Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: A View on Gandhi

By G. B. Singh

There is another book by By G. B. Singh named: Gandhi: Behind the Mask of Divinity

The text from the book : Singh puts forward that the portrayal of Gandhi as a great leader is "the work of the Hindu propaganda machine" and Christian clergy with ulterior motives; and, furthermore, it was based on irrationality and deception which historians have failed to critically examine

The authur believes gandhi was race superimist. Has anyone read this book?

I mentioned similar things in post 23. Its not easy to understand Gandhi. Is it?

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...n-Gandhi/page2
    Last edited by VirJ; September 14th, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Thanks Jyani bhai for letting us know about this very book. Certainly this book looks promising and informative.
    I, even found few impressive n' convincing reviews of it on various sites; Amazon is one of them.
    Have a look : http://www.amazon.com/Gandhi-Divinity-G-B-Singh/dp/1573929980

Synopsis of the book -

Over the years I have discussed Gandhi with many Americans, both formally and informally. . . .What continues to irk me is the amount of Gandhi "propaganda material" that has flooded our libraries and bookstores. For an unsuspecting Westerner, the reading of Gandhi as he is portrayed on these shelves can bring about the intended result. That is understandable. This book is an attempt to close the gap between the popularized Gandhi and the historical Gandhi. This book will incite readers to be more open-minded and to seek to validate the "truths" presented. My hope is that it will provoke honest, healthy, and open dialogue and foster more critical scrutiny about him. . . .
    Years of dedicated research on Gandhi convinced me that our hero was fundamentally a racist. In this book, I present the facts. The evidence presented here is not a matter of speculation or distorted interpretation. Much of the irrefutable evidence lay buried beneath a mountain of Gandhi's own writings - in his own words, which I have uncovered - comments that will be difficult to dispute once they are read. In this book you will read the evidence in its entirety. My primary intention is to untangle the web that Gandhi weaved - and his followers are still weaving - for many years. Only through a methodical probing can we expose Gandhi's campaign of deception: the lies, the propaganda, the misinformation, the half-truths, and the efforts to hide behind religion. Where Gandhi left off, his followers have picked up, and they continue their own sophisticated campaigns, both in India and abroad. This book should not be looked upon as another Gandhi biography. Rather, it should provide a standard by which to weigh the Gandhian literature for accuracy and objectivity. Also this book, though narrowly focused, should stand as a guide alerting us to how thoroughly the Gandhi propagandists and others have succeeded in deceiving us.

Mera Bharat mahan aur iske deshwashi to aur bhi mahan, Kisi ne Desh ka Baap bana de hein aur kisi ne Chacha ! :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    There is another book by By G. B. Singh named: By G. B. Singh Gandhi: Behind the Mask of Divinity

The text from the book : Singh puts forward that the portrayal of Gandhi as a great leader is "the work of the Hindu propaganda machine" and Christian clergy with ulterior motives; and, furthermore, it was based on irrationality and deception which historians have failed to critically examine

The authur believes gandhi was race superimist. Has anyone read this book?

I mentioned similar things in post 23. Its not easy to understand Gandhi. Is it?

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...n-Gandhi/page2
    Last edited by cooljat; September 14th, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Jiska raj ho uske khilaf bolne ki himmat kisi ki nahi hoti.
    Baaki yu group harmiyo ka hi tha. Muslim vote bank ki khatir Indira ki shaadi Firoj khan se hui. Kashmir ko vibhajit rakhna bhi ek lambi paari khelene ki hi soch thee
    Indira married Feroze Gandhi. Feroze was a parsee, not a Muslim.

raviji bilkul sahi likha aapne firoze gandhi parsee the lekin logon me tab vaham tha ki firoze ek muslim hain aur kahi na kahin yeh vaham sach me congress ko madad karta tha.
    जय भारत

I don't understand why people are wasting their energy in discussing the personal life of a leader.. It seems that you all are trying to satisfy your ego or trying to project yourself an intellectual of high class ..Looks like people are too much frustrated with the popularity enjoyed by Gandhi.. Take it easy Men....

who is saint here.. the personal life of most of us might have been more dark and corrupt than of Gandhiji..now you might say that you are not as popular as Gandhi therefore your wrongdoings are justifiable :D is it? I salute him that atleast he confessed what he did..and left the history of his life wide open to judge by the people of the country..he didn't portrayed himself

Some of you have problem on calling him as a "father of the nation" but it was not he who asked the people to call him in that way.. did he ?

I have read a lot on Gandhiji but I keep my reading limited to his political and social life as being an Indian this is what matter me a lot.. I have nothing to do with his personal life..

@ Jit.. it looks like you posses a great knowledge on Gandhiji.. thats great.. by the way I wonder if you have even read any of the book you referred above in detail apart from reading one or two para to let you write something here on JL to prove your depth in knowledge on Gandhi..
    I'm more than sure that you never google anything on Gandhi's contribution to this country as I never heard or read from you anything writing/speaking on his movements and political decision apart from the one relating to his inability to save Bhagat singh's .. Kindly invest some time in reading the political history of this country..

and if you people think that Gandhi has no contribution in the betterment of this country than I think instead of wasting your time in discussing his personal life better you concentrate on rectifying his mistakes. He had an opportunity to do something for the country and he did what he felt right... correct or wrong is a different thing.. now if in your opinion his decisions made the nation to pay a great price then why don't you do something which may compensate the loss.. Go and lead the mass.. but beware from becoming too much popular else your coming generation will poke into your personal life.. so beware..
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

One thing I don’t like in just a few of our Indians brothers/ sisters is that whenever they come across any literature criticizing any of our frontline freedom struggle leader, or as a matter of fact ‘Mahatma Gandhi’, they consider themselves as duty-bound to accept the contents of the literature in totality, without investigating the credentials of the writer, and his/ her frame of mind to write such venomous words; and foremost! What is the underlying purpose to publish the so called cheap piece of academics at the price of hundreds of rupees per book ?

Below here is some of the information I have collected from the internet about this writer who has written this impugned Book about Mahatma gandhi , may be it would be useful for all of you to judge the quality and truth of his work :-

Mr. Jad Adams is currently a Visiting Research Fellow at the Institute of English in London University's School of Advanced Study.
    He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, has an MA in Victorian Studies from University of London and a BA from the University of Sussex.

This clearly shows that he has done just a basic study in a distant British University and have been to one not so known post graduate school, so far he has not got any recognition from anywhere and that is why he is attempting to publish his pervert figment of imaginations about India’s father of Nation.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Books
    1. HIDEOUS ABSINTHE is published in the US by the University of Winconsin Press
    2. Pankhurst – A Biography (2003 Haus Publishing)
    3. Madder Music, Stronger Wine: The Life of Ernest Dowson (2000,I.B.Tauris)
    4. Dynasty: The Nehru-Gandhi Story (with Phillip Whitehead 1997 Penguin)
    5. Tony Benn - A Biography (1992 Macmillan)
    6. KIPLING- itwas officially launched on Friday 17 March 2006 with a talk by Jad Adams titled 'Must We Burn Kipling?' hosted by the Birkbeck College Hisotry Society at the University of London, Birkbeck College.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    MAGAZINE ARTICLES
    Gandhi: Thrill of the Chaste – The Independent 7 April 2010
    A Man Out of Time? – Gandhi’s legacy History Today April 2010
    Dandy Gandhi to Naked Fakir – Gandhi’s dress code BBC History Magazine June 2010
    Microbes, Magic Bullets and Morality – syphilis and the development of Salvarsan BBC History Magazine January 2009
    1911’s Summer of Discontent – Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine February 2009
    One Family’s Tryst with Destiny – The Nehru dynasty History Today September 2007
    White Man’s Wordsmith – Kipling’s contradictions BBC History Magazine January 2006
    The Girl He Left Behind – Kipling’s first love Guardian Review 28 January 2006

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
    Mr. Jad majorly survives from funding of some institutes and British Government.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

I hope that after knowing that this so acclaimed British historian has just published 6 or 7 books and few articles in some megazines, all of you would regard him with a smirk and address his work as “Foolish” along with a derisive laughter over his idea to write about Mahatma Gandhi.

Lets also try to reverse the clock and start from year 1615 when (Sir) Thomas Roe,</SPAN> a British merchant, who came to Jahangir’s court.Thomas Roe was the first British man to enter Jahangir court in the guise of British Businessman to establish trade centers at Agra, Surat, Ahmedabad and Broach and later those Britishers swallowed our entire country.

Mahatma Gandhi along with other leaders selflessly contributed in getting freedom from the shakles of those British Imperialists and that is why every Indian deeply regards him and have statured his persona at the highest level on India’s free sky. Now, to me it appears that this British writer by publishing his figment of deprave imaginations on our Indian soil wants to take vengeance against Mahatma Gandhi and wants to spit at the our Indian sky. But he has forgotten that spitting at sky would backfire at him and likes of his clan.

I doubt this writer’s academic credibility as well, because the literature on Mahatma Gandhi is so vast and voluminous that I am sure one man in his entire age cannot read out completely to come to any conclusion over any particular thing; and to my utter surprise after reading few piece of papers, that too may be from garbage or from publishers of his own clan, he claims to present himself as Nobel Laurate James Bond Academician to publish a book on Mahatma Gandhi.

I request all the members to condemn this piece of pervert British literary work and resist from making any comment over his work.

Regards,

Yashpal
    Last edited by delhione; September 14th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
    I am a Tiger; but unfortunately i work in a Circus.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delhione For This Useful Post:

ravinderpannu (April 2nd, 2011)

I am a critic of Gandhi on several issues, including his sleeping with young women, as part of his experiments with truth. But criticism is different from outright hatred that some of us are showing here. Relax, guys!

Some of us are talking of him as if he was some sex maniac. Which he obviously was not! The maniacs don't talk about what their deeds in their prayer meetings. Everything he did was out in the open. He talked about his personal life and all these things as honestly as anyone can ever do. When we think that he was upto 'something' with these girls, I think it reflects on our own thinking rather than Gandhi's character. His supporters tried to make him stop from talking about these things, but he chided them saying that hiding this would be going against all he stood for- which was honesty. I am against this "experiment" of his because it was wrong on the girls who acted as guinea pigs for the experiment. But to attribute some sort of evil character to Gandhi is plain silly. He has written about such things openly in his biography- like how he left his father the night he died to have sex with Kasturba; and how his death made him feel guilty about his shameful act. Not that I agree with his conclusions, but the point is that there are no skeletons in his closet.

The second point that all critics need to consider is that the man is dead now. He is not here to defend himself. When he was alive and doing all this stuff, he was free to be questioned by all as he was not hiding it. When he was questioned, he had answers. Many people knew all this and more. Yet, they were happy to follow him and call him Bapu and Mahatma. Were they all dumb and we are all intelligent? Undoubtedly, these facts were suppressed after his death, but that was the work of his so-called followers. He never accepted hiding anything related to his life ever.

The same is true for all the people like Bhagat Singh, Subhash Bose and Vallabhbhai Patel who are truly not given the importance they deserve. But again what the post-independence Congress did had nothing to do with Gandhi. Also all these people, despite their differences with Gandhi, never considered him in lesser light. Bhagat Singh started as a Gandhian disciple and later shunned non-violence. Subhash Bose resigned after winning the Congress presidency as he didn't have Gandhi's support. If he wanted, he could have split the Congress, but he chose to go his own way. And despite these big differences, Bose was the one who called Gandhi "The Father of our nation" for the first time ever in a radio broadcast on Azad Hind Radio in 1944. Patel was a self-professed Gandhian and gave up prime-ministership despite winning internal Congress elections, because Gandhi chose Nehru. The common theme in all these stories is the huge respect these guys had for Gandhi till his or their death. These were all great people, were they all idiots to call Gandhi Bapu?

And please, let's not start talking about some random guys' random books as evidence of Gandhi's evil. Atleast go for credible sources! Lots of very well known thinkers wrote about Gandhi. George Orwell, Noam Chomsky, Ravindranath Tagore, Ambedkar to name a few. In fact, likes of Ambedkar are unabashed critics of Gandhi. But at least his criticism is logical and not some cheap attempt at character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    I don't understand why people are wasting their energy in discussing the personal life of a leader.. It seems that you all are trying to satisfy your ego or trying to project yourself an intellectual of high class ..Looks like people are too much frustrated with the popularity enjoyed by Gandhi.. Take it easy Men....

who is saint here.. the personal life of most of us might have been more dark and corrupt than of Gandhiji..now you might say that you are not as popular as Gandhi therefore your wrongdoings are justifiable :D is it? I salute him that atleast he confessed what he did..and left the history of his life wide open to judge by the people of the country..he didn't portrayed himself

Some of you have problem on calling him as a "father of the nation" but it was not he who asked the people to call him in that way.. did he ?

I have read a lot on Gandhiji but I keep my reading limited to his political and social life as being an Indian this is what matter me a lot.. I have nothing to do with his personal life..

@ Jit.. it looks like you posses a great knowledge on Gandhiji.. thats great.. by the way I wonder if you have even read any of the book you referred above in detail apart from reading one or two para to let you write something here on JL to prove your depth in knowledge on Gandhi..
    I'm more than sure that you never google anything on Gandhi's contribution to this country as I never heard or read from you anything writing/speaking on his movements and political decision apart from the one relating to his inability to save Bhagat singh's .. Kindly invest some time in reading the political history of this country..

and if you people think that Gandhi has no contribution in the betterment of this country than I think instead of wasting your time in discussing his personal life better you concentrate on rectifying his mistakes. He had an opportunity to do something for the country and he did what he felt right... correct or wrong is a different thing.. now if in your opinion his decisions made the nation to pay a great price then why don't you do something which may compensate the loss.. Go and lead the mass.. but beware from becoming too much popular else your coming generation will poke into your personal life.. so beware..
    Mukesh seems to be boiling! Lets see how is it.

A person about whom Einsteen had said that future generation might not believe that Ghandi was a human of Flash n Bones.
    It reqires guts to get impressed and follow someone. You have stated it completely wrong Mukesh. When a person becomes a Mass/Popular leader ; he is supposed to lead others. Why he is being made or choosen a leader ?Because of his strengths and particularly character strength. So it is obvious that his actions are no longer private as you stated. Everything a leader do or don't do is followed religiously and faithfully. We 've been brainwashed almost half of our life about Ghandi. What you are saying us to be frustated with his popularity, lets replace it with curosity about the character and to flaw covered by a sharp and calcuated definition of own - Brahmcharya.

We are mere ordinary citizens not a saint so there is no question of being talked about us or our petty lives unless we do something extra-ordinary. Honsety is a virtue but does it cover the deed which is exposed? Did he say sorry or something like that? Then why to get just impressed with honesty. If confession is the criteria would you salute Kasab for his confession? Dear friend n readers , didn't he portray a self designed brahmcharya? We will pay for our karmas definitely positively or negatively but like you said his wrongdoings are being paid now when youngesters are gettings to know about the play behind his Brahmcharya and getting judged as per your own words. Why do you want to hinder that judging process? He didnt involve in sexual act with those ladies but is that that penetration only matters?

He didn't ask to call himself the father of nation but again he behaved like the Mai-Baap of country for years n decades. Didn't he?

How much you limit yourself to read about him is your own perorgative about Ghandi Ji. We all may say that you are insecure or frightened to acknoweldge his sexual behaviour under the name of self developed concept of Brahmcharya. That is your own flaw not ours.

What you 've to say what British Prime Minister said about his role in Independence? Why did he say that he had a minimal role. Without logic you think? Kindly re-google your queries this way.

Last part of your post was a nice speech but utterly boring.

We 've grown up reading Ishwar Allah Tero Naam.. I want to give back something to him if up at sky he is reading this thread by any chance :-

इश्वर अल्लाह तेरो नाम
    उस ''ठरकी'' को इतनी ज्यादा सन्मति क्यों दी भगवान!!
    Last edited by Samarkadian; September 14th, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

FYI....here is what Gandhi said in his Book "My experiment with truth".

"Every night whilst my hands were busy massaging my father's leg, my mind was hovering about the bedroom - and that too at the time when relegion,medical science and common sense alike forbade sexual intercourse.I was glad to be relieved from my duty and went straight to the bedroom after doing obeisance to my father."

Another phrase:"It was 10:30 or 11 PM. i was giving the massage. My uncle relieved me. I was glad and went straight to bedroom. My wife,poor thing was fast asleep. But how could she sleep when i was there? I woke her up. In 5 or 6 min, however servent knocked the door."

No wonder his child breathed no more than three or four days.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Quote Originally Posted by delhione View Post
    One thing I don’t like in just a few of our Indians brothers/ sisters is that whenever they come across any literature criticizing any of our frontline freedom struggle leader, or as a matter of fact ‘Mahatma Gandhi’, they consider themselves as duty-bound to accept the contents of the literature in totality, without investigating the credentials of the writer, and his/ her frame of mind to write such venomous words; and foremost! What is the underlying purpose to publish the so called cheap piece of academics at the price of hundreds of rupees per book ?
    Yashpal
    Yashpal Ji, A book shouldn't be judged by who wrote it. A book should be judged by whats written in it not who wrote it. We should look at the facts that are presented. Based on facts we should come to our own conclusions.
    We dont have to agree with the auther's conclusion but we should surely look at how he came to that conclusion. Every writer has their own biases and prejudices. Neither should we trust a book written by a famous writer nor by not so famous writer just by the name of the writer.
    But yes, not reading the full story and drawing conclusion is also not ideal. However I dont agree with this writer about Gandhi calling him sex manic.

Lets also try to reverse the clock and start from year 1615 when (Sir) Thomas Roe,</SPAN> a British merchant, who came to Jahangir’s court.Thomas Roe was the first British man to enter Jahangir court in the guise of British Businessman to establish trade centers at Agra, Surat, Ahmedabad and Broach and later those Britishers swallowed our entire country
    Most of today's India was already swallowed that time by the Moughals. Moughals were aiyash, looters,fanatcis, cruel and outsiders.
    Last edited by VirJ; September 15th, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post

He didn't ask to call himself the father of nation but again he behaved like the Mai-Baap of country for years n decades. Didn't he?
    Yes, he did. Though he had chosen Nehru as prime minister, Gandhi himself went to hunger strike to emotionally blackmail him as well. I am not questioning his intention but his way. His way like of a stubborn old father in the family who emotionally blackmail his kids. He did that many times. He accused Subash(even though Subash agreed to it of being fascist) but gandhi himself was another sort of Tanashah. He blackmailed people at times to had his own say.
    Last edited by VirJ; September 15th, 2010 at 07:37 AM.

Mr. M.K. Gandhi was responsible for Bhagat Singh death........ Gandhi was dangerous and has to be kill. I would have kill him, had he been alive. Because he always feared by the fact that one day Bhagat Singh popularity will overpowered him.... We got freedom not because of the Gandhi. So many people sacrifised their life for the freedom but do they every remembered? not exactly...What happened to Batukeshwar dutt after the indipendence? He was the true devotee of free India. I agree he had some qualities and I don't deny them. History is always re-writen by the winners, they were in power so history was twisted and made according to them.....
    Technology has no limit nor I do...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ankurbaliyan For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (May 29th, 2013)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    इश्वर अल्लाह तेरो नाम
    उस ''ठरकी'' को इतनी ज्यादा सन्मति क्यों दी भगवान!!
    :rock :rock :rock !! Sahi baat !

Main muje itna Khana hai ki
    Insaan do hi bar dusro ko Bura Lagta hai.
    Jab koi bhut Jayda accha ho
    Ya fir bhut Jyda bura

Kisi bhi chiz ka control m rhana thek hai
    Jyda hote hi karabi kar de sa

Quite impressive n' informative replies by Samar & Jyani, Thanks for the contribution. I noted one significant shift lately, earlier both Jyani and Samar were fan of Gandhi and always kept admiring him but now they started to believe from various sensible finding that Gandhi wasn't that great as he was presented & propagated here in India. I know few of them will argue that he never called him Mahatma, Father of Nation or like that but tell me how many of other freedom fighters got due recognization. Tell me how many of us remember and celebrate great freedom fighters like Suabsh Chandra Bose, Sardar Patel, Bhagat Singh etc and others, why only 2nd Oct, 14th Nov and 3oth Jan are remembered?

I also have observed that most of Gandhi followers n' fans refuse to hear anything against Gandhi, this is surprising and feels to me like they are brainwashed. I agree there're few unique qualities in Gandhi that makes him good leader but not the Greatest.

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Bhai, I was never a big fan of Gandhi. I am and was always a big fan of Subash Bose & Azad since my childhood because my father is their fan too. I still admire Gandhi for a few things and dismiss for other. He was a great politician and he was the one who made us believe that we are one country. Before him we never thought we are one. He stirred India the way no one ever could. He changed the shape of freedom movement for ever.
    Gandhi shouldn't be judged just by his contribution toward freedom struggle. He contributed in other spheres too. And to your surprise if you ask me who was the greatest politician out of three (Gandhi, Azad and Subash) I would say Gandhi.

Where did u see the change?
    Last edited by VirJ; September 15th, 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Quite impressive n' informative replies by Samar & Jyani, Thanks for the contribution. I noted one significant shift lately, earlier both Jyani and Samar were fan of Gandhi and always kept admiring him but now they started to believe from various sensible finding that Gandhi wasn't that great as he was presented & propagated here in India. I know few of them will argue that he never called him Mahatma, Father of Nation or like that but tell me how many of other freedom fighters got due recognization. Tell me how many of us remember and celebrate great freedom fighters like Suabsh Chandra Bose, Sardar Patel, Bhagat Singh etc and others, why only 2nd Oct, 14th Nov and 3oth Jan are remembered?
    So you have an issue with Gandhi because 2nd October is celebrated? He never celebrated October 2, nor did he ask others to celebrate it after his death. So what gives?

And you have completely ignored my point on Suabsh Chandra Bose, Sardar Patel, Bhagat Singh, et al. Undoubtedly, they were great men. Do you think they were dumb to respect Gandhi and call him "Father of our nation", "Bapu", "Mahatma", etc. All of them were so popular at that time that they could have taken on Gandhi had they wanted. They were also honest people and not chamchas. So these great people who lived in the time of Gandhi considered him to be a great person, but we the super-intelligent who can google any tom-dick-harry's hate messages in an instant can judge Gandhi better than these great men. Wow! Only one side can be right here in this respect- either Bose, Bhagat, Patel who respected him despite their differences OR the "neo-intelligent brigade" who see nothing right in him/make fun of him.

Personally (and it is clear from many of my posts), I am a huge critic of some of Gandhi's policies and ideas. I'd be the last one to attribute India's independence to him alone. But it is ridiculous to say that he had no role or to cast aspersions on his character 60 years after his death after reading some sensationalising material.

If you go out looking for dirt on someone- anyone- you'd always find some. Gandhi is the easiest target as he actually talked or wrote about all these things. So there is no disputing facts. No one is saying that all this didn't happen. If you can think about it, it is an extraordinary thing in itself. Such a powerful man and so easy access to his bedroom secrets. Which other politician, current or past, affords you so much knowledge of his life? Gandhi did as he had nothing to hide. And now you use the same facts he shared in the first place to make fun of him- it is juvenile. Seriously, grow up bro..

If you want genuine criticism of Gandhi and not random mud slinging, read these.

An august dispute : Gandhi and Tagore
    Venu Govindu reviews The Mahatma and the Poet : Letters and Debates between Gandhi and Tagore 1915-1941, compiled and edited by Sabyasachi Bhattacharya.
    http://www.indiatogether.org/2003/may/rvw-gndhtgore.htm

http://www.ambedkar.org/research/GandhiAmbedkar.htm

http://www.orwell.ru/library/reviews...glish/e_gandhi

I agree with your point on Samar though... He has been peddling a lot of hate off late. Probably he is going to join politics and thus showing that he has right credentials for the job..

Kapil, Bose and Patel showed too much respect to Gandhi.They both step down from congress presidentship after wining election just because Gandhi didn't want them to head the congress. Both Bose and Patel were popular but not as much as Gandhi. May be they knew that going against Gandhi would divide congress and the followers as well.
    This is only my assumption.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Kapil, Bose and Patel showed too much respect to Gandhi.They both step down from congress presidentship after wining election just because Gandhi didn't want them to head the congress. Both Bose and Patel were popular but not as much as Gandhi. May be they knew that going against Gandhi would divide congress and the followers as well.
    This is only my assumption.
    Akshay- I agree. And this is one of my criticism of Gandhi- his my way or highway approach. But Gandhi was solely guided by his principles. As much as I disagree with his principles in the first place, I think great men like Bose and Patel understood the same. They understood that Gandhi was not against them personally but against their political leanings. Bose broke up with Congress and formed Forward Bloc in 1939 and Azad Hind Fauj subsequently. He was insanely popular amongst many people- and much more popular than Gandhi in Bengal. That he won the presidency against Gandhi's candidate shows his popularity- he got most of the votes from Bengal and South. Still, he was the one who called Gandhi "The Father of our nation" in 1944 when he was not even in India. I don't think a bitter person would have done that. Patel didn't even break with Gandhi, just submitted to his wishes and stood by him till Gandhi died. A man who would have been the first PM, first denied himself the opportunity because Gandhi didn't approve and then still stood by Gandhi's side. What feelings could he have for Gandhi?

Kapil,

Why did British PM say that Ghandi has minimal role in India's Independence?

What was the base?

and ofcourse your cocluded stance over all about Ghandi keeping aside political correctness of criticising few and liking few.?
    Last edited by Samarkadian; September 15th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.