Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Respect

Please do get your original concept copy righted....
    Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Originally Posted by sidchhikara

What is the age at which a person turns from young to "elder"?

Say, that happens at time t. Does that mean at t-1, poor girl is getting crap from all directions because she is indisciplined, suddenly at t there is a deafening silence - people around her are already swallowing their words, at t+1, she is heralded as a disciplined zen master, people are falling at her feet, even Baba Ramdev stops lecturing her about her health.

Most easy way to earn respect is give respect. The way you treat other's same treatment u will get from them. Respect is not country or region specific its every where. Respect doesn't mean touching the feet or Namastey, i have seen many people who touch someone's feet and behind his back they just use to abuse them.
    When i was in Australia i have seen even senior persons in a company are used to say few abusive words(atleast we consider those words abusive) in daily common conversation but that doesn't mean that they don't know how to respect of other, they are very good and behave respectfully to other's they are very well mannered better than many of us. So we can't compare the respect between western and indian countries the environment is totally different.
    Respect should be in heart which will automatically comes in words and acts.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    Most easy way to earn respect is give respect. The way you treat other's same treatment u will get from them. Respect is not country or region specific its every where. Respect doesn't mean touching the feet or Namastey, i have seen many people who touch someone's feet and behind his back they just use to abuse them.
    When i was in Australia i have seen even senior persons in a company are used to say few abusive words(atleast we consider those words abusive) in daily common conversation but that doesn't mean that they don't know how to respect of other, they are very good and behave respectfully to other's they are very well mannered better than many of us. So we can't compare the respect between western and indian countries the environment is totally different.
    Not always true.

Agree with you.. You cannot compare apple and oranges.

Thumbs up

Respect should be in heart which will automatically come in words and acts.
    Most aptly answered!
    Respect dil me hoti hai. Actions can't be always the way of judging how someone respects you. Kayi bar upar se dikhawe ke liye bhi respect karte hai bahut sare log. Peeth piche fir utni hi gaaliya nikalte hai.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by daivischahal View Post
    akansha ji........apne haryana ke logon ke behaviour ka comaprison americans/australians ke sath kiya hai.....
    apne comparison mein apne sirf 3 baatein likhi hai........
    1.haryana me bachhon ko respect karna kaisa sikhaya jaata hai?
    2.negative things from behaviour of haryanvi...
    3.positive things from a foreigner behavoiur....

dont u think that we should compare +ve with +ve and then -ve with -ve....

haryana main zyadatar log gaanvo mein rahte hai.....and believe me 80% se zyada log apne bachho ko kabhi bhi kisi ko "ji" ya "aap" kahna nahi sikhate....bachho ko bas yahi bataya jaata hai ki ye tere CHACHA hai,ye TAYA hai,etc ,etc....
    lekin bachhe fir bhi apne badon ki respect karte hai.....haan unki accent jarur rude hoti hai , joki har haryanvi ki hai.....lekin respect bilkul genuine hoti hai.....agar koi kisi ko like nahi karta to us-se sidhe muh baat hi nahi karta.....respect dena to dur ki baat hai.....

lekin jaise hi hum gaanvon se city me aate hai scenario ek dum change ho jaata hai.....yahan parents bachhon ko tab sikhana shuru kar dete hain jab unhone dhik se bolna bhi nahi sikha hota......wo bachhon ko "AAP" kahana to sikha dete hain par kisi ki respect karna nahi sikha paate.....kyonki respect karna sikhaya nahi jaata......hum usi ki respect karte hain jise hum like karte hain.....or is par to khud hamara bhi control nahi hota......ye jo sikhi hui respect hai ye most of the case me genuine nahi hoti......sirf dikhava hoti hai.....

aapne bilkul sahi kaha hai ki " respect must bhi mutual"
    lekin aap hi bataayi haryana mei, jo ki ek PURUSH PRADHAN state hai, jahan parivaar ke saare faisale sirf ghar ka HEAD karta hai, wahan aisa kaise possible hai ki wo apne har decision me ghar ke har member se consult kare.....use head isiliye banaya jaata hai kyonki sab ko us par vishvas hota hai ki wo sabki bhalaai ka kaam hi karega......

or ab to ye trend bhi dhire-dhire khatam ho raha hai....is modernization ne joint family ko kai nuclear families me baant diya hai jahan sirf husband,wife or children hote hai.....

or mam rahi baat foriegn ki to mere pass comment karne ke liye kuch hai nahi kyonki kabhi america ya australia jaane ka moka nahi mila......lekin jitna doston se suna hai(who have visited foriegn )and from hollywood movies uske base par itna kah sakta hun ki jin foreigners ke behavour ki aap baat kar rahe ho wo wahan ke highly professional or educated log hain......unse itni to umid ki jaa sakti hai ki wo publicly achha behave karen.......or aisa bhi jaruri nahi ki wo respect genuine hi ho.......
    lekin wahan ka jo aam aadmi hai uski bhasha bahut hi vulgar hai(its my personal experience from my NRI friends.....)
    or jo aadmi sadak par apko smile de kar hello bol raha ho aapko kya pta uske andar kya chal raha hai.....may be s/he is thinking something wrong abt u.....
    is dikhave ki respect se to haryana ki rudness hi achhi hai....
    saame achhe-2 words use karna or baad mei kahna "BLOODY INDIAN" , is -se to kahin achha hai ki aap face par hi 2 gaali suna do......

or mam rahi marriages ki baat to likhna to mai is par bhibahut chahta hun par fir mujhe lagega ki main kisi essay competition me part le raha hun.....bas itna hi kahna chahunga ki indian marriages are much much successfull than foreign marriages....

akansha ji ye mera point of view hai.....agar kahi galti hui ho to mafi chahunga....
    Now m scared..perverts here!
    yes..theres a dearth of good-lookin gals here..mass famine...so u never know!
    Gives me creeps!
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by aakankshac View Post
    Dear All,

Just because someone may be living/studying/working overseas that does not necessarily make them anti-Indian/ anti-Jat etc. It is essential to try and be as objective as possible and appreciate that different people may have different perspectives on a matter.
    Best Wishes,
    Correct
    Maybe it just gives you to view ur country from afar..with a broader prospective

...La Vida es Bella....

You said it..
    Hit the nail hard..
    Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Yes, low divorce rate is based on social stigma, lack of social security for women and financial constraints. Ram-sita ki jodi are good for comics and Ramayan serials. Couples who really like each other will stay married whether it is India, Aus, Europe, Africa. In Indian more women stay married because of other factors that you pointer out in your post.

Increasing divorce rates in metros are indication of this. This has happened for every country in the world when women started enjoying greater rights.

...La Vida es Bella....

And then there are some..who wish unka husband aaj marr jaa..no attachment/passion or even compassion..
    they live with them,,but fake it to the max.
    height of pretence
    May engage in adultery, cribbing, cursing and what not..but they remain ATTACHED and married.

bacchon ki life kharaab..issey aacha to jii leney do us becharey ko
    Same applies to men

IMO,its this way or that..ur IN ot OUT..
    could never understand..do naav ki sawaari lolz

...La Vida es Bella....

Point raised about marriage...

Universal Saying :
    Without Control of Groom's Mother over Bride after marriage is a passport to Groom's DISASTER.

Specially if girl is BAGDAN , Same -or- Over Age than Guy.

saame achhe-2 words use karna or baad mei kahna "BLOODY INDIAN" , is -se to kahin achha hai ki aap face par hi 2 gaali suna do......
    Jis k bi experiences hain..bahot burey hain
    ya stereotyped hain..

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by Dheeraj24 View Post
    Universal Saying :
    Without Control of Groom's Mother over Bride after marriage is a passport to Groom's DISASTER.

Specially if girl is BAGDAN , Same -or- Over Age than Guy.
    bwahahahahahaha !!

I have no idea what it means or where those specific conditions came from.

Ridiculous!!

Respek yo!

Respect and disrespect is not specific to any culture or country. But the ways of showing respect differs from country to country, culture to culture, and even social class/financial status and education.
    One thing I find funny in India is that some poeple think i'm trying to be an englishman when i say thank you, it's become a reflex action for me, but saying 'shukariya' or dhanaywaad all the time just sounds stupid. I wish they had less royal sounding names in hindi.

But when it comes to respecting people I found America in general to be very respectful. I was there for 2 weeks with my father about a week ago, and man, people were so helpful and so polite, every time i said thank you they said 'you're welcome' with a warm smile, and not once was it just because they were trying to be polite, they enjoyed making you feel home and respecting you.
    Respect's closely linked to love, I think and if you love people and are caring you will respect them. Plain and simple!

Re 1) Anyone will recognise a gesture of respect, irrespective of country. Can one guarantee the authenticity/ value of that gesture?? However, the polite societies are definitely better at face values.

Re 2) Rightly said, applies to any society, not just to India, in a small inconsequential way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aakankshac View Post
    Dear All,
    1) Regarding what makes a gesture more genuine? Indeed every culture has their own gestures, and I appreciate the ones we have in ours. In my previous post I meant that often the emphasis is merely on making the gesture rather than really appreciating what the value (in this case respect) is about.

2) Regarding the correlation between crime and respect/ disrespect. Again, a valid question. In my opinion, people indulge in crime when they lose their moral values and respect is a critical one. Legally, yes, crime would be defined as 'breaking the law'. However, all laws were formed for the sole reason of respecting people (a group of people, an individual, their property, their work or even more). I think every single law can be traced down to preserving a form of right of a human being. Losing respect may start off in a small inconsequential way, but it may balloon up to more grave incidents.

Even if you compare apples to apples, the better apple is the one you have in hand and can eat!!! Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Agree with you.. You cannot compare apple and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    Even if you compare apples to apples, the better apple is the one you have in hand and can eat!!! Right?

Precisely...Look i am not saying that you cannot get something better out of the available options..But i am obsessed with the comparison here between West and India. I have my own personal experience with that..Some of things do not work when it comes to applying..A good behavior or bad behavior...or what else..etiquettes or manners..they all persist in every culture..You would have been taught from parents as well..But following someone does not mean that you are inheriting right things..and sometimes they do not work..I remember when one of my friend got offended when i used the word "Lucky Ba$tard"..And he was right at his place..Same if you use "Smart A$$"...and so on...Coming to the point..Manners persist in every culture..In fact Indian culture is the richest in manners and etiquettes than anyone else in the world..I am not criticizing that West is bad ..They have their own ways to show a respect..and good and bad people are everywhere..Now it depends upon you what do you follow..But yes one cannot compare apple and oranges..Sorry i am in between some work..will get back to this later on.

Atish, your this line effectively sums up the discussion for me atleast.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    ..Now it depends upon you what do you follow...

lekin bachhe fir bhi apne badon ki respect karte hai.....haan unki accent jarur rude hoti hai , joki har haryanvi ki hai.....lekin respect bilkul genuine hoti hai.....

Sahi Kaha bhai..... bado/doosroon ke liye respect boli(accent) se nahi... ghar waloon ne jo achaar vichaar.... parwarish ..de hai us par depend karta hai ......

haryana main zyadatar log gaanvo mein rahte hai
    yeh bhi bilkul sahi kaha .... haryana main jydatar jab hain hi ganwaar to kahan se layenge respect - vespect.... yeh unka ka nahi jo unke bado ne sikhaya us ka doosh hai....:rock:rock

Koi nahi bhai time ke saath sab badal raha hai... haryana main bhi literacy rate dheere dheere badhegi... log bahar jayenge...doosro se milenge to apne jungli pan ko bhi bhool jayenge..... hope for the best BRO..All the best...

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Khawatein to bahaut sari hein...
    jaise kae "Khisyaanee Billi khamba noche"... :rolleyes: "Gadhae kae sar pae seeng nahee"... :rolleyes: "Angoor Khattae Hein"... :eek: etc. etc. aali khwatein bhi hua karein!!! :D:D:D
    shailender bhai maine jo uper likha hai that is specifically for a particular type of person.........so no offence........i respect all NRI's who respect INDIANS, love INDIA and feel proud to be an INDIAN......
    again if i hurt ur feelings,then i m extremely sorry......

[QUOTE=daivischahal;231959]seems that u r having a good time there.....congrats........at least somebody is following u....
    u know if its a fact dat if u like someone then u will appreciate his/her every deed.. .....same is the case with u.......u like americans so much.......
    n its not only u, there r many people in india who think that americans are much superior than indians.......so they just try to ape americans...their culture,their lifestyle....

=QUOTE]

Ye America to hamarey Aas-Pass bi nahi lagta..
    n mate..its not aping..its assimilating,,not by force but naturally..

of course..those who dont...( I think its those who come just for MONEY) they have a perpetually divided mindset
    Dhobi ka kutta na ghar ka na ghaat ka!
    I think u said u've never been to these countries..so dont write something on heresay..or that u dont know about!
    And if someone tries to explain...LISTEN TO THEM..
    Last edited by deepshi; November 18th, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

...La Vida es Bella....