11 25.58%
  • Mexico

0 0%
  • England

3 6.98%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa wc 2010

omg... what a spectacle !

no attendance in office after lunch. the whole town was buzz with bugle's nd trumpets as the FIFA world cup kicked-off for the 1st time on african continent.

what more... the SA team (bafana bafana - no good team) did reasonably well to hold on to mexico.

n'joy this spectacular official video of FIFA world cup 2010 with k'naan nd david Bisbal
    v
    v
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7O9...eature=related

feel it... its here !
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 12th, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

My bet is on Spain and Engalnd.. lot of expectations from Torres..
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

Bhram Bhai you are in south africa or canada ?
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

yes jitender, but will leave forever nd for good before the finals.

feel it... its here !
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

okay so you are moving away from SA right..
    are you in software..

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    yes jitender, but will leave forever nd for good before the finals.

feel it... its here !
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    Boring start to the tournament. Even boring was the opening ceremony. Mexican goalie was a total disaster, susraa koode tha nyun t nyu khaamkhaa ae. 90th minute me ball pole k laag gi ar wo khada-2 dekhe tha. yo ae haal rahya t next round me jaana mushkil ho jaaga Mexico ka. France ne bhi jai kar di. aaj dekho kimme sawaad aave to S Korea V Greece, later on US v ENG. Lampard ar Gerrard laaveinge laanda USA ke. hurrrrrrrrrrr :rock
    Argntina Bach gi aaj ...Nigeria ne achi takkar di ......Messi couldn't replicate his Club form.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Yupie it was a good match....Nigerian Golie was too good... Messi was good but hope he plays outstanding football in coming games..... What abt next game....My money is on England...Roonie is in superb form!!!!

Eng/US - Tie , England Goal keeper sucks and disappoint the whole english team fans , as usual Rooney nd Lampard wer in gr8 forms , finaly US golie save the team.

ARG/NGA 1-0 , Messi palyed well but lots of hope in the future .

Korea/Greece 2-0, In the 1st half koreans wer extremely aggressive , 2nd half greece played so gud but hard luck !

//KD

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion

Thumbs up

GER/AUS 4-0 : Kudos to Germans , Team played so Strategically , wasn't expected initial 2 goals just within 26 minutes / Podolski , Klose proved their real spirits.

Definately sure this team will go a long way in world cup .

SVN/ALG 1-0 : Algerian golie repeated the history of Eng golie: Robert Green ' and team hasn't any other way to save the match .

GHA/SVB 1-0 : some narrow escapes , Ghana team was well lined up .

//KD

Disaster in Durban for Australia. The defeat was almost certain when I saw Harry Kewell sitting on the bench, but this sort of drubbing will seriously dent the Aussie hopes for advancing to the next stage. Bresciano was also dropped at the last moment for Carl Valeri. Germans were terrific right from the whistle blow. S.Korea thumped Greece. They're most likely through to next round,imo.

Germans played superb football....I am happy for them....Aussies deseved this kinda pounding!!!

A strange day at the world cup, 3 Matches, red cards in each game, team getting red card lost. I feel sorry for Serbians who played well but lost in 85th min. by stupid penalty.
    Germany vs Australia was the best match so far in this WC. Philip Lahm as captain was superb.Schweinsteiger was at his best in spreading the ball. Every pass of Germans was inch perfect. Look out for the Next super star in World Football ....Ozil.

Thumbs down

ITA/PAR -Tie , did paraguay surprise the world ? , all i cud say former WC champions hvn't done anything apart from rubbing their shoulders wid their defenders !

Bit early to say but looks like this time they are far behind in the race .

//KD
    Last edited by kulduhan; June 15th, 2010 at 04:11 AM.

NZL/SVK - Tie : All whites ! kiwis outstanding steal in the dying seconds , some part of the macth Slovakians proved their higher rank team .

POR/CIV - 0.0 : Portugees brigade return with empty handed , only Ronaldo magic wasn't enough to save the team breath.

BRZ/PRK - 2.1 : Securing the lead points were quite hard in this match by both of team

//KD

Shock of the WC so far.....SUI beat Spain. 11 superstars of world football can't score a single goal against a timid team. The game was a replica of Barcelona Vs Inter Milan semi final of champions league 2010. Classic defensive play by SUI with a lucky goal.

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Shock of the WC so far.....SUI beat Spain. 11 superstars of world football can't score a single goal against a timid team. The game was a replica of Barcelona Vs Inter Milan semi final of champions league 2010. Classic defensive play by SUI with a lucky goal.
    3 shots at goal and converted one of them in comparison to 24 taken by Spain. Yes Spain was unlucky, two times when the shot hit the bars and went away, but their star strikers were terribly out of color. Lack of vision by coach added more vows. Torres induced in the game only in the 61st minute and he too did not do anything good to his repo. Almost all his shots were wayward except one.
    They really need to pull up their socks or else ready to receive more shocks.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    3 shots at goal and converted one of them in comparison to 24 taken by Spain. Yes Spain was unlucky, two times when the shot hit the bars and went away, but their star strikers were terribly out of color. Lack of vision by coach added more vows. Torres induced in the game only in the 61st minute and he too did not do anything good to his repo. Almost all his shots were wayward except one.
    They really need to pull up their socks or else ready to receive more shocks.
    Torres was coming from injury so coach can't risk him from the start. Bosque did risk Iniesta who passed late fitness test. What should have coach done here? with so much possesion and 24 shots. It was a defensive masterpiece from SUI.

Torres was coming from injury so coach can't risk him from the start. Bosque did risk Iniesta who passed late fitness test. What should have coach done here? with so much possesion and 24 shots. It was a defensive masterpiece from SUI.
    If he was making a comeback he should have been given a shot right at the beginning when pressure would have been little less, and not when the team was already under pressure being one goal down. That did not do a good to both torres and team. If the coach was worried for injury to just one player, he should not have been included in the team itself. If Iniesta can be risked right from start, then why can't Torres? You have to give your star players full time to build pressure on the rivals.
    Going by the statement in bold letters, it should have been other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    If he was making a comeback he should have been given a shot right at the beginning when pressure would have been little less, and not when the team was already under pressure being one goal down. That did not do a good to both torres and team. If the coach was worried for injury to just one player, he should not have been included in the team itself. If Iniesta can be risked right from start, then why can't Torres? You have to give your star players full time to build pressure on the rivals.
    Going by the statement in bold letters, it should have been other way round.
    Agreed situation would have been different if Torres had started. But what if both Iniesta and Torres got injured in first half? CESC already recovering. Spain dream would have been over in group stages. The idea of Bosque was to match the 5 man midfield of SUI that's why they have so much possesion and almost played entire match in SUi half. They are world class players they know how to handle pressure. Torres did get couple of chances but couldn't convert. So time was not a problem. Problem was finishing and killer ball in final third.

Agreed situation would have been different if Torres had started. But what if both Iniesta and Torres got injured in first half? CESC already recovering. Spain dream would have been over in group stages. The idea of Bosque was to match the 5 man midfield of SUI that's why they have so much possesion and almost played entire match in SUi half. They are world class players they know how to handle pressure. Torres did get couple of chances but couldn't convert. So time was not a problem. Problem was finishing and killer ball in final third.
    Agreed that he could not have risked both at one time, but I would have gone immediately with Torres, so that he gets enough time to gain his rhythm. The thing i was trying to stress was that your best players should get the best time to have a shot at the rivals. Being one goal down, and asking a comeback player to score immediately when he was brought into game is always too much for a player. Not only torres, every other player failed to break the defences of Swiss. They proved game is won by team and not stars always.