Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Martial Law in India, Need of the hour! .. your thoughts ..

Lightbulb Martial Law in India, Need of the hour! .. your thoughts ..

Hi All,

I've been observing and thinking hard about the ways to improve ever worsening condition in India, lately. After giving in deep thoughts, compare n' contrast I reached to conclusion that its high time to impose Martial Law in India to save this country to be ruined. I know most of you'll be taken surprise by my extremist thinking but believe me this is the only way to improve situations quickly.

For the first time I voted , earlier I used to hate politics like anything but I tried to be lil positive and casted my vote and hoped for the better. But as expected, situation got worse. I strongly believe Democracy is absurd in our country. Hell lot of parties, criminal candidates, bloody sucking politicians and lot more. First we cast our vote to these sucking parasites n' when they come in to power they don't lose a chance to suck our blood n' ruin the country. The gap between poor and rich ppl is ever increasing .. our GDP is growing day by day but our poor farmers are committing suicide every single minutes. Corruption is now socially acceptable .. ethics, princple and honesty don't have any place nowadays. Snail Paced Law & Order, increasing industrialization, bureaucracy and thousands of such examples that proves failure of democracy n' they say situations are improving, WTF!

Leave democracy n' politics even we Indians are literate ignorant ppl who lake civic sense and don't care about basic duties forget about patriotism but we don't leave a chance to shout out loud about our rights, freedom of expression and blame country. I think we got freedom in free therefore we don't value it and started abusing it. Thus its time to teach us a lesson and make it responsible n' disciplined.

I advocate Martial Law because you can see the visible differences if you happen to visit your City's Army Cantt. Everything is organized, clean n' tidy, Law & order is same for all, everyone is dynamic, full of zeal and disciplined. And you also are aware that where everything fails Army is called to take care of the situation. Although corruption is also in Army but it is negligible and if comes in front it is eliminated with iron feast. Look at the recent example a Brig got caught showing fake bill of Rs 4000 and he' going to face the Court Marshall soon while in democracy A neta like gauda did scam of thousands of crores and still he comes out clean. Army is the organization where Discipline, Integrity, Honesty are building blocks. Even if u compare the Musharafff's Martial Ruling period in Pakistan and China's communist Rule you'll see the big difference.

Debates, Talks, Dialogs, false promises by so called intellectuals are total failure and its time to teach ******* politicians and ignorant ppl a lesson and feel of their duties. They call its a need of improvement in system wheres I believe its need of changing the whole system. They say situations are improving, we are developing country be patient and I say you'll be history but things will get only worsen, I tell you. If you really want to save this country then impose the Martial Law there is no other quick fix.

Happy Independence Day to to the few Sensible Indians who truly value n' understand the meaning of Freedom, Jai Hind !

Think about it ! ..

Cheers
    Jit

Last edited by cooljat; August 15th, 2010 at 11:18 AM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (October 30th, 2013)

Check the plight of countries where martial law is/was in force. Burma, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, several African countries, Cuba, N. Korea etc etc. That;s where the martial law leads the country to....

What about little talked monsterous courruption going on in defence deals from sugar to furniture to Air Condition to ration to arms to promotions?
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

well said Mr.Jit Takhar ..........

fully agree with you................
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

I already mentioned about court marshal of a Brig who found guilty of showing fake bills of 4000 Rs. I never denied corruption in Army but its quite low and if someone found red handed, he'll get punishment for sure that too quickly. If your really want to talk about it then start comparing with the corroupt ministers and bureaucrats with Army officials.

Ignorant ppl don't deserve freedom which they got for free and start abusing it and teach them about their duties n' civic sense and to apply uniform law, Martial Law is the need of hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    What about little talked monsterous courruption going on in defence deals from sugar to furniture to Air Condition to ration to arms to promotions?
    Last edited by cooljat; August 17th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (October 30th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Ignorant ppl don't deserve freedom which they got for free and stop abusing it and teach them about their duties n' civic sense and to apply uniform law, Martial Law is the need of hour!
    Jit bhai, Define 'Ignorant'?

well Jeet .................
    compeletelly agreed with u ..................
    regards,
    चालबो गैला को चाहे फेर इ हो.
    छाया मौक़ा की चाहे कैर इ हो.
    धीनो भेंस को चाहे सेर इ हो.
    अ'र बेठ्बो भायाँ को चाहे बैर इ हो.

Bhai, I already defined the traits of Educated ignorant people but if you want I do it again in easy to learn desi lingo!

पढ़े लिखे गंवार who lack basic civic sense, highly irresponsible and give a damn to their moral duties for country!

Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Jit bhai, Define 'Ignorant'?

Jit, What a topic.

Well, I’m not sure what kind of Martial Law you are proposing here but irrespective to this I can easily feel your dissatisfaction with the existing system. I can understand that it is very hard to turn a blind eye for a sensible person toward the things happening here and there. It is very true that situation is getting worst day by day.
    A quick review of the current state can make anyone conclude that nothing is working in the way it is expected to work. It is not democracy rather it is a finest example of the anarchy.

Well, I fully agree that no form of government is better than democracy. Democracy is a finest system. if it is fines then why it is not producing effective result in our country. Why it is continue to fail in addressing the grievance of people. Why?

The good thing with the democracy is that it is the reflexion of the society/people therefore the performance of democracy entirely depends on the quality of the people/society in which it is working. A democracy works effectively only with the 100% active and constructive participation of the public. In a democracy public is expected to be equally concerned with duties as they are with their rights.
    In absence of the above scenario the democracy would seems to be proving the famous saying right that “ A democracy is just a group of 51% fool who rules over 59% intellectuals”

In India where people are getting more individualistic and self centered and running away from their duties, where corruption got social acceptance, where majority of people don’t know the importance of a vote, where election is mere a show of muscles and black money, how one can expect effective results from a democratic system.

Inspite of being fond of democracy, I don’t hesitate to accept that democracy failed miserably in addressing the problem of this Country. We had expected that democracy would bring prosperity, equality, stability and peace in the country but none of the objective is achieved, infact we have shifted ourselves on a different path that is leading the nation toward disaster.

I see many a so called intellectuals still advocating democracy in India while justying it with arguments of freedom of speech, freedom to criticize and by bringing the example of failures of other form of governments.

I agree that none of the system is fully perfect and democracy provides many rights but why the hell should I be concerned with democracy when it fails to provide me timely justice, equal opportunity, quality food and basic necessities to live my life happily.

Today India is divided into two parts. One is INDIA whose day begins and ends with multiplexes, brightening shopping malls, cafe and all sort of luxuries of the life whereas on other hand there is BHARAT a BPL bharat who continue to work hard to arrange two times of meal. One side a child play with toys whereas on other side a child of same age is forced to pick polytheans and work on teal stalls. In a family even the dog has the access of hygienic food whereas on other side there is families which even find it hard to arrange food forget about hygiene.

The gap between INDIA & BHARAT is continue to increase. Then why should I care for democracy.

And you talk about freedom of speech and freedom to criticize. Are you sure that you really enjoy it in its true spirit. These rights are very much placed in constitution but I wonder if people are really able to use them.

Agar shak hai to kisi politician ko uske samne criticize kar ke dekh lena…ya phir kisi mafia ki uske samne burai kar ke dekh liyo..ya kisi police wale ko law ki isi tesi karte huwe tok ke dekh liyo.. PATA chal jayega.. bolti band na ho ja to mujhe bataiyoo…
    Therefore I strongly feel that if this system is unable to provide an eaual opportunity to all to live a good life then it is a waste. The sooner it is changed the better it is.

Most of us have access to a laptop and internet and by surfing one or two site we mistaken that we are well updated about the real picture of the country. it is easy to comment while sitting in AC rooms but very difficult to understand the pain of crores of victims of this bullshit system.

It really surprises me when I see many of us still advocating this unproductive system. can’t you just see the ground reality. are you afraid of losing your comfort zone?

We have waited almost 64 years but can’t tolerate this state of anarchy anymore. I don’t advocate martial law or any other law rather I want a system that works. I’m not sure how effective the martial law would be but it can atleast bring a change. It may atleast teach us a lesson of discipline and civic sense which we lacks totally. It may also let us feel the importance of democracy as we generally don’t feel the importance of something till it comes free of cost.

But now it is high time that we pay the price for the freedom we enjoyed and mistakes we done. I’m ready to sacrifice my part of freedom for a system that may bring result and make the nation prosper, stable and peaceful.
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mukeshkumar007 For This Useful Post:

cooljat (October 27th, 2012)

Forget martial law, I say let's get the Brits back to rule over us "ignorant" people.

By the way, if someone really wants to understand concepts like democracy, anarchy, etc., I'd highly recommend watching Noam Chomsky videos on these themes on youtube. It'd be time very well spent.

Need of the hour is not martial law but affirmative & progressive leadership.Rest all the things will fall in place with time!!!!
    "Whenever u r criticised, Don't get upset. Always remember this "No Stones r thrown on a fruitless tree"

Where such leaders exist ? Tell me one single Leader who's capable to bring a single change.
    Bro, Martial Law is the only solution to improve the adverse situation .. cuz' Army officers are the best leaders. They practice what they preach and always lead from the front.

It may sound funny to many of you guys cuz' you yourself has been habitual to all this and resist for change. For us personal freedom matters most and responsibility towards Country is nil. Its feels ironical when ppl talk about improvement in today's flawed n' corrupt system.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanthooda View Post
    Need of the hour is not martial law but affirmative & progressive leadership.Rest all the things will fall in place with time!!!!
    Last edited by cooljat; August 18th, 2010 at 11:33 AM.

Mukesh,

You explained and raise the real issues very well, appreciate that.

I wonder how the people justifying such flawed democracy of India, I rather denote it as Gunda-Raj! Here few of guys giving example of various martial law imposment and their consequences. I ask them first compare their Army with our own and see the difference and moreover let's talk about the emerging power China. How they are rising and thriving in every single sector. How they achieving new heights & giving tough competition to powerful nations. Look at their discipline, organization, determination and every single citizen's contribution towards their country.

It a wake up call and we are snoozing it again & again. If Army doesn't intervene in this corrupt democracy .. they doomsday is not far away.

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    Jit, What a topic.

Well, I’m not sure what kind of Martial Law you are proposing here but irrespective to this I can easily feel your dissatisfaction with the existing system. I can understand that it is very hard to turn a blind eye for a sensible person toward the things happening here and there. It is very true that situation is getting worst day by day.
    A quick review of the current state can make anyone conclude that nothing is working in the way it is expected to work. It is not democracy rather it is a finest example of the anarchy.

Well, I fully agree that no form of government is better than democracy. Democracy is a finest system. if it is fines then why it is not producing effective result in our country. Why it is continue to fail in addressing the grievance of people. Why?

The good thing with the democracy is that it is the reflexion of the society/people therefore the performance of democracy entirely depends on the quality of the people/society in which it is working. A democracy works effectively only with the 100% active and constructive participation of the public. In a democracy public is expected to be equally concerned with duties as they are with their rights.
    In absence of the above scenario the democracy would seems to be proving the famous saying right that “ A democracy is just a group of 51% fool who rules over 59% intellectuals”

In India where people are getting more individualistic and self centered and running away from their duties, where corruption got social acceptance, where majority of people don’t know the importance of a vote, where election is mere a show of muscles and black money, how one can expect effective results from a democratic system.

Inspite of being fond of democracy, I don’t hesitate to accept that democracy failed miserably in addressing the problem of this Country. We had expected that democracy would bring prosperity, equality, stability and peace in the country but none of the objective is achieved, infact we have shifted ourselves on a different path that is leading the nation toward disaster.

I see many a so called intellectuals still advocating democracy in India while justying it with arguments of freedom of speech, freedom to criticize and by bringing the example of failures of other form of governments.

I agree that none of the system is fully perfect and democracy provides many rights but why the hell should I be concerned with democracy when it fails to provide me timely justice, equal opportunity, quality food and basic necessities to live my life happily.

Today India is divided into two parts. One is INDIA whose day begins and ends with multiplexes, brightening shopping malls, cafe and all sort of luxuries of the life whereas on other hand there is BHARAT a BPL bharat who continue to work hard to arrange two times of meal. One side a child play with toys whereas on other side a child of same age is forced to pick polytheans and work on teal stalls. In a family even the dog has the access of hygienic food whereas on other side there is families which even find it hard to arrange food forget about hygiene.

The gap between INDIA & BHARAT is continue to increase. Then why should I care for democracy.

And you talk about freedom of speech and freedom to criticize. Are you sure that you really enjoy it in its true spirit. These rights are very much placed in constitution but I wonder if people are really able to use them.

Agar shak hai to kisi politician ko uske samne criticize kar ke dekh lena…ya phir kisi mafia ki uske samne burai kar ke dekh liyo..ya kisi police wale ko law ki isi tesi karte huwe tok ke dekh liyo.. PATA chal jayega.. bolti band na ho ja to mujhe bataiyoo…
    Therefore I strongly feel that if this system is unable to provide an eaual opportunity to all to live a good life then it is a waste. The sooner it is changed the better it is.

Most of us have access to a laptop and internet and by surfing one or two site we mistaken that we are well updated about the real picture of the country. it is easy to comment while sitting in AC rooms but very difficult to understand the pain of crores of victims of this bullshit system.

It really surprises me when I see many of us still advocating this unproductive system. can’t you just see the ground reality. are you afraid of losing your comfort zone?

We have waited almost 64 years but can’t tolerate this state of anarchy anymore. I don’t advocate martial law or any other law rather I want a system that works. I’m not sure how effective the martial law would be but it can atleast bring a change. It may atleast teach us a lesson of discipline and civic sense which we lacks totally. It may also let us feel the importance of democracy as we generally don’t feel the importance of something till it comes free of cost.

But now it is high time that we pay the price for the freedom we enjoyed and mistakes we done. I’m ready to sacrifice my part of freedom for a system that may bring result and make the nation prosper, stable and peaceful.

I did not get what you are trying to achieve here. You first decide what you want?

(a) Communism

(b) Army Rule

(c) Martial Law

(d) Something Else

India is also doing well on international front. When the monster of recession is lingering in entire europe and USA, India got a fast recovery and no danger is looming over on our currency like greece's debt has plunged euro badly. India has got place in the lsit of most richest men of world. However, like any other countriy India has its own problems and the problems are population and greed of common people. The corrupt bureaucrats, the dirty politicians everyone who is sitting on piles of money are products of the same greed that has a safe place in deep of evryone heart. Everyone is busy in making money by hook or by crook. No one cares for "civic sense", starving people, dirty roads. There are people in the country who are deprived of their basic needs but who cares. Defense personals are also not exceptional . Some people say that army men are less corrupt ...no..they are less corrupt because they get less chances. Impose the martial law in this country and see the results..thing will get worse not better. Top brass of army officials will become busy in making money, freedom of people will be curbed down, voice of media and all human rights groups will buried deep in earth. However top army officials look "delicate" but if someone like Sadaam or Fiedel castro emerges waht will be the fortune of this country.
    On a second thought, concept of martial laws does not suit for the third world countries. these countries can neither produce Hitler nor that sense of pride and patriotism of germans which shivered whole world with fear. They will be happly in plundering their own people. Army persons will make this country a hell. Now they are only eating rations, the they will get a lot to swallow.
    Last edited by prashantacmet; August 18th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    You forgot one option " e. Emergency" as imposed by "Respected Saas of Italian blonde Bahu" in 1977. That can be one option too. .... But we need to search for people who can play the roles of Sanjay Gandhi, Bansilal and "Saasu ji" herself.... :rock :rock

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    I did not get what you are trying to achieve here. You first decide what you want?

(a) Communism

(b) Army Rule

(c) Martial Law

(d) Something Else

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    However, like any other countriy India has its own problems and the problems are population and greed of common people. The corrupt bureaucrats, the dirty politicians everyone who is sitting on piles of money are products of the same greed that has a safe place in deep of evryone heart. Everyone is busy in making money by hook or by crook. No one cares for "civic sense", starving people, dirty roads. There are people in the country who are deprived of their basic needs but who cares. Defense personals are also not exceptional . Some people say that army men are less corrupt ...no..they are less corrupt because they get less chances. Impose the martial law in this country and see the results..thing will get worse not better. Top brass of army officials will become busy in making money, freedom of people will be curbed down, voice of media and all human rights groups will buried deep in earth. However top army officials look "delicate" but if someone like Sadaam or Fiedel castro emerges waht will be the fortune of this country.
    On a second thought, concept of martial laws does not suit for the third world countries. these countries can neither produce Hitler nor that sense of pride and patriotism of germans which shivered whole world with fear. They will be happly in plundering their own people. Army persons will make this country a hell. Now they are only eating rations, the they will get a lot to swallow.
    Nice analysis bro.

As I said in my earlier post, I'm not sure how effective the martial law or rule of army would be if the martial law or army rule is imposed but it may atleast bring a change. We may think on other alternative of bringing some changes in the existing system but that seems next to impossible in current scenario. A sudden change can be possible but bringing change in existing one is really not possible.

I agree that defense personal are not exceptional, there have been cases of corruptions in army too. While appearing for the SSB interview last month I got to realize that money making things also got a position in the priority list of newly recommended candidates which is certainly not good.
    Therefore I don’t deny the possibility of getting the things worst even in Army rule as it is said that absolute power corrupts a MAN. But I still have faith in this institution as majority of people in this organization are driven by character. I know many a person’s those left high profile corporate career to join the forces.

Infact the increasing cases of corruption in Army is also the result of this faulty system or I say faulty democracy in our country..wo kehte hai na ki KALI HANDI KE PASS BAITNE SE KALA HONE KE CHANCES BADH JATE HAI..so agar society fully corrupt ho jayegi to usi society se niklne wale log army defense forces maie jayenge to ham soch sakte hai ki unka character kesa ho payega..

I’m convinced that if things continue in the same way then there is high probability that defense forces will also get fully corrupted… and if that happens one can easily guess what will happen thereafter..

So a complete change is the need of hour.. now if it is in form of martial law..let it be.. if anyone have any better idea then suggest.. but yeh to acceptable nahi hai.. agar kuch nai kiya to disaster is waiting to happen..

I know country is doing good at some level but ground reality is very horrible..as you yourself have brought some points..
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

I fail to understand how martial law is going to check corruption and how the long time pending cases are going to be solved quickly. Corruption can be uprooted only if a honest person is made stand on the head of each officials all the time, which is impossible. Long time pending cases are also not going to be solved quickly because of limited courts, judges and long testing procedures. To solve this problem we will have to focus more on establishment of fast track courts.
    I don't think India is in such a condition that martial law should be imposed on it. If one is living a simple life, then one will hardly have to pay bribe ever. Have complete papers of vehicle. Pay taxes on right time. If don't have medical facility, then have some mediclaim like policy, lead a defaultless life. India is going well. Corrupts are punished, when caught with evidences. What we really need, is to improve our education system and anti-corruption departments. We should choose able and honest candidates for the Parliament. Above all, we should stop advocating this perception that life is one, so enjoy it to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Bhai, I already defined the traits of Educated ignorant people but if you want I do it again in easy to learn desi lingo!

पढ़े लिखे गंवार who lack basic civic sense, highly irresponsible and give a damn to their moral duties for country!
    jit ,ganwaar sabad kaa paryog gaanw waalon ke liye shahri lok kartey they ,ki unko kuchh nahi aataa hey jo ki uchit nahi hey ,iskey liye padhey likhey bewkoof yaa iss sey miltey jultey sabdon kaa isteymaal kiyaa jaa saktaa hey ,par murakh logon ko ingit karney ke liye ganwaar shabat ke paryog se bachey,kyon ki me bhi gaaon me palaa bdhaa hoon isliye ganwaar hoon.

dusri baat rahi martial Law ki to me ye kahnaa chaahungaa ki iss samye sudhaar ki atayant aawshyktaa he par fojiyon ke haath me taakat de di ,toh jo hey wo bhi nahi rhegaa bhatthaa beth jaayegaa.meney aur mere ristedaaron mey bahoot se lok hein jinhone diffence me service ki hey aur me ab deffence ke saath business bhi kar rhaa hoon.buraa mat maaniyo bhaaiyo ,iss samaye sabse badaa bharshtaachaari vibhaag diffence hi hey.aur issmey fouji afsaraan ke saath-2 netaa aur dalaal sab saamil hein.jo baahar aataahey wo toh 1% bhi nahi hogaa bhrashtaachaar kaa.uppar se foji afsron me com.sence ki kami hoti hey ye kabhi bhi baahri duniya ke saath taal mel nahi bithaa paatey.issliye kai baar meney dekhaa bhi hey ki job vicencey section me "diffence personel need not apply" likhaa hotaa hey.sudharnaa hey to hamey chaahiye koi civilian jo dictetor ban kar raj kar sakey.koi buraa mat maanana par ye sachhaai hey hey kai foji afasar bhi ye padhengey aur unnhey buraa bhi lagegaa.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |