Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions required

Suggestions required

I completed my graduation(Bsc. Computer) in October 2007. And joined a company in July 2008 as Software Developer.
    I didnt joined any PG course because I know I am not good in academics. And if I will join any PG course it may take 3-4 years to complete :D:D. And I believe that 3-4 year Industrial Expierence is more imp. than that.

My friend's are suggesting me to do Post Graduate Diploma which is of 6 months. Will it be good to do distance learning course of Post Graduate diploma?

I dont have much idea about that. So, it will be very helpful for me if any HR here can suggest me about this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

earlier i was into recruitments so can give u a lil idea abt ur predicament....

c firstly in india v stil give preference to degrees...so yes industrial exp is imp for sure....but ur package at a lil later stage wud depend on ur degrees too....
    n if tomo a co. comes across a person who has more relevant degress....n u wit more exp...then tht person mite b given preference over u.....

n if v take eg of my industry...then for us being certified is a big thing.....so if thr is sum1 who has more exp then me but is not certified...then his salary wud b a lil less compared to mine...

even i was never a big fan of academics...but kya karein...karna padta hai...so i studied too...

Also personally i dun think these short term diplomas n all r of ne significance....agar yahi imp hote to sabhi 6 mahine ke diploma na kar lete?? y wud they waste 2-3 yrs doin PG ??? m sure world is not yet full of only fools...

if u hav sum other reason for workin....likin financial constraint n all then keep on workin...n mayb few yrs down the line u can enroll for a PG n all...
    but if no issues r thr besides ur being disinterested in studies...then i wud say plz study further...it wud only help u in the future...

rest ofcourse is ur choice...

all the best
    Good life starts when u stop wanting a better one !!!! :D

Dear Anurag, Plz specify clearly in which stream you want to do P.G. Diploma
    JAT = JUSTICE + ACTION + TRUTH

Becoz of Inherent capability to lead with Truth ,
    JAT should always go for MBAs

Only IIM
    or
    Extremely good Foreign Univ ,only under guidance of another JAT fellow.

Fees is only a one time thing!

Quote Originally Posted by anurag8425 View Post
    it will be very helpful for me if any HR here can suggest me about this.

Are you open to suggestions from non HR's as well?

All the best to you!
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

hanji suggestion koi bhi de sakta hai, isme puchne ki kya baat hai..

Bhavna thanks for ur sugestion.. financial problem nahi hai but only I know how difficult is for me to study..

Dheeraj bhai I m in technical field and i have interest in that.. to agar main kuch course karta bhi hun to that will be IT related course..

hanji suggestion koi bhi de sakta hai,
    May I suggest you a relevant thread (Title: "which one I choose", Author: Anjoo) in the General Talk section of Jatland.com? It discusses benefits of specialized education, among other things.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Anurag, looking at the situation you have described... I would suggest you to have a look at MS in System Software from BITS Pilani. If I know correctly, this course is offered in distance learning mode.All the best !

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Anurag, looking at the situation you have described... I would suggest you to have a look at MS in System Software from BITS Pilani. If I know correctly, this course is offered in distance learning mode.All the best !
    Really Good option, but you have to put in a lot of hard work. BITS ke exams kafi tough aate hai.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Cool

[QUOTE=bhavnasingh20;232463]earlier i was into recruitments so can give u a lil idea abt ur predicament....

c firstly in india v stil give preference to degrees...so yes industrial exp is imp for sure....but ur package at a lil later stage wud depend on ur degrees too....

Bhai

as per my experience Degree only help you to get ur First job & after 2-3 yrs of experince its ur learnig skiils & performance that can lead you further in the same job

& In case you r looking for switch over ur previous campany's brand name & ur negotiation skills are the factors on which ur hike will depend.

So if u r not willing to do 2-3 yrs course & put ur efforts on ur present job & do small certification courses, if reqd. while performing ur duties.

Aur waise bhi balak kab tak padega chota sa padanlage hai kite to full stop lagao padai par.

thanks guys for all ur suggestions..

@Bhavna
    I understand that PG is very important but my best friend who completed Graduation got good job in HP this month with good package of 4.2 lk with only 18 mnths exp.. And in last 2 months he got 2 more offers(fujitsu and TechM)
    We both had lots of problem in getting 1st job.. You will not believe he started his career from 2600 rs /month.. Thats where our low qualification hurted us.. And I have friends with BE joined with us and they are still on bench or didnt got jobs..

Still I wanted to do something more in academics so I took admission in regular PG course, hoping to continue PG wid job but result was not really good.. so I dropped plan of that.. even I lost my 40 k rs fees there.. isiliye mujhe iss baar fees dene se 10 baar soch raha hoon aur aap logon ki salah mang raha hoon..
    I was so bad in study that when I was in Graduation that time I lost my 1 yr with all papers down:D.. iss liye main fir se 3-4 saal ke lafde main nahi padna chahta.. i have never failed in any job interview.. so I have no regret abt my past..

@Anil Sangwan

I checked out Bits correspondence. it seems it is easy to get admission in correspondence courses there.. It will be good option for me as I m planning to shift to Delhi whenever possible.. presently i m in pune..

I completed my graduation(Bsc. Computer) in October 2007. And joined a company in July 2008 as Software Developer.
    I didnt joined any PG course because I know I am not good in academics. And if I will join any PG course it may take 3-4 years to complete :D:D. And I believe that 3-4 year Industrial Expierence is more imp. than that.

My friend's are suggesting me to do Post Graduate Diploma which is of 6 months. Will it be good to do distance learning course of Post Graduate diploma?

I dont have much idea about that. So, it will be very helpful for me if any HR here can suggest me about this.
    bhai ji mere teacher ne ek baar mere se ye bola tha

ager mhaant karne se kuch life bar ke liye accha milta ho to wo mhaant kar leni chiye
    :D
    eg. ager aap 40 saal main se 3-4 saal study pe laga loge

baki 35-36 saal to accha kaamyoge

Cool Dhaasu Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by rocky0036 View Post
    bhai ji mere teacher ne ek baar mere se ye bola tha
    :Deg. ager aap 40 saal main se 3-4 saal study pe laga loge

baki 35-36 saal to accha kaamyoge

Bhai Rocki Tera master to sahi tha mere master te mane nu kaha karte ke tu kade pass nahi ho sakta, Ek ne te nu bhi kah di thi ek tere jise balak to paper bi attempt nahi karte nue ghoom-phir ke chele ja se.

thanks guys for all ur suggestions..

@Bhavna
    I understand that PG is very important but my best friend who completed Graduation got good job in HP this month with good package of 4.2 lk with only 18 mnths exp.. And in last 2 months he got 2 more offers(fujitsu and TechM)
    We both had lots of problem in getting 1st job.. You will not believe he started his career from 2600 rs /month.. Thats where our low qualification hurted us.. And I have friends with BE joined with us and they are still on bench or didnt got jobs..

Still I wanted to do something more in academics so I took admission in regular PG course, hoping to continue PG wid job but result was not really good.. so I dropped plan of that.. even I lost my 40 k rs fees there.. isiliye mujhe iss baar fees dene se 10 baar soch raha hoon aur aap logon ki salah mang raha hoon..
    I was so bad in study that when I was in Graduation that time I lost my 1 yr with all papers down:D.. iss liye main fir se 3-4 saal ke lafde main nahi padna chahta.. i have never failed in any job interview.. so I have no regret abt my past..
    well ofcourse end choice is urs....lekin mein to abhi bhi yahi kehti hoon ki india mein sabko degrees se bahut pyar hai...

thodi zyada mehnat karni padegi lekin like rocky said...baki ki zindagi aaram se nikal jayegi...
    PG wit job to mujhe bhi theek nahin lagta....jus too difficult...
    aur maine pehle bhi bola tha...ki abhi to sab theek mil hi jayega...lekin baad mein promotions n all mein prob aa sakti hai...thts a possibility...not a surety....bt y take risks??

n i can tell u this for sure tht if u move to public sector ever....then wahan for sure...aapki degree ki wajah se aapko promotion milega ya nahin milega...

n its not necessary tht u do ur PG right now....work for some time...couple of yrs mayb...n then u can enroll for some course which u feel wil help u in ur advancement in ur career.....i guess u do hav age on ur side....
    Good life starts when u stop wanting a better one !!!! :D

Bhai Sangwan, from your posts its clear that you wish to do your PG just for the sake of having a degree. Also like Bhavna said it will be beneficial to have one.

So why not avail facility of MDU or other universities correspondance degree programmes. 2 year MSC course would be fine or may increase to 3 year course if you find it ok later on.
    The study centres are DUKANs. You dont have to attend classes there. You only have to take papers and that too are open book exams. At the end you will have bori bhar kar marks (One of my friend who is Maths lecturer got datastructure papers to mark few years back. He did very well and so did the students ). Enroll yourself in some remote area study centre and enjoy your degree.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bhavnasingh20 View Post
    well ofcourse end choice is urs....lekin mein to abhi bhi yahi kehti hoon ki india mein sabko degrees se bahut pyar hai...

thodi zyada mehnat karni padegi lekin like rocky said...baki ki zindagi aaram se nikal jayegi...
    PG wit job to mujhe bhi theek nahin lagta....jus too difficult...
    aur maine pehle bhi bola tha...ki abhi to sab theek mil hi jayega...lekin baad mein promotions n all mein prob aa sakti hai...thts a possibility...not a surety....bt y take risks??

n i can tell u this for sure tht if u move to public sector ever....then wahan for sure...aapki degree ki wajah se aapko promotion milega ya nahin milega...

n its not necessary tht u do ur PG right now....work for some time...couple of yrs mayb...n then u can enroll for some course which u feel wil help u in ur advancement in ur career.....i guess u do hav age on ur side....

Madam ji,

Public sector me correspondence ki degree nahi chalti, only full time degree holders are elegible Ar eb to we bhi campus karan lagge (here PSU means Navratanas, State govt. undertakings ka muje pata nahi wahan waise salary bhi dang ki nahi milti)

Jitender bhai

jaise aapne kaha MDU ki dukan se degree lene ka to bhai nu kagaz kathhe karan ka kya fayda jab kuch aata jata na ho, kite interview khatar jaga to file ke boj aur marega.
    Haan agar aage lecturer banan ka irada se to beshak MCA daal de aage kaam awegi & that hardly cost you 30-40 k per year.

Quote Originally Posted by rajkphogat View Post
    Bhai Rocki Tera master to sahi tha mere master te mane nu kaha karte ke tu kade pass nahi ho sakta, Ek ne te nu bhi kah di thi ek tere jise balak to paper bi attempt nahi karte nue ghoom-phir ke chele ja se.
    pher tanney paper attempt karey, tu pass hoyaa ek nahi,ye baat koon bataawegaa.anurag bhai ne to pilani mey admisson kaa final kar liyaa.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    pher tanney paper attempt karey, tu pass hoyaa ek nahi,ye baat koon bataawegaa.anurag bhai ne to pilani mey admisson kaa final kar liyaa.

Bhitar ki baat na buja karen bhai

khamkha bejati ho jagi.

Quote Originally Posted by rajkphogat View Post
    Bhitar ki baat na buja karen bhai

khamkha bejati ho jagi.
    theek se bhai mein samajh gayaa.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |