11 25.58%
  • Mexico

0 0%
  • England

3 6.98%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa wc 2010

Fifa wc 2010

In a month's time FIFA WC 2010 will be kicking off in S.Africa. First time in any African nation. $420 million will be up for grab. In my opinion Groups A,B and G contain a lot of ammunition. Although it's not going to be a cakewalk for any other nation to the knock out stage. So who do you think will be crowned champion this time? Can Italy repeat the history? Will it be a South American nation? Or Asian? Or European?
    Who will wear the golden boot this time? Who will be the star of the tournament? Who will be the star to watch?
    I put my money on either Spain or Portugal. It would be a treat to the eyes to watch the skillful play of C.Ronaldo & Lionel Messi. I believe C.Ronaldo may fill the vacuum created by departure of Zidane. He will drive the ball around in the field like he does his Ferraris and Maseratis .
    If you feel the winner could be out of the poll options (which is unlikely going to happen :p), feel free to add .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fifa.PNG 
Views:	63 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	10020  

Bhai Pannu, tane jo list laa rakhi se usme te lagbahg sare e jeet-te laage se. Option ek aur add kar de bhai "Can't decide".

Doesn't matter who wins, but it will be a great tournament for superlative degree of entertainment. I will sit and enjoy the beautiful game!
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

btw where is south africa in the list ?
    winner may be undecided, but for sure south africa will lose against mexico in the opening match on 11th.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    In a month's time FIFA WC 2010 will be kicking off in S.Africa. First time in any African nation. $420 million will be up for grab. In my opinion Groups A,B and G contain a lot of ammunition. Although it's not going to be a cakewalk for any other nation to the knock out stage. So who do you think will be crowned champion this time? Can Italy repeat the history? Will it be a South American nation? Or Asian? Or European?
    Who will wear the golden boot this time? Who will be the star of the tournament? Who will be the star to watch?
    I put my money on either Spain or Portugal. It would be a treat to the eyes to watch the skillful play of C.Ronaldo & Lionel Messi. I believe C.Ronaldo may fill the vacuum created by departure of Zidane. He will drive the ball around in the field like he does his Ferraris and Maseratis .
    If you feel the winner could be out of the poll options (which is unlikely going to happen :p), feel free to add .
    Paanu, Portugal to group stage mei e bahar ho legi, Spain can be a contender only if Torres, Xavi and Iniesta are fit. Maxicao, Netherland, or Argentina ka koi chance nahi lagta. France ,Italy and Germany are not looking stronger but they are big teams.England and Brazil are looking stronger but England have better coach. I will support England. Dark horse will be Ivory cost, they can reach upto quater final stage.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Brazil or Spain
    Golden boot: David Villa
    Star of the tournament: Maicon or Dani Alves
    Team to watch out for: Ivory Coast and Ghana
    Superstar missing: Juan Riquelme
    Last edited by singhabhimanyu; May 11th, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Brazil, Germany, Italy and Argentina are the favourites as ever. In Football there are very rare chances of turnaround. If any team besides these 4, succeeds in winning the title I will be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Paanu, Portugal to group stage mei e bahar ho legi, Spain can be a contender only if Torres, Xavi and Iniesta are fit. Maxicao, Netherland, or Argentina ka koi chance nahi lagta. France ,Italy and Germany are not looking stronger but they are big teams.England and Brazil are looking stronger but England have better coach. I will support England. Dark horse will be Ivory cost, they can reach upto quater final stage.
    Spanish team is like galaxy of stars. Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Victor Valdes, Pepe Reina, Carlos Puyol, Carlos Marchena. Isaa laage hai jukar t australia ki cricket team si ho.
    I think Australia can also make it to Quarter finals along with S Korea. Sung Ji Park & Ahn Jung Hwan are their stars from 2002. However, my favorite is Frank Lampard. If England goes to atleast semis, I bet he will be a strong contender of golden boot.
    Frank Ribery was my favorite from last WC. Hadn't been in lime light for so long. I guess he is hooked up with Bayern Munich since last WC.

Spanish team is like galaxy of stars. Xabi Alonso, Xavi Hernandez, Victor Valdes, Pepe Reina, Carlos Puyol, Carlos Marchena. Isaa laage hai jukar t australia ki cricket team si ho.
    I think Australia can also make it to Quarter finals along with S Korea. Sung Ji Park & Ahn Jung Hwan are their stars from 2002. However, my favorite is Frank Lampard. If England goes to atleast semis, I bet he will be a strong contender of golden boot.
    Frank Ribery was my favorite from last WC. Hadn't been in lime light for so long. I guess he is hooked up with Bayern Munich since last WC.
    Yeah, Spain is world class team with superstars. Spain is top contender along with Brazil.
    Australia is a good team with players like Cahil. They are drawn with Germany, Serbia and Ghana. So i doubt they can clear group stage.

Korea ka bhi sab te tough group hai, Argentina, Greece or Nigeria k sath. Is group mei bada ulat fer ho sake hai. Argentina bhi bahar ho sake hai.

Lampard is also my favorite player. He is scoring 20+ goals for last 5-6 seasons for Chelsea and one of the best midfielder. But he does not score many in International games. He normally plays out of his position in international games than at chelsea.

Ribery is in lime light for his tackle on a Lyon player. He is out of champions league final. He is still with Bayern but can move to Chelsea this summer.

Lampard is also my favorite player.
    Messi and Robinho are equally dangerous, if not more. If Argentina gets past group stage, you can safely bet on Messi.
    A350Xwb - Shaping Efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by malikdeepak1 View Post
    Messi and Robinho are equally dangerous, if not more. If Argentina gets past group stage, you can safely bet on Messi.
    Robinho k bus ki kuch na hai.....kitte kitte dhake khanta hande se......

Ribery to real madrid and arshavin to barcelona.
    He is still with Bayern but can move to Chelsea this summer.
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

yeah Spain is the strongest. no chance for Valdes and Reina to play. Casillas is the man. midfield: david silva, senna, xabi, xavi all are great. fabregas not in main team.
    no idea of korea. Lampard? not expecting much from him.

Germany's title challenge took a big blow with Michael Ballack forced out of world cup.

Pannu aapni Spain ka ke hal he?
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

If either Spain or Brazil finishes secon in their group, they could end up facing each other in the round of 16. That will be the end of road for one of them. Same is the case for Germany & England and France & Argentina.

Here is the Fifa WC 2010 wall chart. Predict the scores and winning teams.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wc_wall_2.pdf  

Thumbs up Dynamic WC Schedule

This is a fascinating WC Calendar … You can follow it by Schedule, Cities, Groups or by Teams …
    See the link below.
    http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/...o-english.html
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

Thumbs up

Brilliant opening match ended Tie

RSA , MEX 1=1 ,

kudos to Siphiwe TSHABALALA excellent goal !

When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion

Boring start to the tournament. Even boring was the opening ceremony. Mexican goalie was a total disaster, susraa koode tha nyun t nyu khaamkhaa ae. 90th minute me ball pole k laag gi ar wo khada-2 dekhe tha. yo ae haal rahya t next round me jaana mushkil ho jaaga Mexico ka. France ne bhi jai kar di. aaj dekho kimme sawaad aave to S Korea V Greece, later on US v ENG. Lampard ar Gerrard laaveinge laanda USA ke. hurrrrrrrrrrr :rock