View Poll Results: Do you support same Gotra marriage?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 9.04%
  • No

148 89.16%
  • Can't decide

3 1.81%
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Should the Govt amend HMA to ban 'same-gotra' marriage"?

"Should the Govt amend HMA to ban 'same-gotra' marriage"?

As you all know various newspaper and news channel are having their own poll on 'same gotra marriage'. Also our site is read and quoted in the newspaper. So not to confuse 'others' who don't necessarily understand what we are talking about let us have a clear poll on this issue. This way people won't get chance to misunderstand or misquote our discussions. Also this will help them understand our view point on this particular issue.
    Last edited by VirJ; May 13th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Should the government amend the Hindu Marriage Act to Bar Same-Gotra marriages?

This thread is to share our view on whether there is a need to Amend the Hindu Marriage Act

People who oppose this say whats the need of Amendment when we are already following this. Supports says the Amedment is necessary to discourage such marriages. They say when we have other immoral and incest realtions clearly prohibited in HMA why not this same gotra marriage. They say the definition of "prohibited realtions" under HMA need to be changed or in other words law should recognise this "custom" of JATS.

This Amendment wouldnt/shouldnt affect other Hindus. It will only affect JATS and other north indians communiteis who follow this custom( and that too if they want to be part of this law).

Please vote and discuss below why would you support or oppose this amendment.

PLease note : "Same Gotra here (as called in panchayat as well) is refered as Doodh aur Khoon Ka rista Mean same Gotra from father or mother side

P.S: for this poll sake the Amendment is only refered to in relation to "same gotra marraige". Though many JATS oppose Same village marriage as well.
    Last edited by VirJ; May 14th, 2010 at 05:04 AM.

guys do u know how to change the poll vote?? i accidentally voted for extreamly wrong option
    khush raho na yaar...

Not at all ! N' I believe more then 99.99% Jat will never agree with same gotra marriage!

.. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

i have requested jakhar ji bhai sahab..
    i was too fast to reply and made this error... i wish it could asked me 'r u sure?' before submitting the vote
    khush raho na yaar...

Plzz stop these type polls........ same gotra main saadi ke bare main sochana bhi galat ha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to piyush23 For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (July 30th, 2012)

This is not for us. This is for other friken 'Journalist' and reporters to understand. One of them said on NDTV " Progressive, young jats are "OK" to marry in the same Gotras
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

Quote Originally Posted by vipin80 View Post
    As you all know various newspaper and news channel are having their own poll on 'same gotra marriage'. Also our site is read and quoted in the newspaper. So not to confuse 'others' who don't necessarily understand what we are talking about let us have a clear poll on this issue. This way people won't get chance to misunderstand or misquote our discussions. Also this will help them understand our view point on this particular issue.

kise gaam me jaake ar 4 samajhdar aadmiya ke beech me koi yaa baat pooch le to thappad bhi lag sake hai .... this post doesnt hold any validity .....

This is not for us. This is for other friken 'Journalist' and reporters to understand. One of them said on NDTV " Progressive, young jats are "OK" to marry in the same Gotras
    Bhai NDTV ko office kathe ha....... Aur journnlist ko naam aur e-mail id ke sa....???
    Jake hi jawab dena padega use.

Quote Originally Posted by narwaldeepak View Post
    kise gaam me jaake ar 4 samajhdar aadmiya ke beech me koi yaa baat pooch le to thappad bhi lag sake hai .... this post doesnt hold any validity .....
    Lol Yes. But this is not a post for discussion. There cant be any discussion about it( in my opinion) and these media houses need to STOP discussing this on TV/Paper. Its just a poll to show other 'nomad' journos who visit this site. I hope after this poll they will shut their A@@ up and stop discussing this thing on their paper or TV.

Anyway I was asked to conduct this poll. If anyone doesnt want it or feel offended this thread can be deleted.

i doubt if they rely on our polls.... they have already setup their mind for what they want to show people of world about us.... still ur motive is nice...

Lol Yes. But this is not a post for discussion. There cant be any discussion about it( in my opinion) and these media houses need to STOP discussing this on TV/Paper. Its just a poll to show other 'nomad' journos who visit this site. I hope after this poll they will shut their A@@ up and stop discussing this thing on their paper or TV.

Anyway I was asked to conduct this poll. If anyone doesnt want it or feel offended this thread can be deleted.

.... not at all sir... my only concern was .. arent we putting an extra thought( thought of being some scopes) in young minds who visit this site often.. by such polls.... i know ur idea behind raising this thread is fair

If people outside community have a problem in us following our customs… and if they criticize any effort of ours to patronize the our Jat traditions… lets get it legalized . Be it Media or anyone who is non-jat (including some so called ultra modern jats who have deteriorated their minds in effect of these refugees) , should know that Jats hold it right at the top and cannot be culturally contaminated .

i was a bit confused over the issue, but YES this makes sense !!!
    v
    v

Quote Originally Posted by narwaldeepak View Post
    If people outside community have a problem in us following our customs… and if they criticize any effort of ours to patronize the our Jat traditions… lets get it legalized . Be it Media or anyone who is non-jat (including some so called ultra modern jats who have deteriorated their minds in effect of these refugees) , should know that Jats hold it right at the top and cannot be culturally contaminated .
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

one can not even think about same gotra marriage

Ajay Verma

Moderators should help Narindra

Quote Originally Posted by narendra81 View Post
    guys do u know how to change the poll vote?? i accidentally voted for extreamly wrong option
    Ajay Verma

Seriously, M weary of too many polls on same subject. Wasn't that 12 points Khap Panchayat enough.
    Where is that guy who was asking me to club my threads on luck and success etc. Dude need ur help here.

Quote Originally Posted by ajayverma1973 View Post
    one can not even think about same gotra marriage
    No boss ... one can think, depends who is one
    In fact many have made stories, that's why this discussion.

Lol People wanted these two polls. Didnt have option to put these under one thread. If somone can combine please do so. That mahapanchayat one wasn't clear on this and was misrepresented in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    No boss ... one can think, depends who is one
    In fact many have made stories, that's why this discussion.
    Bhai banglore jake modern ho gaye kya.......... Jo asli jat ha wo to aisa soch nahin sakta........ Baki apwad har jagha hote hain...... Unko follow karne ki jarurat nahin ha....