Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NRI vs Resident Indians !!!

sunil you are feeling happy bcoz kapil made NRIs villain here.you personally are not a pro-NRIs either.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Sanity.. finally.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

i am happy for you too, Ritu ji

i know you are happy for me.but are you happy with the fact that i am not in sonepat(hometown) but in harrisburg USA.
    i am happy for you too, Ritu ji

Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    i know you are happy for me.but are you happy with the fact that i am not in sonepat(hometown) but in harrisburg USA.
    No Ritu ji, i am happy for you... irrespectively. I am a happy person basically (.. and acidically). Believe me.

its bothways.I have personally exp.this on very site.indirectly i m being told not to write patriotic poems and called greedy.and this is a very general sentiment.post number 2 is a perfect example of it http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...7462-haar-jeet
    But of course Rituji. Comment like what you got is another example of narrow bandwidth. Greed is a much misunderstood word. Show me a person who doesn't act in his/her self interest. To make an issue of where one works is as silly as it gets in this globalised world. Some one choosing to stay within India does it because of several factors before the "oh I'd serve my country". I am not even sure how you serve your country by working like anyone else? By paying taxes? Have people heard of remittances and their contribution to Indian growth story? And the reasons why India is considered intellectual/IT power? More on it later...

sunil you are feeling happy bcoz kapil made NRIs villain here.you personally are not a pro-NRIs either.
    Why'd I make a villain of myself? Being anti-NRI would be anti-me. That doesn't even make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Why'd I make a villain of myself? Being anti-NRI would be anti-me. That doesn't even make sense...
    well Kapil, last half of Ritu ji's post is correct. i am not Pro-NRI... for that matter neither a Pro-RI. If there is any "Pro- " that i am; it would be Pro-Sunil. :D

Anyways, i am not an anti-NRI either. Frankly speaking, i have no idea why Ritu ji see me as an Anti-NRI!! hell... most of my good friends are NRI :O (yeah, i disagreed with Ritu ji'd post that Americans are holier-than-thou, and counter viewed Sumit Dahiya's post related with police) BUT anti-NRI,.. hardly think so!! Rather... recently i posted something against a post which i believed was totally biased against NRIs. Link, Post 11 http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post237874
    Don't see any reason in categorizing people as NRIs and non-NRIs.
    I may disagree with someone's views.. that does not mean i disrespect him/her or i am "anti-that fellow". Everybody is entitled to his/her own views and personally i duly respect that. (After all, thats what Einstein's Theory of Relativity is all about :D )
    Last edited by sunillathwal; February 6th, 2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Link added

Sunil, the essence of the thread is - NRI versus RI........abb aap do naao mein kaise sawaar ho sakte hai?......

Regards,
    Opportunist
    well Kapil, last half of Ritu ji's post is correct. i am not Pro-NRI... for that matter neither a Pro-RI. If there is any "Pro- " that i am; it would be Pro-Sunil. :D

Anyways, i am not an anti-NRI either. Frankly speaking, i have no idea why Ritu ji see me as an Anti-NRI!! hell... most of my good friends are NRI :O (yeah, i disagreed with Ritu ji'd post that Americans are holier-than-thou, and counter viewed Sumit Dahiya's post related with police) BUT anti-NRI,.. hardly think so!! Rather... recently i posted something against a post which i believed was totally biased against NRIs. Link, Post 11 http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post237874
    Don't see any reason in categorizing people as NRIs and non-NRIs.
    I may disagree with someone's views.. that does not mean i disrespect him/her or i am "anti-that fellow". Everybody is entitled to his/her own views and personally i duly respect that. (After all, thats what Einstein's Theory of Relativity is all about :D )

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    Sunil, the essence of the thread is - NRI versus RI........abb aap do naao mein kaise sawaar ho sakte hai?......

Regards,
    Opportunist
    Anju, do ki to chhodo... mein to ek bhi naav mein sawar naa hoon (neither Anti-NRI nor Anti-RI); balki main to khud independently tair raha hoon... kham-kha(Pro-Sunil). :D
    [Got introduced in this thread just by appreciating Kapil (NRI)'s post and somehow as anti-NRI.]

i would like to see you happy neutrally(ph=7)....and i m also happy for you.QUOTE=sunillathwal;239182]No Ritu ji, i am happy for you... irrespectively. I am a happy person basically (.. and acidically). Believe me. [/QUOTE]

100% Catamaran!

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    ... essence of the thread is - NRI versus RI........do naao mein kaise sawaar ho sakte hai?.....
    Hmmm.... Achcha?....per ek naav mein hi rehna zaroori hai kya?...what about linking them both like a "Catamaran" (a type of multihulled boat or ship consisting of two hulls!).... Maybe that would really help the mudslinging once we realize it is just 'Indians' we are talking about!... Period.

ps. ....Or wait; by chance you too not 'trying' to NOT be "judgmental" by same time categorizing a certain populace (and assigning them a random percentage too) as needing to behave this way or that way!?!

----------
    (Disclaimer: ...and please, No pun intended on any disillusioned, highly confused....and/or poker playing flip-flops!)
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    Aare Sayanm rakkhein, Yudishter…sayannm!!!

…Booddhe log sein, inki baat a buraa na manntein….eb yo bhaiyee pakk liye, en-nae eeb koi ‘nayee’ baat samagh konya aanti…

[LOL @ the “Smart Buoy”!!! (Definition: A buoy is a floating device, half in the water that can have many different purposes. It can be anchored (stationary) or allowed to drift…) Lo kall lo baat, to bhaiyee samagh lo - ya 'koop-mandook' bhains to gayee paani mein….!!!]

Look, the important thing to observe here is that some folks are simply like ‘Bhaand’s’ (after trolls:D)….apna ‘Dhol’ sa liye kisi bhi (read : all) threads pae post kare ja sein, phaer koi respond kare bhi ka na……………………
    Aer phaer eeb India ki unnati kae liye ennae koi “uzephull” kaam karan ka phokatt time milta bhi ho to kyunkarr!?!... Saara din to ude beet ja hai… (girtae hue baalan mein saande ka tael la bhait ja hein computer dhore, doosrae bhatkae hue logan nae uksa-uksa kae baaniye ki dhaal mazaa lein khatir!!!)...

....Jaago Hindustaan mein rehnae waale (young) Hindustaaniyon jaago…., en bhaidye ki khaal mein chupae budhele ‘geedan’ sae bacho! (aer haan, this also applies to that Mr.Thackaray too….which one? All of ‘em)

Note: Aer haan bhaiyee, kisi nae baat smagah mein na aiyee ho to doosrae thread pae ‘finger litmus test’ chaep rakhya sae…. Confused people please try it at home, no trained professional or controlled environment required!
    :rolleyes:
    MM

Meri te samaj me aagi k keh se...........................

Bhaand te bhaand e rehga MM mentality hoja se ne, doosrya k dhorey te bhi gujrega to baas thawta jaga eb badia kaam te kare kukar eb kisey ne sikhaye ho te kare, jo seekh rakhya se wo te karan lagrya se bhaand.

Shailendra,
    Me judgemental???.....Naah!!!....I am not very fond of boat rides......unless it is a catamaran....

@Brahm,
    Going back to original post, NRI versus RI demarcation is in the mind set of only a few JL members, and most of the times it is used as a trump card when their every other arguement fails. Others are just happy to be Indian or jat, irrespective of where they are living.
    (The government of India also does not demarcate between RI and NRI.)

Shailendra and you hammered home a point that RI-Jlanders stand to be judged for their motive of anti-NRI tirade just as these RIs keep stereotyping NRIs....

Samar, Vivek, Ritu ji, Kapil, Poonam.....directly or indirectly pointed to living life with our own choices (and the inherent trade-offs) whether we are in or outside India.....I am in the same "boat".....

Rest is all ......aap-aap, mein-mein......

Regards.
    Hmmm.... Achcha?....per ek naav mein hi rehna zaroori hai kya?...what about linking them both like a "Catamaran" (a type of multihulled boat or ship consisting of two hulls!).... Maybe that would really help the mudslinging once we realize it is just 'Indians' we are talking about!... Period.

ps. ....Or wait; by chance you too not 'trying' to NOT be "judgmental" by same time categorizing a certain populace (and assigning them a random percentage too) as needing to behave this way or that way!?!

----------
    (Disclaimer: ...and please, No pun intended on any disillusioned, highly confused....and/or poker playing flip-flops!)

On Contribution of NRIs...

On those who think NRIs are gaddars OR have no right to think/feel/speak about India OR have no made no contribution to India, here you go....

India is the top recipient of migrant recipients, totalling approx. 50bn dollars. This is approx. 4.5% of Indian GDP, a very significant amount.
    http://blogs.worldbank.org/peoplemov...of-remittances
    http://www.oifc.in/Uploads/MediaType...heDiaspora.pdf

And this doesn't even include multiplier effect. To understand full benefits of NRIs/remittances, one can read this paper. The author is a reputed economist and works with RBI.
    http://www.drnarendrajadhav.info/drn...ia-revised.pdf

Let me give a few take aways from the report:

1. Theoretically, a country with full employment would suffer if some labor leaves workforce as production would have to go down. But India is a labor surplus state. Hence, immigration from India not only reduces unemployment within India, but also increases the per capita income of the country as these immigrants send money back to home.

2. The 4.5% is just the amount of remittance divided by GDP. It doesn't take into account how remittances have a multiplier effect on the aggregate demand itself. In simple words, when an NRI sends money to his folks in India, he increases their disposable income- they go out and buy goods and services, which add to the GDP of the country.

3. India's trade balance is always in negative as imports (oil, defense, machinery, etc.) always exceed the exports. But the current account deficit gets considerable support from these remittances. In 2000, the remittances were 74% of the trade deficit (page 7). And they also help India in building forex reserves to avoid Balance of Payment crisis like that of 1990.

4. The 50bn dollar number doesn't include the foreign deposits that NRIs maintain with Indian banks. This again is a source of forex for India and also provides banks with money to lend against. The subsequent lending to individuals, businesses, etc. is important for the growth of the economy.

Now, the above is just the remittances and deposits. It doesn't include the foreign direct investments or investments in the share markets. Or the contributions to charities, institutions, etc. And yeah, before some restless soul starts jumping to conclusions, I am not saying that these investments are patriotic in nature. Why should they be? Even resident Indians don't take their economic decisions based on patriotism.

Anyways, the above is about hard monetary contributions. One also needs to think of the soft power that India gains because of its large diaspora. One of the reasons for the upswing in India-US relationship is the influential Indian diaspora in the US. The NRIs are a window to India for the outside world. Nobody does business with an unknown entity. NRIs influence foreigners' business decisions on many fronts from investing in India to purchasing Indian goods and services. They are also becoming a huge market for some Indian products like Bollywood.

And before someone actively tries to misunderstand, the above is just my analysis on one of the questions that Brahm had put forth. It is not a justification for becoming an NRI. You don't need one. Your right to choose your destiny is enough.
    Last edited by kapdal; February 6th, 2010 at 02:08 PM.

Cool

On those who think NRIs are gaddars OR have no right to think/feel/speak about India OR have no made no contribution to India, here you go....

India is the top recipient of migrant recipients, totalling approx. 50bn dollars. This is approx. 4.5% of Indian GDP, a very significant amount.
    http://blogs.worldbank.org/peoplemov...of-remittances
    http://www.oifc.in/Uploads/MediaType...heDiaspora.pdf

And this doesn't even include multiplier effect. To understand full benefits of NRIs/remittances, one can read this paper. The author is a reputed economist and works with RBI.
    http://www.drnarendrajadhav.info/drn...ia-revised.pdf

Let me give a few take aways from the report:

1. Theoretically, a country with full employment would suffer if some labor leaves workforce as production would have to go down. But India is a labor surplus state. Hence, immigration from India not only reduces unemployment within India, but also increases the per capita income of the country as these immigrants send money back to home.

2. The 4.5% is just the amount of remittance divided by GDP. It doesn't take into account how remittances have a multiplier effect on the aggregate demand itself. In simple words, when an NRI sends money to his folks in India, he increases their disposable income- they go out and buy goods and services, which add to the GDP of the country.

3. India's trade balance is always in negative as imports (oil, defense, machinery, etc.) always exceed the exports. But the current account deficit gets considerable support from these remittances. In 2000, the remittances were 74% of the trade deficit (page 7). And they also help India in building forex reserves to avoid Balance of Payment crisis like that of 1990.

4. The 50bn dollar number doesn't include the foreign deposits that NRIs maintain with Indian banks. This again is a source of forex for India and also provides banks with money to lend against. The subsequent lending to individuals, businesses, etc. is important for the growth of the economy.

Now, the above is just the remittances and deposits. It doesn't include the foreign direct investments or investments in the share markets. Or the contributions to charities, institutions, etc. And yeah, before some restless soul starts jumping to conclusions, I am not saying that these investments are patriotic in nature. Why should they be? Even resident Indians don't take their economic decisions based on patriotism.

Anyways, the above is about hard monetary contributions. One also needs to think of the soft power that India gains because of its large diaspora. One of the reasons for the upswing in India-US relationship is the influential Indian diaspora in the US. The NRIs are a window to India for the outside world. Nobody does business with an unknown entity. NRIs influence foreigners' business decisions on many fronts from investing in India to purchasing Indian goods and services. They are also becoming a huge market for some Indian products like Bollywood.

And before someone actively tries to misunderstand, the above is just my analysis on one of the questions that Brahm had put forth. It is not a justification for becoming an NRI. You don't need one. Your right to choose your destiny is enough.
    Bahut badia likha hai bhai.

But this money flows to India because of capability of Indian market to generate returns, U can compare Bank Interest rates in Uk & India, GDP growth rates, foreign currency dep. . Ye to paise ki destiny hai India me aana.

Baki patriotism, to Residents kaun sa teer gad de se.

Every citizen has its own role to play to the success story of an Nation, be it RI or NRI.

Quote Originally Posted by rajkphogat View Post
    (<<< very very smaat buoy)- Thunkoo Bhai

My replies in bold Italic
    [LOL @ the “Smart Buoy”!!! (Definition: A buoy is a floating device, half in the water that can have many different purposes. It can be anchored (stationary) or allowed to drift…) Lo kall lo baat, to bhaiyee samagh lo - ya 'koop-mandook' bhains to gayee paani mein….!!!]
    न्यू क्यूँकर जान दूं भैंस नै झोड़ में. भाई सै यो मेरा... अर फौगाट.

पर भाई सुन ले... या जो मन्नै smaat buoy/v. smaat buoy/v.v. smaat buoy कहा था, वा तेरी ताईं कोन्या था. वा तो smaat NRI ताईं था. पर तू राज्जी हो लिया, कोई बात ना... किम्मे खून तै बढ्या ही होगा.

Quote Originally Posted by rajkphogat View Post
    MM

Meri te samaj me aagi k keh se...........................

Bhaand te bhaand e rehga MM mentality hoja se ne, doosrya k dhorey te bhi gujrega to baas thawta jaga eb badia kaam te kare kukar eb kisey ne sikhaye ho te kare, jo seekh rakhya se wo te karan lagrya se bhaand.
    अब और सुन लै... रेफेर समर's सिगनेचर... "as you think, so shall you become". तो भाई बात या सै अक इतना भी तू भांड कोन्या, बात सारी समझ ले सै.

अर और सुन, दिखे बुरा मन्ना मानिये, बड्डा भाई सूं तेरा, अक थोड़ी हाँ खिचाई भी कर ली... तो that is only in good humor. देख तेरी ताईं इस्माइली भी ला दी >>>

p.s. : other replies to follow, later...
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Thumbs up

Your right to choose your destiny is enough.
    For me this settles everything.

abto sabko saant karna padega

Brahm saab and all others, ( I LL WRITE BACK AGAIN WITH MORE JAI HIND )
    Chalo main sab se mafi mangta hoon kii mera remark sahi nahi laga aap logo ko. I take my words back but still i have so much to say. ab pointwise hi likna padega.

YEH SABH PADKE MERE NRI BHAI PUCHENGE KII MAINE INDIA MEIN RAHKE KE KYA KAR LIYA. WOH TO TIME HII BATYEGA. SO DONT ASK PLS

1) in Realty A Indian is a Indian there is nothing called resident indian or Non resident Indian. These are banking terms.
    2) Answer the question: how much %age of NRI are taxi drivers or other occupations like that for which they leave India. One wanna make it big than n make it big here. I know possibility of making it big here is less , than one cant make it a reason to leave India. People sell their land to go outside and they do have visa stamp of US but what they do there----everybody knows.
    3) Answer This- who is Indian TATA or Mittal , As a indian ,who u think has done more for India, TATA or Mittal. But i still feel happy that goras are working under Mittal , infact i saw in a magzine a gora was fanning while mittal was having tea.
    4) aisa to ho nahi sakta kii in US or outside in european countries or developed countries our NRI brothers dont see racism and derogatory remarks against them. But some how woh log apna gussa pii jate hai kyonki rehna to bahar hii hai. well gandhi ne galti nahi kii aur wapis aa gaya. Woh wapis kyu aaya kyunki South Africa beth kii kuch nahi kya ja sakta tha.

Well here few points of our beloved NRI thrown at us
    1)visa ki line mein lage paache juti maar kae wapas bhej diya kae?...

hum logo ko visa nahi milta --we are narrow minded. well visa jaisi choti baat kon log karte hai. VERY INTELLIGENT HAI MR SAILENDRA
    2) woh log English mein likhte hai-How about it's time for once to get off your lazy backside in order to then safely extract your own finger and smell that stuck-up 'holy-than-thou' appendage.
    GOOD THINGS THEY LEARN THERE.

MORE ABT THEM---- they will speak in American accent, have u ever seen a American speaking english in Indian Accent.

I agree India mein bahut problems hai-- woh marathi manoos karne wale bewkoof gadhe bhi hai , iss baat se gussa hoke patna mein train burn karne wale gadhe bhi hai , mayawati or laloo bhi , yahan traffic sense nahi hai , yahan gandgi hai , yahan papulation and pollution hai .
    SAB PROBLEMS HONE KEE BAAD BHI YE APNA DESH HAI.

fOREIGN JANA HAI TO TOURIST KEE TARAH JAO , YA PHIR BOSS BANKE JAO. APNE LIYE DO PAISE AUR DO ROTIYO KE LIYE NAHI. hINDUSTAN 100 CR SE UPPER LOGO KA PET BARTA HAI KUCH CRORE NRI WAPIS BHI AA GAYE TO KOI FARAK NAHI PADEGA. JO SIRF APNE LIYE JEETA HAI WOH TO FOREIGN MEIN JAKE BAS JAYE BUT JAHAN RAHE WOH WAHIN KA, INDIA KA NAHI. JISS TARAH EK MAA HOTI HAI WAISE HI EK DESH HOTA HAI. NRI KHUD DECIDE KARE WOH KISS DESH KE HAI.

BAHAR JA KE KOI TEER NAHI MARA. WAISE Mr bharm burma, somalia, combodia or haiti or some other pig-shyt country , even people migrated there are also called NRI.

bHAI LOGO AAJ KE BAAD SIRF SOUTH AFRICA , US OR EUROPE MEIN REHNE WALO KO NRI KEHNA

Dear Mr Dhull,
    My revert in inserts
    Just a thought, would you have taken back your words, offered an apology if Brahm and Shailendra had not come down heavily on your far-from-polite post?
    Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by hsdhull View Post
    1) in Realty A Indian is a Indian there is nothing called resident indian or Non resident Indian. (If you truly believe this, then what's the arguement all about?)
    2) Answer the question: how much %age of NRI are taxi drivers or other occupations like that for which they leave India. One wanna make it big than n make it big here. I know possibility of making it big here is less , than one cant make it a reason to leave India. People sell their land to go outside and they do have visa stamp of US but what they do there----everybody knows.(Ref:Malviya Nagar, New Delhi: Most of the families have someone who is either driving a taxi or cleaning toilets in foreign land. In return, their families are living a comfortable life, owning property, kids studying in good schools in India. What do you have to say about them? They should stay in India and do nothing or clean toilets/drive taxi in India?)
    4) aisa to ho nahi sakta kii in US or outside in european countries or developed countries our NRI brothers dont see racism and derogatory remarks against them. But some how woh log apna gussa pii jate hai kyonki rehna to bahar hii hai. well gandhi ne galti nahi kii aur wapis aa gaya. Woh wapis kyu aaya kyunki South Africa beth kii kuch nahi kya ja sakta tha.(You will find good, bad and ugly everywhere....in your travels across the world, did you not experience this?)
    [/COLOR][/FONT]
    Last edited by annch; February 7th, 2010 at 02:41 AM.

mr. dhull jo boss ban k gyye hai ya tourist ban k gyye hai vo na bhi jaate to koi farak nahi paddta.aur jo wakai me roti aur char paisso k liye gaye hai unke liye to bahut badi achievement hai.they send money to their parents back home or get their sisters married.no body else would have done it for them.na to aap aavoge unki madad karan na bharat sarkar.vaise i know lot of ppl in merchant navy who do the same for their family.ab ship p raho ya dusre country me baat to ek hi hai.aapne kyu nahi aisa profession dhunda jisme desh me hi rahtte.army join kyu nahi ki ya fer navy.why merchant navy?? [QUOTE=hsdhull;239245]

fOREIGN JANA HAI TO TOURIST KEE TARAH JAO , YA PHIR BOSS BANKE JAO. APNE LIYE DO PAISE AUR DO ROTIYO KE LIYE NAHI. hINDUSTAN 100 CR SE UPPER LOGO KA PET BARTA HAI KUCH CRORE NRI WAPIS BHI AA GAYE TO KOI FARAK NAHI PADEGA. JO SIRF APNE LIYE JEETA HAI WOH TO FOREIGN MEIN JAKE BAS JAYE BUT JAHAN RAHE WOH WAHIN KA, INDIA KA NAHI. JISS TARAH EK MAA HOTI HAI WAISE HI EK DESH HOTA HAI. NRI KHUD DECIDE KARE WOH KISS DESH KE HAI.

BAHAR JA KE KOI TEER NAHI MARA.