Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Digi Cam ?

Question Digi Cam ?

Planning to make use of the festival season discounts..

Can someone please suggest me a good digi cam with 10-15 Megapxl and may be around 8-10 x zoom.

Budget can go upto 15 K (that is what I've seen in the advts for Kodak/ Sony / Nikon etc)

No professional use desired, baalkan ke photu khinchne hain....:D
    RamRam,
    Capt Pawan Kalkal
    "Quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again"

Sony H20

Recently I bought Sony H20 (i - auto intelligent) and found it really worth for Pound 200/-.

Also, one should go for Optical Zoom rather than Digital Zoom. Sony H20 has 10x Optical Zoom and 10MP Digital which is more than enough for homely use.

You can explore below links as well -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?...tal+camera+H20

http://www.photographypress.co.uk/ga...272c21384c.jpg

Cheers!!
    Good health is heaven.

Kalkal saab, Take Jakhar's advice and aankh mund ke Sony le lo !

Name speaks itself .. Its a Sony.

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

yes, above two people are absolutely right...go for Sony only

If they are selling JVC in India then buy that. Prices are pretty much at par with Sony and quality is much better compared to Sony. My friend who has dealership of both here told me he recieves far more quality complaints for Sony compared to JVC.

I strongly disagree. I've experienced Sony, Canon n JVC handycams n' Digicams but nothing comes close to Sony in quality.

I'll go for Sony, no second thought!

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepkadian05 View Post
    If they are selling JVC in India then buy that. Prices are pretty much at par with Sony and quality is much better compared to Sony. My friend who has dealership of both here told me he recieves far more quality complaints for Sony compared to JVC.
    Last edited by cooljat; September 26th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

I recently had to buy OLYMPUS when a SONY dealer suggested me to go for it as picture quality is better than sony n gives hell lotta features as compared with Cybershot. Its 10 Megapixels n 20x Optical Zoom comes for 20K
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    I strongly disagree. I've experienced Sony, Canon n JVC handycams but nothing comes close to Sony in quality.

I'll go for Sony, no second thought!
    Just telling what he told me, considering the fact his company sells around 500 digicams per month, I thought he may know something about it.

I use Canon IXUS 7.5. Silver color, sleek model, very stylish. It costs under A$300. It rocks :D
    Sony's price is unreasonably high and you will definitely get better than Sony in same price range
    Last edited by VPannu; September 26th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Right now I own a Sony cybershot DSC-W150, 5X optical zoom, 8.2 Mega Pixel and I bought it in 10K only. I'm more than satisfied with its results.

It doesn't matter how much he sells, 500 or 1000, may be JVC is cheaper. But seriously if you want a good easy to use digicam with mindblowing results, there is no match for Sony Cybershot.
    In case you're looking for SLRs than NIKON D series are best ones.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepkadian05 View Post
    Just telling what he told me, considering the fact his company sells around 500 digicams per month, I thought he may know something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by captkalkal View Post

Can someone please suggest me a good digi cam with 10-15 Megapxl and may be around 8-10 x zoom.

Budget can go upto 15 K (that is what I've seen in the advts for Kodak/ Sony / Nikon etc)

i also planning buy a DC, bt my budget 8000.... pls also suggest me....
    Thanks & Regards,

Anil Jakhar
    jakhar.anilk@gmail.com
    +91 93143 91300
    Birodi badi \ Nawal garh, Fatehpur Shekhawati, Rajasthan, India

Quote Originally Posted by jakharanil View Post
    i also planning buy a DC, bt my budget 8000.... pls also suggest me....
    bhai bullet le li dikhe, ibb digi cam lega, fer bullet b baith ke fotu kichenga digi cam te, aur fer apne profile m lawega, katii rog katen lagragrya hai bhai, :rock:rock
    per bhai 8k m badhiya na mile, budget badha thoda sa

Thanks

Thanks for all your suggestions JL Buddies, it will definitely help a novice like me.....

Tech mein to apne haath kate hue hain. Haan kisi bhai ko koi bandook etc kharidni ho to I can definitely be of help,:p:p kitni range ki leni chahiye, rifle ya pistol etc etc :rock:rock

Upto Mods to close the thread or leave it open, it might help others take a shot ( I mean by cam.....
    RamRam,
    Capt Pawan Kalkal
    "Quartered in snow, silent to remain. When the bugle calls, they shall rise and march again"

Quote Originally Posted by captkalkal View Post

Kalkal sir, there is no need to buy digi cam with 10-15 Megapixels; any camera with 6-8 mega pixels will be more than enough for normal 'balaka ke photos'. Only if you want to print some big poster size photographs, 15 MP camera is useful. For the purpose u mentioned, it will be total waste of money.
    Regarding zoom: i hope u are talking about 'optical zoom'. 'Digital zoom' is useless..

Canon has very good 'point and shoot' cameras. my suggestion would be any of these models:

Canon SX 100IS: 8 MP, 10X optical zoom; (if still available in market) (price was arnd 14000 Rs. with all normal accessories one year back
    or Canon SX 110IS: 9MP, 10X optical zoom;
    or their newest cousin: Canon SX 120IS: 10MP, 10X optical zoom; (price is around 14500 Rs.)

In gray market (without bill), u can buy these 2000 lesser.

You may visit the following website for a proper review of the camera u r planning to buy

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/

Sunil Bhai.. jara handicam ke baare main bhi kuch information do..

Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Kalkal sir, there is no need to buy digi cam with 10-15 Megapixels; any camera with 6-8 mega pixels will be more than enough for normal 'balaka ke photos'. Only if you want to print some big poster size photographs, 15 MP camera is useful. For the purpose u mentioned, it will be total waste of money.
    Regarding zoom: i hope u are talking about 'optical zoom'. 'Digital zoom' is useless..

Canon has very good 'point and shoot' cameras. my suggestion would be any of these models:

Canon SX 100IS: 8 MP, 10X optical zoom; (if still available in market) (price was arnd 14000 Rs. with all normal accessories one year back
    or Canon SX 110IS: 9MP, 10X optical zoom;
    or their newest cousin: Canon SX 120IS: 10MP, 10X optical zoom; (price is around 14500 Rs.)

In gray market (without bill), u can buy these 2000 lesser.

You may visit the following website for a proper review of the camera u r planning to buy

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

Hi,

Please provide some info about handicams too..
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

In 2009, lot of models were introduced with HD movie mode (720P)..go for that..its worth every penny and in most cases would replace the need of a handycam as the video quality is great..as per my experience, Canon and Sony are best in point-and-shoot cameras..currently am using Sony cybershot W-290 which has HD movie mode. It selling for ~$200 on amazon so if its avl in India, it shouldn't be more than Rs. 15k

Similarly most of the cameras now have Intelligent-auto feature which automatically detects the correct picture mode to select-good feature for novice shooters.

Check for following features :
    Definite Features
    HD Movie Mode - 720p
    Intelligent auto mode
    4-5x Optical zoom (thats more than enough for casual shooting)
    4 or 8gb SD/Memory Stick card

Nice to Have
    Zoom while shooting video
    Panoramic mode (for 360 degree clicks)

Rest explore different models available on sites mentioned by other members to get a look n feel of different cameras..Good luck with your search
    What if God was one of us...?

Bought One !!

Hi Friends,

Thanks once again for all your suggestions.....

I've bought a Kodak one with 10 MegaPix and 10 X Optical Zoom, for these features I could not find anything else in the same range (Bought it for 11 K ) :rock

It has dual image stabaliser, ( something which my 6 yrs old daughter would require ) and something known as a picture collage feature etc, which clicks three pics in a row and then stiches them, lot of other features also with two years of warranty.

Only shortcoming is that this one operates on pencil batteries and not on Lithium one. But then with an extra pair of batteries this can be covered..

Along with this I got free ::rock:rock

4 GB card
    A tripod
    and a Battery Charger with two rechargeable batteries

Ib bhai koye iski burai mat karna plse, 11 K phoonk diye hain......:p:p
    RamRam,
    Capt Pawan Kalkal

technically speaking go for Canon as they specialize in optical's & make their own optics.

my take Sanyo - 8.1 Mega pixels, 3 Year manufacturer warranty, MRP 9999 available for Rs. 5000 in gaffar, as it is a liquidation stock, if you can bargain price can go much below as well.

I have read some posts about 10-15-20 Megapixels above but do we actually need all this is the question, as normally we do not click above 5 mpix as the file size becomes too large and then we resize the images for distribution and also the printers & labs we have give us a fairly good quality printouts at 5 mpix.

if you still insist on branding especially Sony then -

discount upto 10% (thats the Dealer Margin)
    W 210 - 11,990 - 12 Mpix
    W 220 - 12,990 - 12 Mpix
    T 900 (touch) 22,990 - 12 Mpix

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    yesterday after reading this thread i also bought Sony digicam DSC - H20.
    Stunned to see the picture quality with 10Mpixel and 10x optical zoom.
    everything is good except price- Rs 17999/- with Rs 890/- carry beg.
    4GB card is free as deewali discount.

If anybody can afford in this range, quality is worthful.