Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Respect

these were just some random incidents...

Now..on Their part..

-They are apprehensive bout the loud chant "Aussie Aussie Aussie oyi oyi oyi " which usually shouted during sports
    They now shun this, have mostly banned this, not to offend other natioanlities

-Last year there were rumours and objections for singing Christmas carols in Public places..coz it may..yes again..offend other nationalities..

-Southern cross tattoo or any such nationalistic acts are just not encouraged

-When there were attacks on taxi drivers (mostly by other minorities, not the Aussies), there was a widespread condemnation, on numerous blogs and newspapers..

Alrite,,,they are faking it all...but they must be really very good at it!

Orr kya jaan logey inki..haha..jee leney do inhey!
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

Lightbulb

Good sharing Deepshi, I've big frens circle over there in Oz n' no one of them accepting the racist crap, they all said me that it's kinda series of random incidents which happen everywhere but these bloody media hyping n' spreading panic in vain.

I got one msg for all moral police here who is going insane over Aussies. One should look into his sleeves before blaming others, in my opinion we (Indians) are the biggest racist in the world, for example - ages old cast system, denoting north-east ppl as chinkies, south-indians as madrasi n black ppl as nigros, kaaliya etc ... and what about the ba$tard Thakrey n company who goin gaga over ' Marathi Manus' n all that bull-crap. Isn't it racism ? I think its more than Racism .. its Anti-Indian thing.

Good n' Bad is everywhere, its up to u what u remember good ppl n' good memories or the alternate one.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by deepshi View Post
    these were just some random incidents...

Now..on Their part..

-They are apprehensive bout the loud chant "Aussie Aussie Aussie oyi oyi oyi " which usually shouted during sports
    They now shun this, have mostly banned this, not to offend other natioanlities

-Last year there were rumours and objections for singing Christmas carols in Public places..coz it may..yes again..offend other nationalities..

-Southern cross tattoo or any such nationalistic acts are just not encouraged

-When there were attacks on taxi drivers (mostly by other minorities, not the Aussies), there was a widespread condemnation, on numerous blogs and newspapers..

Alrite,,,they are faking it all...but they must be really very good at it!

Orr kya jaan logey inki..haha..jee leney do inhey!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by amans View Post
    Indian culture- what is that? If it is so strong why do they celebrate foreign festivals, burn brides?
    Lord Krishna - a playboy!
    Does education make a person - don't think so. I have seen educated Indian(jats) behaving despicably.
    Same for ladies.
    Indian culture? a mixture of traditions brought to India by various invaders.
    Indian values - what are those? When Indians see other Indians in the west they behave contemptuously. Most likely true anywhere you go be it New York, London or Moscow. So much for Indian values.
    Oldest racist system in the world - Indian caste system.
    Light skin is preferred over black skin.
    You are confused , its either the Lord or the playboy!

Dont choose both!

This is not out of any emotions but frankly the most apt answer to your post is this:

Unan-Misr-Roma,Sab mit gaye jahan se;
    Lekin ab bhi hai baaki nam-o-nishaan hamara;
    Kuch baat hai ki hasti mitati nahi hamari;
    jo ki raha hai dushman daur-e-jahan hamara.

Ohh wait , below is the english of the same , to help you out , just in case!

This couplet literaly means that civilisation of Egypt, Greece and Rome didnt survive but we did. There is something that keeps us moving. This is a signal to all powers that want to see our motherland divided.
    Today, on behalf of every one at Bewajah, I pay my homage to those who lost their lives in yesterday's blasts in Srinagar and Mumbai. We really feel that only showing sympathy is not enough. We hope we can bring some peace in world by changing ourself and our surroundings.

================================================== =

totally sick and tired of these negative venom pouring folks , stop worrying about us dudes , none of your business and concerns!

Talking Tu kaun, mein khamkhaan....

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80 View Post
    Why such a big explaination?

Also you said there are a few radical cleric on this site?? When, where, How many?? and you said "(sometimes one really doesn’t know what they are having for breakfast back there…)". Can't understand? Back there. Where?? Sorry Poor english!!

Lastly, your joke about migrants or immigrants for you " Isn't this a pure generalisation" by western people. Just few lines above you were asking him not to generalise and here you youself generalised all immigrants?????

I am just trying to understand both's point of views.
    Aer Kyun na? ...Kyalein Begaane ki shaddi mein abdul banya deenwana hon laag rhya!!!...

Bhains 'west' mein ja gam gee kae, jukar 'understand both's point of view' zururt padgee? let the 'both's':rolleyes: sort it out themselves... baefazool beech mein poonchdee si mannya bala...
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Thumbs up

.....do i have to say the words!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post

This couplet literaly means that civilisation of Egypt, Greece and Rome didnt survive but we did. There is something that keeps us moving. This is a signal to all powers that want to see our motherland divided.
    Today, on behalf of every one at Bewajah, I pay my homage to those who lost their lives in yesterday's blasts in Srinagar and Mumbai. We really feel that only showing sympathy is not enough. We hope we can bring some peace in world by changing ourself and our surroundings.

totally sick and tired of these negative venom pouring folks , stop worrying about us dudes , none of your business and concerns!

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Aer Kyun na? ...Kyalein Begaane ki shaddi mein abdul banya deenwana hon laag rhya!!!...

Bhains 'west' mein ja gam gee kae, jukar 'understand both's point of view' zururt padgee? let the 'both's':rolleyes: sort it out themselves... baefazool beech mein poonchdee si mannya bala...
    Naraj kyon ho raha he bhai re bol-batla ke tem sa pass kar lan han yar kave to delete mar dun merli post par---

Bhai meri samaj kati nahi aaya ye upar kaya likh diya tune. Dono sort out kar lo par y u commenting on the other people than like radicals on this site,mods, immigrants etc ?

Better just keep it to urself and discuss through private mess not on public discussion forum otherwise people would jump in like u jumped in earlier!!!!

Ramram
    Last edited by VirJ; November 20th, 2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: :)

Quote Originally Posted by deepshi;232195
    -Just arrived at Melbourne Airport from India..the long tiring flight drained me, missing my people already, proceeding to the checkout, Anglo guy behind the counter perks up, looks at my Passport n says enthusiatically "Oh..so uve been to India to celebrate ur birthday, huh?" Just a quick nice chat helped me [COLOR="Red"
    rewind[/COLOR]
    oops...ma bad!
    meant unwind..
    Grammer Nazis
    Last edited by deepshi; November 20th, 2009 at 06:28 PM.

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by aakankshac View Post
    Respect is an act of showing regard, consideration or appreciation for someone.

In Indian culture, from the moment a child is born, he/she is taught how to show respect to people, through several ways such as actions like saying namaste while holding hands together and bowing the head and words such as adding 'ji' after the title used to address the person and 'aap'. Using the first name of the person only would be considered sacrilege. But are the children actually taught to respect and not just show respect? Do most of the adolescents, young adults, adults and elderly in Haryana really respect and not just show respect to people around them?

I included the adults and elderly because respect must be mutual. For example, an elderly man of 65 years should also respect the thoughts and opinions of his son/daughter-in-law who is 40 years old. This respect can be shown by listening and acknowledging their thoughts/ feelings without enforcing his own. At the same time, the 40 year old must also show respect to the elderly. Just because they may be weak physically or need help and support, they shouldn't be written off.

A key indication of disrespect is aggression and violence. Whether it is in speech or action. Indians usually are quick to anger, quick to take offence and very quick to react. Often, the more subtle signs are in behaviour towards servants, drivers, employees, relatives or general public. Other ways that are an accepted part of life are such as by picking on someone based on their physical characteristics. Disrespect can often lead people to participate from incidents such as eve-teasing to grave incidents such as robbery, kidnapping, murders.

One of the biggest differences I have noticed in Australian and English culture is really respecting people rather than just showing respect. In Australia/ England, people use first names without any pre/post salutation. There is little point of the latter if one doesn't mean it. If you even used the word 'fat' to describe someone, people would be horrified. You are expected to use kinder words such as 'big'. When looking for a relationship/ spouse, above all, people try and find partners with compatible personalities (not measurable physical characteristics). People never pick on anyone. Actions such as eve-teasing are considered forms of harassment. Slapping or punching someone can even get you arrested and is a punishable offence.

I am not saying their cultures are perfect but there are certain points that can be appreciated and we can attempt to include them in our culture. Instead of practicing 'showing respect', perhaps we can also ensure that we sincerely respect those around us and teach our offsprings to do the same, for they will be the adults of tomorrow.

What are your thoughts?

Andhhon ke aage biin bajanne ka koi fayda nahin aakanksha.

Quote Originally Posted by rajesh00 View Post
    Andhhon ke aage biin bajanne ka koi fayda nahin aakanksha.
    Behre hone ka darr hai kya

Quote Originally Posted by Dheeraj24 View Post
    Behre hone ka darr hai kya

U think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepshi View Post
    oops...ma bad!
    meant unwind..
    Grammer Nazis

My little brain didn't get ur point. Could u explain please?

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    You are confused , its either the Lord or the playboy!

Dont choose both!

This is not out of any emotions but frankly the most apt answer to your post is this:

Empty talk not supported by facts of history. From 712 ad hindu Sind became an arab province, Then ruled by turks, afghans,and other muslims, from 1192-1947 ad, no hindu ruled over Delhi. 1/3rd of what was India is pakistan and bangladesh.
    Is hindu culture? - is it worshipping dravidian god of the indus valley people? like shiva? or the light skin aryan gods like vishnu/brahma?
    Krishna - shown always in a black skin most likely a dravidian - no historical proof of existence.
    A society divided by color of skin based - skin color classification by light skin supposedly aryan brahmins.
    Now now who will gladly want to be a shudra? and would happily want to have himself and his descendants clean the toilets forever?
    So much for the "greatness" of culture.
    A culture that kept the majority of its people down? Is it a great culture?
    Indian history - a continuous series of defeats throughout history and invaders pouring in and in. Indian culture(?) survived because it absorbed those invaders as it could not beat them. There is nothing great about this. What survived is result of pure luck of geography not due to bravery shown in any of the battles. I bet any Roman, Egyptian or Greek armies would have taken out any Indian army of those times. Egyptians, Romans and Greeks contributed more to the World then Indians.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/...-1225891357299

...calling a spade a spade..
    this Bolta guy is cool..or plain crazy not be overly politically correct n mince words..

...La Vida es Bella....

Respect

Respect comes from our heart.
    It's not available in mart.
    Can't get it in cart
    RE Spect is respect

Nothing is Impossible,
    Impossible takes a little longer than the Usual .

http://narendersinghsangwan.wordpress.com
    http://diabetesmotherofall.wordpress.com
    http://maintainyourheart.wordpress.com
    http://waytopositivethinking.wordpress.com