Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NRI vs Resident Indians !!!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    i dont think he has any spine to answer any of the points raised by me, shail, karan, kapil, ritu or yudhvir. hasn't answered any one of them, yet. initially i thought that shail was a bit too heavy on him, but i realize now that he was not. in fact mr. dhull (... and others of his like) does deserve a 'finger litmus test'.

hhhaaa, you talking of remorse? (any sort of) ???

na naaa... he is just an escapist... but he'll show it big... (some day) so lets not talk about him. samar was right in his post, earlier on the thread... but then, i wanted this topic to come up for discussion... didn't realized that i'll meet such 'damp squibs'.

... nd look here, the guy who hardly had 10 posts to his credit before taking that 'finger litmus test', now wanna talk big nd good things.

p.s. : this should not be taken as any sort of personal attack... but the FACT remains.

Tewatia Ji, don't forget that it is a online community. If somebody says something objectionable and then takes his words back then such move should be appreciated. If Mr. HS Dhull didn't take his words back then who would do what of him? He is a gentleman who not only took his words back but also didn't reply in same 'foreign culture' manner. In India I think no one has heard about this 'finger litmus test'. I am afraid that as a fresher faces ragging in any college in same way freshers faces such test in foreign land? That guy (Mr. Dhull) had just 6-7 post before. When a new guy starts posting here he thinks he will rule the roost here and prevail upon all others. But when one passes some time here then one realizes that all are like family members here and then one's behaviour changes. The same must have happened with Mr. Dhull. So it just shows your rudeness that you are continously trying to humiliate that guy.
    In post #74 I failed to understand as to why have you quoted me again? Those lines were just for Ankit Dalal like NRIs and not for all NRIs. Actually I have heard about many NRIs (specially Punjabi and South Indian background) who married RI girls and then tortured them badly to death. There are atleast 20 such incidents I have heard. But in Jats that was first case I heard. So in excitement I wrote in such a manner that my lines seemed to be written for all NRIs. So I correct that those lines were for bad NRIs who are just countable on fingers. And all NRIs here on Jatland are very good human beings. I don't have any malice for them.

upender ji gud to see your apnapan for fellow jatlanders.I also understand that you wrote earlier driven by that particular incident.you have never been to america so you do not exactly knows how ppl live here.gud and bad ppl are everywhere.you can not blame any country for someones deeds.a bad RI will be a bad NRI or vice versa .cruises are the easiest way to hide murder crimes may be that is reason mrs chikkara was brought here .as compared to india ,indian women feel much safer here.I m friends with lot of sikh women whose husbands are illiterate but they let their wives study here and most of them are doing respectable jobs like nurses and computer programers.these women help their poor families back in india also.their husbands mostly own gas stations or work as mail carrier.coming to akshays point of bollywood movies inspired patriotism .i will say its my mother face in my eyes which is with me all the way to india .no scenes from srk or karan johar movie(bollywood movies are the source for that kind of indianism for second generation indians who do not even feel that they even belong to india and never claims for attachments toward it like we are doing) .from the very first day i start doing chores like jhaadu pocha bartan at my in laws house which surprises my frends living in india.bcoz most of them have full time maids.they can live with out husband for a week but not one time in day without bai.i treat ppl even strangers,rickshawala ,waiter politely than people there.I have met a few jatlanders in india and they can tell you that i m no different than them in any way.living in america for more than 10 yrs has not changed me a bit.so please do not blame any country for ppls behaviour.if some people do act weird its their upbringing or true character.coming to complaining point even in india when ppl go from cities to village they do complain of certain things like water elecricity. so what if some nris have complained of dhull mitti or other things.
    Last edited by ritu; February 11th, 2010 at 09:03 AM.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Quote Originally Posted by upendersingh View Post
    But in Jats that was first case I heard. So in excitement I wrote in such a manner that my lines seemed to be written for all NRIs. So I correct that those lines were for bad NRIs who are just countable on fingers. And all NRIs here on Jatland are very good human beings. I don't have any malice for them.
    उपेंदर जी नमस्कार,

आपका पत्र मिला, जानकार अतयन्त प्रस्सन्नता हुई, की आपने "हूगो बॉस" का काला चश्मा उतार फेंका है. मैं आपके पुनर्जीवित (विध आउट कला चश्मा of "हूगो बॉस") विचारों से पूर्णतः सरोकार रखता हूँ, और आशा करता हूँ की आप और आपके मित्रगन अपने इमोसंस (एक्साईटमेंट) पे कण्ट्रोल रखेंगे.

मुझे यह जानकार भी अतयन्त प्रस्सन्नता हुई, की आपकी खोई हुई भेंस भी पुनः प्राप्त हो गई है. ओनेस्टली स्पीकिंग... दिल खुसी से (बाई गौड़) garden garden हो रहा है.

आपका स्नेही
    ब्रह्म प्रकाश
    तेवतिया

! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

.... and everyone lived happily ever after!!

Dukhad kahani ka sukhad annt.............

Dear All,

This issue of NRI etc was debated few years back on JL. I have not been able to retrieve my post from that thread. If some Moderator can, please do so. I will share my thoughts for sure though.

All this is needless. We all should be ONE if we are not. I may sound primitive but I learnt it in third standard that unity is strength; remember that Char Lakdiyaon wali kahani? I don’t understand the reason of anyone objecting to either; people who don’t want to leave their country and those chose to do so for whatever reasons. How can someone dictate to the other as to whether his/her decision was correct or not? Who has given us the authority to ask as to for what reason people left their shores and went to distant lands? And who has given the authority to those who are now NRI to ask the natives here as to why are we here? Even an illiterate person will say “Mind your own business”. Everyone’s liberty ends where the other person’s nose starts. That was that and now the topic.

India has been plundered by all and sundry since time immemorial and yet it survives. Muslims here have more liberty than what they have in S Arabia (Haath kaat diye jaate hain chori karne pe or yahaan Mr Kasab has biryani), Christians are free to propagate their faith and Parsis chose to settle here. Dalai Lama has been a ‘Bateau’ since 1959. Hindus here can follow whichever Baba they want to follow. Freedom is there all around. One can do whatever one wants to do. One can puke, crap, bathe or cook in the middle of a national highway and yet care two hoots. I love this land for it gives total freedom in the truest sense. No where in the world can such a mass of humanity survive by only demanding and not doing. Come to think of it, this is what real ‘Swaraj’ is. Frankly speaking, even if I had the opportunity I would not want to shift to any other land. 1500 rupiye mahinye mein teen naukar mil jyan sein. Kun bartan manje apne!

A word about the NRI. It is not easy to excel in one’s field and then compete with the west in their own backyard and do better than them. It takes guts to venture out and only those who are truly committed can take the risk of leaving home and hearth. It is not easy and I know it from personal experience. Sonepat se Karnataka (where I was schooled) itna e dur hoga jitna Madrid te London. The mistake some of you make is not adopting the culture of your ‘Karambhoomi’. You must not shy away from respecting the culture of whichever land you have chosen to migrate to. Ib kuchh to hain in foreign lands mein jo Sardaar containers mein fhnsh ke jaave hain. I know you all have helped your kitn and kin back home and will continue to do so but don’t worry about India too much. The worst that can happen to us is that we can again become ‘Gulaam’. No problem, actually no other people have the experience of remaining ‘Gulaam’ as we have. JAT to Gulami mein bhi independent thay. Therefore, keep doing well wherever you are.

Best regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

You know, at the end of the day...it is not really just a simple discussion closureone cannot really tell anyone else where they can or cannot live or work” after all, is it?... That would be like putting it too simply and condoning such behaviors for the future… and that’ what I think I have a problem with!........
    I personally would say that I think this whole discussion has more to do with the deep seated boorish manners and narrow upbringing that forces a person to be offensive and rude at a public forum where rather than have the guts to point out an evil, the person(s) prefers to target a whole group... ensuring that by segregating a larger populace one is quite safe from the projected stigma on himself

Well, that’s where I want to take a departure from the polite, sincere and earnest, research oriented, and/or clear explanations (sorry but it really doesn't work!) that my other most esteemed jatlanders seem to have tried to present every now and then to such uncouth individuals that would not know their history even if it hit them on the head…

Bhaiyee, iseliyae I to firmly believe that ‘laato kae bhoot baton sae nahee mantein’

After all who are these folks? New members? Jats? Educated folks? Trolls? Bhands? Or all of the above?.... well, it doesn’t really matter cause aside of obviously not making any real friends here (besides maybe the narad muni’s of the online world! LOL!) They would only be known forever for their nuisance value and as is obvious here - probably would even band together to defend each other’s outlandish statements ....and quite likely in the future too…

So while I sincerely uphold for example Col. Malik’s most recent...and must say quite excellent post that should lay to rest finally this whole issue, I would also still go a bit rouge and say (warn) we would and should make it a point to completely alienate such ‘rude and instigating’ language whenever it is posted (undoubtedly trying as it is to jumpstart a war of words!) and call them at their bluff… because as is now quite apparent the moment that real collective resistance against such deeply dividing and offensive behavior happens; these individuals immediately become a mass of mumbling, bumbling nervous wrecks….like cornered rats!

Yes sure, in the process one had to stoop to that level and make (a whole bunch of) offensive statements yourself; well… geez, ok...I am busted! :rolleyes:... But then I hate the fact that people like that would post and get away with it, with the more decent, other well-wishing folks then making polite, instructive statements that then again and again get ridiculed and trashed by such trolls….

I particularily think it gets really unacceptable when even some regular members and folks (like Brahm ....and/or even Ritu for example); folks that have usually tried and have presented balanced, intituive and genuine posts in the past are brought to flustered levels by such uncaring and irresponsible remarks (from folks of their own community on a common Jat portal, of all places!!!)… and so having said that I am willing to be that ‘rouge’ element here if it gives anyone the satisfaction to point fingers (waise bhi mera kae ukhaad lenge! ...can PM me if you wanna give it a shot!) ...be that other bad (two wrongs, one right kinda) guy as long as someone can happily give these folks what they are trying to dish out….. More importantly, let no one think that just by being “Jats” and posting something here (and apologizing in covered tongues) one can get cleanly away while filthing up the whole site… [after all how many other threads already have had the aftereffects of this useless discussion?...]….......so yup, that’s a big NO… you better be then willing to talk the talk, and walk the walk… !!!

----------
    ps. Let there be no confusion --- the ‘litmus finger-test’ is for all uncouth/idiotic Indians be wherever they live or reside (mostly in holes, I would think!) … you those are after all the real “desh-drohiyees”, the war-mongers, regionlistic sadists, and finger-pointing spineless individuals need to do it to become aware of the syndrome that comes on sitting on your a$$ and passing judgments to all and sundry, for just too long…
    ... in fact, here’s the best part –some of you can probably smell that stale air without even having to do the test…and well, so already know who you are!!! :p
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Why Haven't We RIs Produced the Talent Like Kalpana Chawla & Sunita Williams?

We RIs always try to prove that we are far better than our NRIs brothers. But we are no where to those, at least in certain fields. Are we? If yes then why haven't we produced Kalpana Chawla & Sunita Williams like astronauts so far? We haven't been capable to land on moon yet and we feel very happy in bragging that we are among the top countries of the world in space research. We hardly have a 'Rakesh Sharma' after that who somehow succeeded in making it to the space.
    How can we have such talents? We let our most talented brains head abroad. Our government doesn't want to pay them according to their talent and we just remain gawking at them when they aboard the plane with their packed luggage. But still there is a ray of hope. All of them are not successful in abroad and mostly of them just feel happy to put on cartoon like wears impressing others with their old shots and in real they are not better than they might be in India, but they just want to prove that they are among the best in the world. The reality is this that there are millions in this world like those. They should ask themselves what have they done in their life? They will get no sufficient answer because they have done nothing such they can be proud of. (Yaha babbu kahega mera chhora to udee vilayat mein sai arr udde chhora apni jindagi barbaad karne ke alaava aur kuchh bhi nahi kar raha hoga).
    Why doesn't our government do something effective to get such &$$h@les back to India? There in abroad no one is to tell them how to grow in related field because local foreigners will never want Indians to grow there. If someone will try to do so they will be angry. "How can one dare to tell us? We are the selfmade Lord of this World." They react. Indian Government should stop this brain drain and go for the brain gain. Due to recession it is the high time to lure those talented NRIs who are just wasting their time there and not coming to India because here they think will not get so much amount as they will get there as soon as this remaining recession is over.
    Last edited by upendersingh; February 13th, 2010 at 12:51 AM.

We haven't been capable to land on moon yet and we feel very happy in bragging that we are among the top countries of the world in space research. .....

.... We hardly have a 'Rakesh Sharma' after that who was taken to the moon not because of his talent in real but because of Russians'

Small corrections:

Upender ji, India's space credentials are better than many of the developed nations and it is a FACT. Let's not take this away from ISRO scientists who have slogged-hard (with lot of restrictions) to make India's space program what it is today.

.... and Rakesh Sharma did NOT go ( or taken by Russain) to moon! He went in space.

Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Small corrections:

Upender ji, India's space credentials are better than many of the developed nations and it is a FACT. Let's not take this away from ISRO scientists who have slogged-hard (with lot of restrictions) to make India's space program what it is today.

.... and Rakesh Sharma did NOT go ( or taken by Russain) to moon! He went in space.

Thanks Sunil. Necessary corrections have been made.

Dear Upendra,

Please read this article and several of your doubts will get cleared:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/28/bu...pagewanted=all

Now coming back to some of your points:

Indians are as much successful abroad as in India. I would ask what people like us have done in India that NRIs in similar jobs have not done outside? Can you elaborate how a person who is abroad destroys his life?

Indians who are abroad has achieved a lot -

1) They are PM / Presidents (in countries like Singapore, Fiji, Mauritius)
    2) Few years back Canadian Finanace Minister was Indian
    3) There are lots of Senators in US and UK who are of Indian descent
    4) Bobby Jindal is gov of a state in US (equivalent to Chief Minister in India)
    5) Sanjay Gupta of CNN is a very respected brain surgeon and journalist
    6) Lakshmi Mittal, Swaraj Paul
    7) Our current MoS of Foriegn Affairs - Shashi Tharoor was asst secy general of UN
    8) Several Nobel Laureates are of Indian origin

You will find Indians cleaning the floors on airport to having become CEOs.

They should ask themselves what have they done in their life? They will get no sufficient answer because they have done nothing such they can be proud of. (Yaha babbu kahega mera chhora to udee vilayat mein sai arr udde chhora apni jindagi barbaad karne ke alaava aur kuchh bhi nahi kar raha hoga).
    Why doesn't our government do something effective to get such &$$h@les back to India? There in abroad no one is to tell them how to grow in related field because local foreigners will never want Indians to grow there.

Ek or baat jod doo:

- Majority of RIs go abroad to earn money. They work and pay their taxes.

RIs
    - Majority of business man in India dont pay real taxes
    - Majority of bureacrats and govt servants are corrupt

Who will you say is better? A person who is in India and doing bad things by misusing power (jis thaali mei kha rahe hai usi mei ched kar rahe hai) or a person who goes abroad and dont cause any trouble to any of the RIs.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay123 View Post
    Indians are as much successful abroad as in India. I would ask what people like us have done in India that NRIs in similar jobs have not done outside? Can you elaborate how a person who is abroad destroys his life?

My friend,
    If you are content then you will not thrive. If you want someone to move ahead then tease him. If you want your aspiring athlete brother to grow then don't say him that 'you are very good athlete.' Tease him with such lines-'you will never win any reputed title in your life if you work hard so little.' Then he will be aggressive and attempt more seriously.
    I have read many times that mostly talented Indians head abroad because they don't get expected amount here. I also have read that when some big amounts were offered to them many of them returned here. That's what I wanted to say.

http://www.intralmedia.com/dailym1.php?v=xc7upe watch this video from 7:05 to 8:30 minutes
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

I watched MNIK yesterday and there was a scene where SRK as an autistic boy came home confused about hindu muslim differences. The mom of SRK in movie (she was a muslim widow housewife in this movie, earning her living by kadhai bunai) tells him that basically there are only 2 kind of people in this world:

1) Good people who do good deeds
    2) Bad people who do bad deeds

Immediately while watching that scene this thread came to my mind. So true. It does not matter whether one is RI or NRI. There are both good and bad people in both RIs and NRIs, so just because of few bad people it's not good to label the entire RI or NRI community as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    http://www.intralmedia.com/dailym1.php?v=xc7upe watch this video from 7:05 to 8:30 minutes

Thumbs up Sports........ and "us" Proud Indians!!!

...Hmmmm..... btw Vancouver (Canada) Winter Olympics 2010 just started yesterday....

Here's a (very small teeny-weeny) piece of news that may be appropriate to share on this thread..........

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...#ixzz0fSfC7B25

----
    ps. On a side note......huge kudos for these sportspersons to be representing the nation in a sport that few have even heard about....and one can only imagine the hardships they must have gone thru simply to even train and be ready to compete in such an uncommon sport (in India)!....so Guys, no matter what the outcome- You still are ...Olympians!!! :D:D:D
    (from a very Proud Indian) :rolleyes:....
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Bhai Shailendra,
    I read the same news on BBC two days ago(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8513201.stm), but I was hesitant to post it here.(given history of this thread and passionate people on both sides).

Its really shameful that our govt is not able to provide reasonable support to these athletes.
    We have developed a culture of deviation and excuses in last 60 yrs. I had almost same discussion ( I would say heated arguments) in my office with some of young guys, who are here in DC working for a Indian software company.

I hope this culture of deception will change in India.(in our life time).

Well my intial post reply to Mr. Aman what u like abt India was impulsive and i realised my mistake and i apologized for that to all but Mr Shailendra stop using the word Indian quote " the ‘litmus finger-test’ is for all uncouth/idiotic Indians " you can say "all uncouth/idiotic people " .
    thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vijay123 View Post
    Ek or baat jod doo:

- Majority of RIs go abroad to earn money. They work and pay their taxes.

RIs
    - Majority of business man in India dont pay real taxes
    - Majority of bureacrats and govt servants are corrupt

Who will you say is better? A person who is in India and doing bad things by misusing power (jis thaali mei kha rahe hai usi mei ched kar rahe hai) or a person who goes abroad and dont cause any trouble to any of the RIs.
    Bhai vijay,

An NRI pays tax in the country in which he is earning, Indian IT act not applicable to him

RI's

Most of businessmans do not pay taxes & Bureacrts & govt servents are corrupt, which is not an India specific problem, still our growth rate is 7.5% when european countries r degrowing.

Eb kun achha perform kare se dekh ley.

Cool

double post so deleted.
    Last edited by rajkphogat; February 14th, 2010 at 02:17 PM.