Thread: Kernel_stack_inpaige_error

Kernel_stack_inpaige_error

Hello techys,
    My laptop is 3 years old and its second time when it was shut down with the message kernel_stack_inpaige_error. What does it mean and how can I correct it? What options do I have like get new machine or anything to replace in current machine?
    Its hp dv6000 series machine with windows vista, nvidia graphics, 1gb RAM, intel centrino duo processor and 120 gb hard disc.

Waiting for your advice.

Regards.
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

Quote Originally Posted by jakhar77 View Post
    Hello techys,
    My laptop is 3 years old and its second time when it was shut down with the message kernel_stack_inpaige_error. What does it mean and how can I correct it? What options do I have like get new machine or anything to replace in current machine?
    Its hp dv6000 series machine with windows vista, nvidia graphics, 1gb RAM, intel centrino duo processor and 120 gb hard disc.

Waiting for your advice.

Regards.
    Please find the Microsoft url for this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228753

Downgrade to Windows XP or go for Windows 7 if you can.. configuration is OK i believe.

Jakhar bhai,

Do u see a blue screen when this error appear? If yes than run the Hard disk test to check for bad sector. Run the ram test as well. Check for virus. scan all computer.

I have a feeling that it wont allow u to complete the Ram test . But try.

Does ur laptop overheat too much?

Let us know the result.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Try some hotfix which applies to this problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956871

Thanks to all.
    Vipin Ji, yes, I do see a blue screen when this error occurs. I have scanned the laptop with eset smart security 4 but no virus found. I also have spybot S&D and scan regularly.
    I think it overheats as well for last few months.
    जाट महान
    ----------

WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing. Therefore, it is intended only for systems or computers that are experiencing the exact problem that is described in the one or more Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are listed in "KB Article Numbers" field in the table at the end of this e-mail message. If you are not sure whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, we encourage you to wait for the next service pack release. The service pack will include a fully tested version of this fix. We understand that it can be difficult to determine whether any compatibility or installation issues are associated with a hotfix. If you want confirmation that this hotfix addresses your specific problem, or if you want to confirm whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, support professionals in Customer Support Services can help you with that. For information about how to contact support, copy the following link and then past it into your Web browser:

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    Try some hotfix which applies to this problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956871
    जाट महान
    ----------

Bhai BIOS main jake Hard Drive Self Test and Memory Test run karlo. Make sure you run Comperhensive hard drive test. If hardware is ok, just put in DVD you may have got with this machine and reinstall windows.

Thanks to all.
    Vipin Ji, yes, I do see a blue screen when this error occurs. I have scanned the laptop with eset smart security 4 but no virus found. I also have spybot S&D and scan regularly.
    I think it overheats as well for last few months.
    Jakhar bhai run both test as i mentioned above. I know what the problem is but first try these 2 test

Also do use a cooling fan with this laptop & update Nvidea patch
    Last edited by VirJ; June 18th, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

I suppose that there is no error in hardware but it is some sort of internal memory problem while booting the system. If you have the Windows DVD (as Yudhvir suggested ), reinstall the Windows.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

Also jakhar bhai i m no tech guy so please do as tech guys says first, if still unresolved send me email or let me know here.

Cheers

Hard drive self test status- #1-07 fail

I did format my system 5 months ago. This machine has inbuilt recovery section (hp recovery) on its hard disc. I also created the recovery disc.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Bhai BIOS main jake Hard Drive Self Test and Memory Test run karlo. Make sure you run Comperhensive hard drive test. If hardware is ok, just put in DVD you may have got with this machine and reinstall windows.
    जाट महान
    ----------

WARNING This hotfix has not undergone full testing. Therefore, it is intended only for systems or computers that are experiencing the exact problem that is described in the one or more Microsoft Knowledge Base articles that are listed in "KB Article Numbers" field in the table at the end of this e-mail message. If you are not sure whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, we encourage you to wait for the next service pack release. The service pack will include a fully tested version of this fix. We understand that it can be difficult to determine whether any compatibility or installation issues are associated with a hotfix. If you want confirmation that this hotfix addresses your specific problem, or if you want to confirm whether any special compatibility or installation issues are associated with this hotfix, support professionals in Customer Support Services can help you with that. For information about how to contact support, copy the following link and then past it into your Web browser:
    This warning comes with every hotfix . Install service pack 2. That might help you to get rid of this error.

I have SP 2 installed already. Windows vista home premium service pack 2.

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    This warning comes with every hotfix . Install service pack 2. That might help you to get rid of this error.
    जाट महान
    ----------

bhai ji Hard drive kharab hai, Puch loo kitne ke hai nai hard drive.. I am sure it won't be less than 7-8K. It's your call if you want to buy hard drive or want to buy new machine..

Hard drive self test status- #1-07 fail
    Jakhar bhai how did u run this test. Do u know the manufacturer of this hard drive? Also try this

1. Open My Computer by double-clicking on the icon on the desktop.
    2. Right-click on the drive letter that you wish to check for errors (usually C and click on the Properties menu item.
    3. Choose the "Tools" tab and click on the Check Now... button.
    1. Two options are available in the next window:
    2. Automatically fix file system errors will correct many file system errors detected. This is highly recommended.

• Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors will perform a search for areas of the hard drive that may be damaged or unusable. If found, this tool will mark those areas as "bad" and prevent your computer from using them in the future. This is a very useful feature but may extend the scan time as much as a few hours.
    1. Click Start.
    2. Allow the Error Checking program to run its course until complete.
    3. Restart the PC if prompted to do so.
    Dont scan the recovery partition.

If no error than do Ram test through BIOS or there are some free programs available on internet

Thank you all again.
    I performed "chkdsk" yesterday as what told by Vipin Ji in above post and there was a bad sector and it was identified by this error check.
    I hope it is fixed now. The memory test is not in the BIOS, there is only primary hard drive self test option available but hp website says it has memory test in BIOS. I do not know why it is not there in my machine. Even I saw screenshots of the BIOS from other machines.

Regards.
    जाट महान
    ----------

The HP has mem test in bios though not easy to find. I forgot now exactly what u need to press. havent used HP laptop since a few years. U can download free mem test software online like memtest86

Jakahr ji try this test

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Sahee kaha Yudhvir Bhai .. I think hardisk gayee.. mere saath bhi yeh problem aaye thee lasy year..
    sab test karke dekh liye koi faayda nahee ..

Jakhar Bhai nehru palace main mil jaayegee hard disk 3-4k main..
    'Anything is Possible '

' Just do it '