter was not typically subjected to inferior treatment; she was treated like her brothers. But a subsequent daughter born to an educated mother was 2.36 times as likely to die before her fifth birthday as her siblings were to die before theirs mainly because she was less likely to see a doctor."


    Is this so called self-less and unconditional love of parents?

    Any one who thinks parents love their kids irrespective?

    Pure and Pious parental love!! :D :D

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Is this so called self-less and unconditional love of parents?

    Any one who thinks parents love their kids irrespective?

    Pure and Pious parental love!! :D :D
    The parental love in our country and specially in our area dependes on many factors one of which is composition of family and views of family head and his/her attitute towards sex determination.........
    I think now the situation is changing towards better I had seen at least 02 girls from my village getting class - A post with govt of India..... whereas all the boys in last 05 years had managed to join at lowly grades....... parents are awaking to the realisation of girl power and their mental prowess
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

  17. #17
    This is actually issue of our fundamentals....there are many families i see that they treat girls equal to boys....give them good education also...

    But at the end of the day, somewhere everyone is having in mind that there must be a boy.....and surprisingly....few says....."EK KA KYA, 2 LADKE TO HONE HI CHAHIYEIN". This is height of greediness and stupidity.....

    I wish that People think the same for girls.....


    But atleast all the people who are discussing this topic here, must be determined to save girl child if they got the chance to....only then its worth discussing.
    Regards,
    Ravindra P. Singh
    IT Transformation Services
    HCL Technologies Ltd.

  18. #18
    Naa mar lyo, ibbe te 861 females per 1000 male hain mhare ilake me (including Delhi, Haryana, UP) ibbe te chance hai chhoriyan ne maaran ka.... arr fer South kenya jaiyo chahe bihar kenhya, arr na te Delhi HC le legalise kar e diya sai :p

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •