Thread: After Splurge it's Financial Crunch in Haryana

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

After Splurge it's Financial Crunch in Haryana

Dear Friends,

I was reading today's HT newspaper and came across this article. In fact I remember that before LS elections, there was one RBI report which had listed out that Haryana was a state which had spend maximum of its money in non development works. I dont know how much it was true but RBI can not be accused of playing in the hands of Union Govt as Congress is ruling there too. But attached news is also on the same lines.

The article also talks about Crores of Rupees spent on campaign drive on TVs and in News papers... (Yes the number1 haryana campaign).

What does this mean to common man? More taxes without any fault of the public? More challans? More duties on land registeries? More VAT? But WHY common man to pay for it when recently CM has bought a all new chopper for self and many luxury cars for Ministers plus whopping 9 CPS. I am not talking about Hooda or Chautala here. Even Chautala saab bought new petrol gulping SONATA CARs for his MLAs instead of earlier vehicles already available....When Hooda became the CM, he bought many SKODA cars and auctioned the Sonataz ....He spent several crores on renovation of CM House in Sec 3 Chandigarh..... (Shayad Chautala saab ki smell aawe thee)......and I guess same will be done by next CM..... See how tax-payers hard earned money is being spent on luxries.. really upsetting is that we end up paying for the luxuries enjoyed by these folks.

Not only the above cases, but now govt plans to do BPL ( Below Poverty Line) survey once again the state. Means several thousands of people will be deployed once again to re-do the same job once more simply because last time the work was not done with sincerity. No guarantee that this time will be the last time. How costly affair it is. There are many more examples, instead of the fact who the CM is. Sab ke time mein wastage hai... kabhi kam...kabhi jyaada...

Common man suffers.

Ref: http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Art...&type=1&mode=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crunch.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	3744  
    Last edited by anilsangwan; December 8th, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Dear Friends,

I was reading today's HT newspaper and came across this article. In fact I remember that before LS elections, there was one RBI report which had listed out that Haryana was a state which had spend maximum of its money in non development works. I dont know how much it was true but RBI can not be accused of playing in the hands of Union Govt as Congress is ruling there too. But attached news is also on the same lines.

The article also talks about Crores of Rupees spent on campaign drive on TVs and in News papers... (Yes the number1 haryana campaign).

What does this mean to common man? More taxes without any fault of the public? More challans? More duties on land registeries? More VAT? But WHY common man to pay for it when recently CM has bought a all new chopper for self and many luxury cars for Ministers plus whopping 9 CPS. I am not talking about Hooda or Chautala here. But what is really upsetting is that we end up paying for the luxuries enjoyed by these folks. Common man suffers.

Ref: http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Art...&type=1&mode=1
    Sarkar k tota aaga bhai kuchh chanda kar ki bhej do, ar iska matalab eb jo kai hazar vacancy khali padi hain teacheran aali padi ye rahangi 2011 tak, jamin baichan ka time aa liya sarkar ka bhi aur kuchh to na dikh ta ya jamin a dikh e se , is ke ye khare karegi sarkar.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjaymalik View Post
    sarkar k tota aaga bhai kuchh chanda kar ki bhej do, ar iska matalab eb jo kai hazar vacancy khali padi hain teacheran aali padi ye rahangi 2011 tak, jamin baichan ka time aa liya sarkar ka bhi aur kuchh to na dikh ta ya jamin a dikh e se , is ke ye khare karegi sarkar.
    टोटा आया कोणी.... ल्याया गया स... चूस गए धन ने ये...... दस दस करोड़ तो सिर्फ विज्ञापन आले "भड़वे" ले गए....एब सरकारी जमीन ने बेचंगे... उस में भी पीसा खावेंगे........

टोटा आया कोणी.... ल्याया गया स... चूस गए धन ने ये...... दस दस करोड़ तो सिर्फ विज्ञापन आले "भड़वे" ले गए....एब सरकारी जमीन ने बेचंगे... उस में भी पीसा खावेंगे........
    Bhai j ya jamin na hoti to ya sarkar ar ye log kukar kam chalate, ye t tote te mar lete, ya jamin e bacha ri se. Ar ebb tak to logan ki jamin bakvaya karti sarkar ar eb kudh baiche gi.
    Sarkar ki vitiy halat patli ar MLA's ki property kai guna bad gi.
    vahi bat hai, company tote me hai par maalik munafe me hai.

Lightbulb

Bus FARE will get Increased.
    If Congress will come to power than BUS Fare ( Haryana Roadways ) will get INCREASED.

This will be to pay for deficit in budget ..which is in alarming range..even to pay WAGES to State Employees

Bus ka bhaada dugna dena ho to Congress ko vote de dena.

Haryanvis are already paying MAXIMUM fare/km compare to any other state run roadways buses in ENTIRE INDIA.

Last edited by Dheeraj24; October 4th, 2009 at 11:35 PM. Haryana elections Thread no 526

Elections te pehlem bata diya tha....eib bhi vote gero ge to no one can help!

Is there any provision to file RTI to see the govt's balance sheet..
    I think govt has to stop milking Gurgaon and distribute it everywhere.. They have to add more revenue resources (just not by issuing more challans or taxes). We need more industrialization and there must be some constitutional amendments to make sure that tax payer's money can't be wasted for Election's mainfestos.

Its pitty that we pay taxes and these b@st@rds buy russians with that money..

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    I think govt has to stop milking Gurgaon and distribute it everywhere.. They have to add more revenue resources (just not by issuing more challans or taxes). We need more industrialization and there must be some constitutional amendments to make sure that tax payer's money can't be wasted for Election's mainfestos.

40 thousand crores were left in govt accounts when Mr hooda oaths as cheif minister source by RTI

2 months before this vidhan sabha elections there is not a single penny

wasted a huge amount of money on stupid ideas , zero revenue source, public utilities .......
    now government asked for the aid of 600 crores for agriculture sector &
    500 for public utility

govt is bankrupted .......

funds is the one of the most important reasons for pre vidhan sabha elections !!:eek::eek::eek:

Think which become obvious in future

Calculation

The calculation is based on some assumptions but it can give a good Idea how much a single Bus can make profit. And still govt. is out of Money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cal..jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	3746  
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

भाई टोटा तो आम आदमी ते दिखान के नाम का आया से बस | नहीं तो मुनाफ़ा तो भतेरा होवे से सरकार नै | टैक्स बधान का कोए तो बहाना चाइये ना |
    जे टोटा ना दिखावेंगे तो अपनी गोझ क्यूकर भरेंगे ?? :boxing
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Post Idea

METRO should be introduced
    vide Haryana.

Expenses should be partly
    born by State & Centre ,
    instead of buying more &
    more buses , asking COMMISSIONS.

No need to ask for
    Centre Govt Clearance as-of-now ,
    Haryana is so near to DELHI , power seat of India.

That who-soever be governing
    Centre would like to see his/her
    party government in Haryana State.

Just give out TENDERS for bridge
    buildings & when see
    Treasury Empty ...

Come to DELHI with your Dabba...(in METRO!...:p)

BEtter WAY of GettingFrom centre
    instead of givingto 10 Janpath.

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post

The calculation is based on some assumptions but it can give a good Idea how much a single Bus can make profit. And still govt. is out of Money.
    Kudos!!
    I am sure none of HCS who are GTM of different bus depots have done this analysis in their life..

Selling Govt. land will again be a win win situation for MLAs and ministers. They will buy this land at low prices and will start their own business on it.

And regarding BPL survey, it can not be done sincerely anyway. Once i was visiting a village in Jhajjar with my father on BPL survey. Ek Chamar k ghara gaye to uske ghar mai 2 khat thi or thode bahut bartan.....jab poocha ki or saman kitt se to us chamar ka chora bolya....TV al flidgge Sulje jat te ghalan dhale se...hahaha:rock....to ya halat se....sab kimme hote hue bhi ye lootan ne hoye rah hai....
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

You can see the balance sheet here:
    http://web1.hry.nic.in/budget/Econom...%202008-09.pdf
    (page 86 onwards)

According to this, Haryana is actually running a revenue surplus and fiscal deficit is only 0.28%. The finances can't be called distressed from any angle, at least as per this report. This should be one of the better balance
    sheets amongst Indian states.

But (there is always a but), a point of concern is this:
    "The total non-developmental expenditure comprising of administrative services, organs of State, fiscal services, interest payments, pensions and miscellaneous general services, etc. is estimated at Rs. 7533.73 crore in 2008-09 (B.E.) as compared to Rs. 5481.87 crore in 2007-08 and Rs. 5015.41 crore in 2006-07. The total nondevelopmental expenditure is estimated to increase by 37.43 percent in 2008-09 (B.E.) over 2007-08 whereas this increase was 9.30 percent in 2007-08. The significant increase in non-dovelopmental expenditure during 2008-09 (B.E.) is due to
    provision of more funds under head Miscellaneous General Services."

Not sure what miscellaneous general service comprises of. Googled the term, but didn't get Haryana specific results. ICRA had listed some contributors to Misc. General Services for GoI balancesheet as "advertising, rentals, office maintenance, prizes, exhibitions
    and other services not included elsewhere".

This suggests that the govt. did splurge before the election year. I think 10 crore here and there on some campaign is a drop in the ocean (Please note I am neither favoring nor justifying it). The increase under this head is massive, suggesting systemic expenditure on populist schemes in an election year.

However, I consider the news item from the opening post as positive. According to that, the govt. is taking steps to cut down its own size. There is never a bad time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    You can see the balance sheet here:
    http://web1.hry.nic.in/budget/Econom...%202008-09.pdf
    (page 86 onwards)

According to this, Haryana is actually running a revenue surplus and fiscal deficit is only 0.28%. The finances can't be called distressed from any angle, at least as per this report. This should be one of the better balance
    sheets amongst Indian states.

But (there is always a but), a point of concern is this:
    "The total non-developmental expenditure comprising of administrative services, organs of State, fiscal services, interest payments, pensions and miscellaneous general services, etc. is estimated at Rs. 7533.73 crore in 2008-09 (B.E.) as compared to Rs. 5481.87 crore in 2007-08 and Rs. 5015.41 crore in 2006-07. The total nondevelopmental expenditure is estimated to increase by 37.43 percent in 2008-09 (B.E.) over 2007-08 whereas this increase was 9.30 percent in 2007-08. The significant increase in non-dovelopmental expenditure during 2008-09 (B.E.) is due to
    provision of more funds under head Miscellaneous General Services."

Not sure what miscellaneous general service comprises of. Googled the term, but didn't get Haryana specific results. ICRA had listed some contributors to Misc. General Services for GoI balancesheet as "advertising, rentals, office maintenance, prizes, exhibitions
    and other services not included elsewhere".

This suggests that the govt. did splurge before the election year. I think 10 crore here and there on some campaign is a drop in the ocean (Please note I am neither favoring nor justifying it). The increase under this head is massive, suggesting systemic expenditure on populist schemes in an election year.

However, I consider the news item from the opening post as positive. According to that, the govt. is taking steps to cut down its own size. There is never a bad time for that.
    Thanks for sharing this information.. I am not very good with finance but as per my understanding we are in financial state where we earn million and eat million.. so no funding for infrastructure projects..

Its a typical way of living like Punjabi Bagh's refugee.. Ghar pe loan, Mercedes loan pe aur chicken tandoori credit card pe..

Thanks for sharing this information.. I am not very good with finance but as per my understanding we are in financial state where we earn million and eat million.. so no funding for infrastructure projects..

Its a typical way of living like Punjabi Bagh's refugee.. Ghar pe loan, Mercedes loan pe aur chicken tandoori credit card pe..
    I appreciate the sentiment. There has to be more investment in infrastructure (And that is true for the whole of India, not just Haryana). But it is not like spending on infrastructure is zero. It is difficult to find the exact spending on infrastrucute from this report. But there are significant amounts under capital expenditure as well as developmental revenue expenditure. Some of this would be govt. expenditure like buying cars or on useless/debatable subsidies. But some would also be on building roads, power plants, etc.

We the people, ourselves don't have a clear economic thinking. We would wildly cheer useless subsidies on food, oil, fertilizers and electricity; which dig a much much bigger hole in state balances. Compared to that, buying a few cars would make a decimal point difference to overall balance sheet. Again, I am not justifying wasteful govt. expenditure. But the need is to focus on big items that make a difference. That is why the entire Congress drama about austerity was such a hogwash. I don't give a damn if Rahul travels in a chopper or a train. Tell me about the expenditure under NREGA and what projects it is funding with what success.

Finally, consumption as such can't be berated. The basic GDP equation is this:
    GDP = private consumption (C) + gross investment (I) + government spending (G) + (exports − imports) (X-I)

Consumption also contributes to the GDP. We can't just have no-holds-barred investment. There is no point in building bridges to nowhere. It may give us an illusion of growth, but when the bubble bursts, there will just be massive excess capacity. China may well be on that path. Ditto, there is no point in unbridled consumption. Living beyond your means is never advisable. But India is not there at all. The right example of that is the US, where they spend a million when they earn half of it. In India's case, the main problem is the govt. spending that "crowds out" private sector (both C and I), isn't directed at building infrastructure and is not efficient. We need to sort that out.