Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nanotechnology and global warming

nanotechnology and global warming

I have read a lot about how Nanotechnology affects the Global warming potential, but i want to know that whether Nanoparticle Toxicity can be a hurdle towards that or not nd if yes then how????
    Last edited by richi; November 12th, 2009 at 11:33 PM.

is nanomaterial toxicity accelerating or decelerating global warming????

Its not, stupid

Its not, stupid.

u mean nanotechnology is stupid????? or that u dint understand the thread lol so its stupid or its u who is stupid ?what is stupid piyuuuuuuuuuuuuuushhhhhhhhhhhhhh jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii? one thing more pls pls do explain me my question can you? so that i may know u got the essence right and then we will decide about the stupidity okieeee :p
    Quote Originally Posted by piyush83 View Post
    Its not, stupid.
    Last edited by richi; November 14th, 2009 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richi View Post
    I have read a lot about how Nanotechnology affects the Global warming potential, but i want to know that whether Nanoparticle Toxicity can be a hurdle towards that or not nd if yes then how????
    Why don't you give a gist of 'a lot' that you have read about the nanotechnology related Global warming!! :p
    I guess, most people here are unaware of this topic and may be you can educate them a bit.

Nanoparticle toxicity (health hazardous; even non-toxic metals like gold etc. become 'active' in nano regime) is well known (at least R&D sector) but how nanotech increases the 'Global warming', is above my head.

As far as i have heard, nanotechnology is quite useful in making existing techniques and devices (eg, solid oxide fuel cells, batteries, Solar cells etc) more efficient; hence helpful in reducing the carbon emission (and thus global warming)

Toxicity as a hurdle in pursuing nanotech: nothing comes for free; nano toxicity is an issue but not so grave that it can not be overcome. Even non-Nano technologies have health issues. Developments in instrumentation (probing techniques) have actually opened up the previously unknown (or ignored) health hazardous. For instance, Ages old Mustered oil lamp which is frequently used in villages (thought to be better than Kerosene lamp) gives carbon nano particles; though not toxic as such, but when inhaled, this carbon get deposited as a layer on lungs which is obviously a serious issue. Recently there was a Nature magazine article showing high resolution images of Graphene sheet deposited at the interiors of lung of a rodent (or something)!! :D

So, many of these nanotoxiciologic issues were already there; Thanks to advance technology we have started to notice that.

Good actually u are confusing between nanotechnology and nanomaterial toxicity ,i m saying that what all i have studied so far couldnt clarify whether nanomaterial toxicity reduces globalwarming or increases it?????

Nd what u are telling is just about nanotechnology which till date seems to be beneficial but one never knows when scientists come up with some research that shows it's detrimental effects!

nanamaterial toxicity and tech though run parallel yet they are too different role wise.

"A LOT "IS LOT SO, THAT CAN'T BE ACCOMODATED HERE GD TRY ANYWAY !
    Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Why don't you give a gist of 'a lot' that you have read about the nanotechnology related Global warming!! :p
    I guess, most people here are unaware of this topic and may be you can educate them a bit.

Nanoparticle toxicity (health hazardous; even non-toxic metals like gold etc. become 'active' in nano regime) is well known (at least R&D sector) but how nanotech increases the 'Global warming', is above my head.

As far as i have heard, nanotechnology is quite useful in making existing techniques and devices (eg, solid oxide fuel cells, batteries, Solar cells etc) more efficient; hence helpful in reducing the carbon emission (and thus global warming)

Toxicity as a hurdle in pursuing nanotech: nothing comes for free; nano toxicity is an issue but not so grave that it can not be overcome. Even non-Nano technologies have health issues. Developments in instrumentation (probing techniques) have actually opened up the previously unknown (or ignored) health hazardous. For instance, Ages old Mustered oil lamp which is frequently used in villages (thought to be better than Kerosene lamp) gives carbon nano particles; though not toxic as such, but when inhaled, this carbon get deposited as a layer on lungs which is obviously a serious issue. Recently there was a Nature magazine article showing high resolution images of Graphene sheet deposited at the interiors of lung of a rodent (or something)!! :D

So, many of these nanotoxiciologic issues were already there; Thanks to advance technology we have started to notice that.

Is your concern about a specific nanotechnology application to limiting Global Warming (such as Nanotechnology for Solar Paneling) or you are talking in general terms within this specialized area? Wow, did I just use an oxymoron here?!
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

it's about nanomaterial toxicity specifically
    Quote Originally Posted by Milu View Post
    Is your concern about a specific nanotechnology application to limiting Global Warming (such as Nanotechnology for Solar Paneling) or you are talking in general terms within this specialized area? Wow, did I just use an oxymoron here?!

Good actually u are confusing between nanotechnology and nanomaterial toxicity ,i m saying that what all i have studied so far couldnt clarify whether nanomaterial toxicity reduces globalwarming or increases it?????

Nd what u are telling is just about nanotechnology whichtill date seems to be beneficial but one never knows when scientists come up with some research that shows it's detrimental effects!

nanamaterial toxicity and tech though run parallel yet they are too different role wise.

It's non debatable that nanotechnology has enormous application(no need to mention.....you know much better than me). Along with applications problems comes because of it's size.....Nano toxicity is that problem and it's a challenge for scientist across the world and work is going on it.....

Now coming to global warming, I am not that much aware about it. As you have mentioned, you read a lot on it... please mention some sources from where I can read these......

google best source and science direct
    Quote Originally Posted by bazardparveen View Post
    It's non debatable that nanotechnology has enormous application(no need to mention.....you know much better than me). Along with applications problems comes because of it's size.....Nano toxicity is that problem and it's a challenge for scientist across the world and work is going on it.....

Now coming to global warming, I am not that much aware about it. As you have mentioned, you read a lot on it... please mention some sources from where I can read these......

it's about nanomaterial toxicity specifically
    If your concern is not about Global Warming Potential specifically then you could remove it from your query and instead ask regarding Nanomaterial Toxicity- which is a broad topic.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; November 14th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

omg omg i m asking that how specifically nanomaterials toxicity affects GW..... Do reply only if u have any knowledege in this regard ??

Its jus this that m going to present some paper in an interational conference so ,i was just trying to gather some more info ..though of course ,i have basic material with me that could suffice the requisite content for the paper yet i wanted to know if someone has some knowledge about the innovative researches in this area that i might have missed on .....that's it!!!!!
    Last edited by richi; November 14th, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

google best source and science direct
    Nanotechnology will emerges as the solution for global warming. It's a positive of nanotechnolgy. It will be huge releif to whole world.....

Nano toxicity is a problem that comes in picture recently. .Hopefully reseachers will come with a solutions of it.........No need to worry that much about it. With the time solution will surely come.. I feel till date there is no need of mixing GW with nanotoxicity
    Last edited by bazardparveen; November 14th, 2009 at 12:52 PM.

hmmm cool !
    Quote Originally Posted by bazardparveen View Post
    Nanotechnology will emerges as the solution for global warming. It's a positive of nanotechnolgy. It will be huge releif to whole world.....

Nano toxicity is a problem that comes in picture recently. .Hopefully reseachers will come with a solutions of it.........No need to worry that much about it. With the time solution will surely come.. I feel till date there is no need of mixing GW with nanotoxicity

Good actually u are confusing between nanotechnology and nanomaterial toxicity,
    Good that i am confused ?? Or is comma missing after 'Good' ?? :D

Anyways, nanomaterial toxicity is a consequence of nanotechnology; these are related and no, m not confused between nanotech and nanotoxicity. Actually, u could have framed your question in a better way.

i m saying that what all i have studied so far couldnt clarify whether nanomaterial toxicity reduces globalwarming or increases it?????
    so is this your question??

Nanomaterial toxicity is sort of 'side-effect' of nanotechnology. A consequence of nanotech.
    I can understand the detrimental effects of nanotechonolgy in terms of environmental hazard, toxic waste [which would have been a normal waste, had it not been nano] and related health issues BUT global warming ?? (and that too coz of nanotoxicity and not nanotechonlogy)

Again, how&why you think that nanotoxicity is directly related with global warming (increases or decreases GWarming)??

Do you mean that- Nanomaterial toxicity might discourage people to use nanotechnology which means use of other MICRO/MACRO-techs (less efficient ones) which further imply more global warming than that would have been by the use of nanotech??
    If yes, logical felony i must say!!

Nd what u are telling is just about nanotechnology which till date seems to be beneficial but one never knows when scientists come up with some research that shows it's detrimental effects!
    :D :D Nanotoxicity is a detrimental effect!! Again what is your message here??

Enlighten me further!!

oh, dear Bhagwan! u must read posts carefully. i did put the word 'gist' which means making a 'a lil' of that 'a lot' without loosing much of the meaning.
    Had you put some introduction in your first post, it would have been easier to understand your question precisely and decide if one has something to add to your understanding.
    BTW, is you keyboard broken? :o

I think sunil u hardly know anything about polymerscience or nano science so,please don't give kiddish replies .Save ur time nd don't waste mine either .

MY "LOT"ND LOL= YOUR "LIL" THAT IS ME !!
    Good that i am confused ?? Or is comma missing after 'Good' ?? :D

Anyways, nanomaterial toxicity is a consequence of nanotechnology; these are related and no, m not confused between nanotech and nanotoxicity. Actually, u could have framed your question in a better way.

so is this your question??

Nanomaterial toxicity is sort of 'side-effect' of nanotechnology. A consequence of nanotech.
    I can understand the detrimental effects of nanotechonolgy in terms of environmental hazard, toxic waste [which would have been a normal waste, had it not been nano] and related health issues BUT global warming ?? (and that too coz of nanotoxicity and not nanotechonlogy)

Again, how&why you think that nanotoxicity is directly related with global warming (increases or decreases GWarming)??

Do you mean that- Nanomaterial toxicity might discourage people to use nanotechnology which means use of other MICRO/MACRO-techs (less efficient ones) which further imply more global warming than that would have been by the use of nanotech??
    If yes, logical felony i must say!!

:D :D Nanotoxicity is a detrimental effect!! Again what is your message here??

Enlighten me further!!

oh, dear Bhagwan! u must read posts carefully. i did put the word 'gist' which means making a 'a lil' of that 'a lot' without loosing much of the meaning.
    Had you put some introduction in your first post, it would have been easier to understand your question precisely and decide if one has something to add to your understanding.
    BTW, is you keyboard broken? :o

I think sunil u hardly know anything about polymerscience or nano science so,please don't give kiddish replies .Save ur time nd don't waste mine either .
    :D
    i guess, its an open forum and anyone can participate/contribute (best of their abilities).
    if your time is so precious then why you are wasting your precious time here (most ppl don't have idea about the your nanotoxicity here); go and browse related journal where you can find plenty of literatures covering all aspect of your queries. :rolleyes:

(BTW) now ploymerscience
    something related with polymotoxism or is it a plan show-off (knowledge of technical terms)!!

nanotoxicity.. international conference... nano sciences, polymerscience.. :eek:

next is what?? In vivo investigations for fullerene toxicity on non-adherent mammalian cell lines or something of that short. :eek:
    * Clap-Clap* in advance (if that's what is expected here) :p

MY "LOT"ND LOL= YOUR "LIL" THAT IS ME !!
    WOW, so mature.

I think Richi you are very great and extremely mature.
    Happy ? :eek:

hmmm cool !

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohh poor boy how much did u google for me spent hours and hours searching for fullerene !.. i m indebted tah ya !! I spent hardly 5 mins writing my query nd u spent hours ahh!!!

Just because u dint understand all this stuff u believe that no one can how immature again..

hahah so u agreed u dont know much about Poly,nano sciences ad still going ahead with asseveration. so immature..but no complains!

Don't clap for me cus i thrive on claps from masses !!!nd yes one more thing to add u seem to be too touched by my show off haha if at all it is ...are jl forums meant to splurge ???? never knew that !

:D
    i guess, its an open forum and anyone can participate/contribute (best of their abilities).
    if your time is so precious then why you are wasting your precious time here (most ppl don't have idea about the your nanotoxicity here); go and browse related journal where you can find plenty of literatures covering all aspect of your queries. :rolleyes:

(BTW) now ploymerscience
    something related with polymotoxism or is it a plan show-off (knowledge of technical terms)!!

nanotoxicity.. international conference... nano sciences, polymerscience.. :eek:

next is what?? In vivo investigations for fullerene toxicity on non-adherent mammalian cell lines or something of that short. :eek:
    * Clap-Clap* in advance (if that's what is expected here) :p

WOW, so mature.

I think Richi you are very great and extremely mature.
    Happy ? :eek:
    Last edited by richi; November 14th, 2009 at 03:47 PM.

ohh poor boy how much did u google for me spent hours and hours searching for fullerene !.. i m indebted tah ya !! I spent hardly 5 mins writing my query nd u spent hours ahh!!!

Just because u dint understand all this stuff u believe that no one can how immature again..

hahah so u agreed u dont know much about Poly,nano sciences ad still going ahead with asseveration. so immature..but no complains!

Don't clap for me cus i thrive on claps from masses !!!
    :D :D :D

not really, i have a reasonably good speed in typing, hardly few minutes (in single digit).

btw what is this "cus" :D
    and thrive on "masses". smooth!! :p :D