Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First red wine and now beer...

Lightbulb First red wine and now beer...

Seems all of 'em in moderation are doing some good, well ..good for us..:D

Moderate drinking 'boosts bones'

Women who drink moderate amounts of beer may be strengthening their bones, according to Spanish researchers.

Their study of almost 1,700 women, published in the journal Nutrition, found bone density was better in regular drinkers than non-drinkers.

But the team added that plant hormones in the beer rather than the alcohol may be responsible for the effects.

Experts urged caution, warning that drinking more than two units of alcohol a day was known to harm bone health.

Osteoporosis is a common problem for post-menopausal women, increasing the risk of disabling bone fractures later in life.

Further research

Scientists have been hunting for supplements which might help women maintain the strength of bones into old age.

The study authors, from the University of Extremadura in Caceres, said they did not recommend anyone drank beer to boost bone health, but said that ingredients of beer called phytoestrogens deserved further research.

They recruited volunteers with an average age of 48, and used ultrasound to measure the density of bones in their fingers.

The results were cross checked against factors such as their weight, age and alcohol use.

Women defined as "light" or "moderate" beer drinkers, covering consumption of up to 280 grams of alcohol a week - equivalent to up to five units a day, were found to have superior bone density to non-drinkers.

The findings echo those from earlier research projects, including one conducted at St Thomas' Hospital in London, which suggested that drinking an average of eight units a week of alcohol could be beneficial.

However, experts were quick to point out that the line between a "healthy" dose of alcohol and a damaging one might be very fine.

Health concerns
    At 35 units a week, the upper limit of the "moderate" alcohol consumption defined by the study is double the recommended maximum for women.

Dr Claire Bowring, of the UK's National Osteoporosis Society, said that while the findings mirrored previous studies, it would not be recommending any woman to increase her alcohol consumption as a result.

"While low quantities of alcohol may appear to have bone density benefits, higher intakes have been shown to decrease bone strength, with an alcohol intake of more than two units per day actually increasing the risk of breaking a bone.

"There are also many other health concerns linked with alcohol which cannot be ignored."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8201899.stm
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Interesting research.
    'Everything passes. Everything changes. So I should just do what I think I should do'

Well i heard a theory...it goes like this.........

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.:D:D
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Thumbs up

That's a great find Dr saab, now you all can drink beers in moderate quantity. Btw, I like the Jatnis who drink thodi thodi .. I enjoy giving them company!

Cheers ladies for good life and better health ahead.

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.:D:D
    Cool !!:D:D

LAst sentence...fantastic...you must be feeling really smart, right? ..:p:D
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Btw, I like the Jatnis who drink thodi thodi .. I enjoy giving them company!

Ahem ahem... no comments..:D
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    Cool !!:D:D

LAst sentence...fantastic...you must be feeling really smart, right? ..:p:D
    So am I...hehehh:D
    -Mark Twain

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/schhikar/Desktop/funny_590.jpg[/IMG]

Aaahaaa !! ji saa aa gaya

Jit ke te gehre ho gaye! :D

Samaj mein koni aaya, maada sa elaborate kariye bhai. :p

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    Jit ke te gehre ho gaye! :D
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    So am I...hehehh:D
    Yes, i was ...

Beer can also show us the path to heaven, Because when we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we committ no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So let's all get drunk and go to heaven.
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; August 28th, 2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: addition

Lightbulb

Bhai Akshay, You have forgot something to mention here. The name of the inventor of this theory !!

Yes, that's me Jit Takhar .. I even was about to get Nobel prize for this wonderful theory but missed with minor margin.

Have a look: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695

Anyways, Good to see that people actually following my theory. :p

Cheers!

Jit

[QUOTE=cooljat;222364]Bhai Akshay, You have forgot something to mention here. The name of the inventor of this theory !!

Yes, that's me Jit Takhar .. I even was about to get Nobel prize for this wonderful theory but missed with minor margin.

Cheers!

hahaha..........Jit.....i would have voted for you on this. Anyways i have a nice collection of many more theories on beer and drinking but yours was the best one i have seen and following since.......????:rolleyes:....

Keep drinking and keep inventing the new theories!

Cheers

plagiarism

या थेओरी ते किस्से Hans Leemann नै लिख राखी है पहलम हे ...
    http://www.leemann.li/pickedup/smarter.htm
    Last modified: July 18, 2003 by Häns

Bhai Akshay, You have forgot something to mention here. The name of the inventor of this theory !!

Cheers!

Jit
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    या थेओरी ते किस्से hans leemann नै लिख राखी है पहलम हे ...
    last modified: July 18, 2003 by häns

यो काट्या रोग भाई ...... योह पाड दिया पंखा सा..... अभिमन्यु यह लिंक कहाँ से मिला.....

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I hope this गिलहरी is a "jatni" and someone gives her "Company" :-) ......देखो कंपनी के लिए इसने दो कैन ल्या राखी सें ...... हा हा हा हा हा हा

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/schhikar/Desktop/funny_590.jpg[/IMG]

Aaahaaa !! ji saa aa gaya

Smile

hehehe..Take it easy dude, I think if you would go to my 'cool jat theory' link mentioned above then you perhaps won't give in that hard work to find the original author on google. Anyways, that thread was posted in time pass section so relax and have a chilled beer!

Cheers n Chill

Now get back to the very topic, or Dr saab aur koi theory lya dengi ! :eek:

या थेओरी ते किस्से Hans Leemann नै लिख राखी है पहलम हे ...
    Last modified: July 18, 2003 by Häns

Smile Jat Galileo

भाई तू भी इजी लियो.This thread is where you are claiming to be the inventor of Cool Jat theory (चोर कै ठाई ओड़). And this is not TIME PASS thread. This is Health n Fitness. अडे कोई हैल्थ बनान आया करे अर कोई फिटनेस पूरी करण... अडे गालीलेओ (Galileo) बनन की कोई बात ना सै भाई.

अर भाई चिल्लज तू इस फोटू आली गिलहरी हे साथ कर ले, मैं ते पिया ना करू.
    The name of the inventor of this theory !! Yes, that's me Jit Takhar. Have a look: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695

hehehe..Take it easy dude, I think if you would go to my 'cool jat theory' link mentioned above then you perhaps won't give in that hard work to find the original author on google. Anyways, that thread was posted in time pass section so relax and have a chilled beer!

Cheers n Chill

Now get back to the very topic, or Dr saab aur koi theory lya dengi ! :eek:
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Talking

जाट कितनी भी इंग्लिश सीख ले भैंस ने भैंस हे कहवेगा. जिस दिन 'बुफ्फालो' लिख दे अपनी थेओरी में उडे हे बेर पाट जया है के किम्मे झोल सै
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    यो काट्या रोग भाई ...... योह पाड दिया पंखा सा..... अभिमन्यु यह लिंक कहाँ से मिला.....

Smile

Humm, It was originally a reply to Bhai Akshay, but with the help of Google Devta you found out the original inventor. Anyways, Interval over lets get back to the very thread.

Tu na piye to koi na, Raabdi ki maje le .. Dr saab aane hi aali hai .. eib saare chidi chup ! :| :|

Cheers!

भाई तू भी इजी लियो.This thread is where you are claiming to be the inventor of Cool Jat theory (चोर कै ठाई ओड़). And this is not TIME PASS thread. This is Health n Fitness. अडे कोई हैल्थ बनान आया करे अर कोई फिटनेस पूरी करण... अडे गालीलेओ (Galileo) बनन की कोई बात ना सै भाई.

अर भाई चिल्लज तू इस फोटू आली गिलहरी हे साथ कर ले, मैं ते पिया ना करू.
    The name of the inventor of this theory !! Yes, that's me Jit Takhar. Have a look: http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21695