Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vijender becomes world No. -Congritulation

Vijender becomes world No. -Congritulation

Many congritulations to Boxer Vijender Singh to become no2 in world boxing.
    He will be no1 in the world.
    God bless him success.
    Koti -Koti Vadhai Subhkamna
    to his family- Bhiwani and India

Vijender becomes world No. 2
    TIMESOFINDIA.COM 20 August 2009, 05:01pm IST
    Print Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Comment Text Size: |
    NEW DELHI: Vijender Singh who won the Bronze Medal at the Beijing Olympic Games 2008 has achieved the second ranking in the World in 75kg with a
    Vijender
    tally of 1700 points, announced International Boxing Association
    (AIBA). ( Watch Video )

Correa Bayeux Emilio of Cuba with an aggregate of 2500 points is ranked one. Blanco Parro Alfonso of Venezuela with a tally of 1300 points is ranked third while Artayev Bakhtiyar of Kazakhstan is ranked four with a tally of 1250 points.

In the 48kg, Thokchom Nanao Singh has been ranked fifth with a tally of 1400 pts while Olympic champion Zou Shiming of China is ranked one with 2500 points.

In the 51kg, Suranjoy Singh has been ranked fourteenth with a total of 800 points, while Jitender Kumar has been ranked 13th with a total 837.5 points. In the 57kg Akhil Kumar has been ranked ninth with a total of 1050 points, while his compatriot Jai Bhagwan is ranked 25th with 700 points.

In the 64kg, Manoj Kumar is ranked 2nd with 400 points while in the same weight category Balwinder Beniwal is ranked 57th with 362.5 points. In the 69kg category Dilbag Singh is ranked 28th with 550 points while in the 81 kgs, Dinesh Kumar is ranked Joint sixth with 1050 pts. In the 91 kgs Manpreet Singh is 35th with 450 pts while in the + 91kg Parveen Kumar and Paramjit Samota are 37th and 40th respectively.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/4915427.cms
    Jay Jawan Jay Kisan Jay Shaheed

I wish i meet vijendra someday and congratulate him vis-a-vis!!.That's where flight of success lands a person ..."to heights"!!

Congrats to him...... and thanks to Dudee Ji for sharing with us
    Last edited by aryasatyadev; August 20th, 2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: .......
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    भाई कालुवासिये बिजेंदर ने बहुत बहुत बधाई....... लागा रह भाई ... धूमा ठा दे.... 'थोब्डी' हिला दे दुनिया की अपने 'घुसंडा' गेल...... एर बन ज्या नंबर १ ....

PS: Jat nyu e congratulate karya karein :rock
    Last edited by anilsangwan; August 21st, 2009 at 12:48 PM.

bhai...bijender bhai ko hamari taraf se bhi bahut subhkamnayen...bhagwaan karey wo jald hi world no. 1 ban jaye...cheers
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

कांग्रचुलेशन्स

ओ छोर्रे विजेंदर, इस नंबर १ आले का भी जाबडा फोड़ गेर इब
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Congratulation Vijender

Congratulation Vijender

Heartiest congratulations to this bhiwani guy nd i convey my best wishes for his bright future.Also my best wishes with his coach Mr Jagdish whose hard work has born the fruit.

My Congritulations to you Bijender bhai!

Smile

Many congratulations to dashing Vijender ..
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

Congratulations to village boy....

Amature and Professional boxing is polls apart. I hope members understand the difference. I am more keen to see him in Professional endeavors. Amature ranking is just okay, doesnt matter.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Amature and Professional boxing is polls apart. I hope members understand the difference. I am more keen to see him in Professional endeavors. Amature ranking is just okay, doesnt matter.
    Amateur!? I thought I knew the difference till now. But please explain.

Thumbs up

Many Congrats to Vijender bhai. Way to go ... ranking doesn't matter that much, you gotta convert bronzes into silver and silver to Gold.

All the best !
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Amateur!? I thought I knew the difference till now. But please explain.
    Amateur** :eek:

Kapil, I just slapped myself for spell mistake.

Amateur** :eek:

Kapil, I just slapped myself for spell mistake.
    Samar, I was not pointing to the incorrect spelling. I don't understand what you mean by professional boxing? Olympics, world championships, etc. are not amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Samar, I was not pointing to the incorrect spelling. I don't understand what you mean by professional boxing? Olympics, world championships, etc. are not amateur.
    Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Headgear is mandatory in modern amateur boxing
    : Amateur boxing::
    Amateur boxing may be found at the collegiate level, at the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games, and in many other venues sanctioned by amateur boxing associations. Amateur boxing has a point scoring system that measures the number of clean blows landed rather than physical damage. Bouts consist of three rounds of three minutes in the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, and three rounds of two minutes in a national ABA (Amateur Boxing Association) bout, each with a one-minute interval between rounds

Professional Boxing::

Professional bouts are usually much longer than amateur bouts, typically ranging from ten to twelve rounds, though four round fights are common for less experienced fighters or club fighters. There are also some two-[14] and three-round professional bouts[15], especially in Australia. Through the early twentieth century, it was common for fights to have unlimited rounds, ending only when one fighter quit, benefiting high-energy fighters like Jack Dempsey. Fifteen rounds remained the internationally recognized limit for championship fights for most of the twentieth century until the early 1980s, when the death of boxer Duk Koo Kim reduced the limit to twelve.

Headgear is not permitted in professional bouts, and boxers are generally allowed to take much more punishment before a fight is halted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    थंक यू भाई समर..... मतलब देसी हिसाब तें............. "घने घुसंडा गेल मुह फुत्टन आली" बोक्सिंग हो स या प्रोफेशनल बोक्सिंग ......

देखिये भाई बिजेंदर.........ये AMATEUR बोक्सिंग आले दो चार पिलपिले पिलपिले घूसे मार की इ काम चला लिए......... कदे चला जा समर की बात मान की प्रोफेशनल बोक्सिंग में..... फेर वा बिपाशा बासु कती फोन नहीं करेगी तेंने.....थोबडे का भी "ढारा" सा बैठ जागा .... ब्याह भी न होवेगा.... हा हा हा हा ..... हा हा हा हा हा हा हा हा हा

PS --- Lighter mood mein likhya s... kadey koye sa senti ho jya.....

Kapil, have a look:

Professional bouts are usually much longer than amateur bouts, typically ranging from ten to twelve rounds, though four round fights are common for less experienced fighters or club fighters. There are also some two-[14] and three-round professional bouts[15], especially in Australia. Through the early twentieth century, it was common for fights to have unlimited rounds, ending only when one fighter quit, benefiting high-energy fighters like Jack Dempsey. Fifteen rounds remained the internationally recognized limit for championship fights for most of the twentieth century until the early 1980s, when the death of boxer Duk Koo Kim reduced the limit to twelve.

Headgear is not permitted in professional bouts, and boxers are generally allowed to take much more punishment before a fight is halted

Last edited by anilsangwan; August 26th, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Lightbulb

You described it well, Samar. But perhaps you missed a imp point.
    If a amateur boxer opts for pro boxing, he automatically disqualified for Olympics, he can never participate then !

Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Amateur boxing may be found at the collegiate level, at the Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games, and in many other venues sanctioned by amateur boxing associations. Amateur boxing has a point scoring system that measures the number of clean blows landed rather than physical damage. Bouts consist of three rounds of three minutes in the Olympic and Commonwealth Games, and three rounds of two minutes in a national ABA (Amateur Boxing Association) bout, each with a one-minute interval between rounds

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Kapil, have a look:

Amateur boxing

Hmm...interesting. Thanks. I didn't know they called it amateur.

Is there any current boxer who does both? I know Muhammad Ali won gold in olympics and then moved to pro boxing circuit. But right now? Personally, I would prefer Olympic glory more. Of course, it is Vijender's choice.