Thread: World in 2010??

World in 2010??

The Economist recently released its annual collection of predictions for the year ahead. Some of the highlights are like : Pakistan will be messy but stable (unless there is catastrophic violence—an important assassination or a terrorist attack in India), China will become the world’s second-largest economy but will need to learn to chill, Obama will have a lousy year, Japan will remain in its fiscal black hole, NATO may lose in Afghanistan, the UK would get a regime change, the only thing harder to sell than a newspaper will be a newspaper company, green engineers would be way cooler than MBAs and, on July 11th, the world will watch a proud team win the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

http://www.economist.com/theworldin/

For India, Bad news for agriculture!India's factories are going to overtake its farms.Agriculture’s share of India’s national output has dropped from 40% 30 years ago to 17% in 2009. Indeed, India’s economy is now on the cusp of an historic transition. In 2010 agriculture will account for a smaller share of GDP than manufacturing: India’s output of widgets will exceed its output of wheat, rice, cotton and the other fruits of the land.

http://www.economist.com/theworldin/...4742411&d=2010

What do you people predict for year 2010?
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

My prediction:

1. England will win the FIFA world cup.
    2. Pakistan will be stable as only terrorist will survive by 2010. Common pakistani will rest in peace.
    3. Australia will win back the ashes.
    4. Qasab's brothers will do something like 26/11 in commonwealth games.
    5. No or very less salary increment for private sector employees.
    6. I might end up working for US army LOGCAP projects in Afganistan.

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    The Economist recently released its annual collection of predictions for the year ahead. Some of the highlights are like : Pakistan will be messy but stable (unless there is catastrophic violence—an important assassination or a terrorist attack in India), China will become the world’s second-largest economy but will need to learn to chill, Obama will have a lousy year, Japan will remain in its fiscal black hole, NATO may lose in Afghanistan, the UK would get a regime change, the only thing harder to sell than a newspaper will be a newspaper company, green engineers would be way cooler than MBAs and, on July 11th, the world will watch a proud team win the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

For India, Bad news for agriculture!India's factories are going to overtake its farms.Agriculture’s share of India’s national output has dropped from 40% 30 years ago to 17% in 2009. Indeed, India’s economy is now on the cusp of an historic transition. In 2010 agriculture will account for a smaller share of GDP than manufacturing: India’s output of widgets will exceed its output of wheat, rice, cotton and the other fruits of the land.

Indeed a good post..Well Chinese Economy has already taken over Germany this year and its influence in Asia has improved a lot. Now it depends upon US-India relationship.Whether the current US strategy would be able to balance Chinese influence in Asia or not..

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Indeed a good post..Well Chinese Economy has already taken over Germany this year and its influence in Asia has improved a lot. Now it depends upon US-India relationship.Whether the current US strategy would be able to balance Chinese influence in Asia or not..
    Difficult to balance chinese influence, But yes may be Indo-US relation work positively.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

After 2010 future will be BLACK!

whats the GDP GROWTH THIS TIME ..................?

Think which become obvious in future

Dubai World is going to be a cancer for world.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Trust economist to come up with such motherhood statements. All of the above are nothing but straight line extrapolation from current trends. That is there is no lateral thinking. Obama is already having a lousy time, Pakistan is already messy but stable, NATO is already suffering losses in Afghanistan, etc. etc.

My prediction:

1. England will win the FIFA world cup.
    ROTFL!! Even Britishers don't believe that. I don't follow soccer that much, but I'd be shocked if England win.

Hail Capello

Fabio Capello is strong-boned.. he's a pillar..n this being his last managerial role he cannot be counted out. He's been a winner all through! Yes, for the first time in my life I see England as one of the favorites (::Spain, Brazil, Argentina though Europeans dont win outside Europe (Spain is very capable of breaking the jinx)and South-Americans dont win in Europe except that Brazil demolished Sweden in their backyard in '58, the unfortunate tournament that brought to everybody's notice 'the biggest non-english hype of the century' Pele. anywaz, I'd hope n pray Messi goes berserk and nets in at least 10 goals. Riquelme should come back and help Argentina win!
    Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    ROTFL!! Even Britishers don't believe that. I don't follow soccer that much, but I'd be shocked if England win.
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    Fabio Capello is strong-boned.. he's a pillar..n this being his last managerial role he cannot be counted out. He's been a winner all through! Yes, for the first time in my life I see England as one of the favorites (::Spain, Brazil, Argentina though Europeans dont win outside Europe (Spain is very capable of breaking the jinx)and South-Americans dont win in Europe except that Brazil demolished Sweden in their backyard in '58, the unfortunate tournament that brought to everybody's notice 'the biggest non-english hype of the century' Pele. anywaz, I'd hope n pray Messi goes berserk and nets in at least 10 goals. Riquelme should come back and help Argentina win!
    Though offtopic but can stop myself on football.

Agree with you on Capello's role in english football. England has a very good first team. But if both Gerrard and Lampard got injured during world cup finals, they are out.Surely!

Spain is on top on the table of favourites.Arguably they have the best players in world in every postion(except defence). But they can loose to a team with good defence and good height like germans.

Argentina is all about Messi. Stop him stop Argentina. Messi was negligible in champions league semi-final between Chelsea and Barca(second leg). He was stopped by a Right back playing in left back position.:eek:

Brazil is facing a tough group. Ivory cost and Portugal are tough teams to beat. A wonder kick from Drogba or Ronaldo can thrash their dreams of 6th world cup.

Conditions in South africa will be like Europe so it will favor Europian teams but it doesn't really matter as most of non europian are playing with europian clubs.

I would like to see atleast one african team in Semi-finals. Either Ghana or Ivory cost.

Though offtopic but can stop myself on football.
    Agree with you on Capello's role in english football. England has a very good first team. But if both Gerrard and Lampard got injured during world cup finals, they are out.Surely!
    Friend, u're mistaken tht Lampard n Gerrard r the mainstays of English team. Their TEAM is much more than these 2 midfielders. u assuming 2 of English midfielders to bruise, why not the lone-carriers like Drogba?
    Spain is on top on the table of favourites.Arguably they have the best players in world in every postion(except defence). But they can loose to a team with good defence and good height like germans.
    Yes, I agree. I've seen this factor deciding matches when Norway used to beat Brazil. Spain and England are currently the bests of Europe nonetheless.
    Argentina is all about Messi. Stop him stop Argentina. Messi was negligible in champions league semi-final between Chelsea and Barca(second leg). He was stopped by a Right back playing in left back position.:eek:
    Sorry dear, Messi alone doesnt run Argentina. Look how they have struggled themselves through without Juan Roman Riquelme. I would ask you to google the strategy used by Chelsea in that match to stop Messi. He, on any given day,can make the Carvalho's, the Ashley Cole's, the Bosingwa's look like clowns. btw Argentina is not just Messi. They're Messi + 10 others.
    Brazil is facing a tough group. Ivory cost and Portugal are tough teams to beat. A wonder kick from Drogba or Ronaldo can thrash their dreams of 6th world cup.
    Brazil is in a tough group n probably the toughest of the lot but then one would expect them to come at least second in their group. Not expecting much from Ronaldo though.
    Conditions in South africa will be like Europe so it will favor Europian teams but it doesn't really matter as most of non europian are playing with europian clubs.
    U r right but then club football is way way too different (read 'more associative') than FIFA tournaments.
    I would like to see atleast one african team in Semi-finals. Either Ghana or Ivory cost.
    Same here. Ghana did well last time too but would expect more from them. M. Essien is huge talent.
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    Friend, u're mistaken tht Lampard n Gerrard r the mainstays of English team. Their TEAM is much more than these 2 midfielders. u assuming 2 of English midfielders to bruise, why not the lone-carriers like Drogba?

Sorry dear, Messi alone doesnt run Argentina. Look how they have struggled themselves through without Juan Roman Riquelme. I would ask you to google the strategy used by Chelsea in that match to stop Messi. He, on any given day,can make the Carvalho's, the Ashley Cole's, the Bosingwa's look like clowns. btw Argentina is not just Messi. They're Messi + 10 others.

Yup, They are a team but can't see any replacing both of them with same talent. See the latest match with Brazile when none of both was playing.

Yes, Messi does not run Argentina. That why they have difficulties qualifying for World cup.They were last to qualify for world cup from South America.Even Chile and Praguay were ahead of them.:eek: Thanks to Maradona! Am not sure about returning of Requilme or Aimer.

Stretegy was quite clear for that match..cut the supply to Messi...but in the end it was great postional play from Messi whose final pass to Iniesta did the trick for Barca.