Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worlds biggest fraud... again by USofA

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80 View Post
    Yes, my country has lot of problems but we have strong belief that we will overcome them slowly but surely.

I recommend you work for the betterment of ur country and let us work for our.
    how did you managed to penetrate my skull and got the opinion that india is not my country ?... well, not to digress from the subject, i thank you for the recommendations.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; November 27th, 2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spell correction
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

bhaaio pahlam jattaa ne uppar thaa lo yo doosrayaan khaatar kuon sar phodan laagrey so.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

If everyone agree, I request Mods to delete all irrelevant posts from this thread so that you guys can continue on "Global Warming'

Sorry to derail the thread.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    My Friend... It's not brain drain... It's policies of our country those never recognized or value the talent.. Majority of us who are living or working overseas are mediocre but we got chance to excel in other part of world because some Gora/Gori spent their time to mentor us and we worked hard and added value in thier system and in our personal and professional life. Infoys used to get best talent from IITs/IIMs but it failed to create any decent piece of software like Oracle, peoplesoft, SAP, Microsoft, IBM and many more..because they had short vision of making money by doing body shopping...
    Please don't say that brain-drain is the reason behind our current state.. We didn't recognize the talent and we are still not doing it. Please ask any MBBS guy if he/she wants to stay in India... they are badly paid.. majority of them work 18-20 hours per day during internship and please ask some gal how senior doctors treat them.. Buddy system has to changed and it'll be done by one person.. vision/direction is always from one person and it can be implemented by masses..
    yudhvir bhai main bhi yahi kah raha jo aap kah rahe hain.....system has to changed.....
    par system ko change wahi kar sakta jise problem pta ho.....aapko pta hai problem kahan hai, but YOU r not here so that u can change the system.......here YOU refers to everbodybody who is aware about the problems INDIA suffer.....
    .....sab sirf problem point out karte hai, use solve koi nahi karta.....aapko yahan
    problem thi to aap FOREIGN chale gaye......aaj aap ek successfull person hai.....
    lekin kya aapne kabhi ek baar bhi socha ki ab mujhe us problem ko(jo wahan,india me, maine face ki thi) dur karna chahiye,ya atleast try to karni chahiye, taki kisi or ko wo problem na ho.....
    jab hum log, who r well aware of the problems, hum hi kuch nahi karte, to hum ek aam aadmi se,jo apni roti ke liye bhi sangharsh karta hai, kya umid kar sakte hain.....

or bhai EK AKELA AADMI SYSTEM NAHI BADAL SAKTA...wo sirf lead kar sakta hai,lekin us ko follower chahiye......ya yun kahiye ki usko apni jaisi soch waale logon ka support chahiye .....tabhi system badal sakta hai......

I didint say India has a clean history. Who does?? But in India we say jinke ghar sishe ke ho vo dusare par pathar nahi fenkte. Start a new thread or change the topic than I will reply. But U cant generalise Indians as 'Pathologically Selfish' or whatever. This is very offensive. There are a lot who sacrificed their life for the country. There are a lot who are still working for others. If you want to meet them let me know. Again I dont want to point fingure against any other country but If you force me to than start a new thread and I will let you know.

Yes, my country has lot of problems but we have strong belief that we will overcome them slowly but surely.

I recommend you work for the betterment of ur country and let us work for our.
    vipin u r very right....we will overcome all the problems......it will take time but it will happen.......
    because ab hamare bharat me aise logon ki sankhya badhati ja rahi jo apne desh ke baare me sochate hain.....
    ab sabhi log paise ke pichhe nahi bhagate.....wo padh likh kar, yahi apne desh me rah kar, uski problems ko dur karne ki soch rakhate hain.....

Its not right to discuss this here may be start a new thread on this but one question Y u worry about the ones who have already left the battlefield (just a chinease saying not pinning anyone). ? Can't you take your country ahead? Dont you have the talent? I believe everyone has talent just need to be polished and channeled in the right direction.
    bhai talent to bahut hai or talent ke saath-saath jajbaa bhi hai.....kuch karne ka,apne desh ke liye......
    wo to jab maine DAHIYA bhai ki post me dekha ki ab wo USA ki development ke liye prayer karte hain to mujhse raha nahi gaya......
    bhai hamare desh ka talent agar kisi dusare desh ki development me kaharab ho to bada dukh hota hai.......
    or sabse zyada dukh tab hota hai jab log BHARAT ki problems ginvaate hai.......
    mujhe problem point out karne ka hak tabhi agar main unko dur karne ke baare me soch raha hun.......agar mujhe sirf time-pass ke liye topic chahiye to duniya bahut badi hai or isme bahut topic hai timepass ke liye.....

Quote Originally Posted by daivischahal View Post
    vipin u r very right....we will overcome all the problems......it will take time but it will happen.......
    because ab hamare bharat me aise logon ki sankhya badhati ja rahi jo apne desh ke baare me sochate hain.....
    ab sabhi log paise ke pichhe nahi bhagate.....wo padh likh kar, yahi apne desh me rah kar, uski problems ko dur karne ki soch rakhate hain.....
    Than y are u depressed ??? Do your bit towards the society/country and enjoy.

Cheers!
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

Quote Originally Posted by daivischahal View Post
    bhai talent to bahut hai or talent ke saath-saath jajbaa bhi hai.....kuch karne ka,apne desh ke liye......
    wo to jab maine DAHIYA bhai ki post me dekha ki ab wo USA ki development ke liye prayer karte hain to mujhse raha nahi gaya......
    bhai hamare desh ka talent agar kisi dusare desh ki development me kaharab ho to bada dukh hota hai.......
    or sabse zyada dukh tab hota hai jab log BHARAT ki problems ginvaate hai.......
    mujhe problem point out karne ka hak tabhi agar main unko dur karne ke baare me soch raha hun.......agar mujhe sirf time-pass ke liye topic chahiye to duniya bahut badi hai or isme bahut topic hai timepass ke liye.....
    Don't pin your hopes on others. Bhai agar hum sab sath milke kaam karenge to sab kuch possible he. Koi bhi country ek din me great nahi banta. Isliye kahte he " rome wasnt build in one day".

Its not important what others think about you what is important is what you think about yourself.

Bhai ye thread kahan se suru hui thi kahan pahuch gayi.

Tu mayus mat ho.

Nothing will happen with regards to environmental degradation unless US takes initiative and develops and markets green energy sources.

This includes alternate fuel vehicles and renewable sources to generate electricity.

People also need to stop generating tonnes of trash. Try not to use plastic bags, bottles, aluminum cans - atleast recycle them.

As far as resonsibility for global warming is considered, it falls on both developed and developing countries like India and China.

People in developed countries pollute the environment with their profligate consumption habits. People in developing countries contribute to global warming with their unchecked population growth.

Exclamation Countries like India will PAY (though others started Global Warming)...

This is actually re-quoting the kick-off post from a thread I had started ealier; but may be relevant here too.
    Some tit-bits:

India accounts for nearly 'only' 3% of the man-made green house gases that are there now in the atmosphere, compared with 75% for the developed world (according to data compiled by the World Resources Institute).

So why - A country like India asks, should it have to go all out to cut their emissions of carbon dioxide?
    Understandably this sort of stand comes from what is recognized (and resented) by most of the developing nations like India that it's the Developed Countries who should rather take responsibility for their historical cumulative emissions and current high per capita emissions to reduce the greenhouse gases and let the developing countries pursue it's goals of economic development!!!

In fact this last July, it seems one of our Indian official bluntly told the Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that India (which is By the way, the world’s fifth-leading greenhouse-gas emitter) would not accept emissions cut as part of the global climate treaty! :o

Now standing on principle is laudable, not to mention great PR for the benifit of us domestic audiences who obviously resent being told by SUV (read Hummers)-driving Americans to cut CO2 emissions.

But unfortunately we have to also realize that this stance of 'staying with the blinders on' has a BIG downside; because a special place in climate hell is being reserved for countries like India (and even China). Countries like ours will suffer more from global warming than, for instance, Western Europe.

Why? Well India is in line to suffer disproportionately because of how the climate change is really affecting the different geographical regions.

For instance, now increasingly more of India-especially in the north-will broil (by which they say experiencing median temperature increases of 8 to 9 degrees Fahrenheit) than Western Europe will, and this comes according to 2007 Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

And so as patterns of rainfall shift to more deluges as well as more droughts due to the when-it-rains-it-pours phenomenon that global warming causes, the country will suffer more floods.

Take also into critical account the actual needs by India to increase it's irrigation needs more than the world average of 1 to 3% by the2020’s – needs which are projected as high as up to 5% for India; and on the flipside- perhaps most ominous, the availability of fresh water shall decrease. (Which is as obvious something that you don’t want to happen when your irrigations needs are projected to rise!)

India gets much of its fresh water, for agriculture and drinking, from glaciers in the Tibetan plateau and in the Himalayas, which in turn feed the Ganges and the Indus rivers.
    Now it is a researched fact that the Himalayas have been warming three times as fast as the world average, with the result that its glaciers are shrinking more rapidly than anywhere else and could disappear by 2035! :eek:

The Ganges and Indus rivers would become seasonal rather than year-round rivers then. Water availability for hundreds of millions of Indians is therefore projected to fall 20 to 40% in this century.

The wild card would be how climate change will affect the monsoons.
    The Indian monsoon is born from temperature differences between land and sea. In summer the huge Asian landmass heats up more than the Indian Ocean, driving air masses from Ocean to land and bringing pounding winds and the rains that agriculture depends on.

Now unfortunately some climate models show that as global warming heats land more than sea, the Indian monsoon will become more intense. More powerful monsoons are already causing tragic collateral damage, killing 2,200 people in Indian in 2004 and regularly displacing tens of thousands more. (The Indian monsoon is already been striking too early than its historical late-June arrival, threatening to put it out of sync with crop cycles.

So, is this 'I didn't start it; therefore I should be the last one to be made accountable' really a fair/intelligent stand for a country like India to have? – Do you think that Principle, Fairness, and Righting the historical balance (or unbalance) really trumps droughts, deluges/floods, and starvation??? ...
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

... and now China for one decides to take a (positive) stance...

...This is supposed to be breaking sorta news in the global warming concerned communities and circles...

Apparently China decided to unveil their carbon emissions targets two weeks before the Copenhagen climate change summit, and thus effectively has put pressure on another developing nation- India, as sources confirm.

Our Indian environment Minister Jairam Ramesh has called this China's decision as a "wake-up call to India". :rolleyes:

As quoted in the post above most now know that India, like China previously, sticks with the decision that it will not commit to cuts until developed nations also pledge to meet targets.

But then this... China said this week it aimed to reduce its "carbon intensity" by 40-45% by the year 2020, compared with 2005 levels.
    [Carbon intensity, China's preferred measurement, is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted for each unit of GDP.]

Interestingly, according to a recent government report, India's greenhouse gas emissions will rise from about 1.2bn tonnes at present to between 4bn and 7bn by 2030. :eek:

It seems that in view of these recent developments - India might have to start to look to being "flexible" about its stance and gain confidence from the international community...:o
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by dahiyarules View Post
    For some reason you think I take it personally when people talk negatively about America. The problem with me is that you need to differentiate between America and Americans. These are two separate entities. You speak from what you can see from there. I am speaking from what I can see here.

Americans in general are truly compassionate people. They trust their Government's intentions to be good just like their own. This attitude of "trusting the Government," comes down from the days of World War 2 when citizens from all walks of life worked shoulder to shoulder on assembly lines and invested their savings in Government bonds to fight what the government called the "Good War."

That trust in the Government has eroded considerably in recent times. People here are realizing that their interests and the Government's interests may not be aligned anymore.

Coming to my being defensive about America, I take it personally because the opinion of Americans that you try to create is not the opinion I have from what I see here. I have always been welcomed here with open arms and warm smiles. The least I can do is to speak the truth on behalf of those Americans who harbor good intentions for the rest of the world.
    ok fine, lets agree to disagree (nd viceversa) to what you say and what that has been my contention of argument, which i guess you overlooked in my previous post.

before i proceed any further, let me make few things straight and clear…

• i’m not an ardent fan of india in present scenerio or of what that is going on in india. to me india is a dead country with no ethics, no morality left and a cesspool of filth created by TDH+C (<<< that’s tom, dick and harry, including charlie… me also included). and as rightly said by you india is a victim of an institutional failure, where our crooked politicians are undermining our goals, and by no chance furthering them. to me, (as pointed by nitin dev in one of his earlier posts somewhere) talking of or about india is just a useless crap and a never ending rhetoric. i fail to see any light of hope, in far or not too far distant future. though i keep a very high regard of our erstwhile indian culture and traditions and blah blah blah… + agree in toto with your post no # 15… period.

• having said point 1, i must confess that i won’t let go america scot-free. the state has to be accountable and must feel responsible for any deeds that jeopardizes the interest of any living creature. i’m not saying that it has to be america alone, in fact every country and every individual has its role to play to ensure that planet earth is best kept.

[Quote 1 - 'The views, needs and best interests of the American people in general may not be best represented by those in the Government and vice-versa’]
    [Quote 2 - you need to differentiate between America and Americans. These are two separate entities]
    [Quote 3 - Americans in general are truly compassionate people. They trust their Government's intentions to be good just like their own] <<< all accepted with no arguments
    nowhere i am denying your opinion and have also consented with you in my previous post. also, i do know that americans are very compassionate people and america/americans being two different entities, but so is india and indians or for that matter, any other country in the world. indian’s don’t trust their govt’s intentions, unlike americans... what more, indians don’t even trust each other.

now, the point that i wanted to bring forth is/was… please don’t forget that almost, always this is the case with every nation. the state and the subject, both go hand-in-hand together. the head of any state is always held responsible for anything that goes under his regime. if the american state is held responsible for any wrong doing, obviously everybody in the world would blame the comman american citizen (including you) and that’s how the perception goes. <<< please have a grip here and appreciate that here it does not matter whether america or americans are two different entities, or for that matter they are compassionate people, trusting their govt. i reiterate, i’m holding america (the state) responsible and not the americans and when America (the state) is held responsible, the above red line holds good… (period)

the innocent man who dies in the street of baghdad from a bomb shrapnel, will only curse america. for him it does not matter how compassionate the americans might be. i hope i have made it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    i’m not an ardent fan of india in present scenerio or of what that is going on in india. to me india is a dead country with no ethics, no morality left and a cesspool of filth created by TDH+C (<<< that’s tom, dick and harry, including charlie… me also included). and as rightly said by you india is a victim of an institutional failure, where our crooked politicians are undermining our goals, and by no chance furthering them. to me, (as pointed by nitin dev in one of his earlier posts somewhere) talking of or about india is just a useless crap and a never ending rhetoric. i fail to see any light of hope, in far or not too far distant future. though i keep a very high regard of our erstwhile indian culture and traditions and blah blah blah… + agree in toto with your post no # 15… period.[/FONT][/LIST]
    [U]
    Errmm...patriotic Nazis will catch ya
    Last edited by deepshi; November 28th, 2009 at 01:40 PM.
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

The very Americans who are looked down upon as invading cold-blooded murderers, are surprisingly the most charitable people in the world (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16638810).
    N I used to think, the English are cold,self-centred with a stiff upper lip and hints of racism..
    excuse my ignorance..but its surprising!

Lesson: never make assumptions if uve not been to that place
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

I do not believe in rivalry among nations to claim some hypothetical number spot. I believe in the general improvement of human welfare. I believe every citizen whether in India or the United States, should strive to improve the lives of their fellow citizens and set an example for other societies.

The world is one big home for all humans. Look up the definition of a nation in the dictionary. Nations used to be a sub-set of people with similar characteristics. Now nations are landmasses with clearly demarcated boundaries.

In my present situation I am best able to concentrate my efforts to first help those who are immediately around me. I expect the same from anyone living anywhere else in the world. I would have done the same if I were still back in India. In fact I have always wished the best for India.

Finally, coming to the issue of brain-drain. Its another of those "blame the British" kind of kinky theories. There is ample talent in India. It just lacks the right kind of infrastructure. India is a victim of an Institutional failure. Government policies have not resulted in the results that they promised. I mean, come on! India still has one of those multi-year plans. Even the Russians stopped having those. After blaming the British for all those years for all the miseries in India, Brain-Drain is the new pinetta to beat on for the politicians in India.

A more localized example of what I am talking about is this whole new MNS thing going on in Maharashtra. A few people think that it is the people from out of state who are responsible for the miseries of Marathis.

Dont get me wrong, but I am about to get very harsh. Tell me one thing you did today that you think helped improve the life of another person. It doesnt matter if it is something as ordinary as throwing trash in a designated area and not taking a leak on the roadside.

The problem with India is that people are pathologically selfish and self-centered. Its evident just from the way people drive. Everyone wants to get ahead of others. No one cares about jumping stop lights. People defecate on the streets. There are no lines. Its a free for all.

I look at India as a Darwinian petri-dish, i.e: a classic example of the survival of the fittest. There is no concept of concern for others. Starting from the bottom level where people commit petty robberies, to the top level where elected and bureaucratic officials are busy padding their pockets; everyone in India is just too busy thinking about themselves.

India does not need therapy.India needs a shock therapy. There has to be a revolutionary change in the way conduct themselves if they really want to see India as a civilized country (sic). Mind it that a country may be developed but it may not be civilized. It is more important for a society to be civilized than to be developed.

When I read Hindu mythology and about Indian history, it leaves me wondering if we as in the current generation of Indians descended from those very people who built an India of a different era. The current environment in India will not conceive a Valmiki or a Swami Dayanand Saraswati. India lacks the spirituality that it was known for thousands of years.

So, coming back to where I started. Its not about numbers. I see a twinkle in the eyes of people here when they talk about how well India is doing (economically). These are the very people who sent food aid to India in the sixties when we were starving. They still do that for Sudan and other African countries.

Conclusion: Do your best to help those around you. It does not matter where you are. Love your fellow human beings.
    To me the charities from west is like charity from Mc Donalds. Like Mc Donalds makes most of its earning by serving junk food and then go for some charity out of those earnings to relax the taxes. Same is with west. It has been evident of the fact that they have invaded so many countries around the globe and after all earnings they have left those countries into a mess. African continent is none another than a very good example of west policies. Anyways thats my personal opinion.I never trust country like USA.

Alarm-ism was underpinned by Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    On same lines as Sunil's post:
    Disraeli- "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics."
    Is it all manipulation? No, it is more a case of presentation of selective data to support your agenda on the table. Like Al Gore presented the extreme events to highlight impact of global warming. His documentary was widely challenged scientifically for facts, but it did raise
    much needed awareness about global warming.

As for this incidence casting doubt on other scientific findings, well, science is not absolute. Every scientific theory undergoes evaluation and criticism before gaining acceptance. It would also be susceptible to re-evaluation with the emergence of new thoughts, data and technologies. If someone can rationally challenge the theory and it is worth the efforts, then why not!!!
    as is now clear that the top-notch scientists implicated in the burgeoning of this climategate scandal have no honor, but it is also now apparent that they have no sense of shame either. as rightly said by you, it was indeed the presentation of selective data… twisting the old adage, i would say, it was presented in a such a way… “all that glitters is gold and only gold”.

what concerns me now is that the global warming deniers are now cherry-picking a few unfortunately worded emails and then blowing them out of context. well, they are some pretty big, juicy cherries and there are lots of them and in order to prove their point and assertions, they might implicate the cause further... following the demise of old global warming theory, after all, its their time now. i hope the good sense prevails, and we all must not shrug away from our responsibilities of what the global warming stood for.

… and indeed the evolution of science will continue, till any peer-reviewed scientific findings is perfectly accepted. but incidences like these where scientists tried to become politicians will have a check, cos this scandal ‘climategate’ will always stand the test of time and would be refered and quoted.

it would be interesting to know as to what action would be initiated by america against CRU director professor 'phil jones
    ... please share your views vis-*-vis this apparent fraud nd “global warming”… what we have to believe now ? how can we trust any institution or agency or a country of any repute.

is it all manipulation ?
    even the science/scientists nd scientific findings ?

who knows so many of similar findings might would have been molded to serve the avaricious interests of the world's superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by deepshi View Post
    Errmm...patriotic Nazis will catch ya
    not to worry... i've my ways to sort them out, as you might have seen in one of my post earlier.

ok fine, lets agree to disagree (nd viceversa) to what you say and what that has been my contention of argument, which i guess you overlooked in my previous post.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...................

the innocent man who dies in the street of baghdad from a bomb shrapnel, will only curse america. for him it does not matter how compassionate the americans might be. i hope i have made it clear.
    In America there is this new "back to the constitution movement" led by Congressman Ron Paul. Trust me there is a growing section of American population that wants America to return to its founding ideals.

As far as someone cursing America, I see the irony in the fact that they will tolerate iron-fist dictators and mullahs torture their loved ones to death, but when an American bomb falls on their roof, all of a sudden they have someone to curse at.

Coming to the main discussion, I watched this documentary yesterday. Its called "The Great Global Warming Swindle." Its on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeY8oqAGhyA It is in 8 parts. You can find the links to all the parts at the link above.

The guy in the documentary makes a lot of sense. There is a lot of money to be made in Climate Science. Now they have this whole idea of trading "Carbon Credits." Under this scam (ooops I mean scheme) everyone will be allotted quotas for the amount of carbon they can produce. They will be charged for anything exceeding the quota and will be able to sell whatever is left of their quota.

Those who believe that America is finally giving in to the whole Carbon-emissions crap, need to realize the people behind this new scam. Its the big oil companies again. They have come to realize how much money is there to be made in the new "Green Economy."

Big Oil teaming with Marxist Environmentalists seems like an odd couple to me. But, it is a marriage of convenience. Big Oil gets to continue making loads of money at the cost of the consumer and the Marxist Environmentalists keep getting their cut of the loot in terms of donations and research grants.

As the dogs fight over a bone, I feel the only group left out is the consumers. Who is looking out for the consumers?

I believe that the right way to solve the problem is by the means of innovation. Energy saving technologies need more attention. By making consumers pay for their supposed carbon emmission and then transferring that money to Big Oil, Environmental groups, and Wall Street Hucksters is not the way to go.

Where will this nonsesne stop? Today they are thinking about making us pay for the air we breathe out. Someday they will make us pay for the air we breathe.

The point I was making was that country other than United States was listed as the most charitable last year or the one before that after taking into account all the factors that are used for the calculation.
    Last edited by urmiladuhan; November 28th, 2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added taking into
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.