Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: HERE is some of the disease that milk can cause.

Minerals, Vitamins & Enzymes

Vitamins
    Volumes have been written about the two groups of vitamins, water and fat soluble, and their contribution to health. Whole raw milk has them all, and they're completely available for your body to use. Whether regulating your metabolism or helping the biochemical reactions that free energy from the food you eat, they're all present and ready to go to work for you.
    Just to repeat, nothing needs to be added to raw milk, to make it whole or better. No vitamins. No minerals. No enriching. It's a complete food.

Minerals
    Our bodies, each with a biochemistry as unique as our fingerprints, are incredibly complex, so discussions of minerals, or any nutrients for that matter, must deal with ranges rather than specific amounts. Raw milk contains a broad selection of completely available minerals ranging from the familiar calcium and phosphorus on down to trace elements, the function of some, as yet, still rather unclear.

Enzymes
    The 60 plus (known) fully intact and functional enzymes in raw milk have an amazing array of tasks to perform, each one of them essential in facilitating one key reaction or another. Some of them are native to milk, and others come from beneficial bacteria growing in the milk.
    The most significant health benefit derived from food enzymes is the burden they take off our body. When we eat a food that contains enzymes devoted to its own digestion, it's that much less work for our pancreas.
    The amylase, bacterially-produced lactase, lipases and phosphatases in raw milk,
    break down starch, lactose (milk sugar), fat (triglycerides) and phosphate compounds respectively, making milk more digestible and freeing up key minerals. Other enzymes, like catalase, lysozyme and lactoperoxidase help to protect milk from unwanted bacterial infection, making it safer for us to drink.

A sampling of the health benefits of calcium, an important element abundant in raw milk includes: reduction in cancers, particularly of the colon: higher bone mineral density in people of every age, lower risk of osteoporosis and fractures in older adults; lowered risk of kidney stones; formation of strong teeth and reduction of dental cavities, to name a few.
    An interesting feature of minerals as nutrients is the delicate balance they require with other minerals to function properly. For instance, calcium needs a proper ratio of two other macronutrients, phosphorus and magnesium, to be properly utilized by our bodies. Guess what? Nature codes for the entire array of minerals in raw milk (from cows on properly maintained pasture) to be in proper balance to one another thus optimizing their benefit to us.
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Now the references for all this materail above

with so much material on Cow Milk, I am sure somebody or other will come forward to claim that this material is a copy paste stuff..... Yes I agree and here are some links to sites that I visited and also the names of the books from which the text is taken....... And at this place I also thanks my senior - Dr. Surender Singh for letting me use some of the information he collected and also for clearing some doubts.

Books:
    1. Crewe, J., 1929. Raw milk cures many diseases. Certified Milk Magazine, January:3-6.
    2. Fat and Blood, BiblioBazaar, LLC, 2007. Mitchell, S.W., (pp. 119-154) (Available on Google Book Search)
    3. The Miracle of Milk- How to Use the Milk Diet Scientifically at Home, Read Books, 2008. McFadden, B. (Available on Google Book Search)
    4. Mattick, E., Golding, J., 1936. Relative value of raw and heated milk in nutrition. Lancet 2:703-6.
    5. Ammendolla, M., Pietrantoni, A., et al, 2007. Bovine lactoferrin inhibits echovirus endocytic pathway by interactingwith viral structural peptides. Antiviral Res 73:151-160

Websites:
    1. http://www.whale.to/a/fallon1.html
    2. http://editor.nourishedmagazine.com....ny-on-raw-milk
    3. http://www.realmilk.com/milkcure.html
    4. http://www.msstate.edu/org/fsfa/Vol1/2-Pihlanto.htm
    5. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0
    6. http://www.foodsci.uoguelph.ca/dairyedu/chem.html
    7. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...67856/abstract
    8. http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/rp/rppdf/o01-230.pdf
    9. http://www.dairyscience.info/lp-system.htm
    10. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...allergies.html
    11. http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ine&aid=887004

Sir inka total toh 100g se Jada hai.. Can you reconfirm the nutritonal values
    Quote Originally Posted by aryasatyadev View Post
    SO let's make it worthy of health and fitness

Ritu Ji, Hitesh bhai, and Neelam Ji, here are some facts about cow milk that our Manjeet has overlooked........
    I am sorry to Seema Malik for being serious in this thread.......

Nutritional Benefits of Cow Milk ( whole )
    Nutritional Value per 100 g
    Energy - 60 kcal
    Carbohydrates - 5.2 g
    Sugars - 5.2 g
    Lactose -5.2 g
    Saturated fats- 1.9 g
    Monounsaturated fats -0.8 g
    Polyunsaturated fats - 0.2 g
    Protein - 3.2 g
    Water - 88 g
    Vitamin A- 28 g
    Thiamin ( Vit B1 ) - 0.o4 mg
    Riboflavin ( Vir B2 ) - 0.18 mg
    Vitamin B12 - 0.44 g
    Vitamin D- 40 IU
    Calcium - 113 mg
    Magnesium - 10 mg
    Potassium- 143 mg

Milk is natural and inexpensive formula for ensuring a healthy life. Milk is for stronger bones, immunity, healthy heart, energy booster, fighting for cancer and beauty.

Dear I checked with USDA Nutrient database and the values are same as shown by them, but while recheck, it is observed that Carbohyderate i.e. Sugar i.e. Lactose are shown as one entity and all items below water are in %, for clarifying the point further, I am once again putting all the values:
    Cow milk (whole)
    Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
    Energy 60 kcal 250 kJ
    Carbohydrates 5.2 g-
    Sugars 5.2 g -
    Lactose 5.2 g
    Fat 3.25 g-
    saturated 1.9 g-
    monounsaturated 0.8 g
    polyunsaturated 0.2 g
    Protein 3.2 g
    Water 88 g
    Vitamin A equiv. 28 μg 3%
    Thiamine (Vit. B1) 0.04 mg 3%
    Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.18 mg 12%
    Vitamin B12 0.44 μg 18%
    Vitamin D 40 IU 10%
    Calcium 113 mg 11%
    Magnesium 10 mg 3%
    Potassium 143 mg 3%
    Last edited by aryasatyadev; September 11th, 2009 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Correction

Dear I checked with USDA Nutrient database and the values are same as shown by them, but while recheck, it is observed that Carbohyderate i.e. Sugar i.e. Lactose are shown as one entity and all items below water are in %, for clarifying the point further, I am once again putting all the values:
    Cow milk (whole)
    Energy 60 kcal 250 kJ
    Carbohydrates 5.2 g-
    Sugars 5.2 g -
    Lactose 5.2 g
    Fat 3.25 g-
    saturated 1.9 g-
    monounsaturated 0.8 g
    polyunsaturated 0.2 g
    Protein 3.2 g
    Water 88 g
    Vitamin A equiv. 28 μg 3%
    Thiamine (Vit. B1) 0.04 mg 3%
    Riboflavin (Vit. B2) 0.18 mg 12%
    Vitamin B12 0.44 μg 18%
    Vitamin D 40 IU 10%
    Calcium 113 mg 11%
    Magnesium 10 mg 3%
    Potassium 143 mg 3%
    Amrit Kharab bhaisahab ap chemistry ke vidwan hoo.. Kuch parkash dalo is calcualtion pee.. As per Arya sir, He has taken it from some US website.. I think issue may be related to how we interpret this information..
    Arya Sir, If you add everything mentioned in grams, It comes to 112.95
    Energy 60 kcal 250 kJ
    Carbohydrates 5.2 g-
    Sugars 5.2 g -
    Lactose 5.2 g
    Fat 3.25 g-
    saturated 1.9 g-
    monounsaturated 0.8 g
    polyunsaturated 0.2 g
    Protein 3.2 g
    Water 88 g

I think three values are give with '-' sign, If I subtract them then we get 100.65. I think we are very close. However, Question is that why they have mentioned some values with '-' sign.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Amrit Kharab bhaisahab ap chemistry ke vidwan hoo.. Kuch parkash dalo is calcualtion pee.. As per Arya sir, He has taken it from some US website.. I think issue may be related to how we interpret this information..
    Arya Sir, If you add everything mentioned in grams, It comes to 112.95
    Energy 60 kcal 250 kJ
    Carbohydrates 5.2 g-
    Sugars 5.2 g -
    Lactose 5.2 g
    Fat 3.25 g-
    saturated 1.9 g-
    monounsaturated 0.8 g
    polyunsaturated 0.2 g
    Protein 3.2 g
    Water 88 g

I think three values are give with '-' sign, If I subtract them then we get 100.65. I think we are very close. However, Question is that why they have mentioned some values with '-' sign.
    Yudhvir bhai add up all the values in RED and it comes out to be 99.65 per 100 gms......... that is quite accurate
    and there is no such thing as '-' sign with some, it happened due to breaking the continuous form of data in different lines

Yudhvir bhai add up all the values in RED and it comes out to be 99.65 per 100 gms......... that is quite accurate
    and there is no such thing as '-' sign with some, it happened due to breaking the continuous form of data in different lines
    Great.. so its time to drink cow's milk.. On Serious note.. Cow's milk is much better option than eating beef..

Great.. so its time to drink cow's milk.. On Serious note.. Cow's milk is much better option than eating beef..
    Is there a comparison among the two.......?????

Is there a comparison among the two.......?????
    I am sure Rocky's DOC must be eating beef... Beef and milk both comes from COW..
    As per his DOC's logic Milk is not good but I assume he (DOC) must be eating beef at home.

So, as per my understanding, Cow's milk can't be more harmful than Cow's meat.. It means that Rocky's DOC is an idiot.

I am sure Rocky's DOC must be eating beef... Beef and milk both comes from COW..
    As per his DOC's logic Milk is not good but I assume he (DOC) must be eating beef at home.

So, as per my understanding, Cow's milk can't be more harmful than Cow's meat.. It means that Rocky's DOC is an idiot.
    It may be the other way round, the doctor might be the smartest guy:
    See by this example:

First-year students at Vet school were receiving their first anatomy class, with a real dead cow.

They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet. The professor started the class by telling them, 'In Veterinary Medicine it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor: The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the animal body.' For an example, the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the mouth of the dead cow, withdrew it and stuck his finger in his mouth.

'Go ahead and do the same thing,' he told his students. The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the muth of the dead cow and sucking on it.

When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and said, 'The second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger and sucked on my index finger.' 'Now learn to pay attention. Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.' :D:D

It may be the other way round, the doctor might be the smartest guy:
    See by this example:

First-year students at Vet school were receiving their first anatomy class, with a real dead cow.

They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet. The professor started the class by telling them, 'In Veterinary Medicine it is necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor: The first is that you not be disgusted by anything involving the animal body.' For an example, the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in the mouth of the dead cow, withdrew it and stuck his finger in his mouth.

'Go ahead and do the same thing,' he told his students. The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns sticking a finger in the muth of the dead cow and sucking on it.

When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and said, 'The second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger and sucked on my index finger.' 'Now learn to pay attention. Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.' :D:D
    I liked this storey... Rocky bhai dekhiye tera Doctor kade Gaan rakh raha hoo ar roj dudh/dahi ke suwad leta hooo

beef te ye sare gore lete hai bhai
    roz ka kaam sa inka beef lene ka tho

per ye milk nhi lete kabi :rock

SO let's make it worthy of health and fitness

Ritu Ji, Hitesh bhai, and Neelam Ji, here are some facts about cow milk that our Manjeet has overlooked........
    I am sorry to Seema Malik for being serious in this thread.......

Nutritional Benefits of Cow Milk ( whole )
    Nutritional Value per 100 g
    Energy - 60 kcal
    Carbohydrates - 5.2 g
    Sugars - 5.2 g
    Lactose -5.2 g
    Saturated fats- 1.9 g
    Monounsaturated fats -0.8 g
    Polyunsaturated fats - 0.2 g
    Protein - 3.2 g
    Water - 88 g
    Vitamin A- 28 g
    Thiamin ( Vit B1 ) - 0.o4 mg
    Riboflavin ( Vir B2 ) - 0.18 mg
    Vitamin B12 - 0.44 g
    Vitamin D- 40 IU
    Calcium - 113 mg
    Magnesium - 10 mg
    Potassium- 143 mg

Milk is natural and inexpensive formula for ensuring a healthy life. Milk is for stronger bones, immunity, healthy heart, energy booster, fighting for cancer and beauty.

hmmm.......u r right sir, he overlooked the positive things as a fear of disease n doctors resides in his mind, body n soul :D

bera nahi perth ki kis kuun mai rah sai , seems to be pretty different from rest of the perth. beef to sari duniya me khate hai

ar doodh hade khoob pe sai log

Quote Originally Posted by rocky0036 View Post
    beef te ye sare gore lete hai bhai
    roz ka kaam sa inka beef lene ka tho

per ye milk nhi lete kabi :rock
    My way or my way ?

Lightbulb

vase mere ghar me cow & buffalo dono hai ( in India - just clarification for those who [mere jaise bhai :D ] always look opportunity to comment )

childhood se cow ka milk piya hai .. lekin koi bhi bimari , jo yaha mentioned hai, nahi hui .... ( any reason rocky bhai )

may be b/c ( just talking about those cows & buffaloes which r in m house :p )
    - cows r staying with buffaloes & now they r good friends :rock
    - cows ate "झुडन" of buffaloes & now they have some buffaloes "bacteria" that convert their milk to buffaloes milk somehow :rock

- or it's just that I have too strong immune system :p

rocky ji ... can u plz ask your "DOC" ?
    I'm sometimes too frank for polite correspondence. This sometimes irks people, so I apologize in advance -- my intentions are always to be clear, not curt.

Why , How , Where - It's in my nature.

पढ़्ये-ओड़ तैं कढ़्या-ओड़ स्याणा हो सै

भांग रगड़ क पिया करूँ , मैं कुण्डी सोट्टे आला सुं !!

Quote Originally Posted by lalit_nashier View Post
    vase mere ghar me cow & buffalo dono hai ( in India - just clarification for those who [mere jaise bhai :D] always look opportunity to comment )

childhood se cow ka milk piya hai .. lekin koi bhi bimari , jo yaha mentioned hai, nahi hui .... ( any reason rocky bhai )

may be b/c ( just talking about those cows & buffaloes which r in m house :p )
    - cows r staying with buffaloes & now they r good friends :rock
    - cows ate "झूठन" of buffaloes & now they have some buffaloes "bacteria" that convert their milk to buffaloes milk somehow :rock

- or it's just that I have too strong immune system :p

rocky ji ... can u plz ask your "DOC" ?
    Plz don't delete above one

Cow milk is not un healthy in any way. It is the best.
    Last edited by lalit_nashier; September 12th, 2009 at 11:36 AM.
    I'm sometimes too frank for polite correspondence. This sometimes irks people, so I apologize in advance -- my intentions are always to be clear, not curt.

Why , How , Where - It's in my nature.

पढ़्ये-ओड़ तैं कढ़्या-ओड़ स्याणा हो सै

भांग रगड़ क पिया करूँ , मैं कुण्डी सोट्टे आला सुं !!

You are wrong Mr Rocky, Milk is very good for health. Ask the importance of milk to you parents and elder people in your village, they will tell you better.

The doctor who told you all this must be a Vegan follower. Vegan diet is in now days, but it is not beneficial.

A Jat can not be Vegan, simple. You tell me can a Jat live without Ghee, Dahi and Doodh? :rolleyes:
    'Everything passes. Everything changes. So I should just do what I think I should do'

Quote Originally Posted by kiran.takhar View Post
    You are wrong Mr Rocky, Milk is very good for health. Ask the importance of milk to you parents and elder people in your village, they will tell you better.

The doctor who told you all this must be a Vegan follower. Vegan diet is in now days, but it is not beneficial.

A Jat can not be Vegan, simple. You tell me can a Jat live without Ghee, Dahi and Doodh? :rolleyes:
    main bhi milk pita hu
    its very useful for health. per jo milk nhi pite unki health aapne se bhi acchi hoti hai
    mostly sab bolte hai
    ki 10 saal ki umar tak milk useful hai baad main iska use coffee ya tea main karo bas