Thread: excercise with half strenght acc to ayurved

excercise with half strenght acc to ayurved

in ayurveda its is written that "aadhe bal se vyayaam karna chahiye" , means excercise shold be done by half of our stength.

what could be the probable meaning of that. and what is the benefit of doing excercise with half strength?

can anybody plz throw some light?

hi, from where did you learn this..looks you are reading some good books.. i can explain this but you tell me the complete info from where u have read this.
    actually ayurveda belives in balance in everything, if you will exhaust yourself totally ...spend your whole energy into physical excerise..( i am talking about gym excercises...)then ur body wont have energy left to do other things {even for digestion energy is needed }, u must understand that gym excercises make your muscles look gud for some time and as soon as u stop doing weights ,chest press etc etc what happens..u know..u must have seen people around..you know in ayurveda, excercise is not advised in summer ..and (sex also should be mininum) as in summer the sun takes away lots of our energy ao for a man who wants a long healthy life its advised he should do evrything in balance..considering acc. to time place age , food habits ,life style , work etc.

we believe in samyak ahar samyak vihar..
    in ayurveda even non veg food and alcohol is advised to take ...but in proper amount and time and in what combination and which season what kind of food you should take etc
    this is enough i suppose.......
    iam tired myself typing such a long ESSAY..
    JUST KIDDING
    TC BYE
    rs

Quote Originally Posted by rashmisingh View Post
    actually ayurveda belives in balance in everything, if you will exhaust yourself totally ...spend your whole energy into physical excerise..( i am talking about gym excercises...)then ur body wont have energy left to do other things {even for digestion energy is needed }, u must understand that gym excercises make your
    Mere to digest nai huwi yeh theory...
    Simple concept of exercise which I have been knowing, is that to strengthen any part or muscles of your body you to have to sustain exercise beyond your capability.. so I don’t understand what benfits one is likely to gain if he/she do exercise with half of his/her strength coz he/she can do that easily without feeling any pressure/pain in the body part inovles at that particular moment..

We do exercise to increase and maintain the overall performance and efficiency of our body and perofcance can be enhanced only if you put extra efforts..
    For eg while running one aim for improving stamina, efficiency of lungs enabling them to preserve maximum oxygen and this can be achieved only if you run beyond your capabilities..Otherwise no use of it…

Meri to yehi salah hai ki net par fitness ke topic ko google na hi karo to acha hai.. nai to koi milk peene se bimari batawega aur koi kuch..
    Btw I agree exercise in gym should be avoided..
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

i read this in some ayurvedic article. i dont remember the book. i started this and i find myself beter than before. earlier i use to do excercise with full effort. but now i do with half the strength. i feel much better strength in my body than before. it actually works. i have tried it.

i think half strength excercise conserves the body energy and is v r not exhausted completely. i do desi excercises like dand baithak with half the effort now. and i feel really good, better than before.. i have better digestion, got ideal body weight (i was bit underweight before at 63 kg, now i m 68 kg. my ht is 5'8") physique is better than before, better muscular strength, and i feel it.
    earlier i used to feel tired in the day, but not now.

this is how i do it:
    my push up capacity is 50 max in one set. now i do only 25.
    same thing i do with other excercises. and i ve also reduced number of sets to half.

ayurveda is right
    i dont know thw book where its writen, but it is from some ayurvedic text.
    Last edited by arvind1069; August 7th, 2010 at 02:40 PM.

Re bhai samjhega to digest hogi na,

bhai aapne yo running wala example diya hai, aap agar full speed se running karenge to maximum 200-300mtr. mai aap thak jayenge, after that u need some rest to get ur energy back.

Ayurveda ke according half strength se exercise karoge to aap exercise jayada time or continuous kar sakte ho, which give u more strength n stamina for longer time.
    :rock Who CARESSSSSS :rock

As far as exertion of energy towards physical exercise is concerned, you have to communicate with your body and brain. There is no hard and fast rule as to what percentage of total energy available should be spent on one particular day. Dr. Rashmi has rightly suggested that everything should be in a right proportion and excess of everything is always harmful. Your body and senses will tell you where to stop. One can never exhaust his/her total energy. If he/she intends to do so, it should be ensured that an ambulance is available in the nearby areas. Dr. Rashmi's another argument that we should minimize the exercise in summer and should discipline our sexual behaviour is very much valid as India's summer takes its own toll and one doesn't need to do anything to burn the calories. Jogging is one of the best exercises which does not require any logistics and everyone can afford it. So lets start from tomorrow itself and share the benefits after 6 months. Apart from exercise, it is very important to eat healthy and balanced food containing lot of green and leafy vegetables.

Kapalbhati aur pranayam karte rahna.
    Last edited by singhvp; August 7th, 2010 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arvind1069 View Post
    i think half strength excercise conserves the body energy and is v r not exhausted completely. i do desi excercises like dand baithak with half the effort now. and i feel really good, better than before.. i have better digestion, got ideal body weight (i was bit underweight before at 63 kg, now i m 68 kg. my ht is 5'8") physique is better than before, better muscular strength, and i feel it.
    earlier i used to feel tired in the day, but not now.

this is how i do it:
    my push up capacity is 50 max in one set. now i do only 25.
    same thing i do with other excercises. and i ve also reduced number of sets to half.

ayurveda is right
    i dont know thw book where its writen, but it is from some ayurvedic text.
    ये बात बिलकुल सही है आयुर्वेद की और बहुत प्रसिद्द भी है. मैंने भी पढ़ा था स्वामी ओमानंद- गुरुकुल झज्जर वाले की किताब में.
    आयुर्वेद कहता है कि अपनी सामर्थ्य से बहुत कम और बहुत ज्यादा व्यायाम ना करें. इसका पैमाना ये है कि जब पसीना आ जाए और सांस फूलने लगे तो रुक जाओ
    और अगर अभ्यास बढ़ाना है तो थोड़ी देर आराम करके, मेरा मतलब है २-३ मिनट आराम करके फिर से शुरू कर सकते है.
    ज्यादा व्यायाम भी शरीर के लिए नुक्सान दायक है भाई लोगो. उतना करो जिसमे पसीना आ जाए और हलकी सी थकन लगने लगे. अगर दंड बैठक को बढ़ाना है तो धीरे धीरे बढ़ाते जाओ. अर भाई अगर प्राणायाम भी थोडा सा कर लो व्यायाम के बाद तो बहुत ही बढ़िया है. मैं तो व्यायाम के बाद थोडा प्राणायाम भी करता हूँ, ज्यादा अच्छा फील होता है.
    जिंदगी पथ है मंजिल की तरफ जाने का,
    जिंदगी नाम है तूफानों से टकराने का.
    मौत तो बस चैन से सो जाने की बदनामी है,
    जिंदगी गीत है मस्ती से सदा गाने का..

Quote Originally Posted by rashmisingh View Post
    excercise is not advised in summer ..and (sex also should be mininum) as in summer the sun takes away lots of our energy ao for a man who wants a long healthy life its advised he should do evrything in balance..considering acc. to time place age , food habits ,life style , work etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    Dr. Rashmi's another argument that we should minimize the exercise in summer and should discipline our sexual behaviour is very much valid as India's summer takes its own toll and one doesn't need to do anything to burn the calories.
    A quickie doesnt take too much calories I guess. Hahahahaha

I used to run continuously in Indian Summer. I found that the best time to run is early morning in summer and I never felt exhausted. I mean, I did feel exhausted that time but for the rest of the day I used to feel great. Yes, reason is it is not too hot that time. I used to run till I had strength. Drink lot of water. We also used to play football for about 2-3 hours in the morning in summer and were never advised not to play. I never had a problem. I dont know about the books you are talking about but I think you are advised not to exercise too much in sun or in too much heat as you can risk heat stroke.

For muscles and strength : I met this guy who was chosen a MR in some event. He told me one of the best way to develop muslces is to do resistance exercise more than what you think you can do. Means if you think u can pull/lift 90 KG try 95. If after some time it feels easy or comfortable, increase it. Take some rest between each rep. As soon as u feel u are ready, start another set. Push your body. In other words, Tear apart your muscles and then have rest for at leasr 48 hours. This way muscles will be torn and then they will rebuild themself and will grow much bigger and stronger. Of course, you need to eat well too. These muscles increase ur metabolism or u can say they eat away ur fat. But u need to have a good 7-8 hours sleep too.

What you guys think about this?
    Last edited by VirJ; August 9th, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

very well said vipin.... i agree....
    first of all, growing muscles and loosing fats is entirely different concept and hence require different training too...
    if a fat guy want to loose fat, he need to do a lot of aerobics, jogging, cycling etc etc as much as he can...
    thumbrule is burn more than u eat so the body has to eat/burn ur accumulated fats.... itz a smooth and gradual process which needs time and consistency as well as good rest/sleep...

again u need to go beyond ur capacity to improve.... if I work with half of my capacity how can I improve?? instead I'll loose my capicity and after sometime I will start feeling this half capicity as my full one and further half according to above theory.... look which way I will go....

for the muscle building, vipin has already explained it well, nothing to add...

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    A quickie doesnt take too much calories I guess. Hahahahaha

I used to run continuously in Indian Summer. I found that the best time to run is early morning in summer and I never felt exhausted. I mean, I did feel exhausted that time but for the rest of the day I used to feel great. Yes, reason is it is not too hot that time. I used to run till I had strength. Drink lot of water. We also used to play football for about 2-3 hours in the morning in summer and were never advised not to play. I never had a problem. I dont know about the books you are talking about but I think you are advised not to exercise too much in sun or in too much heat as you can risk heat stroke.

For muscles and strength : I met this guy who was chosen a MR in some event. He told me one of the best way to develop muslces is to do resistance exercise more than what you think you can do. Means if you think u can pull/lift 90 KG try 95. If after some time it feels easy or comfortable, increase it. Take some rest between each rep. As soon as u feel u are ready, start another set. Push your body. In other words, Tear apart your muscles and then have rest for at leasr 48 hours. This way muscles will be torn and then they will rebuild themself and will grow much bigger and stronger. Of course, you need to eat well too. These muscles increase ur metabolism or u can say they eat away ur fat. But u need to have a good 7-8 hours sleep too.

What you guys think about this?
    khush raho na yaar...

Quote Originally Posted by narendra81 View Post
    for the muscle building, vipin has already explained it well, nothing to add...
    Thanks Buddy. But I delibrately left sexual behaviour topic which u can explain. Hahahahahahahhaha.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

bhai u r asking this question to a wrong person... I am single....
    may me someone married (or experienced) can throw some light who has realy observed any relation between sexual activities and itz impact on physical health...
    BTW I have read that many football coaches recommend their players to have sex before matches for better performence so this contradicts with above theory that sex can burn enough calories and shld be avoided in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    Thanks Buddy. But I delibrately left sexual behaviour topic which u can explain. Hahahahahahahhaha.
    khush raho na yaar...

I think people mixed up the two various aspects of exercise.

Ayurveda is a complete handbook of medicine and fitness and it describes all the aspects of curing the diseases and other health issues. The line extracted from the Ayurveda is absolutely correct but seems to be misinterprated without knowing the context. It doesn't says who should adapt this excerise pattern.

The Ayurveda line holds true for the people who just like to maintain their present fitness level and want to carry forward in the same way in future. Exercising with half the strength clearly means that you just have to burn extra fat in your body to remain fit and healthy. This also holds true for the middle aged people and for the people who are not involved in any kind of daily physical work.

On the other hand, if someone like to improve the physical stamina and muscle power then he certainly need to stretch his muscles beyond the present stretchable limits. That's the ONLY way to improve the performance and efficiency.

So, in this regard i totally agree with Mukesh and Vipin.
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

BTW I have read that many football coaches recommend their players to have sex before matches for better performence so this contradicts with above theory that sex can burn enough calories and shld be avoided in summer.

Who can explain it better than Emblem of Body Building, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He says "I get laid on purpose. I can't sleep before a competition and I'm up all night, anyway, so instead of staring at the ceiling I figure I might as well find somebody and ........ "

He used to have a lot of sex before any competition and advised the same to others by saying, "Sex is another kind of exercise, another body function."

He talks about it in details in his Autobiography 'The Education of a Bodybuilder'

Does anybody need any proof from Arnold what he said ?
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

I disagree to this statement. I dont think it will improve ur performance because its a physical exercise.

I guess its more due to the fact that if u have urge for something better satisy it(if u can) then devote yourself to the next task.So that mentally u are more focused toward ur task. Hence better performance.
    Last edited by bharti; August 10th, 2010 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post

Who can explain it better than Emblem of Body Building, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He says "I get laid on purpose. I can't sleep before a competition and I'm up all night, anyway, so instead of staring at the ceiling I figure I might as well find somebody and ........ "

He used to have a lot of sex before any competition and advised the same to others by saying, "Sex is another kind of exercise, another body function."

He talks about it in details in his Autobiography 'The Education of a Bodybuilder'

Does anybody need any proof from Arnold what he said ?

Very sensational and educative revelation. Someone has rightly said (Perhaps Shobha De) "I dont know why we Indians are so shy of using these three letters s e x". Sex is an integral part of animate matter or organism and should be freely dealt with. It should no more be exercised as taboo, at least by you - the educated people. We can share our views freely if it has something to do with our health.

So far, I was obsessed with the concept of 'Brahamcharya' which was inculcated into my mind by the influence of Arya Samaj. In fact, the entire Jat community has been under the influence of Arya Samaj and our value system is predominantly defined by the scriptures of Vedas. But, we need to come out, re-think and re-define our value system and tenets of a healthy living. We need to give a serious thought to this issue and must impart proper education on health science based on a reviewed and updated curriculum, to our coming generations. Vijay has given a very thought-provoking issue by providing excerpts from Terminator's autobiography. We have no reason to disbelieve Schwarzenegger and must emulate him if his advice is gracious to our health.

Last edited by singhvp; August 10th, 2010 at 07:49 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

Prikshit (October 18th, 2011)

एक त एक एंडी पड़ा से | थोडा सा सेक्स का जिकरा होया आर सब आ लिए लाइन प | थम कसूत सो सारे .. शोभा डे त ले के अर्नोल्ड तक सारे बिछा दिए आड़े :rock :tamatar

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    एक त एक एंडी पड़ा से | थोडा सा सेक्स का जिकरा होया आर सब आ लिए लाइन प | थम कसूत सो सारे .. शोभा डे त ले के अर्नोल्ड तक सारे बिछा दिए आड़े :rock :tamatar
    hahahahahahaha Pannu..Jaabe to yu thread special interests aale section mai sai :D