Thread: is it Possible? get source code from exe file in vb

is it Possible? get source code from exe file in vb

i m making a project, but for checking i made exe of it, and i have lost the source code .now i want source code again, because i dont hav another copy, can anyone help , how to convert vb exe in its original source code, pls its urgent

Quote Originally Posted by sushilpanwar View Post
    i m making a project, but for checking i made exe of it, and i have lost the source code .now i want source code again, because i dont hav another copy, can anyone help , how to convert vb exe in its original source code, pls its urgent
    Well, its looks weird that you lost source code itself or are you experimenting on someone else's exe?

Anyway, doesn't matter to me.
    For VB 6 or below, I am almost sure, its not possible because it directly converts to machine language. But still you can try.

For .Net framework, its possible including VB.Net. ILDASM.EXE comes with ur V Studio itself. You can see your source code using that in assembly lang.
    For proper programming lang ... there are paid tools avbl on net. Can explore that.

hahahahahahaha.... agar aise exe se source code milne laga to sab barbad ho jayenge....

Quote Originally Posted by sushilpanwar View Post
    bhai sushil..most(all) companies gives their client exe code. If it could turn back in saurce code then what will happen to these companies. Hope u catch my point
    "Some people keep trying to be cool, smart, attractive and passionate in their whole life, But some are born JATS."

Quote Originally Posted by tomarhitesh23 View Post
    hahahahahahaha.... agar aise exe se source code milne laga to sab barbad ho jayenge....
    Quote Originally Posted by ajay86 View Post
    bhai sushil..most(all) companies gives their client exe code. If it could turn back in saurce code then what will happen to these companies. Hope u catch my point

Try googling ... u will get to know.
    If still not clear, raise the doubt. Agar dil kiya toh satoot ki kaamchi gail samjhaa dyunga

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    If still not clear, raise the doubt. Agar dil kiya toh satoot ki kaamchi gail samjhaa dyunga
    bade bhai.. I never said it is impossible. All i was trying to say that it is not legally correct
    "Some people keep trying to be cool, smart, attractive and passionate in their whole life, But some are born JATS."

thanks all ..........

mujhe doubt tha .
    isliye mein app logo se pucha ...
    isme hahaha karne vali koi bat nahi hai sir ji..........

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    Bhai Devender, I could not stop my laughter for few mins, this is the best way to make the ppl understand
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

most of the software developers are totally depends on google search engine.
    programes codes are also available on google thats helps the programmers to get ideas how to implement the logic....
    google is good for help but its depend on us whether we get knowledge or we do copy and paste........

some paid software are also available to convert .exe file into source code....its costly.....my company has its own software but in java.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by ajay86 View Post
    I am not sure what kind of clients he is talking but client always expects the source code. The client is having their teams to wrap it into some deployable component to put it on the server. Becuse in future if they want some enhancement they can easily do with the source code. I have not seen even a single example where the client is not having access to source code. Might be I have not worked on that kind of projects where client expects only EXEs.

yes deependra you r right.......each company provide the source code to his clients......but there is some agreement between client and company.
    according to this agreement each company provide full services to their clients after delivering the project abput 1 or 2 year.
    during this period client can't do any modification in source code.

after this perid client can do any modification according to requirements...and without source code it's not possible.
    Regards

VIKAS DHANKHAR

THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IN THE WORLD IS AN IDEA.:rolleyes:
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PERSON IN THE WORLD IS ONE WITH AN IDEA....!!!!!!
    :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by vikasJAT View Post
    yes deependra you r right.......each company provide the source code to his clients......but there is some agreement between client and company.
    according to this agreement each company provide full services to their clients after delivering the project abput 1 or 2 year.
    during this period client can't do any modification in source code.

after this perid client can do any modification according to requirements...and without source code it's not possible.
    Thanks Vikas for inputs. I agree with you that Company will provide the support during the Pilot and Production phase. My only concern was that those guys were making the kind of impression that the companies don't provide code to Clients.