View Poll Results: Do you think Twenty20 format will kill other formats of the game ?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 41.67%
  • No

3 25.00%
  • I am always confused… as usual

0 0%
  • I am sick and tired of cricket, we must concentrate on other sports

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Twenty20 format and the future of cricket

Upenderji only stated what most of the people were hoping!!!...He was not so far stretched as suggesting how India can win FIFA 2010!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    होने थे भाई बहार तो. यो उपेंदर लाग रा था अक फलाना धिकड़े ने हरा दे , आर धिकड़ा मुक्ड़े ने हरा दे तो भारत फाईनल में चला जागा. जिब इंडिया ने कोए न हराया तो धिकड़ा मुक्ड़े ने कुकर हरा सके था . :D

Predictable and quite telling since in the shortest T-20 format (and quite likely the future of International cricket too, I would have to say!) this has been the second successful damning outing at the world stage (for the winners of the opening cup), and quite eerily a slide ever since the IPL started at home!...

The most surprising retort I have ever heard from Dhoni after the complete routing at the hands of pretty much all teams was his post match, post tournament, (post Indian Cricket?) was, "At the end of the day we are on the losing side, nothing much can be done about it because this is the best 15 [players] you can get in India when it comes to T20. At the end of the day if you are outplayed there is nothing much you can do about it." !???!....

"Most of us have the problem of playing short-pitched balls. So it is not just the youngsters who had problems. We can't neglect it any more. But we don't have bowlers who consistently bowl at 145-50 kph and most of wickets in India don't have that kind of bounce," he said… wow! Profound words those, now we can really forgive them for the sub-below-par performance!

For these IPL stars this must be quite telling as to the level of that glamorous, slush with money, dazzling tourney at home that everyone has been so ga-ga about! :rolleyes:

Anyways, here’s a cartoon that says it all in my mind….
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indian Cricket.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	10023  
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

excellent shail !!!... exactly the reason as depicted in your toon... says it all.

stuffed with late night parties, hangovers nd sweet zinta nd shetty pappy's nd jhappy's...
    के ज़रूरत सै अब इन्ने इंडिया ताइं खेलन की.

you should have shown a doggie raising his leg nd pissing on the feet of yr caricature.

nd not to forget that india's exit cannot be attributed to bowlers. imo bowlers did their job reasonably well... it were our batsman who pissed in their pents while making the chase.

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    "Most of us have the problem of playing short-pitched balls. So it is not just the youngsters who had problems. We can't neglect it any more. But we don't have bowlers who consistently bowl at 145-50 kph and most of wickets in India don't have that kind of bounce," he said… wow! Profound words those, now we can really forgive them for the sub-below-par performance!
    Anyways, here’s a cartoon that says it all in my mind….
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

upender should have suggested as to how india's winning strategy for FIFA 2010 could have helped indian cricket team's chances of winning 3rd twenty20 with relevant links nd pictures.

... that didn't happen nd thts why india lost.

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    Upenderji only stated what most of the people were hoping!!!...He was not so far stretched as suggesting how India can win FIFA 2010!!!

no team is champion in this format. it all depends upon your dedication, professionalism, never say die attitude nd holding to your nerves till the last ball.

not to forget the will to do it nd what happens on the "D" day.

no one could have expected in wildest of dreams that england will win it. they did it and won the 1st ever major tournament comprehensively by thrashing the best team... oz.

... interesting format indeed !