View Poll Results: Those guilty of "Within Gotra" marriage should be ostracized... Yes or No ?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 68.42%
  • No

14 14.74%
  • It does not matter to me

15 15.79%
  • Confused - No answer

1 1.05%
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Those guilty of "Within Gotra" marriage should be ostrasized by JAT's... Yes or No ?

Those guilty of "Within Gotra" marriage should be ostrasized by JAT's... Yes or No ?

the khap/gotra issue has become more confusing than ever before... more so, by the media and by the non existant HR skills of our fellow JAT representatives who have failed, time and again, to put the matter across the public in a meaningful way. from the various TV episodes on the matter, i learnt that those presenting the show haven't got an iota of knowledge of JAT customs and traditions... what more they can't even pronounce the word "khaap" phonetically correct.

to my observation, i found them confused on two separate issue's : no.1 khap diktats/murders and no.2 gotra issue's. a confused amalgamation on the two issue's with improper ratiocination deriving to illogical conclusions is making a mockery of our rich customs and traditions. eventually leading to the emergence of various other issue's within the issue, thereby making the situation even more worse.

it is highly deplorable to see that those who haven't got the faintest idea of the social fabric of village life are becoming the spokesperson of the media... honestly, i feel like kicking hard on their butts.

these pseudo intellectuals in control of media house from the confines of their plush air-conditioned studios have allegedly said that the ostracism of those found guilty of "within gotra" marriage as inhuman and barbarous.

mr. v.p. singh has rightly pointed out in one of his previous post that - "our society has been proscribing and ostracizing all those dissidents, who were found to be indulging in the irresponsible acts of skirting the bounds of civility and societal norms... and that has been the best deterrent so far".

would appreciate your views on the poll. imo and as rightly pointed out by jagmohan sir in one of his earlier posts... "that we must not allow these pseudo intellectuals who control the media houses to go beyond a certain point in Khap and now our custom/tradition bashing".
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; May 11th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brahmtewatia For This Useful Post:

puneetlakra (July 8th, 2012), ssgoyat (July 8th, 2012)

One belongs to a particular religion, cast and community firstly by birth &/or subsequently by prescribing to the established notions and beliefs. In case, he/she afford to overlook them, then they can afford to be "ostracized" also.
    Belief (same gotra avoidance) in question here has a scientific basis beyond doubt and is unlike a dogma that may have crippled the community. Given that why should not one preserve what is good and not try to cull the age old tradition under the garb of modernity?
    Vikas Gulia
    JAT- Just Adore Them
    "जाट गन्ना न दे, भेली दे दे"

Yes , we should ostracize those people who are not following our valuable customs/traditions knowing that their roots lies deep in the scientific reasons. Ostracizing will be the best punishment for those people. In ancient India we used to have this kind of tradition rather than putting the people behind the bars they would set free and ignored by everyone in the society.
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

it seems members are having tough time in making a decision ?

or do they think the issue is irrelevant ?

or else they don't want their identity to be revealed, though they would like to say YES.

lets have a clear verdict YES or NO. if confused you can chose option 3 or 4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to brahmtewatia For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (April 20th, 2012)

Fully endorse Gulia bhai's view point here.
    If someone doesn't care and overlook such very imp Jat customs/traditions, he/she don't have any right to be called a Jat !

Quote Originally Posted by vikasgulia View Post
    One belongs to a particular religion, cast and community firstly by birth &/or subsequently by prescribing to the established notions and beliefs. In case, he/she afford to overlook them, then they can afford to be "ostracized" also.
    Belief (same gotra avoidance) in question here has a scientific basis beyond doubt and is unlike a dogma that may have crippled the community. Given that why should not one preserve what is good and not try to cull the age old tradition under the garb of modernity?
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

puneetlakra (July 8th, 2012), saurabhjaglan (September 16th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (April 20th, 2012)

Sure, guilty of "Within Gotra" marriage should be ostrasized by the Jats. Some people violate the rules of the Jats and yet they will enjoy being Jat...no...no...this can't be tolerated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to upendersingh For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (April 20th, 2012)

globalization is taking place at much faster pace then expected. although, my vote is YES (option-I) but i am wary of the scenario after 10-20 years from now as stated in my previous post in editorial section. ( http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post243214 )

if my son reads my opinion after 10 years from now, he might take me for a nut-case ! rightly said by someone - "nothing is permanent but change".

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    the problem comes when these two belief’s of tradition come in way of changing times. you can treat the global age today as a battle between modernity and tradition. family traditions are, unfortunately, one of the great casualties of modern times. as families become more fragmented nd disconnected, there is less time nd opportunity to enjoy the simple traditions that were once a natural part of family life… sad, but true !

many of us remember nd miss the little rituals that formed the basis of our own childhood, yet don’t see a way to fit them into a life that is so different from that of our parents when we were growing up.

traditions nd rituals change with the passage of time as we evolve. new traditions nd ways of living come in force every single day to ease out complexities of our erstwhile traditions nd for the betterment of our lives. sometimes, we even chose them as per our convenience. there is no "one size fits all" solution to today’s increasingly complicated family situations, instead fit your traditions to your family situation and the people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    globalization is taking place at much faster pace then expected. although, my vote is YES (option-I) but i am wary of the scenario after 10-20 years from now as stated in my previous post in editorial section. ( http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...l=1#post243214 )

if my son reads my opinion after 10 years from now, he might take me for a nut-case ! rightly said by someone - "nothing is permanent but change".

Fully endorse Brahm bhai's view point here.
    This is what I said in many threads and reiterate now.

There r too many polls on a single subject ''honour killing''
    pak gaye yaar

We are simply wasting our energy and time on an issue which is virtually non-existent. Coming generations will define their future according to their conveniences in the prevailing circumstances. If they will find the prevailing customs relevant, they will automatically adopt, if not they will reject at any cost and will find the loopholes. It is practically very difficult to constantly monitor and meticulously enforce a social boycott. These kind of boycotts are fluid in nature and not long-lasting. In our society, it is not very difficult to bribe the people. Even one bottle of whisky is enough to buy the loyalty of a Panchayat Member or a group member to ease the restrictions on a censured family. In some cases, the Panchayats/social congregations would themselves exonerate the convicted family at the time of Panchayat election if the family has substantial votes.

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    We are simply wasting our energy and time on an issue which is virtually non-existent. Coming generations will define their future according to their conveniences in the prevailing circumstances. If they will find the prevailing customs relevant, they will automatically adopt, if not they will reject at any cost and will find the loopholes. It is practically very difficult to constantly monitor and meticulously enforce a social boycott. These kind of boycotts are fluid in nature and not long-lasting. In our society, it is not very difficult to bribe the people. Even one bottle of whisky is enough to buy the loyalty of a Panchayat Member or a group member to ease the restrictions on a censured family. In some cases, the Panchayats/social congregations would themselves exonerate the convicted family at the time of Panchayat election if the family has substantial votes.
    very well said sir, you have just sum it all.

Fer ibb tahin te Whisky ki peti pahuch jani chahiye thi Panchatiya k gharan......kham kha ka rola karwa rakhya se itne dina ka. Rk^2 uncle bhi hath khade kare haande hai aaj kal....na te we yo suggestion Hooda sahab tak pahuncha dete or Haryana mei shanti e shanti hoti.
    The word "EQUAL" has no meaning in human life

Quote Originally Posted by akshaymalik84 View Post
    Fer ibb tahin te Whisky ki peti pahuch jani chahiye thi Panchatiya k gharan......kham kha ka rola karwa rakhya se itne dina ka. Rk^2 uncle bhi hath khade kare haande hai aaj kal....na te we yo suggestion Hooda sahab tak pahuncha dete or Haryana mei shanti e shanti hoti.
    Please read "Some of the Panchayat Members" and which is true.

Please read "Some of the Panchayat Members" and which is true.
    Mr Singh, I have an objection. Nowadays panchyats elections are going on and in every panchyat there is representation in panchyat from from different castes. Would you please mind telling that those 'some' members were Jat or from other castes? Further what kind of verdict was affected by these few members in a panchyat in the lure of a bottle ? Please be precise.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Mr Singh, I have an objection. Nowadays panchyats elections are going on and in every panchyat there is representation in panchyat from from different castes. Would you please mind telling that those 'some' members were Jat or from other castes? Further what kind of verdict was affected by these few members in a panchyat in the lure of a bottle ? Please be precise.
    Samar, you are not an alien to Village and Panchayat system and their political agendas and liabilities. I expected some better thoughts and questions from your side instead of this oudated style of asking stupid questions like a new aspirant politician.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Samar, you are not an alien to Village and Panchayat system and their political agendas and liabilities. I expected some better thoughts and questions from your side instead of this oudated style of asking stupid questions like a new aspirant politician.
    Are you Mr Singh?
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Are you Mr Singh?
    Of course, Mr. Singh
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Well i have seen one thing in so called modern society.
    People drink Wine etc. in parties, in bars and even in their houses but they cannot drink in lawn of their apartment which they bought by paying crores.

Reason is simple that they gives bad effect on the neighbourhood then if same thing jats are saying in different context.Drinking is not banned by Rules but by society only so that they will not pollute the society
    Why people ask to shift wine and beer shop away from their neighbourhood?
    Same thing applies here nobody wants a KUDAGHAR near his living place.
    If a person is wounded by bullet doctors cut that part of body so that poision will not mix with blood and disable other body parts.
    These type of people should be ostracised from society.
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (April 20th, 2012), Sure (June 17th, 2012)

Are you Mr Singh?
    Yes, Samar, I was about to give the same reply which Vijay has given. So, I endorse his views and agree with him that you are a pretty mature and learned man knowing our society very well. Hence, I do not feel it necessary to reply any question, the answer of which you already know. Thanks for your attention.

[QUOTE=vpsingh;245651} Even one bottle of whisky is enough to buy the loyalty of a Panchayat Member or a group member .[/QUOTE]

VP Sahib

Did you really mean to write this?

Do you have evidence for this?

Ravi Chaudhary