Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Encourage youth to go for higher studies for secure future

Going for Masters and PHD straight after your bachelors is not always a wise decision. It may be good for a few selected profession(like teaching, scientist etc) but not for all. Say a guy did bachelor in finance (at 21), then did master at (23), did another certified degree(25) leave alone PHD. So now this guy would go for a graduate type job as he doesnt have a real world experience and then after 2 years he realise that finance is not his destination. He developed an interest for systems and decide to become a business analyst or say system analyst or may be IT consultant. Now he is 27. Start a new career and may be at 31 he has some degree in IT and probably working at another IT entry level job.

The above can be true for any profession/trade. say for IT or engineering.

Now here is another guy. At 21 bachelor in finance. Got a entry level job. After 2 years moved little bit up. Decides this is what he want to do. Do another set of certification and degrees part time. At 25 he is at middle level with those degrees.

Even he realise at say 22 or 23 years that finance is not for him then that time he could go for an IT degree and say at 27 would be in his desired filed with a degree. So he is 4 yesrs ahead of guy in scenerio 1.

These are hypothetical examples. But what this show is that its not always wise to do all your degrees and realise later this is not what you wanted. Because real life work experience is very much different to the theories that we read at school. Its not a bad idea to work for a year or two( not internship 2 years full time job in real world) in your field and then go for higher studies. Also lot of companies support studies so you can save money there. They claim it in deductions and you save your pocket.

Different profession has different needs and that should determine the course you take. Like for a sales manager. One with PHD in sales but no work experience and other with proven track record in sales even though he has just bachelor would be more attractive to employers. I wont care if my sales manger has a great proven track record but no PHD. PHD or Masters he/she can do later. He wont be applying all the theories what he read in masters at this stage. He has to be as high as VC or director when he would need this. And lot and lot of employers already know this or are realising this that unless your can deliever where it matter your degree is just a piece of paper for which you have wasted your time and hard earned money.
    Last edited by VirJ; January 20th, 2011 at 07:21 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    Going for Masters and PHD straight after your bachelors is not always a wise decision. It may be good for a few selected profession(like teaching, scientist etc) but not for all.

Say a guy did bachelor in finance (at 21), then did master at (23), did another certified degree(25) leave alone PHD. So now this guy would go for a graduate type job as he doesnt have a real world experience and then after 2 years he realise that finance is not his destination. He developed an interest for systems and decide to become a business analyst or say system analyst or may be IT consultant. Now he is 27. Start a new career and may be at 31 he has some degree in IT and probably working at another IT entry level job.

The above can be true for any profession/trade. say for IT or engineering.

Now here is another guy. At 21 bachelor in finance. Got a entry level job. After 2 years moved little bit up. Decides this is what he want to do. Do another set of certification and degrees part time. At 25 he is at middle level with those degrees.

Even he realise at say 22 or 23 years that finance is not for him then that time he could go for an IT degree and say at 27 would be in his desired filed with a degree. So he is 4 yesrs ahead of guy in scenerio 1.

These are hypothetical examples. But what this show is that its not always wise to do all your degrees and realise later this is not what you wanted. Because real life work experience is very much different to the theories that we read at school.
    Hi,

Yup, that could probably be true. First off, we agree that eventually doing higher education helps.

Secondly, age doesn't matter if you could eventually end up in the profession you wanted.

Thirdly, I could sit here and come up with a lot of scenarios that don't fall under your argument. Here is a scenario, Person A does BS at 21, masters at 23 and enters an entry level graduate job. Person B does his BS at 21, works for 2 years, does his masters and enters the same entry level graduate job as person A. Person A is his senior in the company now.

Another very common scenario - Person A does his BS and starts working. He really likes doing what he does and stays with the job. He is a senior programmer in the company now, let his age be 35. Person B does his BS at 21, MBA at 23 and comes and becomes his manager. If it helps may be add 2-3 years of work ex to B's resume after his BS, in which case he'll be out of his MBA at 25-26. Ah, that hurts, doesn't it. :P

This is a very common scenario.

Its not a bad idea to work for a year or two( not internship 2 years full time job in real world) in your field and then go for higher studies. Also lot of companies support studies so you can save money there. They claim it in deductions and you save your pocket.
    I hate to break it to you but INTERNSHIPS are the most preferred way of hiring new college grads (atleast in US).

I'm currently on an internship. I work Full-time - 40 hours a week. I work on the same project as other software developers in my team. Yes, as an intern I'll be put on projects which are mutually beneficial to both the company and me. I get to learn the skills which I would go back and utilize while doing my research while they also get some work done. And hey, they see me doing the exact work they would want their s/w engineer to do and I too get to live through that job while getting a decent salary.

Do I get as much work done as my senior counterparts? NO, but isn't LEARNING and GAINING EXPERIENCE the reason for which I'm doing this internship? (if I knew everything, I'll directly apply for a Full Time job) Doing an internship is a recommended option for the following reasons - 1. If you perform well the company will most likely hire you. 2. You can pay your next two semester's fee without bothering your parents. 3. You can do 2 internships in two different companies in a 7 month period.

Different profession has different needs and that should determine the course you take. Like for a sales manager. One with PHD in sales but no work experience and other with proven track record in sales even though he has just bachelor would be more attractive to employers. I wont care if my sales manger has a great proven track record but no PHD. PHD or Masters he/she can do later. He wont be applying all the theories what he read in masters at this stage. He has to be as high as VC or director when he would need this. And lot and lot of employers already know this or are realising this that unless your can deliever where it matter your degree is just a piece of paper for which you have wasted your time and hard earned money.
    World has changed. Atleast I feel this is true for my profession and it'll follow for the rest of the professions pretty soon. Gone are the days, where you studied till 25 and then applied that knowledge for the rest of your life. Technology is constantly changing. People have to take Distant Education courses while they're on full time jobs to learn about the recent developments. If you can't change yourself, GREAT the company will hire a new grad who'll happily work on the same technology for half the money as you do.

BR,
    Ashutosh
    Last edited by ashutoshgrewal; January 20th, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
    जाट बलवान जय भगवान

???????????????????????????

It wont harm to read my post again. I am quoting sales guy example and you confronting with a Techno man example. Thank God, Not all profession are that technical and that theoretical. There are a lot out there who are not geeks but who lead the geeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipin Jyani has said above View Post

Different profession has different needs and that should determine the course you take.

You talk about internship. What I meant is real corporate world is different. It involves leg pulling, politics, back biting which you probably don't encounter as an intern or Grad. All I said is work full time after you internship for at least 1 or 2 year and then go for these Masters , PHD. Whats wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by ashutoshgrewal View Post
    Hi,

I hate to break it to you but INTERNSHIPS are the most preferred way of hiring new college grads (atleast in US).

Did I say you shouldnt do internship. I just meant after internship work for another couple of years to get more practical experience before you decide. What I meant is if you have internship for 1 year for me thats not enough to decide.

I'm currently on an internship. I work Full-time - 40 hours a week.
    Should I care whether you work 40 hours or 80 hours?

Last thing, I wasnt underestimating you or someone like you (phd+ , intern etc). Was just telling a practical approach for a few professions.

I havent read your full post and have to rush now. If need be will reply later.

TC.
    Last edited by VirJ; January 20th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

???????????????????????????

It wont harm to read my post again. I am quoting sales guy example and you confronting with a Techno man example. Thank God, Not all profession are that technical and that theoretical. There are a lot out there who are not geeks but who lead the geeks.
    I'd debate the use of word theoretical but I need to go too.

You talk about internship. What I meant is real corporate world is different. It involves leg pulling, politics, back biting which you probably don't encounter as an intern or Grad. All I said is work full time after you internship for at least 1 or 2 year and then go for these Masters , PHD. Whats wrong with that?
    Oh, that type of experience. AGREED. We don't get to experience it. I already said it is a good approach but may be not always.

Last thing, I wasnt underestimating you or someone like you (phd+ , intern etc). Was just telling a practical approach for a few professions.
    I never said you did. I was just trying to make a point. By the way, I'm not a PhD, I'm just a Masters (or more precisely still doing my Masters).

I'm currently on an internship. I work Full-time - 40 hours a week.
    Should I care whether you work 40 hours or 80 hours?
    That's a little offensive. I only wanted to say that internship gives you as good an experience of job as it could get.
    Last edited by ashutoshgrewal; January 20th, 2011 at 10:51 AM.
    जाट बलवान जय भगवान

I'd debate the use of word theoretical but I need to go too.
    I never said you did. I was just trying to make a point. By the way, I'm not a PhD, I'm just a Masters (or more precisely still doing my Masters).

There is no point arguing on the choice of one word. How is that going to add any value to your discussion. My english isnt that good and may be I have choosen wrong word. But you know what I mean.

That's a little offensive. I only wanted to say that internship gives you as good an experience of job as it could get.
    No offense, what I was saying, in other words is how your working hours are related to me or my post. That was to point that you are just prologing the discussion. All I said is the timing when you should go for higher studies is very important decision and should be taken wisely. Its not always wise to do M+ Phd+ straight after bachelor. It differ for each profession and a different approach is needed. Do you have anything to say on this?

Take Care
    Last edited by VirJ; January 20th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.

There is no point arguing on the choice of one word. How is that going to add any value to your discussion. My english isnt that good and may be I have choosen wrong word. But you know what I mean. No offense, what I was saying, in other words is how your working hours are related to me or my post. That was to point that you are just prologing the discussion. All I said is the timing when you should go for higher studies is very important decision and should be taken wisely. Its not always wise to do M+ Phd+ straight after bachelor. It differ for each profession and a different approach is needed. Do you have anything to say on this?

Take Care
    May be everything falls under "may be" and "not always". If you would just go and read my posts above -

Hi,

Yup, that could probably be true. First off, we agree that eventually doing higher education helps.

Thirdly, I could sit here and come up with a lot of scenarios that don't fall under your argument.
    You simply choose not to read my post.

No offense, what I was saying, in other words is how your working hours are related to me or my post. That was to point that you are just prologing the discussion.
    I think I just told above.

I only wanted to say that internship gives you as good an experience of job as it could get.
    I was under the impression that you thought that an intern just works partime (20 hrs/week). I was just giving an example. I now think saying - "An intern" works Full time (40 hours/work) would have been more apt.

BR,
    Ashutosh
    Last edited by ashutoshgrewal; January 20th, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
    जाट बलवान जय भगवान

Sir,
    You're missing my point. What is the ratio of successful people among the uneducated and the educated lot.

I am not against education. I am just saying that if someone doesn’t want to go for higher education and wants to go in some other field of his/her choice, then it shouldn’t be a problem, as almost all fields have name, fame and money and all works are necessary in this world.

I can sight examples of people who defied all odds just because of education, viz, Dr. Manmohan Singh :Oxford: (a highly respected economist who led India to the path of globalization and eventually became the PM of a nation with majority of Hindus), President Obama :Harvard: (an African-American ruling over the most powerful country with majority of white people) etc. They had very humble beginnings and rose to the highest offices in their country.

Dr. Manmohan Singh’s guru (Guru Nanak) hadn’t gone for the education in Oxford, yet he is idol for all the Sikhs (including Dr. Manmohan Singh). Now what would you say? For your kind information Guru Nanak (who was a Hindu by birth) had been in service in a Modikhana (a wheat godown) for about 12 years. Same can be said for Barrack Obama ( a Christian). His idol Jesus Christ is not known for his PhD or Master degree, yet Mr. Obama and millions like him worship Jesus Christ. The crux of the matter is ‘life is not confined to the high education alone. It should be seen in some other different contexts too’. If you say that those days there were no facility of higher education, then it will be not right.
    Moreover, the ratio of Dr. Manmohan Singh or President Obama like personalities in PhDs, Mtechs, MCAs, MBAs or so is also not very healthy. Yet, I have very nice impression about such degrees, but those guys should go for these degrees, who want so by heart. One shouldn’t be forced or encouraged, as these degrees are not the guarantee of a successful and happy life.

Time and again they have repeated that it was education which put them where they are. Governments across the world are trying to increase the high paid tech jobs.

Governments across the world are trying to increase the jobs throughout the world, not only highly paid tech jobs.

I beg to differ again - very soon you'll have machines that can do much better farming at much cheaper rates (or we already have? tractors which could do multiple times what a bullock would have done in a day etc.). Technology will eventually takeover. Our generation has to invest in science to secure jobs of the future.

Those machines will also need maintenance and if all will go for PhDs/Masters and no one will go to be mechanic for those machines, then the mechanics of those machines will be more in demand than PhDs/Masters. Read my earlier post in this thread. I am not against technology, but it is highly objectionable if we try to dishearten the farmers or labourers just on the shake that these jobs are not white collered.

World would be a mess without these guys. Everything Internet, computers, cell phones, airplanes, military equipment is a product of technology. It is impossible to sustain in the present time without technology.

No one is going to die without internet, computers, cell phones, aeroplanes etc. as these things have been introduced just some dacades back to the world. Without farmers/labourers this world is not going to sustain even for 2 days. What will we eat then? The food is most basic human need after water. We should respect farmers/labourers. Farmers/labourers can sustain without PhDs or so, but such guys can’t sustain without farmers/labourers.

It is very convenient for either of us to talk about the poor - I'd be really interested in meeting a person who is a cobbler or a laborer and is extremely satisfied with his job and given a chance would not study.

Hahaha…what a joke. Do you want to say that a roadside’s cobbler or a labourer will go for study if given a chance? All have different kind of abilities. Mostly cobblers or labourers are given chance to study, but they are not interested in it. They bunk school and don’t find themselves able to study. In this world mostly guys are not extremely satisfied with their jobs. A cobbler may think to establish his own shoe workshop, in same way a labourer can think of becoming contractor of labourers in future. And mostly of them do so too. That’s what I meant to say…‘one should go for being best in their field, whatever the field is’.
    As far as satisfaction is concerned, mostly guys abuse their professions. I have personally noticed it. Not all are satisfied with their jobs. All kind of jobs have their pluses and minuses. Who do the brain related jobs, their eyesight is sucked by those jobs. A sportsman/actor is always afraid of the injuries. Soldiers/policemen/pilots/drivers etc are not sure when they have to go to die. A singer has to be extra careful for his/her throat. Cobblers/labourers etc jobs don’t have reputation. As I have said, all jobs have their pluses and minuses.

Education opens a very wide no. of jobs.
    Yes, some people are passionate to become a sports-person, an artist or a Soldier. I've nothing against such people rather I respect them. They should be given their space; and society and government should encourage such people.

You should respect all. Next time when you get your clothes drycleaned or call any plumber to fix the water leaking problem in your home, then imagine if you get no one such professional, then how would it go? All are doing their job. I am repeating again I am not against education, but if all would go for higher education and not specialize themselves in other fields, then it will also be not a good state. Let the youth decide which field they want to go in. In India, there is a huge potential in sports right now as we haven't done very well on world level in this field so far. Police, Army, sports are some traditional Jat fields and we shouldn't encourage our youth to give up our age old Jat culture. If Jat youths can go for higher studies along with abovementioned professions, then they must be encouraged to do so. I would like the Jat youths to ride Ford tractor in field or Ford Ikon on village streets after having done PhD or so, but if higher education means to abuse India and Jat culture and to head USA or western countries, then I strongly oppose it (though my opposition doesn't matter, but I am just expressing my views in this thread).

But here is my problem –
    The strength of Indian army is around 13 lakhs.
    The TATA group alone has around 4 lakh employees and there are tens of thousands of such industries across the world.

This is the requirement. What is use of recruiting crores of armymen? TATA group or other such industries have employees according to their requirement. Nothing is special in it.
    Last edited by upendersingh; January 21st, 2011 at 12:33 AM.

The professions you talked are extremely necessary but neither they lead to development/progress of society as a whole nor do they have the potential to offer employment to the growing Indian population. Plus technology offers clean white-collared better paid jobs.

They certainly have their share in development/progress of society as a whole and they certainly offer employment. You start counting sweets’ shop, restaurants, low scale industries, export related units, other shops, agriculture fields…uncountable guys are getting employment there and their employers are certainly not PhDs or so on mostly occasions. Sportsmen/artists also invest their money in such entrepreneurs. Such employees buy things and pay tax for those things. That tax is used for the development of society. Don’t mistake to think some group of people ‘useless’.
    Growing Indian population will have to think seriously if they want to survive. No technology is going to help the growing Indian or world population for too long as technology also has its limits. How long new inventions will keep on happening? The whole world either will have to opt one child policy for long time or third world war will decide who will live or die on this planet. That time doesn't seem far. Earth is getting failed to tolerate its around 7 billion population.

These are social problems and are caused by certain people in their society who couldn't understand the responsibilities that came with the tremendous freedom.

These social problems reflex what is going on in some country. Those countries have high literacy rate (almost 100%), still they have such problems. It means school/university education is not the ultimate solution. Some spiritual education has also its role to play.

I'm not sure of all your stats and every society has its problems.

It is not only yours problem. Mostly guys are not sure of such stats, but this is the damn reality. If every society has its problems, then why to exaggerate foreign countries and why to degrade one’s country (though you are not doing so, but many other guys do)?

Don't we have problems - half of the North East wants a separate country? Maoism is getting out of hands, women are not treated properly, poverty is increasing etc etc.

This world has been created for showing some special performance. If such problems are not there, then who will employ armymen or policemen? I am not saying that we don’t have such problems. I just want to say western countries are also no different. Those countries have their own problems, which are much serious on several fronts.

My point is we shouldn't point fingers towards the west rather we should learn from their good as well as bad decisions. Just so that you know - Westerners like the Indian family system. If they can learn from us why should we close our eyes.
    BR,
    Ashutosh
    They have very less good in them, so I don't think we have much to learn from them. If someone thinks that somthing can be learnt from them, then one should learn.
    Last edited by upendersingh; January 21st, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

We always like talking about the technologies, but do we ever think that the technology always has its negative side too. Let's know about some disadvantages of technology.
    Car...wow...what a beautiful creation it is, but do we know how many people die due to car crashes in the world every year? Just 12 lac. How many injured? Just 1 crore.
    Car Crashes are a World Wide Problem. According to the World Health Organization there are about 1.2 million People killed in traffic accidents every year, 10 Million are People Injured, costing an estimated $520 Billion!
    Link

Arms...wow...what a technology invented...but do we know how many people have to die due to this technology. Let's know:
    During the one-year study period, 88 649 firearm deaths were reported. Overall firearm mortality rates are five to six times higher in High Income and Upper Middle Income countries in the Americas (12.72) than in Europe (2.17), or Oceania (2.57) and 95 times higher than in Asia (0.13). The rate of firearm deaths in the United States (14.24 per 100 000) exceeds that of its economic counterparts (1.76) eightfold and that of UMI countries (9.69) by a factor of 1.5. Suicide and homicide contribute equally to total firearm deaths in the US, but most firearm deaths are suicides (71%) in HI countries and homicides (72%) in UMI countries.

Link

This is just a glimpse of the disadvantages of the technology, otherwise the reality is much more fierce and gruesome. Vehicle related, electricity related and industry related pollutions are apart. Now the question arises 'Is technology really helping this world?'

You simply choose not to read my post.

I was under the impression that you thought that an intern just works partime (20 hrs/week).

There were a few post which say after bachelor we shouldnt run for money and continue studing masters and other higher studies. My post was in reference to those posts. Yes, I havent read your posts and I wasnt replying to your posts.
    I know what and how intern work. Yes it fall under 'not always' thats what I was saying. It depends on a lot of things and there is no one situation fit all in life.

I wasnt replying to your posts.
    Well in that case I'm sorry to intrude. Bye]
    जाट बलवान जय भगवान

Quote Originally Posted by upendersingh View Post
    I don't think so that for securing future the youth should be encouraged to go for higher studies. In fact, the youth should be encouraged to be best in his/her field. Almost all fields have name, fame and money. Wrestler Sushil Kumar or cricketer Sachin Tendulkar like personalities haven't gone for higher studies, yet they are more famous and successful than many Phds, MBAs, MCAs or Mtechs. I know many businessmen who are almost illiterate, but they are billionaires and have much more secured future (if wealth is concerned for securing future).
    This whole world is serving each other and to serve others nicely it is essential that one's service should be top class in comparison with other competitors. Education is very nice skill and one must try to get as higher education as one can, but getting higher education is the guarantee of secured future...then I would say nope....We all must work hard for our physique too. If we are not healthy, then we will lose everything here.
    Sometimes I think it will be destructive for the Jats if they all go for higher education, because after getting Master level education mostly Jats don't remain 'Jats'. They start abusing Jats, India, religion, casteism, values etc. They start praising foreign countries, life is one, having more than one partner is not bad, all are equal in this world etc things. That's not good.
    To be honest, in my life I have seen only 10% highly educated guys who are really intelligent, otherwise mostly guys have Master or such degrees, but know nothing about the related field.
    Technology no doubt has no alternate, but I think almost all necessary inventions have been made and world is on full swing right now in this concern. Yet, if somebody wants to go for technology then 'ANWT' is the technique which can make any country most powerful in this world. If India have this 'Anti-Nuclear Weapon Technique' right now then we can rule this whole world, as we will have both nuclear weapon and it's shield then.
    Very well written Uppu..

Well, very nice thoughts coming to the thread…but I am disappointed to see that people decasiting to each other….It should not happen….We are discussing the important topic….but I found that Upender, Vipin and Ashutosh have taken it very personally….This is just my observation….but I have noticed in last few thread also…when ever, Upender comes up then he comes with a bang…. J ….I have some views to share with you….Upender has talk about the technology disadvantage and all..
    What if there was no technology……? Hope he does remember that we were dying because of the starvation in 1965 and we could not have even survived till today because of the grain problem and increasing population…that man who did the breakthrough he was a plant pathologist…and because of him production increase many fold… and we survived….I am aware of the farmer condition before technological evolution…..10 people used to work for the same field and production was minimum…and today only 1 person is employed in fields with technical evolution and production is many folds…He has also talk about….that we can’t live without the food but can live without the internet, electricity and all….It is the technology b/c of which you have got food too….imagine if it is not there you can’t feed even 1% of the world population….If you don’t believe in technology then why don’t you set any example without technology….You are sitting on the system and have free time to reply the thread that is because of technology….why not any soldier post in the thread….and that is because of the technology….he became the soldier because he could not do anything else…I saw guys working very hard to get into Army GD post…..ask him does he wants to do the same job ….he will say a big NO….I had asked many and got the same answer…..It pains when I found that our brother are treated like a dog in army…..I want them to be an officer if they wants to join the army and that is possible b/c of education…. Every field has its important we all knew this…it is very hard to survive without each other..But that does not mean that we have to be a cobbler or plumber….If you want to see the real face of world without technology then go sometime in Africa….life is pathetic there….and you know the reason why….that is b/c of not having technology….Importance of technology is very vital…..Why India was defeated by the invaders…like mughals…why, don’t we have soldiers by that time…or Jat soldier were less….? We were defeated by the modern artillery used by mughals…why mughals were defeated by britishers b/c of technology……why does the Indian government is placing the bid for 50 billion worth submarine and 126 special aircraft for AIF….b/c they have not promoted technology on time…had they have done that, we would have been a production hub for the modern aircraft assembly line.… we have lost many wars…and technology was the main factor….we have brave soldiers…what they lags in technology…….and one more thing…..discussion on some topic is meaningful only if it is not personalize….
    Technology has no limit nor I do...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ankurbaliyan For This Useful Post:

ashutoshgrewal (January 21st, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Ankurbaliyan View Post
    Well, very nice thoughts coming to the thread…but I am disappointed to see that people decasiting to each other….It should not happen….We are discussing the important topic….but I found that Upender, Vipin and Ashutosh have taken it very personally….)
    Na bhai kuch personally nahi liya mene to. My post was general and more relevant to other posts including your. But, now, I think you are only talking about technology students but the thread topic is gereral. It says higher studies = secure future. May be that should be changed to say higher studies for technology students.

Well, very nice thoughts coming to the thread…but I am disappointed to see that people decasiting to each other….It should not happen….We are discussing the important topic….but I found that Upender, Vipin and Ashutosh have taken it very personally….This is just my observation….but I have noticed in last few thread also…when ever, Upender comes up then he comes with a bang…. J ...

No, no, nothing personal. Just collision of thoughts, Ankur Ji. I don't think that I come with a bang. I just pour in my views.

I have some views to share with you….Upender has talk about the technology disadvantage and all..
    What if there was no technology……?

I have just talked about the disadvantages of technology, but I am not against the technology. I think this world has mishandled the technology. We have overestimated the technology as well.

Hope he does remember that we were dying because of the starvation in 1965 and we could not have even survived till today because of the grain problem and increasing population…that man who did the breakthrough he was a plant pathologist…and because of him production increase many fold… and we survived….I am aware of the farmer condition before technological evolution…..10 people used to work for the same field and production was minimum…and today only 1 person is employed in fields with technical evolution and production is many folds…

Yes I agree after the success of green revolution foodgrains production increased manifolds. Actually when technology proved successful in some terms (medical science etc), then we started thinking that we have got the formula of painless life. Then we started ignoring good deeds, hard work like things and that's what we mistook. We should have understood it that mostly technology is just a relief, not a remedy. If before technology people were dying due to starvation, then after it just the cause of death changed, but this 'dying' hasn't stop so far. Have a look please:
    The biggest killer
    · Road crashes are already the number one killer of young people aged 10-24
    · By 2020 the World Health Organisation estimates that road deaths will rise by 60 per cent
    · Worldwide, from 2000-2015, one billion people are forecast to be affected by road deaths, injury or bereavement
    · The cost to developing countries is put at $100bn a year, their total aid budget
    · Wearing a seatbelt would save half of all car occupants who die in crashes
    Road deaths in world

He has also talk about….that we can’t live without the food but can live without the internet, electricity and all….It is the technology b/c of which you have got food too….imagine if it is not there you can’t feed even 1% of the world population….

Sorry, but I don't think so that if technology wasn't there, then the world would have gone dead. Before the evolution of technology life was tough, no doubt, but life was certainly there. India was 'Sone ki Chidiya', the richest country in the world, just 1000 years back, without any technology revolution. What do you say about it? Sure people were dying then too, but people are dying still. What 'very effective' change has this technology brought to human fate here? Have a look please;
    There were 5,70,29,000 deaths tabulated for year 2002. According to the World Health Organization, about 58 million (5.80 crore) people died in 2005.
    Causes of death in world

If you don’t believe in technology then why don’t you set any example without technology….You are sitting on the system and have free time to reply the thread that is because of technology….

It will not be true to say that I don't believe in technology. I just want to convey that we have misused and overestimated the abilities of technology. We got away from good deeds, hardwork, austerity like things and as a result this world's sufferings have increased. I don't promise to anybody and I may be failed, but I am bent upon to set a example that what a human being can achieve on the base of good deeds, hardwork and austerity.

why not any soldier post in the thread….and that is because of the technology….he became the soldier because he could not do anything else…I saw guys working very hard to get into Army GD post…..ask him does he wants to do the same job ….he will say a big NO….I had asked many and got the same answer…..It pains when I found that our brother are treated like a dog in army…..I want them to be an officer if they wants to join the army and that is possible b/c of education….

They are doing their job. Mostly people in this world are not satisfied with their career. It's human nature to not to be content so easily. Here are mostly those guys who have access to computer, internet etc. Soldiers have nothing to do with these things. They are perfect in arms related things in which many of us must not be. I don't think so that soldiers are treated like dogs in Indian defence forces. Do you think they are kicked, not given good food, clothes etc. No, no, it is not right. They are so privileged that they get things on much lesser rates than the civilians. At least, I have more respect for the soldiers than those officers who do nothing, but get heavy facilities. A soldier's daily training is so good that he remains fit for too long in his life. I have seen many soldiers very fit after retirement too.

Every field has its important we all knew this…it is very hard to survive without each other..But that does not mean that we have to be a cobbler or plumber….If you want to see the real face of world without technology then go sometime in Africa….life is pathetic there….and you know the reason why….that is b/c of not having technology….Importance of technology is very vital…..Why India was defeated by the invaders…like mughals…why, don’t we have soldiers by that time…or Jat soldier were less….? We were defeated by the modern artillery used by mughals…why mughals were defeated by britishers b/c of technology……why does the Indian government is placing the bid for 50 billion worth submarine and 126 special aircraft for AIF….b/c they have not promoted technology on time…had they have done that, we would have been a production hub for the modern aircraft assembly line.… we have lost many wars…and technology was the main factor….we have brave soldiers…what they lags in technology…….and one more thing…..discussion on some topic is meaningful only if it is not personalize….

Yes, I agree, but as I am saying repeatedly technology is just a relief, not a remedy. We should understand it. We shouldn't think so that some day technology can make the human being immortal. Only one's performance on this planet can make one immortal, not any technology.
    All the above discussion is just to share thoughts. Nothing is personal.