Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: are cricketers the only sportsmen in india?

are cricketers the only sportsmen in india?

it is indeed shameful ,a legendary of the stature of PT USHA one of indias greatest athletes,was denied proper accommodation and transportation at the national open athletics meet at Bhopal.Nobody in india will appreciate the sports officials,if they can not respect an athlete like Usha.this type of incident are happening every day in india but these officials are unsudherable.the indian hockey players were also said to have been insulted and treated similarly on many occasions.In India only cricketers are worshiped and all other sports personnel are given a raw deal.If it were some cricketers in place of PT Usha,they would have arranged the five star facilities.the sports minister himself would have been present at the spot along with his whole khaandaan.it is time we give serious thought to these issues and throw awey these inefficient and undeserving officials out of sports ministry.
    EK KRAANTI KI AAWESAYKTAA HEY.
    Last edited by ravinderjeet; October 15th, 2009 at 03:26 PM.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    it is indeed shameful ,a legendary of the stature of PT USHA one of indias greatest athletes,was denied proper accommodation and transportation at the national open athletics meet at Bhopal.Nobody in india will appreciate the sports officials,if they can not respect an athlete like Usha.this type of incident are happening every day in india but these officials are unsudherable.the indian hockey players were also said to have been insulted and treated similarly on many occasions.In India only cricketers are worshiped and all other sports personnel are given a raw deal.If it were some cricketers in place of PT Usha,they would have arranged the five star facilities.the sports minister himself would have been present at the spot along with his whole khaandaan.it is time we give serious thought to these issues and throw awey these inefficient and undeserving officials out of sports ministry.
    I saw that on news that was really bad. Even i can remember Gill was asking who are u to our great Gopichand. These politicains are worthless and waste in every field.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Angry O brother, Indeed a sad news...

...But I wonder why we go dragging another great sport like cricket in the midst of all this controversy, all over again without any rhyme or reason!!?!!....
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    ...But I wonder why we go dragging another great sport like cricket in the midst of all this controversy, all over again without any rhyme or reason!!?!!....
    Correct atleast we should not balme the game of Cricket for all this non sense.
    Plant one tree atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    Correct atleast we should not balme the game of Cricket for all this non sense.
    why not cricket? it happend with me.i was a mrathoner and use to participat in national lavel events earning name and fame for my department ,when i was in service.the dipartment denied half days sports leave for other sports and gave full day off for intire year to circkters for practis and they naver win in local tournaments.whenever they go to play a match the entire deparment(20,000) got off just to cheears them.
    morover you must know that circket is not a sport now.it is a game of sattaa,thats why all powerful people are attached with this to earn black money.and that black money is being used to finance the terorisem worldwide.even if you are watching the game on tv you are financing the same by increasing the trp.
    Mr.SHAILENDRA GO DEEP AND YOU WILL COME TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SO CALLED -GREAT SPORT
    if we spend this money on other sports ,we can produce atleast 20 world chempions.
    Last edited by ravinderjeet; October 16th, 2009 at 01:32 PM.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |

Correct me if I am wrong but cricketers were not using the transportation and accomodation in Bhopal. You should voice your concern about a top athlete being treated this way but why does everyone want to blame everything that's wrong about other sports on cricket????

why not cricket? it happend with me.i was a mrathoner and use to participat in national lavel events earning name and fame for my department ,when i was in service.the dipartment denied half days sports leave for other sports and gave full day off for intire year to circkters for practis and they naver win in local tournaments.whenever they go to play a match the entire deparment(20,000) got off just to cheears them.
    morover you must know that circket is not a sport now.it is a game of sattaa,thats why all powerful people are attached with this to earn black money.and that black money is being used to finance the terorisem worldwide.even if you are watching the game on tv you are financing the same by increasing the trp.
    Mr.SHAILENDRA GO DEEP AND YOU WILL COME TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SO CALLED -GREAT SPORT
    if we spend this money on other sports ,we can produce atleast 20 world chempions.
    So is it a fault of Cricket or ur Department?
    You want to say that this all happened to u and other players is because of Cricket correct?
    Plant one tree atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    So is it a fault of Cricket or ur Department?
    You want to say that this all happened to u and other players is because of Cricket correct?
    yes,becous of "goolaami ki maansiktaa"
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Is it a great sport..thats why few countries have been playing this game over the years...A test game can go for 5 days with a DRAW result...Jeeezzzz....I have spent my 5 days to see a draw test...:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Is it a great sport..thats why few countries have been playing this game over the years...A test game can go for 5 days with a DRAW result...Jeeezzzz....I have spent my 5 days to see a draw test...:eek:

Nobody was holding a gun to your head making you watch it or was that the case??

You don't like something, don't watch it. Just don't blame cricket for the poor handling of other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepkadian05 View Post
    Nobody was holding a gun to your head making you watch it or was that the case??

You don't like something, don't watch it. Just don't blame cricket for the poor handling of other sports.
    Well i have not discussed any other sports here...My only concern was that in any sports you always see a game for some results...If you are spending full fledge five days then you would expect a result as well...Thats my perception....At least ICC has done some good work by bringing up 20 20 game.. ironically thats not a REAL CRICKET..REAL CRICKET is what called TEST CRICKET..

sandeep what is your opinion about black money,terorisem and players getting slected by paying 30-40 lakh rupees(current rate)
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |

You got anything to support your claims of 30-40 lakhs being paid for selection.I don't comment on rumours.

sandeep what is your opinion about black money,terorisem and players getting slected by paying 30-40 lakh rupees(current rate)

You got anything to support your claims of 30-40 lakhs being paid for selection.I don't comment on rumours.
    ye kaval rumours nahi hein.billi ke aankh band karaney se duniyaa mein andheraa nahi hotaa.claims ke support mein proof hongey to bhi koi kuchh nahi ker saktaa.jeb bharat mein khuli aankhyaan aaley aandhey haandan laagrey hon.i do'nt have might,so i can't do anything.paachhli baataan ne bhool gey, tv pe seb kuchh dikhaa diyaa thaa.
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |

ye kaval rumours nahi hein.billi ke aankh band karaney se duniyaa mein andheraa nahi hotaa.claims ke support mein proof hongey to bhi koi kuchh nahi ker saktaa.jeb bharat mein khuli aankhyaan aaley aandhey haandan laagrey hon.i do'nt have might,so i can't do anything.paachhli baataan ne bhool gey, tv pe seb kuchh dikhaa diyaa thaa.

So you don't have anything to backup your comments. Thought so.

Who made cricket so popular: Government???
    If PT Usha comes to inaugrate a shopping mall near ur place or if Sachin Tendulkar comes for such job, which one will you prefer to see??? Dont give any ans here... just ask yourself.
    Public made that sport so popular so obviously its player will also be treated as popular and stars.

Yes, they are the only sportsmen in India. And they will remain so in near future. Why?.....because....

1. Media involvement in Cricket.
    2. Money involvement in cricket.
    3. No or very less Idol in other games.
    4. Govt. not promoting other games like cricket.
    5. Cricket is a team game but still in any game, one super performance from a player can change that game.
    6. We grown up watching cricket.(Again "media" is responsible for this for not broadcasting other sports).
    Last edited by akshaymalik84; October 21st, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Media ke sath sath bhai khiladi bhi hone chaiye interest create karne ke liye.
    83 me world cup jeeta tha us time ke baad popular hua cricket jyada India me. Performance di bhai unhone isliye ye khel popular ho gya. 80 tak bhai hockey ke bhi aise hi dewane tha log jab tak team olympic gold medal jeet rahi thi. baad me thus ho gayi hockey.

90's me to akele apne dum par Tendulkar ne popular kar diya cricket hmare desh me. Bhai Media bhi wahi jata hai jaha use apna munafa dikhe. Log Tendulkar ke aaj bhi deewane hai, 20 sal ho gaye khelte usko. Koi tod nahi us batsman ka.
    Baki khelo ne kabhi koi itna bda khiladi diya hi nahi 90's me jab media ka prabhav badh rha tha desh me. Akele Media ka kasur nahi hai bhai.. Sath me wo selectors bhi kasurvar hai jo ache khiladiyo k ibajaye sifarshiyo ko lete hai team me. Talent bahar baitha rah gya er sifarshi team me aa ge. Result to shunay rahna e tha. Isliye media katra gya or khelo se.

Logo ka interest ab boxng me dekh lo kitna ho gya hai. Sab Akhil or vijender ki vjah se hai. Champion hoga kisi khel me tabhi to wo popular khel hoga bhai. Kaun sponsor karega bhai us team ko jo Olympic ke liye quallify hi na kar paye??

Cricket ki isme koi galti nahi hai. Log cricket ko 83 ke world cup ke baad jyada follow karne lage the. Jab player result denge to media apne aap peeche aa jyega. Media aayega to paisa bhi ayega. Khiladiyo ko mehnat karni padegi khel ko upar uthane ke liye. Cricket ko blame karna thik nahi dusre khelo ki durdasha ke liye.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Yes, they are the only sportsmen in India. And they will remain so in near future. Why?.....because....

1. Media involvement in Cricket.
    2. Money involvement in cricket.
    3. No or very less Idol in other games.
    4. Govt. not promoting other games like cricket.
    5. Cricket is a team game but still in any game, one super performance from a player can change that game.
    6. We grown up watching cricket.(Again "media" is responsible for this for not broadcasting other sports).

Money Involvement in cricket is the only reason responsible for today's scenario. All other points are results of money involvement only.
    All that we are is the result of what we have thought."
    ~ Buddha

The imperial game has got inside our veins like a virus. Indeed, there are rumors that Britishers injected this virus in our food and water before they left, so that they can control us much after they left. This is responsible for all evils facing our society like corruption, poverty, and on a more serious note, PT Usha not being treated with respect.

So what's the big plan? How can we de-popularise cricket? Here are some steps that can be taken:

1. Advertisers should be forced to sponsor all games but cricket.

2. Prime time coverage for all sports and no coverage for cricket. Just like we used to have coverage for Akhil Bhartiya Sangeet/Nritya programs on Doordarshan in good old days. Purists should be pleased, TRPs be damned.

3. Let's get serious now. Use total media censhorship, any coverage of cricket should be banned.

4. Have a cultural revolution of the sort Mao Zedong did in China. Anyone found playing cricket should be caught and put in jail. Naxals can be the rallying point here.

And thus, Utopia would be achieved, where cricket shall not exist. A little birdie asks, what about freedoms, liberties and all that jazz? Someone please deal with the darned thing.