Thread: Urgent help

Cool Urgent help

Dear jatlanders

I am maintaing an excel file since Apr-09 onwards yesterday I worked on that file & close that. Today morning when i tried to open that it could not be opened mssg showing file is read only & could not be opened.
    I call my IT guys but they told me that file got corrupted & could not be open & also they donot hav any backup option on server means they are not doing so.

Is there is any option to retrivemy lost file as it s very difficult for me to make another file from beginning.
    the file could not be copied to another drive or system & can't be mailed.

Thank in advance for ur valuable comments.

Phogat Sahab

Upload your file here if its not confidential, hope someone able to retrieve your data back. And please please please always keep backups.

regards
    rajiv

There can be virus problem in your system
    JAT = JUSTICE + ACTION + TRUTH

If that file is on ur server.. Restart the server and try to open that file.
    Because sometimes such things happen if any other service in background is using that file.

Hello

DO ONE THING TRY TO RESTORE UR PC TO AN EARLIER TIME AT WHICH UR FILE WAS WORKING PROPERLY. MAY BE U CN GET UR DATA BACK?????:rock
    महाबला महावीर्या, महासत्य सर्वाग्रे क्षत्रिया जट्टा देवकल्पा दृढ़-व्रता █│▌││▌▌▌▌│█│▌││▌▌│ )

Verified Account Official
    © Profile Original & Official

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║™
    ORIGINAL PROFILE

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vinaysirohi View Post
    DO ONE THING TRY TO RESTORE UR PC TO AN EARLIER TIME AT WHICH UR FILE WAS WORKING PROPERLY. MAY BE U CN GET UR DATA BACK?????:rock

Bhai mere susre IT aale to naat ge ak nu karan te bhi naa aawe tu manne tarika bata de ma e try maar lunga

Start Excel.
    On the Tools menu, click Options.
    On the Save tab, click to clear the Save AutoRecover info every check box.
    Click OK to close the Options dialog box.
    try these steps it should work
    or check on microsoft site you will get solution
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819853
    Meenakshi
    :rock

Quote Originally Posted by meenakshi415 View Post
    Start Excel.

MS Excel 2007 main Tool menu nahi hotta...hahaahahahah:rock

bhai system restart kar...... or search option main ja kar wa file search kar... tujhe saare version mil jayenge us file ke.... try kar shayad tera kaam hoja.....

Quote Originally Posted by meenakshi415 View Post
    Start Excel.
    usefull information:rock

if it is showing as read only then a copy of that file can be save. wats the exact msg nd error no.??
    I have no signature , Where to put my thumb impression

Open it with google documents or Office.org... Otherwise I trust textedit for these kinda of isssues.. copy the data first and you can do the formatting again also.. If its not classified, send it to me, I'll try to something...

Quote Originally Posted by rajkphogat View Post
    Dear jatlanders

I am maintaing an excel file since Apr-09 onwards yesterday I worked on that file & close that. Today morning when i tried to open that it could not be opened mssg showing file is read only & could not be opened.
    I call my IT guys but they told me that file got corrupted & could not be open & also they donot hav any backup option on server means they are not doing so.

Is there is any option to retrivemy lost file as it s very difficult for me to make another file from beginning.
    the file could not be copied to another drive or system & can't be mailed.

Thank in advance for ur valuable comments.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Open it with google documents or Office.org... Otherwise I trust textedit for these kinda of isssues.. copy the data first and you can do the formatting again also.. If its not classified, send it to me, I'll try to something...
    Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    Phogat Sahab

Upload your file here if its not confidential, hope someone able to retrieve your data back. And please please please always keep backups.

regards
    rajiv

FYI: Dosto ... the file could not be copied to another drive or system & can't be mailed.

I'm sometimes too frank for polite correspondence. This sometimes irks people, so I apologize in advance -- my intentions are always to be clear, not curt.

Why , How , Where - It's in my nature.

पढ़्ये-ओड़ तैं कढ़्या-ओड़ स्याणा हो सै

भांग रगड़ क पिया करूँ , मैं कुण्डी सोट्टे आला सुं !!

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    This is the simplest & easiest option to try.
    I'm sometimes too frank for polite correspondence. This sometimes irks people, so I apologize in advance -- my intentions are always to be clear, not curt.

Why , How , Where - It's in my nature.

पढ़्ये-ओड़ तैं कढ़्या-ओड़ स्याणा हो सै

भांग रगड़ क पिया करूँ , मैं कुण्डी सोट्टे आला सुं !!

Cool

Bhaio,

Thanks to all for ur valuable comments. par file konya thik hoi manne to wa dubara te a bana li 2 din lag ke.

Eb bus check karan lag rahya su ek data thik se ek nahi.