Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A question to moderators and fellow members......

Please read my next reply....i havn't misunderstood him....i got what he wants to convey and i have tried my level best to satify his intellectual curosity.It doesn't matter what has been done in past and who all did it....what matters is what one is doing...putting blame on others or letting others down is not an appropriate thing to get away with one's mistakes or wrong doings....
    To be very honest i may not have much of problem if my brother,sister,father or any of my family member read that post no.94 of the thread you have mentioned but i definitely will not like if they read some of the posts on "kaam kadhaan aala pyar"....i did like a few posts on that particular thread for example one incident mentioned by vishal dhillon bhaiya and if i am not mistaken skaramveer jee from Bombay....but language used in most of the posts is highly objectionable.

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    @Deepika: Deepika I think you misunderstood Atish. He is not justifying any profanity. The essence of his argument was that in the past there have been instances where dirty language was being used. What is your opinion about those past instances. Here no one is justifying obscenity, profanity or any parliamentary language. I support your argument that we should maintain a minimum decency in our discussions and I am with you here. I am also condemning whosoever has used foul language in the past or today. But cetainly you the old members must share the blame for the sins committed in the past. Why you people did not raise any voice against that profanity as reported by Atish from Post No. 94 of the quoted thread. While I fully support you, I would like to have your comments about post No. 94 of that thread also.
    Last edited by deepika; December 14th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Halaki mujhe purn vishwaas hai ki meri baat aapke samajh nahi aayegi par phir bhi koshish karne me kya harj hai "Theres a thin line between in being open minded and in being a complete cheapster"...a thorough gentleman understands the difference but for rest of the crowd its hard to understand...
    yaha pe koi satya aur ahinsa ke baare me nahi likh raha phir aapko gandhi jee ke bhashan ki yaad kaha se aa gayi ? shayad aapko problem na ho ki aapke bachee bade hoke isse usse thread padhe par hum log aap ki tarah "OPENMINDED" nahi hai...jyada badi post aapko samajh nahi aati (shayad aap aadhi padh ke bhul jaate honge ki peeche kya padha hai) issliye sab kuch thode me samjhane ka prayas kar rahi hu

Quote Originally Posted by vikasJAT View Post
    Bhai Atish kuch reply uperle padh le apne aap samajh jaoge ki kisne kahi ye baat......
    mane to is thread me itne bhashan padhe hain ki GANDHI Ji ki yaad aagi..........hahaahhahahahaahahahaha

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepika For This Useful Post:

bishanleo2001 (December 15th, 2010), rinkusheoran (December 14th, 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by deepika View Post
    Please read my next reply....i havn't misunderstood him....i got what he wants to convey and i have tried my level best to satify his intellectual curosity.It doesn't matter what has been done in past and who all did it....what matters is what one is doing...putting blame on others or letting others down is not an appropriate thing to get away with one's mistakes or wrong doings....
    To be very honest i may not have much of problem if my brother,sister,father or any of my family member read that post no.94 of the thread you have mentioned but i definitely will not like if they read some of the posts on "kaam kadhaan aala pyar"....i did like a few posts on that particular thread for example one incident mentioned by vishal dhillon bhaiya and if i am not mistaken skaramveer jee from Bombay....but language used in most of the posts is highly objectionable.
    Thanks for your comment about post No. 94. It means, if someone tries to rape the modesty of another member it is none of our responsibility to stop it and we should be selective in our approach. What kind of decency, morality and harmony are we preaching here if we do not bother to save each other against the personal attacks by some vigilantes in broad daylight every now and then. Post No. 94 is just one sample. Can you imagine what would have happened to that member who was at the receiving end. There are some other posts also which contain objectionable language, indecent remarks, filthy sarcasm and much more where I hardly see any decent member to have raised any objection.Will bring to light in due course, time permitting.

Coming to the current controversy, you are free to report to moderators the offensive, profane and filthy posts. Let them apply their wisdom also. Personally, I have no problem with any of the posts being deleted. But the best course is that you may request for deletion of only those portions which you people find unworthy of being posted. If you insist for the entire thread being closed it will give birth to another controversy which might complicate moderators' job. It is just my humble suggestion.

In the present scenario I have full sympathy with all the moderators. It is indeed not an easy job to moderate our community.
    Last edited by singhvp; December 14th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Halaki mujhe purn vishwaas hai ki meri baat aapke samajh nahi aayegi par phir bhi koshish karne me kya harj hai "Theres a thin line between in being open minded and in being a complete cheapster"...a thorough gentleman understands the difference but for rest of the crowd its hard to understand...
    yaha pe koi satya aur ahinsa ke baare me nahi likh raha phir aapko gandhi jee ke bhashan ki yaad kaha se aa gayi ? shayad aapko problem na ho ki aapke bachee bade hoke isse usse thread padhe par hum log aap ki tarah "OPENMINDED" nahi hai...jyada badi post aapko samajh nahi aati (shayad aap aadhi padh ke bhul jaate honge ki peeche kya padha hai) issliye sab kuch thode me samjhane ka prayas kar rahi hu
    This smacks of your intellectual arrogance. Your reply is not at all in good taste.

I am surprised to read this from a so called responsible member of Jatland....Assuming that if it was written in english would have made a difference can't be taken as an excuse.....be it haryanvi slang or anything else...usually this haryanvi slang or whatever is not used by decent people even in villages...i have never heard someone using that in families or houses in villages....who uses such slang or lewd remarks? Ofcourse some useless and mannerless guys in buses or on roads to tease girls...and dont forget that if any strong girl objects or any gentleman hears someone using it...."toh chorre ke chittar aur juttiya padti hai".....agar unki izzat hoti ho toh aap bataye.....you can't take this site as some publis place to show your "Profanity Skills"....leave aside others do you use such haryanvi slang at your house or its english version for that matter?
    I have been a member on this site for years and i feel its like a home to most of jatland members....as far as i remember such things never happened in past...i am really disappointed to see that Administrators are trying to portray themselves as generous and bighearted to allow people use such language.This is completely an alibi veiled as "freedom of expression".....Hence i request moderators and administrators to stick to the rules and regulations and the code of conduct...Jatland is like your child and you have to raise it....you cant expose it to some bad elements calling it an exposure....if you do so you will end up spoiling your child
    Thanks for your Knee-Jerk reaction. Much appreciated. At least you have come forward and gave it a shot. Have you read all of posts on this thread? What is written in Original Post and how it drilled down to this level. Anyways I will try to make it clearer to you. The original post was bit ambiguous whether we are discussing about the Taboo topics or we are discussing about content of posts. Subsequent replies made it more clearer that we are arguing about the content of posts. Then OP made his stand clear that I am arguing about content of posts. One of the member supported this argument by proving an example which is written in Haryanvi. Then based on my personal experience on this website, I argued that why being so unjustified in targeting few posts on Jatland. I extended my argument to all threads/Posts on Jatland(Much broader spectrum). I gave an analogical argument based upon inductive argument. The premise given was sufficient to put it as an argument. I would have appreciated your reply, if you have argued my reply as an anecdotal argument. The fallacy of argument could have justified in that case. Presuming that(Anecdotal argument) as your reply, I can still put my argument forward by providing more examples on this website where vulgar remarks were used against members and no one objected it ever. I can cite more and more references of those posts where its quite evident. Anyways, my whole point of argument is that I am not defending any vulgar language here. Be it Haryanvi or English.

Quote Originally Posted by atishmohan View Post
    I am not defending that one should carry on with these slangs. I am just throwing some light on how people ignore something which is written in English and how they perceive it when it's written in Haryanvi.

यदि इतनी भोंडेपन/सभ्यता की चिंता हो रही है तो ऐसा जाटलैंड पर ऐसे बहुत से Thread मिल जायेंगे जहाँ पर पता नहीं कितना Vulgar/Offensive लिखा हुआ है. तो उनका भी साथ में विरोध करो. यदि भोंडेपन वाले तर्क से चलते हैं तो ऐसा भोंडापन तो सालों से चलता आ रहा है जाटलैंड के ऊपर. अभी आँखें क्यों खुली है जाटलैंड के सदस्यों की.
    I hope its more clearer now.
    Last edited by vicky84; December 14th, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Baat vahi ki vahi hai...jab humne iss particular thread pe objection hai toh uss dusri thread ki baat beech me ghussane ki koi zarurat nahi thi....jab hum geeta padh rahe hai toh beech me mahabharat me kya hua isske varnan ka koi matlab nahi banta....rahi baat objectionable remarks ki toh woh koi bhi kar sakta hai aap apna hi use kiya yeh word padh lijiya jo maine highlight kiya hai,infact pura statement....when you point a finger at other three are always pointed towards you....if anyone had a problem with post no.94 of that thread they would have raised a question right there....or else start a new thread on thread no 94 but this is not the place where it should be raised...kisne kya kiya hum usski baat nahi kar rahe....jis issue pe baat ho rahi hai usspe apna paksh rakhiye....uski kameez meri kameez se maili hai yeh baat vyarth hai
    Coming to the topic we have raised objection on...if you are replying on this particular thread then its obvious you know that we have already been doing what you are suggesting us....i can see who is using wisdom and to what extent....
    I dont have sympathy but surprise to discover moderators are permitting this kind of posts.khud rule aur code of conduct bana ke todna hai toh phir banaye hi kyu jaate hai.

Thanks for your comment about post No. 94. It means, if someone tries to rape the modesty of another member it is none of our responsibility to stop it and we should be selective in our approach. Post No. 94 is just one sample. There are some other posts also which contain objectionable language, indecent remarks, filthy sarcasm and much more where I hardly see any decent member to have raised any objection.Will bring to light in due course, time permitting.

Coming to the current controversy, you are free to report to moderators the offensive, profane and filthy posts. Let them apply their wisdom also. Personally, I have no problem with any of the posts being deleted. But the best course is that you may request for deletion of only those portions which you people find unworthy of being posted. If you insist for the entire thread being closed it will give birth to another controversy which might complicate moderators' job. It is just my humble suggestion.

In the present scenario I have full sympathy with all the moderators. It is indeed not an easy job to moderate our community.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to deepika For This Useful Post:

bishanleo2001 (December 15th, 2010)

I would have wondered if you wouldn't have expressed your dislike for this statement of mine...after all you agreed with him and liked what he said....i dont feel theres anything wrong in my reply....rather than commenting on the taste of my reply or on my intellect i would have appreciated if you would have explained which part was wrong and would have raised a question....what sounds arrogance to you is difference of opinion to me.
    As far as his statement is concerned (which you liked) he literally made me feel as if we all are a bunch of retard people whose views are not worthy of any consideration....isn't it?Thank you very much for being so generous to support him for it.

This smacks of your intellectual arrogance. Your reply is not at all in good taste.
    Last edited by deepika; December 14th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deepika For This Useful Post:

bishanleo2001 (December 15th, 2010), rinkusheoran (December 14th, 2010), ritu (December 15th, 2010), vivekdh (December 15th, 2010)

Baat vahi ki vahi hai...jab humne iss particular thread pe objection hai toh uss dusri thread ki baat beech me ghussane ki koi zarurat nahi thi....jab hum geeta padh rahe hai toh beech me mahabharat me kya hua isske varnan ka koi matlab nahi banta....rahi baat objectionable remarks ki toh woh koi bhi kar sakta hai aap apna hi use kiya yeh word padh lijiya jo maine highlight kiya hai,infact pura statement....when you point a finger at other three are always pointed towards you....if anyone had a problem with post no.94 of that thread they would have raised a question right there....or else start a new thread on thread no 94 but this is not the place where it should be raised...kisne kya kiya hum usski baat nahi kar rahe....jis issue pe baat ho rahi hai usspe apna paksh rakhiye....uski kameez meri kameez se maili hai yeh baat vyarth hai
    Coming to the topic we have raised objection on...if you are replying on this particular thread then its obvious you know that we have already been doing what you are suggesting us....i can see who is using wisdom and to what extent....
    I dont have sympathy but surprise to discover moderators are permitting this kind of posts.khud rule aur code of conduct bana ke todna hai toh phir banaye hi kyu jaate hai.

Baat niklegi to door tak jayegi. This discussion might open a Pandora's box. I have already given my "paksh" in earlier posts. Go ahead with your action plan.

I would have wondered if you wouldn't have expressed your dislike for this statement of mine...after all you agreed with him and liked what he said....i dont feel theres anything wrong in my reply....rather than commenting on the taste on of my reply or on my intellect i would have appreciated if you would have explained which part was wrong and would have raised a question....what sounds arrogance to you is difference of opinion to me.
    As far as his statement is concerned (which you liked) he literally made me feel as if we all are a bunch of retard people whose views are not worthy of any consideration....isn't it?Thank you very much for being so generous to support him for it.
    You and me are not the only judges to gause people's intellect. Bye for now.

Baat vahi ki vahi hai...jab humne iss particular thread pe objection hai toh uss dusri thread ki baat beech me ghussane ki koi zarurat nahi thi....jab hum geeta padh rahe hai toh beech me mahabharat me kya hua isske varnan ka koi matlab nahi banta....
    Do you really think when you write like this..Do you think before you write. Or its just a matter of writing another post.

Well i would have appreciated it if you would have appreciated my post in real ....I will not write stories to prove my point so i will request you to read my post no.61 and post no.67...i am sure that will be more than enough to clear your doubts and answer all your questions....it doesn't really matter if the people have problem with the topic or content but the fact is that people have issues...be it completely or partially....why digging graves ? If no one objected some posts for such remarks in past does it mean our right to object has been forfeited ?or you have a problem that why we dint have problem in past? or you feel bad that tab nahi toh abb kyu? I dont understant why are you giving other refrences at all...when we are discussing this particular topic then it has to be only this topic and not anything else

Thanks for your Knee-Jerk reaction. Much appreciated. At least you have come forward and gave it a shot. Have you read all of posts on this thread? What is written in Original Post and how it drilled down to this level. Anyways I will try to make it clearer to you. The original post was bit ambiguous whether we are discussing about the Taboo topics or we are discussing about content of posts. Subsequent replies made it more clearer that we are arguing about the content of posts. Then OP made his stand clear that I am arguing about content of posts. One of the member supported this argument by proving an example which is written in Haryanvi. Then based on my personal experience on this website, I argued that why being so unjustified in targeting few posts on Jatland. I gave a analogical argument based upon inductive argument. The premise given was sufficient to put as an argument. I would have appreciated your reply, if you have argued my reply as an anecdotal argument. The fallacy of argument could have justified in that case. Presuming that(Anecdotal argument) as your reply, I can still put my argument forward by providing more examples on this website where vulgar remarks were used against members and no one objected it ever because they were written in English. I can cite more and more references of those posts where its quite evident. Anyways, my whole point of argument is that I am not defending any vulgar language here. Be it Haryanvi or English.

I hope its more clearer now.

Well i would have appreciated it if you would have appreciated my post in real ....I will not write stories to prove my point so i will request you to read my post no.61 and post no.67...i will sure that will be more than enough to clear your doubts and answer all your questions....it doesn't really matter if the people have problem with topic or content but the fact is that people have issues...be it completely or partially....why digging graves ? If no one objected some posts for such remarks in past doesn't mean our right to object has been forfeited....or you have a problem that why we dint have problem in past? or you feel bad that tab nahi toh abb kyu? I dont understant why are you giving other refrences at all...when we are discussing this particular topic then it has to be only this topic and not anything else
    Why go crazy like this just for a sake of writing another post..Stop and take a breath and then Think and write. It could help you writing something sensible.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

sunitahooda (December 17th, 2010), vikda (December 27th, 2011)

I am surprised to read this from a so called responsible member of Jatland....Assuming that if it was written in english would have made a difference can't be taken as an excuse.....be it haryanvi slang or anything else...usually this haryanvi slang or whatever is not used by decent people even in villages...i have never heard someone using that in families or houses in villages....who uses such slang or lewd remarks? Ofcourse some useless and mannerless guys in buses or on roads to tease girls...and dont forget that if any strong girl objects or any gentleman hears someone using it...."toh chorre ke chittar aur juttiya padti hai".....agar unki izzat hoti ho toh aap bataye.....you can't take this site as some publis place to show your "Profanity Skills"....leave aside others do you use such haryanvi slang at your house or its english version for that matter?
    I have been a member on this site for years and i feel its like a home to most of jatland members....as far as i remember such things never happened in past...i am really disappointed to see that Administrators are trying to portray themselves as generous and bighearted to allow people use such language.This is completely an alibi veiled as "freedom of expression".....Hence i request moderators and administrators to stick to the rules and regulations and the code of conduct...Jatland is like your child and you have to raise it....you cant expose it to some bad elements calling it an exposure....if you do so you will end up spoiling your child
    I cann't digest the very first statement of your post. Will you please clarify "why were you surprised"?. Are you living in heaven that you never saw or heard anything bad (assuming that Atish wrote bad). Do you always see decent and well-mannered people around you (assuming most of JL members are not decent, they are "dirty rotten scoundrels") . I am surprised that why were you "surprised"?
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

singhvp (December 14th, 2010)

Exactly!i agree with you that you and me are not the judges to gause people's intellect....i would like you to read this highlighted statement which was your reply to one of my post....see it for yourself who tried judging one's intellect

You and me are not the only judges to gause people's intellect. Bye for now.

Well thank you very much for being so thoughtful and kind....i dont write a post just for the sake of dropping lines...but trust me i feel u have been doing it repeatedly (forgive me for saying that)NOW TELL ME HOW WOULD YOU HELP WHEN YOU DO THE SAME QUITE OFTEN?

Why go crazy like this just for a sake of writing another post..Stop and take a breath and then Think and write. It could help you writing something sensible.

Well thank you very much for being so thoughtful and kind....i dont write a post just for the sake of dropping lines...but trust me i feel u have been doing it repeatedly (forgive me for saying that)NOW TELL ME HOW WOULD YOU HELP WHEN YOU DO THE SAME QUITE OFTEN?
    Haath jod liye ji.. Shama do prabhu

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vicky84 For This Useful Post:

hahhaha...pehlam main hi kar liya hota you kaam............
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Hello Prashant!Good to see your reply or i say question ....though i feel you shouldn't have raised the question which is irrelevant to the topic still i will be very much pleased to reply.....before i start replying this question i request everyone please dont comment on this one as its only going to take this topic off track well if such posts (posted be Atish Mohan) were posted by someone who is not very educated and learned i wouldn't have wondered...but the language used by him and his writing skills suggest that he is very learned person....learned people are always aware of their social responsibility towards community and the site...So thats the reason i was surprised if this was done by a couple of people (i prefer not to mention their names) i wouldn't have been shocked.
    Atish Mohan jee please dont comment on this one as theres nothing offensive in this and if you feel bad about this particular post try forgiving me as i am younger to you (i think so )
    People kindly dont contribute in derailing the topic

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    I cann't digest the very first statement of your post. Will you please clarify "why were you surprised"?. Are you living in heaven that you never saw or heard anything bad (assuming that Atish wrote bad). Do you always see decent and well-mannered people around you (assuming most of JL members are not decent, they are "dirty rotten scoundrels") . I am surprised that why were you "surprised"?
    Last edited by deepika; December 14th, 2010 at 08:27 PM.

koi nahi subah ka bhula agar shaam ko ghar aa jaaye toh bhulla nahi kehlata

Originally Posted by atishmohan
    hahhaha...pehlam main hi kar liya hota you kaam............

26. The Following User Says Thank You to deepika For This Useful Post:

Exactly!i agree with you that you and me are not the judges to gause people's intellect....i would like you to read this highlighted statement which was your reply to one of my post....see it for yourself who tried judging one's intellect

I agree with you. It was a faux pas. Kindly ignore the second sentence and read upto first sentence only.