View Poll Results: Do you support same Gotra marriage?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 9.04%
  • No

148 89.16%
  • Can't decide

3 1.81%
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Should the Govt amend HMA to ban 'same-gotra' marriage"?

Quote Originally Posted by piyush23 View Post
    Bhai banglore jake modern ho gaye kya.......... Jo asli jat ha wo to aisa soch nahin sakta........ Baki apwad har jagha hote hain...... Unko follow karne ki jarurat nahin ha....
    yessssssssssss ... I love being here and being modern and myself.
    At least not writing just to please others.

Just wondering who is that brave guy who voted yes.
    I could not decide and marked cant say. It's time and situation which decides right and wrong.
    Last edited by dkumars; May 13th, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80 View Post
    This thread is to share our view on whether there is a need to Amend the Hindu Marriage Act

People who oppose this say whats the need of Amendment when we are already following this. Supports says the Amedment is necessary to discourage such marriages. They say when we have other immoral and incest realtions clearly prohibited in HMA why not this same gotra marriage. They say the definition of "prohibited realtions" under HMA need to be changed or in other words law should recognise this "custom" of JATS.

This Amendment wouldnt/shouldnt affect other Hindus. It will only affect JATS and other north indians communiteis who follow this custom( and that too if they want to be part of this law).

Please vote and discuss below why would you support or oppose this amendment.

P.S: for this poll sake the Amendment is only refered to in relation to "same gotra marraige". Though many JATS oppose Same village marriage as well.
    yes this is the urgent need of time to amend HMA and the same gotra marriage should be inserted under prohibition relation so as be treated null and void.it will also benefit for the other communities in North India who are following this long standing custom.there is no harm in amending the same.

It's not about Bravery DK brother. He accidentally clicked that option .. later on he requested to change it with 'No' .. read again. I bet you won't get more than 2 votes for 'Yes' option. Be it modern liberal Jats or traditional orthodox one, no one gonna favor same-gotra marriage !

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    I could not decide and marked cant say. It's time and situation which decides right and wrong.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Yes u are right. The Amendment will happen. Its just a matter of time.
    Last edited by VirJ; September 20th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

yessssssssssss ... I love being here and being modern and myself.

After amendment u wont get many choices. U have to decide fast Lol
    Last edited by VirJ; May 13th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

I still don't know what kind of amendment is it. Will it leave no way two people of same gotra can marry? If so, it should not and will not happen.
    If it still leaves a way out, then not much use of trying to get this amendment..

In my opinion, if people actually want to make it a serious poll, these two more options also need to be added:
    1) Don't care
    2) Won't encourage marriage within village but fine with intra gotra marriage outside village

To add further

Quote Originally Posted by kusumdhochak View Post
    In my opinion, if people actually want to make it a serious poll, these two more options also need to be added:
    1) Don't care
    2) Won't encourage marriage within village but fine with intra gotra marriage outside village
    3) I don't encourage same gotra marriage but fine with marrying anywhere (same or diferent village avoiding 2-3 gotras )
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Quote Originally Posted by kusumdhochak View Post
    I still don't know what kind of amendment is it. Will it leave no way two people of same gotra can marry? If so, it should not and will not happen.
    If it still leaves a way out, then not much use of trying to get this amendment..
    There is no blueprint or any specific amendment points yet and its just "we want amendment in HMA".

Even if it happens there would be millions of loose points to marry within same gotra. for eg. change the spelling of your gotra and enjoy the difference. Phogat, Phougat, Fogat will not be same gotra ... Sihag, Siwag, Sehwag will be different gotras and same with Kadian and Kadyan and so on. They can't prepare the encylopedia of Jat gotras and their inter-gotra relationships ... forget about the village bhaichara THING.

Seriously, M weary of too many polls on same subject. Wasn't that 12 points Khap Panchayat enough.
    Where is that guy who was asking me to club my threads on luck and success etc. Dude need ur help here.
    You are absolutely right DK. It has created lot of confusion. Moderators may like to mull over it and may think of merging it with the original post "12 point Khap Panchayat ........." was good enough to cater to our needs.
    Last edited by singhvp; May 13th, 2010 at 09:02 PM.

Baheo, na tooo es per hai se, gusaa to sara us peh aa ra hai jo baut badee samaz sudhark banke NDTV PER BARKHAJI KE SHOW MEI kat kat juban CHALATEE HAI. WA AKELIYE SHER BANI HANDE SE AUR HAMARI CASTE KE KHELAP PATA NEE KYA KYA BOLTEE HANDE SE. IN FACT SHE NEEDS A SOLID BOUNCER.I DO NOT REMEMBER HER NAME NOW.
    Last edited by pratap7; May 13th, 2010 at 10:12 PM.

[QUOTE=dkumars;245408]yessssssssssss ... I love being here and being modern and myself.

upender ney terey taahi gaal baki thi we sahi thi.you proved.aapni bhaan gelyaan biyaah karein tein bahaadur ho jaa se yo to ibbey beraa paatyaa.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

Thumbs up Is honor killing justified ?

hi,,
    When things like honor killing comes up in news,,its really sad to hear..We all get to hear that economy is booming,,there is growth happening ..but somewhere down the line there is stagnancy in peoples mind..they dont want to change..Killing a person brutally is in human..No person has any right to take anyones life..Its god gift..Its shame on the so called society..Just a bunch of people can not take a decision abt a human life..Its sick..I totally condemn it..people should evolve as a human..Academics is of no use,,If it does not make u a better human being..Its sad,,but many educated people are also in favor of such killing..for them its a matter of PRIDE..
    Last edited by Reenaa; May 14th, 2010 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenaa View Post
    hi,,
    When things like honor killing comes up in news,,its really sad to hear..We all get to hear that economy is booming,,there is growth happening ..but somewhere down the line there is stagnancy in peoples mind..they dont want to change..Killing a person brutally is in human..No person has any right to take anyones life..Its god gift..Its shame on the so called society..Just a bunch of people can not take a decision abt a human life..Its sick..I totally condemn it..people should evolve as a human..Academics is of no use,,If it does not make u a better human being..Its sad,,but many educated people are also in favor of such killing..for them its a matter of PRIDE..

Yes ... very much..
    if a full grown man/woman is not able to control its lust.... does something indecent... that drags his family into blacks.... he ought to be punished and his family has full right to kill him or her ....

jab kutta bawla ho jawe to marna padya kare

Smile Oh .... another poll !

People are born as humans at different places in different communities. So, Humanism, Nationalism and Castism resectively should be their order of preference. Problems starts when people reverse this order.

Humanism respects the fundamental rights of every human, nationalism provides the identity and respect while community provides the customs, traditions and heritage to feel proud of. If people don't respect or believe in the fundamental rights of the other human beings than other things hardly makes sense.

Right of living is the fundamental right of every human being and nobody have any right to kill anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    People are born as humans at different places in different communities. So, Humanism, Nationalism and Castism resectively should be their order of preference. Problems starts when people reverse this order.

Humanism respects the fundamental rights of every human, nationalism provides the identity and respect while community provides the customs, traditions and heritage to feel proud of. If people don't respect or believe in the fundamental rights of the other human beings than other things hardly makes sense.

Right of living is the fundamental right of every human being and nobody have any right to kill anybody.

when we speak of rights .... why do we forget about the duties associated.... to keep his fathers head upright is the kins duty .....if he has got humanitarian rights , he has to be inline with what is expected out of him.. just a free think ...

Quote Originally Posted by narwaldeepak View Post
    when we speak of rights .... why do we forget about the duties associated.... to keep his fathers head upright is the kins duty .....if he has got humanitarian rights , he has to be inline with what is expected out of him.. just a free think ...
    Law provides us fundamental rights and it is our duty to respect the LAW.

Does a father keeps his head upright just by imposing his thoughts and if those thoughts are not obeyed he can kill the kids ? Is that the ONLY definition of father - son/daughter relationship ?

Parents must teach their children time to time that intercaste or same gotra marriage will not be accepted. Many lower caste boys seduce upper caste girls to prove that they are also not less to anyone and then the real problem creates. Jats basically are very dangerous and well off and when some lower caste guy challenges their pride then the blood sheds. If such couples let do what they want, then it is the insult of whole family and society as well. Other people start talking...look that Jat girl married a SC boy...Jats are getting weak...they are degenerating...etc.
    Well, according to me such couples should be ostracized from the society rather then being killed. But what if such couple deny to go far in an unknown zone. Such couple will not go far and then they will be attacked. Bitter truth is this that such couples' love remain just for 8-10 months. I have seen a lot of such lovers. Girl eloped with a boy and married in a temple or in court. For some time it's all ok, but after some months there is a split. Girl doing some job and boy is wanted. This is the damn love of such couples. They even don't know what love is all about. If such couples are hailed then it will have a bad effect on society.

And if a jat marries a Brahmin, who is highest in varna system, what happens then?
    Quote Originally Posted by upendersingh View Post
    Other people start talking...look that Jat girl married a SC boy...Jats are getting weak...they are degenerating...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    Law provides us fundamental rights and it is our duty to respect the LAW.

Does a father keeps his head upright just by imposing his thoughts and if those thoughts are not obeyed he can kill the kids ? Is that the ONLY definition of father - son/daughter relationship ?
    it takes the devil in you to kill ur own blood ,still people do that , things must have been at its extreme.
    i am very much humanitarian and respect fundamental rights of all individuals . but dint the father or say his family had a right to live with social wellness and dignity.
    when one person can put his family in such a social trauma , he can not be spared.