Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hukkah Smoking : is it better than Cigarrette?

Learn from Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by coolmalik2008 View Post
    Meera first of all thanks for a good post.
    But I differ on the point highlighted above. Does the author think people who can read don't smoke? Do they take the warning seriously?? Perhaps not. Even the pictorial representation won't help to reduce the number of smokers. Smoking is a huge problem in our country. Even after passing laws you can see people smoking people at public places.

Some people smoke for stress relief, some for leisure, some think that it is a status symbol. Children at young age perhaps think on the latter part and thats the age where parents need to be cautious for their child. If they are able to stop their child from smoking at early age, I think the count of smokers will reduce drastically. It is not the warning presentation which is not able to control the smoke chain, but the guidance of individuals on how they percieve the things in front of them and their intution.

It has no relation to background whether rural or urban. People in rural areas die due to lack of medical facilities rather than any other reason.
    I think best way to discourage people from smoking is to make it a luxury item and taxed it like hell. In singapore, Malbaro costs around 14 SGD (500 Rs). They have very strict restrictions in terms of cigarette smuggling. Singapore is the only country where you can't bring in duty-free cigarette. You need to pay duty on cigarette. I think we may need to do the same.
    I know lots of efforts are required to implement it.Govt. also need to increase the duty on Bidi and other tobacco products.. In our Country, Biggest killer is Bidi not cigarettes.
    Alternative way to discourage new smokers is to Promote Sports..

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Meerasansanwal View Post
    A drop in ocean ,Arya Ji, have a look:-

->

It’s confirmed. If you wish to have a long and healthy life, then you better heed those warnings on cigarette labels. An independent research by the Canada-based Centre for Global Health Research (CGHR) on the effects of smoking on Indians has revealed some startling facts. It predicts that by 2010, at least 10 lakh will die annually (1/10th of the total) due to smoking.

Thanks Meera ji, for such detailed and informative reply.
    Yes, I do agree and many among us will agree that smoking is a bad habbit and one should not resort to it for whatever reason they might think fit.
    We know that both Hokkah and Cigarrette are devils, but by this thread we wanna discuss what is lesser devil among the two.......
    Thanks for your comments, keep posting......
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    I think best way to discourage people from smoking is to make it a luxury item and taxed it like hell. In singapore, Malbaro costs around 14 SGD (500 Rs). They have very strict restrictions in terms of cigarette smuggling. Singapore is the only country where you can't bring in duty-free cigarette. You need to pay duty on cigarette. I think we may need to do the same.
    I know lots of efforts are required to implement it.Govt. also need to increase the duty on Bidi and other tobacco products.. In our Country, Biggest killer is Bidi not cigarettes.
    Very informative post indeed, however the govt is already increasing duty every year on cigarrettes only, it is not increasing on Bidi or other tobacco products with the arguement that these are being used by common men and hence cant be made costlier.....

Very good suggestion yudhvir bhai................ ek baar to strict hona hi chahiye govt ko.... but hamari to govt. mein se bhi 50% se upar log tobacco-lovers milenge
    People come, people go.. Some grow young, some grow old
    I woke up in between.. A memory and a dream

Quote Originally Posted by ajaysinghkundu View Post
    Very good suggestion yudhvir bhai................ ek baar to strict hona hi chahiye govt ko.... but hamari to govt. mein se bhi 50% se upar log tobacco-lovers milenge
    बात सिर्फ टोबाको लवर होने की नहीं है भाई साब, बात ये है की टोबाको products से सरकार को बहुत ज्यादा आमदनी होती है, और ये पैसा बाकि के विकास कार्यों में काम आता है, इसमें सरकार के साथ साथ आम जनता को भी सोचना चाहिए के उनके लिए क्या सही है और क्या गलत, हर बात में सरकार ही सब कुछ नहीं कर सकती

Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    बात सिर्फ टोबाको लवर होने की नहीं है भाई साब, बात ये है की टोबाको products से सरकार को बहुत ज्यादा आमदनी होती है, और ये पैसा बाकि के विकास कार्यों में काम आता है, इसमें सरकार के साथ साथ आम जनता को भी सोचना चाहिए के उनके लिए क्या सही है और क्या गलत, हर बात में सरकार ही सब कुछ नहीं कर सकती
    Bhai sahab vikas ke liye paise kamane ke liye bahut resource hain.. Gujarat is finest example.. Govt doesn't earn revenues from liquor but still its most progressive Indian state and has best infrastructure.

Dont u think smoking agarbatti is the best !!!!!
    People come, people go.. Some grow young, some grow old
    I woke up in between.. A memory and a dream

Yes, it will help you reach Nirvana:D

Bhai sahab vikas ke liye paise kamane ke liye bahut resource hain.. Gujarat is finest example.. Govt doesn't earn revenues from liquor but still its most progressive Indian state and has best infrastructure.
    But Yudhvir bhai, the geographic and other factors are contributing to the progress of Gujrat, and although this is off topic, but haven't we all seen the debacle of governmants in Haryana and Andhra Pradesh after prohibition on liquor.

but haven't we all seen the debacle of governmants in Haryana and Andhra Pradesh after prohibition on liquor.
    Bhaisaab I'm not aware of Andhra but in Haryana I can say, it was not implemented properly. It was a very good move by Bansilal to ban liquor in state, but it failed since he was not able to control the illegal inflow of liquor in haryana from other adjacent states. People who made most out of this ban were truck drivers. They used to carry liquor hidden along with their own 'samaan' and then sell it at a very high price. Government faced huge problem in controlling this inflow of liquor. Hence this step failed for Bansilal which also resulted in Rs. 800 crore revenue loss per year for the govt. Had that ban been successfull, we might have witnessed some other situation than what we are seeing currently.

Guajrat on other hand has developed mostly because it has got some Ports and harbours which help companies a lot. They can import or export with a reduced transportation cost. If a company has to get soem raw material from say Kandla to Gurgaon, it will result in additonal transportation cost for it than if it had its production unit in Ahmedabad. Hence govt. of Gujarat earns more revenue from Ports and Harbours. it has got alternate for liquor to generate revenue. But in haryan this was not the case. I totally agree with You that Geographic factors do play a big part in a state's economy.
    Last edited by malikdeepak1; September 6th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    Bhaisaab I'm not aware of Andhra but in Haryana I can say, it was not implemented properly. It was a very good move by Bansilal to ban liquor in state, but it failed since he was not able to control the illegal inflow of liquor in haryana from other adjacent states. People who made most out of this ban were truck drivers. They used to carry liquor hidden along with their own 'samaan' and then sell it at a very high price. Government faced huge problem in controlling this inflow of liquor. Hence this step failed for Bansilal which also resulted in Rs. 800 crore revenue loss per year for the govt. Had that ban been successfull, we might have witnessed some other situation than what we are seeing currently.

Guajrat on other hand has developed mostly because it has got some Ports and harbours which help companies a lot. They can import or export with a reduced transportation cost. If a company has to get soem raw material from say Kandla to Gurgaon, it will result in additonal transportation cost for it than if it had its production unit in Ahmedabad. Hence govt. of Gujarat earns more revenue from Ports and Harbours. it has got alternate for liquor to generate revenue. But in haryan this was not the case. I totally agree with You that Geographic factors do play a big part in a state's economy.
    Malik Sahab I don't want to divert from topic.. Maharastra, Andhra pardesh, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal and Orissa also have ports and harbors. Most these states failed to create that kind of infrastructure for their people.

Govt. has to understand that they have many sources of income to improve the infrastructure.
    Regards,
    Yudhvir Mor

i dont noe much bt now a dayz a filtered hukka [known as sisha] is also available at sm hangout places.....
    it is flavoured hukka ... anyone cn choose it's flavour according to his taste...
    it is free from any side effects and it also used to overcome tension and provides relife from stress and fatique..
    there is growing craze of flavoured hukka among teenagers....
    साधू सा आलाप कर लेता हूँ ,
    मंदिर जाकर जाप भी कर लेता हूँ ..
    मानव से देव ना बन जाऊं कहीं,,,,
    बस यही सोचकर थोडा सा पाप भी कर लेता हूँ :rock:rock

Quote Originally Posted by navdeepbudhwar View Post
    i dont noe much bt now a dayz a filtered hukka [known as sisha] is also available at sm hangout places.....
    It is flavoured hukka ... Anyone cn choose it's flavour according to his taste...
    it is free from any side effects and it also used to overcome tension and provides relife from stress and fatique..
    there is growing craze of flavoured hukka among teenagers....
    भाई सोनीपत कुरुक्षेत्र के एरिया में किते पाया जाया करे के यो. हो ते भाई हमने भी बताइए

भाई सोनीपत कुरुक्षेत्र के एरिया में किते पाया जाया करे के यो. हो ते भाई हमने भी बताइए
    haan bhai yahan kurukshetra mai chaudhary hooka louge hai brahmsarovar vali road pe...salarpur road ki taraf sunaya hai vahan milya kare.........
    arr agar kadi delhi ka geda lage to khan market ya GK mai kai jagah milta hai.....

haan bhai yahan kurukshetra mai chaudhary hooka louge hai brahmsarovar vali road pe...salarpur road ki taraf sunaya hai vahan milya kare.........
    arr agar kadi delhi ka geda lage to khan market ya GK mai kai jagah milta hai.....
    Thanks for the info Navdeep........

arr IIT k shaami safdarjung enclave market mein b hai ek barista k dhorre
    "Every Man alone is sincere.At the entrance of second person hypocrisy begins"

Quote Originally Posted by rekharathee View Post
    arr IIT k shaami safdarjung enclave market mein b hai ek barista k dhorre
    This shows that the govt. of Delhi, which is seemingly opposed to sale of tobbacco and tobbacco related products and specially to smoking at public places, is encouraging Hokkah......... so does it think that Hokkah doesn't comes under the category of Smoking or is it better than Cigarretta???

This shows that the govt. of Delhi, which is seemingly opposed to sale of tobbacco and tobbacco related products and specially to smoking at public places, is encouraging Hokkah......... so does it think that Hokkah doesn't comes under the category of Smoking or is it better than Cigarretta???
    satya dev ji.....is flavoured hookah mai koi tobacco nai use hota.....
    ye nai technology ka hookah hota hai....iss mai flavoure aur sath mai liquid jaise water,coldrink,bear or wine...ye sb dalta hai....

ye iska flavour ka box hai....is mai kai flavour aate hai...

this is modern hookah....it is very diffrent from that hookah which is used in villages or in chaupals....

liquid is filled in the lower part (bottle type)
    and flavour is filled in upper part and charkol is kept in upper most part .charcoal is covered with alluminium foil..
    and from pipe smoke is inhaled.

the hookah having bear or wine does the same work as that of hookah using tobacco.

ypu can find this type of hookah just in 1000 rs from GK,or khan market..
    one pack of flavour will be enough for a month.

hahaha..........AJ.......agarbatti......dhooma to wa bhi thawe e hai.....per sayad us me nasha na hota hoga...na to log usne ne bhi peen lag jate....
    Mera ek dost hai ...chain smoker.....wo kaha kare...

A cigarette is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?........

Baaki bhai jo piwe hai un ne bera hoga...
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Exclamation

Hokkah is an integral part of our custom and tradition and finds place in every home. Yes, we know that smokong tobbacco is bad but when we tell this to our elders they says that the water in the hookah filters out all the "bad stuff" in the tobacco smoke.

While discussing with one of my doctor friend he said that the tobacco is no less toxic. Hookah smokers actually inhale more tobacco smoke than do cigarette smokers because of the massive volume of smoke they inhale.

So, is it better than cigarrette or equally worse???
    i dont no which i better, bt people says HOOKAH is more healthy. there is a customized social reasons, HOOKAH attached the society and make a platform discussions.:rock
    Thanks & Regards,

Anil Jakhar
    jakhar.anilk@gmail.com
    +91 93143 91300
    Birodi badi \ Nawal garh, Fatehpur Shekhawati, Rajasthan, India

Quote Originally Posted by jakharanil View Post
    i dont no which i better, bt people says HOOKAH is more healthy. there is a customized social reasons, HOOKAH attached the society and make a platform discussions.:rock
    Right Jakhar bhai, a person usually smokes a cigarrette in solitude, and this many times leads to dipresing thoughts, whereas hokkah is a thing of group, resulting in people coming together and discussing the personnel as well as social problems...... this helps in relieving them of dipressing thoughts, and hence improving health