View Poll Results: Should Interviews for Jobs be abolished ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

6 21.43%
  • NO

21 75.00%
  • CAN'T SAY

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should Interviews for Jobs be abolished ?

Indian Oil (IOCL) will recruit on GATE score !!

Indian Oil (IOCL) will recruit ENGINEERS on the basis of
    GATE score.

A scientifically designed and well conducted examination procedure.

Now no TEAM LEAD can get his brothers/sisters or relatives IN !

* Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India

Should Interviews for jobs be abolished

I have gone through most of the views expressed on this site. Many participants have stated that interviews should be abolished for jobs but the poll reflects the opposite. I am of the view that either the interview should be totally abolished or its weightage should be very limited in the selection process. For example for selection in the Civil Services Examination UPSC has considerably reduced the weightage of interview. One of the participant has stated that the personality of a person can be found out in a brief interview and written test may not bring out the actual individuality of the person. Though it may be correct in some cases yet in most of the cases the candidate is required to perform jobs in which written expression power is of prime important. In such cases interviews can straightaway be done away with. Interview may be necessary to test the oral communication skill or way to present oneself where public dealing etc. is the job requirement. Mostly it has been observed that in interview favoritism is the order of the day. So in most of the selection processes it will be better if the interviews are abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by HPMalikDaboda View Post
    I have gone through most of the views expressed on this site. Many participants have stated that interviews should be abolished for jobs but the poll reflects the opposite. I am of the view that either the interview should be totally abolished or its weightage should be very limited in the selection process. For example for selection in the Civil Services Examination UPSC has considerably reduced the weightage of interview. One of the participant has stated that the personality of a person can be found out in a brief interview and written test may not bring out the actual individuality of the person. Though it may be correct in some cases yet in most of the cases the candidate is required to perform jobs in which written expression power is of prime important. In such cases interviews can straightaway be done away with. Interview may be necessary to test the oral communication skill or way to present oneself where public dealing etc. is the job requirement. Mostly it has been observed that in interview favoritism is the order of the day. So in most of the selection processes it will be better if the interviews are abolished.

Sir I can't believe they are reducing the weightage of interview for civil services.... Interview is not just about judging one's skills, skills can be acquired over a period of time but interviews give a chance to judge the character of a person, something which can't be acquired. Just my thoughts..

Written test can bring out level of many qualities of an individual such as knowledge, expression, theoritical intelligence, language, etc, but there are many other personalty trates which can be fond out batter through personal interaction. I personally feel, the pattern of SSB (defence), suitably modified as per job, must be introduced for all grade/class one jobs. Chances of cheating/ corruption are equally available in both, if some body wants to do it. Infact, an interview gives opportunity to correct the mistake/cheating in the written test.
    Last edited by Fateh; November 4th, 2009 at 05:22 AM.

Voice Human Interference in Jobs allocation!

Quote Originally Posted by Fateh View Post
    Written test can bring out level of many qualities of an individual such as knowledge, expression, theoritical intelligence, language, etc, but there are many other personalty trates which can be fond out batter through personal interaction. I personally feel, the pattern of SSB (defence), suitably modified as per job, must be introduced for all grade/class one jobs. Chances of cheating/ corruption are equally available in both, if some body wants to do it. Infact, an interview gives opportunity to correct the mistake/cheating in the written test.
    An Old Thinking!

How many IIT guys can clear SSB ?
    They are more respected than your new generation officers.

& why people are not recommending so called Human Interference in admission to Numero-Uno Institutes.
    Don't you want to check Other traits via Interviews in such fellows...............or such things are just a SHOWCASE

Higher knowledgeable guys like Administrators of firms like INDIAN OIL have choosen what I'm saying.

Interviews are also good but only if they are carried out impartially. Same is the case with written tests.

PMT rohtak test - This time exam controller was one of members of this site. He did his ultimate efforts and was able to capture around 20 fake candidates who were in the merit list by putting finger prints in the procedure. Money involved was very heavy and the person of mafia were relatives of mantri's. A person from Rohtak must be knowing about them. Now first thing is courts in india are proved to be saviours for such mafia. They gone to court indirectly to get this cancelled. Fortunatly it saved because of the finger prints records available. Height is done by these politicians when the come to save their own people even if they are culprits. Now I came to know that one of the fraud candidates has got admission in some other MBBS.

So in nutshell earlier regimes dont even bother to put some check and you can imagine how many fakes were getting admissions there. This regime allowed one impartial person to hold the decisive seat but later on preserved their own some way or the other. Though a bit improvement in number of fakes getting admission but will any other guy try to be honest next time holding such important seat?

Written exams - Earlier there was very much popular procedure in Haryana and that was of leaving your paper blank. And your matri ji or CM saab will take care of your selection.

This time for common people CM and others said that please get the written cleared and then come to us, we will help out. Some say that even now the written are cleared but only for matri's close relatives and not all. So a bit of change for common people. Still bihari's were hired to do impersonation. And many of them succeeded.

HCS ka written exam hoya tha pachli sarkar mein er uspe case chal rahya hai. Sher singh badshami joki ab chune bhi gae hein vidhayak. Unke ladke ka case hai joki selected they ...

a) He has written on the crossed seats at the back.
    b) Few pages are left crossed in between.
    c) One map is said to be misplaced though it is said that no maps were given.

What a pitty and nothing will happen to such people. They will decide the fate of many and all of us will go to such people later on to get our FIR registered by commiting suicides as they will not listen to anyone.

Other Approach - One more approach that I came across lost govt. was putting majority of marks on the basis of matric, 10+2, Bsc and Btech etc. This seems to be a bit more transparent. Still 25 marks were there for interview. I know one RTI results where the top ranker was given 11 marks in interview and others were having 19-20 just to make them to appear in the list.

Interview questions asked -

Kit ka rahen aala hai?
    Ji rohtak ka
    Kit rahya kare rohtak mein?
    Ji model town
    Kukar aya tha?
    Ji bus mein
    Tem ho rahya hai aakhiri bus ka likad le ...
    Thanks you sir.

Our own Jat samaj - I have written this in some other thread too about jat societies in haryana. We all know how selection even for the UGC?AICTE aided posts are done there. They make a panel of jat lecturers of their own group. Pardhan JI will sit in one corner keeping an eye and humiliating the candidates. The lecturers who themselves were selected by same means and who are nowhere near to education and quality will judge the candidates by asking funny questions like - ke karega ya naukri karke?

Ultimatly Pardhan Ji will choose the candidate looking at the back of the guy. and spoiling the coming generations of students in these institutions.

As pointed by Mukesh Written test should also be there as well the interview but fair and clean.

1) There must be video recording of interviews.
    2) There must be very less weightage of interview marks in selections.
    3) There must be minimum marks that must be given in interviews.

also
    4) Written tests must be with such a pattern to avoid impersonation like finger prints inclusion at different levels.

One member has rightly said that system mein jab tak nahi ghusenge tab tak ye Koda aise hi desh ko bechte rahenge aur apne SP aise hi bante rahenege jinse FIR durj karvane ke liye bhi suicide karna padega.

Another case of Human Interference

Marks in boards like CBSE of Practical exams have been raised.

Master who use to earn 2000-3000 rupees per month is now making 600 rupees per student per practical as stated by so many guys from Bihar on a site for registering complaints to Minister, HRD , Govt of India

---

If you can't conduct a fair Written Test , then no need to run this country.

---

Koda of Jharkhand is in news just at the time of Elections in Jharkhand , a policy to suppress him as he denied , not to give , his consent for a Congress Govt in state...where Congress led group was fall in short of majority just by 2 MLa's.

I feel, we shouldnot do away either of the two. Both are equally essential. We are discussing written test & interview, not the corruption. infact to reduce the chances of corruption, we are required to improve the both.I hope, people who are commenting know that SSB IS THE BEST SYSTEM in the world so far, ofcourse, certain changes as per the time, situation& job requirement, has to be introduced. IIT or any such word neither has any bearing here nor I am new to such words to get impressed. I have personal experience of carrying out many selections & I feel both are required for batter selection. we should consider when every system is above bord, fare, transparent & corruptionless. Mr JS Hooda brought out many good points which support the point that no need to abolish any one system but improve the conduct/execution. Performance in school, college & university etc must be given due weightage. Brother, thinking is thinking, let it be old. I can assure you, it is my own thinking, it is original, it is real, it is Indian, it is Jat thinking, it cannot be changed by new, negative, baseless, weak & poor thinking.
    Last edited by Fateh; November 4th, 2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: remembered new point

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Basically corruption in Haryana system is because of our caste. As one or two family got the choudhrahat & they twisted the system like anything.In the book of public administration one or two incidents are mentioned for this.Because of the captive & inefficient beaurocracy in haryana, Haryana is failing, Educationally,psychologically, crime is increasing day by day.

First we have to change the basic leadership thinking of Haryana. As in this forum I always read that Choutala & Bhajanlal can do anything in Haryana. They will pull down the government at the blink of eye & like that.It was their luck that they ruled as Haryana is a illeterate state(Please donot go with the literacy percentage),Psychologically illeterate.

If you think & want to be no 1 then your leadership should have some vibrant elements, not a caste element.
    Why we are not trying to compete with other caste with our psychological,intellectual strength?
    Why we are dependent on mobocracy(Numerical strength)?We should have the ability to compete out others ?

I will give you one example.In 2005 elections Bhajan Lal distributed all the 90 tickets & 90 % among the winning legislatures were BhajanLal supportters. Sonia finished him in one stroke.He kept on crying that he will pull down the Govt in three months & later on in three years.

I request my dear brothers ,please start thinking analytically.

If we want to lead, we have to be reasonabally strong in thoughts, nerves, Psychology & all the modern human traits/qualities which are required in 21 century.

A bad political system can make & break a country or state.

Please use the RTI extensively to weed out the corruption element.Hope that we will win atlast.
    Last edited by kalerasatish; November 7th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Centralized Recruitment Exam for Graduates

Centralized Recruitment Exam for Graduates

So that all those firms who cannot conduct All-India test
    can rely on it.

We have had Employment Exchanges , but not of prominence in present day Online ERA.

DATABASE of such exam-takers can be used by any FIRM ,by charging certain fees .

Thus Govt can gain monetarily too , if wishes so.

Pen Vs Pencil or is it time saving?

OMR Sheets can read BLACK BALL POINT PEN , so why pencils are used?

One has to sharp them in exam time , moreover arithmetic questions require long solutions so one has to change from pen to pencil every time.

IGNOU is using OMR sheets with BLACK PEN instead of baby pencils.

Yes - In govt sector

But in Pvt sector as it is transparent and a way to judge the suitability of person for the job we should continue
    क्रांति तभी सफल होती है जब बहुमत को उसकी आवश्यकता हो - आचार्य चाणक्य

Brothers, my old jat thinking says that even in pvt sector, interviews are very essential. Take example of a receptionist, a teacher, a trainer etc can they be selected seeing their resume only, certainly not. As I submitted earlier, method of interiew be improved, instead of asking irrelevent questions, we should include job oriented practical actities plus personalty test.