Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Sehwag loosing Charm

I know one thing no single person is pefect, however saying that here is the clutch, Veeru's imperfections are thousand times better than the perfections of gavaskar, wadekar, ravi shastri, kapil dev, gundappa vishwanath, lala amarnaths etc etc. People say Sehwag never faced the bowlers like Ian botham, Andy Roberts, Lillie etc as faced by vivian richards and gavaskar. I tend to disagree, in todays time, Brett Lee, Sohaib Akhtar, etc are far better bowlers than their predecessors. Now a days bowlers do yorkers and reverse swing that was unheard of in Lillie and Thompson times.
    He is the only batsman in the annals of Indian Cricket who has been devastating. When he is focussed and gets in form, he gives such a base to his team that everyone plays relaxed and beats the living daylight out of other team.
    His accomplishment can be judged from the fact that no other Indian batsman has ever scored 300 runs leave alone twice. He scored his first 300 in pakistan the nemesis of India. This man single handidly has shut up the critics of Indian Cricket and India as nation altogether. Indian team no longer is a butt of jokes compared to its earlier avatar of Gavaskar, Wadekar. These players used to play to participate, veeru and other players like Yuvraj, Dhoni, Gambhir they play to win and destroy other team. Veeru is one of those maverick players that brings people on the edge of their seats, anticipation is at peak, excitement is in the air--that is great for sports. BCCI is raking in money like its raining because of these young boys. These men are miles apart from the cowards of previous years where all Indian team and management will do is lodge protest for any sledging, abuse, these men retaliate with full might of their physical strength, intelligence on the field and off field. They have brought pride, dignity and respect to Indians however small it may be.
    Someone said, he never attends Jat Mahasabha. does it really matter, is our pride that shallow, our ego that fragile that we need a validation of our beliefs, tradition and Jatitude from others. His excellence on field itself is the validation of Jat strength, belief, tradition. Instead of taking him as example and newer younger generation following on his trail blazer style, here we are analyzing him.
    If you can't thank him for his efforts and the glory he has brought to this nation and Jats, atleast have some decency to quietly appreciate the game.
    :rock:rock

Quote Originally Posted by richi View Post
    Sehwag is a good player even i believe that , i never said that he is worthless , i was just trying to reply to the person who started the thread....i meant to say that i don't find him that fantastic "relatively ". I honour him because he brought laurels to our country ! y must i be oblivious to this fact but what i also wanted to say is that he will restore his charm with entirety only if he "sustains" the form he is in now for more years to come .

Mentioning hair and all was just a part of a light hearted conversation nothing intentional there ! and definitely Sehwag has skills that he was busy honing during the hiatus that occured in his career sometime back ,now he is back with boost blast and made headlines in Times Of India as "Jat rocks Lanka"
    SUN HAS TO SHINE !! ND PRECISELY THAT'S WHAT SEHWAG DID

QUOTE=nitindev;235368]Well I dont have the patience to go through all the posts between you two, but your last post is quite rude, indeed it is really very very rude. Sehwag's charm is in his flamboyant batting and not in his hair. Andre agassi, Zinadin Zidane were all bald but most lovable athletes of the era. Sehwag has grown to be a national pride rather than just a jat community pride. I am sure with your perspective you would find virender (boxer) more charming, but i wonder that is because of his achievements or because of his thick hair clad scalp.

Sehwag doesnt even care about what you and I say, he is being hailed by the greatest cricketers in the world and now being compared with Don and Vivian. With his so called inconsistency he not only broken the records but made several of his own. Forget about normal people, most cricketers would love to lose their hair to bat like sehwag does.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I think there is a general confusion between Sehwag the test player and Sehwag the ODI player. Sehwag the test player never really lost "form". If you look at his record, he has been very consistent in tests. Average, etc. is in line with other greats of his period, like Sachin, Dravid, etc. Where he leaps ahead of the rest is his Strike Rate. I guess it is 80 or something in tests. That is "god-level". Even the universally agreed most destructive batsman, Vivian Richards, didn't have that. And it makes a BIG difference. Secondly, when he fires, he fires big time, as shown by his big scores.

In total this means that when Sehwag fires, India wins more often than not. That's true for Sehwag more than it is true for others including Sachin, Dravid, Ponting, etc. And I for sure regard Sachin as an overall better batsman, the best actually, according to me. But the fact that Sehwag can turn the match on his own more than anyone else, can't be taken away from him. The same can be said for him in ODIs as well, but he hasn't done it that consistently there.

Some statistics about Sehwag

I am reproducing an article from navbharattimes about Sehwag and his game. This tells you how destructive he is. Out of his 12 hundreds, India wion in 11. Second highest strike rate in ODIs, even better than Vivian Richards.

"कुछ दिन पहले सौरभ गांगुली ने सहवाग की तुलना विवियन रिचर्ड्स से करते हुए कहा था कि सहवाग रिचर्ड्स से कु
    छ पीछे रह जाते हैं। शायद गांगुली ने ऐसा दोनों महारथियों की आम छवि को देखते हुए कहा, क्योंकि अगर हम स्ट्राइक रेट को आधार मानें, तो सहवाग रिचर्ड्स को भी पीछे छोड़ देते हैं। वन डे इतिहास में जिन बैट्समैन ने पांच हजार या अधिक रन बनाए हैं उनमें सहवाग भारत के अकेले और दुनिया के दूसरे बैट्समैन हैं जिनका बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट 100 से ऊपर चल रहा है। उनसे ऊपर पाकिस्तान के शाहिद अफरीदी हैं, जिनका बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट 110.85 है, जबकि सहवाग का 102.71 है। वन डे में पांच हजार रन बनाने वाले टॉप दस बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट वाले बैट्समैनों के क्रम में वेस्ट इंडीज के विव रिचर्ड्स 90.20 के बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट के साथ छठे स्थान पर हैं। स्ट्राइक रेट के मामले में कुछ खास आंकड़े इस तरह हैं-

- वन डे में पांच हजार रन बनाने वाले टॉप स्ट्राइक रेट वाले बैट्समैन में सहवाग गिलक्रिस्ट और जयसूर्या से भी आगे हैं।
    - इस लिस्ट में सहवाग के अलावा तीन और भारतीय शामिल हैं जिनमें सचिन तेंडुलकर दसवें स्थान पर, युवराज सिंह नौवें स्थान और महेंद सिंह धोनी सातवें स्थान पर हैं।
    - भारत की ओर से वन डे में टॉप टेन स्ट्राइक रेट वाली सेंचुरीज में सहवाग सबसे आगे हैं। उनकी सर्वाधिक चार सेंचुरी पारियां हैं जबकि भारत की ओर से वन डे में उनसे बेहतर एक सेंचुरी पारी सिर्फ युवराज द्वारा खेली गई है।
    - सहवाग की 168.91 बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट वाली नॉट आउट 125 रनों की पारी ओवरऑल वन डे इतिहास में सातवीं सर्वोच्च स्ट्राइक रेट वाली सेंचुरी पारी है।
    - सहवाग ने वन डे में जो 12 सेंचुरी बनाई हैं, उनमें से 11 में भारत जीता है और केवल एक हारा है।
    - राजकोट से पहले जब भारत ने 2007 के वर्ल्ड कप में वन डे में पहली बार 400 का स्कोर बनाया था, तब भी सहवाग ने अकेले सेंचुरी (114) बनायी थी और यह मैच भी भारत ने जीता था ।
    - सहवाग ने वन डे में जो 12 सेंचुरी बनाई हैं उनमें 9 सेंचुरी में उनका बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट 100 से ऊपर रहा है, 2 सेंचुरी में उनका बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट 90 रहा जबकि एक सेंचुरी में बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट 80 रहा।
    - सहवाग की वन डे में सेंचुरी में सवोर्च्च बैटिंग स्ट्राइक रेट 168.91 रहा है और सबसे कम 80.57।
    - भारत की ओर से वन डे में सबसे तेज सेंचुरी सहवाग ने ही बनाई है। न्यूजीलैंड के खिलाफ 60 गेंदों में अपनी 125 नॉट आउट पारी में।
    - सहवाग ने भारत की जिन 11 वन डे जीत में सेंचुरी बनाई उनमें 7 जीत में केवल उन्होंने ही सेंचुरी बनायी जबकि 4 जीत में उनके साथ उस पारी में अन्य चार बैट्समैन गांगुली, सचिन, द्रविड़ और युवराज ने भी सेंचुरी बनाई। इन 11 वन डे जीत में बनाई सेंचुरी में 4 भारत में, 4 विरोधी के देश में और 3 तटस्थ मैदान पर बनाई गई। इनमें 5 जीत में पहले बैटिंग करते हुए जबकि 6 जीत में बाद में बैटिंग करते हुए सेंचुरी बनाई गई।"

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com...ow/5344678.cms

-- Navbharattimes se sabhar.
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

taking nothin away from the 'scintillating' Sehwag.. अंकल जी, गबदू विवियन रिचर्ड्स ऐसा हरफनमौला खिलाडी था जो बिना हेलमेट पहरे फास्ट बोलरा की बाउन्सरा पै कसूते छक्के उड़ा दिया करता था. आर न्यू चिंग-गम चबाया करता जुने तै किरमिच की बोल तै गली-मौहल्ला किरकिट हो रही हो. supremely confident!
    आने वाले टाइम में अगर oneday मैच में 600 रन बनने लगे तो क्या आप सहवाग को कम्पेयर करोगे 2030 के प्लायेरो से?
    Sehwag is one of the greats and so is Viv Richards but its only foolish to compare players who have played in altogether different eras.

Quote Originally Posted by jakhar77 View Post
    सहवाग रिचर्ड्स को भी पीछे छोड़ देते हैं।
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

SEHWAG is made CAPTAIN of TEAM INDIA

Comparison....

Abhimanyu Ji, The comparison is only about the strike rate not as a batsman, you probably need to read the above article again.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    taking nothin away from the 'scintillating' Sehwag.. अंकल जी, गबदू विवियन रिचर्ड्स ऐसा हरफनमौला खिलाडी था जो बिना हेलमेट पहरे फास्ट बोलरा की बाउन्सरा पै कसूते छक्के उड़ा दिया करता था. आर न्यू चिंग-गम चबाया करता जुने तै किरमिच की बोल तै गली-मौहल्ला किरकिट हो रही हो. supremely confident!
    आने वाले टाइम में अगर oneday मैच में 600 रन बनने लगे तो क्या आप सहवाग को कम्पेयर करोगे 2030 के प्लायेरो से?
    Sehwag is one of the greats and so is Viv Richards but its only foolish to compare players who have played in altogether different eras.
    जाट महान
    ----------

Smile

I re-read it and found nothing that I thought I would have missed. uncleji, is it fair to draw comparisons of any sorts between them? btw, do u know a lot has changed.. the bats, the balls, gear, match frequency, rewards, audience, a few rules, et cetera.. n most importantly the 'cricketing mind'. this game has revolutionised tremendously and so have most of all sports.. and they will keep changing as time goes. It directly impacts the playing style of an individual n the strategy of a team. Sorry to say but such comparisons (strike rate, average, et al.) are the headlines of Punjab Kesari (and the likes). when there's no Prince falling in a borewell, our media spends too much time on 'crisscross' comparisons.

warm regards,
    Abhi

Quote Originally Posted by jakhar77 View Post
    Abhimanyu Ji, The comparison is only about the strike rate not as a batsman, you probably need to read the above article again.

Regards.
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Mere statictics..

The article is only statistics, nothing else and if you see the list of highest strike rates, Shahid Afridi at No. 1, in no way he can compete with Vivian Richards or Virender Sehwag but he will enjoy being at the top of the list and you will always see Sehwag above Richards, whatever their class is/was.
    Thats the only thing that has been said in the article.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    I re-read it and found nothing that I thought I would have missed. uncleji, is it fair to draw comparisons of any sorts between them? btw, do u know a lot has changed.. the bats, the balls, gear, match frequency, rewards, audience, a few rules, et cetera.. n most importantly the 'cricketing mind'. this game has revolutionised tremendously and so have most of all sports.. and they will keep changing as time goes. It directly impacts the playing style of an individual n the strategy of a team. Sorry to say but such comparisons (strike rate, average, et al.) are the headlines of Punjab Kesari (and the likes). when there's no Prince falling in a borewell, our media spends too much time on 'crisscross' comparisons.

warm regards,
    Abhi
    जाट महान
    ----------

100% correct h gi....>>>>>>>>>>>>>^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodarajesh View Post
    अरे तुम कोण से खेल की बात कर रहे हो हमारी समझ में तो
    अब तक नही अ लिया . खेले वे टीवी आगे आँख फोड़ा हम . फेर
    इस बात की बहस में चले जावा की किस ने कितनी दौड़ बनाई
    सै. किसकी कोहनी में दर्द हो गया और कोहनी का इलाज कर्वावान
    अमरीका गया . आड़े गाँव में खेत में सारा दिन कस्सी चलावे
    सै जाट कभी वो कोहनी का इलाज करान शहर तक भी नही गए
    अमेरिका की तो बात दूर . रही सहवाग की बात तो भाई किसी भी
    जाट महासभा या जाट रैली में आया आज तक . अगर आया होता
    तो जाटो का ही मान बढता उसमे . उल्टा नज़ब गड़ का नवाब
    ( मुसलमान ) और कहवावान लाग गया लोगो से . नही तो होना ये
    चाहिए था की लोग नजब गड़ का जाट बोलते लोग उसे .
    Thanks & Regards,

Anil Jakhar
    jakhar.anilk@gmail.com
    +91 93143 91300
    Birodi badi \ Nawal garh, Fatehpur Shekhawati, Rajasthan, India

Quote Originally Posted by hoodarajesh View Post
    अमरीका गया . आड़े गाँव में खेत में सारा दिन कस्सी चलावे
    सै जाट कभी वो कोहनी का इलाज करान शहर तक भी नही गए
    अमेरिका की तो बात दूर .

Kisan dhore peesa koni..
    na to cha to uski chaand pain jaan ki se

Ask Freehold of his agri product...
    Marketing karo peesa banao

Choti choti dukan poore poore parivar pal de se
    baniya ke.
    ------
    रही सहवाग की बात तो भाई किसी भी
    जाट महासभा या जाट रैली में आया आज तक . अगर आया होता
    तो जाटो का ही मान बढता उसमे .

He is helping / helped NEHRA
    back in team
    Pradeep Sangwan of Delhi...
    kisa rola kra tha
    Delhi ki selection pain....kuch din pehle

JAT Mahasabha is old dated..
    sirf ek raag Reservation!

Jo ki aaj ke time main sabse
    bekar baat hain self confidence ke liye.

Jat khud hi neechi jati ka
    ban ja ge...then
    no need to focus on
    achievements of any player
    to boost self confidence.

-------

उल्टा नज़ब गड़ का नवाब
    ( मुसलमान ) और कहवावान लाग गया लोगो से . नही तो होना ये

Musalmaan kya aadmi nahin hote ?

Baaki(Non Jat) hindus se to achche lagge manne.

------
    चाहिए था की लोग नजब गड़ का जाट बोलते लोग उसे .

Kai baatein chupi hui ho to
    logo ko jaldi samj aati hai.

Aadmi khud ko khoji kutta samj kar
    jyada satisfy hota hain...its human psychology.

Democracy biggest drawback is it is increasing
    a disease named CONNECTIONS

Thumbs up

nice analysis aur hooda bhai ne ek baat aur bata dein, kee sehwag apne balboote par utha hai, kissi jat mahasabha ne nahi uthaya usko aur na hee uss par khaandhaani peesa tha. Amrica gaya apne peese se.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukar View Post
    Democracy biggest drawback is it is increasing
    a disease named CONNECTIONS

Charm kaa toh bera nahin .. par Sehwag Jaipur kaa CHAAM jarur taran lag raha hai.. Enjoy the game