Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Research on history of Jat clans

Some people have adopted some common gotras when they migrated from their native place. If you ask them they dont know their history whereas we normally know upto at least 7-9 generation.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    What u mean by illegimate sons? I see no logic in that.

Jat is an ethnic group where as Rajput is not. There are a few churas as well who use Chauhan and claim to be Rajput same way some low caste use gorta like Gill etc who were originally not Jats.

I never heard anyone saying this illegimate thing except you. Moreover be careful when using wikipedia. Its a secondary source not primary.
    Vipin, I know it is derogatory( so removed the stuff) but many sites are thronged with that remark...let me paste some reference for you...

http://samajsandesh.proboards.com/in...lay&thread=236
    http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=YSaLqEWZD8w

anyway, if wikipedia is secondary resource what is primary resource? I know wikipedia is not a very reliable source but it is the best option on this virtual world....
    now coming on the story...why below jats consider themselves descendants of rajputs (and this is not a wikipedia story, ask from a old member of any clan and he will tell you the same story written here............)

why the hell sidhu abd brar jatts claim themselves descendants of bhatti rajputs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidhu

why the sansi/sandhawalia clan (ranjeet singh was born in this clan) praticised Sathi pratha. I don't see even a single incidence of Sathi pratha in Jatts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandhawalia

how the grewals originated from chandela rajputs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grewal

how the Chathaclan claim their ancestor as Prithviraj Chauhan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatha

how the randhawa clan originated from bikaner 700 years ago from jadon rajput

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randhawa
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Some people have adopted some common gotras when they migrated from their native place. If you ask them they dont know their history whereas we normally know upto at least 7-9 generation.
    I agree that's why we have common gotras among jats, rajputs, gujjars etc...but everyone know that "rajput" word as a caste was used in later period..jatts were here long before that..so some Jatts were called as rajputs but confusing is how some rajputs became Jatts? and if assimilation was so easy in medieval period why most of our customs/rituals don't match with rajputs.........I guess noone is trying to understand my point I say that jatts were converted to rajputs but no rajputs converted as Jatts..we are intact from the era when rajputs came in existence.............and in short why to link ourselves with rajputs..rajputs are originated from us not vice versa............
    Last edited by prashantacmet; June 1st, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (June 1st, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    Vipin, I know it is derogatory( so removed the stuff) but many sites are thronged with that remark...let me paste some reference for you...

http://samajsandesh.proboards.com/in...lay&thread=236
    http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=YSaLqEWZD8w
    Dear Prashant,

Do you really believe this?

We jats treat bhramins (at least in haryana and Punjab) as low/degraded caste. Guruji had bhramin as servant.

This guy is talking crap. Moreover majority of people were buddhist in north west so how come bhramin named us?? Jats are even mentioned in Arabic literature before rajputs.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    now coming on the story...why below jats consider themselves descendants of rajputs (and this is not a wikipedia story, ask from a old member of any clan and he will tell you the same story written here............)

why the hell sidhu abd brar jatts claim themselves descendants of bhatti rajputs
    As I already said if you ask them they cant tell you how come they become jats from rajput. Most of such people cant tell you their history.

I think they just started calling themselves jats when they move to the new places where as they were considered rajput in their native place.

Now question : if Jats are illegimate or degraded caste why these people started calling themself Jats from Rajput? Why would someone do that? Jats must had great influence otherwise this is not possible.
    Last edited by VirJ; June 1st, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Dear Prashant,

Do you really believe this?

We jats treat bhramins (at least in haryana and Punjab) as low/degraded caste. Guruji had bhramin as servant.

This guy is talking crap. Moreover majority of people were buddhist in north west so how come bhramin named us?? Jats are even mentioned in Arabic literature before rajputs.
    Nope..I don't believe this...but what baffles me that many Jat clans trace their ancestry from rajputs and it confuses the people and they say wrong things about us.......... in fact that particular gotra has a long history before that..i despise these bhat stories..they talk crap not always but most of the times............

As I already said if you ask them they cant tell you how come they become jats from rajput. Most of such people cant tell you their history.

I think they just started calling themselves jats when they move to the new places where as they were considere rajput in their native place.

Now question : if Jats are illegimate or degraded caste why these people started calling themself Jats from Rajput? Why would someone do that? Jats must had great influence otherwise this is not possible.
    Rightly said.......... but did that ever happen?..may be.. wondering ..anyway after this short discussion i may believe that some "rajputs" assimilated into Jats but my point is that caste system had become "rigid" when "rajput" word came into existence as caste...can anyone else enlighten me about this...ravi arya ji , narender kharab ji, rana ji......??
    Last edited by prashantacmet; June 1st, 2011 at 04:01 PM.

The only people who can answer this is those who claim to have Rajput ancestory. But unfortunately they keep mum on this.

Let me try to find this from some other sources.

Meel and Chhikara clans in Chauhan History

Dasharatha Sharma in book "Early Chauhan Dynasties" [Page-171] while discussing Udayasimha Chauhan of Jalor writes that Iltutmish pushed on, and managed to reach Udayasimha's desert capital. Udayasimha opened negotiations; and the Sultan though he could hardly have been satisfied with the token tribute of a hundred camels and two hundred horses offered by Udayasirhha, accepted it and confirmed Udayasimha in his possessions. Nearly five years later, perhaps in V. 1278 when Iltutmish once again assumed the offensive against Rajasthan, and after sacking [[Nagda]] advanced even upon Gujarat, Udayasirhha joined as already stated above, the league organised by Viradhavala Vaghela of Dholka and his minister Vastupala. The drama gives the name of the Muslim invader as Milachchhrikara (मीलच्छ्रिकार), which Dr. G.H. Ojha equates with Amir-i-shikar, a title once borne by Iltutmish. Drs.D.R. Barnett and H.C, Ray object to the identification, saying that Milachchhrikara cannot phonetically be the Sanskritised form of Amir-i-shikar. It is no doubt so; but it can be easily the Paisachi form of Mir-i-shikar. The Muslim ruler and his minister talk with each other in Paishachi; so it is only natural that he should have a Paisachi name. The dramatist changes Mir into Mila and shikar into chhrikara through the intermediate Sanskritised form Shrikara. The usual sandhi rules thereafter give us the Milachchhrikara, actually used in the drama. As regards the date of this expedition we put it about V. 1278 (1221 A.D.)

Historians here are confused about Milachchhrikara. Jatland considers that Milachchhrikara may be a combination of Meel + Chhikara, representing the combined forces of the two clans.
    Laxman Burdak

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

gaurhav (June 11th, 2011)

History of Sang and Nehra clan

We had no historical evidence so far for these clans.

Dasharatha Sharma in "Early Chauhan Dynasties" [Page-176] writes about Jalor Chauhan ruler - Chachigadeva. We have eight inscriptions for Chachigadeva, the son and successor of Udayasimha. These range from V. 1319 to V.1333. The earliest is the Sundha Inscription of V. 1319 edited by Dr. Kielhorn in EI, IX. pp. 74ff. Some three years earlier however than the earliest of these (which belongs to V. 1319) is the record of a pratishtha at Jalor, dated the 6th of the bright half of Magha V. 1316. It states that Padru and Muliga put a gold cupola and gold dhvaja on the temple of Shantinatha at Suvarnagiri in the reign of Chachigadeva (Kharataragachchhapattavali. p. 51).

"Hating his enemies as thorns" states the Sundha Inscription "he destroyed the roaring Gurjara lord Virama," enjoyed the fall of the tremulous (or leaping) Patuka, deprived Sanga of his colour and acted as a thunderbolt for the mountain, the furious Nahara".

स्फूर्जद्-वीरम-गूर्जरेश-दलनो य: शत्रु-शल्यं द्विषंश्-
    चञ्चत-पातुक-पातनैकरसिक: संगस्य रंगापह:
    उन्माद्दन्-नहराचलस्य कुलिशाकर:.... (Verse-50)

Dasharatha Sharma writes that [Wiki]Sanga[/Wiki] (संग), the third adversary of Chachigadeva mentioned by the Sundha Inscription has not been satisfactorily identified till now. [Dasharatha Sharma:"Early Chauhan Dynasties", p.177]

The "furious Nahara" of the inscription, again, is equally unidentifiable.

Jatland Considers Sang to be king of Sanga Jat clan. नहराचल means Nehra Mountain. We know from Thakur Deshraj that [Wiki]Nehra[/Wiki] jats ruled in Rajasthan over an area of 200 sqaire miles. In fifteenth century Nehras ruled at Narhar in Jhunjhunu district. There is a mountain in Jhunjhunu called Nehra Pahad which in Sanskrit is called नहराचल. Thus [Wiki]Nehra[/Wiki]s were rulers in Vikram Samvat 1316 (1260 AD).
    Last edited by lrburdak; June 9th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 9th, 2011), gaurhav (June 11th, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 8th, 2011)

Historical evidence of Jakha or Jakhar clan

Dasharatha Sharma in "Early Chauhan Dynasties" [Page-178] writes about Jalor Chauhan ruler - Chachigadeva.

Chachigadeva's queen was Lakshmidevi. His daughter by her was married to "the highly famed ruler Tejasimha", most probably Maharaval Tejasirhha of Mewar. See the Burtra inscription of Samantasimha, edited by Kielhorn, EI, IV. pp. 313 f. We have inscriptions for Maharaval Tejasimha in the years V. 1317 and V. 1314. According to Nainsi, Chachigadeva had three sons, Samantasimha, Chahadadeva and Chandra (Khyat: I, p. 183). His Prime Minister in V. 1323 was Jakshadeva. The mahamatya Jarava mentioned in the Ratanpur Inscription of V. 1333 might be a misreading for Jakha, the Prakritised form of Jaksha. [Dasharatha Sharma:"Early Chauhan Dynasties", p.178]

We can conclude from this that Jakshadeva or Jakha, The Prime Minister or amatya of Chachigadeva, is a person of [Wiki]Jakha[/Wiki]/[Wiki]Jakhar[/Wiki] Jat clan.

This fact is also supported from contemporary local tradition in the form of [Wiki]Bigga Ji Jakhar[/Wiki]

Bigga Ji Jakhar (1301 - 1336) (also called Bigga Ji or Biggaji) is a folk-deity of Jangladesh area of Rajasthan. He was a Jat ruler of Jakhar gotra of a small democratic republic state. He was born in year 1301 AD at place called Riri, which was capital of Jakhars in present tahsil Dungargarh of the Churu district in Rajasthan, India. His great grandfather was Maharaja Laxman Singh Chuhad and father was Rao Mahun ji. His mother was Sultani of Godara clan. He was a great warrior and killed in protecting cows in the year 1336.
    Laxman Burdak

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 10th, 2011), gaurhav (June 11th, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 10th, 2011)

History of Dahiyas

Early Chauhan Dynasties by Dasharatha Sharma, pp. 193-195 gives history of Sanchor. It tells us that Dahiyas were rulers there. I reproduce the chapter here for readers:

The Feudatory Chauhans of Sanchor

[Page-193] Nainsi gives the following account of the conquest of Sanchor by the Chauhans1:

"Sanchor was originally under the Dahiyas. In the time of Vijayaraja Dahiya, Vijayasimha, son of Alhana, ruled over Simhavada. For some reason or other Vijayaraja Dahiya's nephew Mahiravana Vaghela turned against his uncle and going to Vijayasimha Chauhan proposed the capture and equal division of Sanchor between themselves. Vijayasimha agreed, and reaching Sanchor, on being invited by the Vaghela, killed the Dahiyas and had himself proclaimed the ruler of the place on the 11 th of the dark half of Phalguna, Samvat 1141. The Vaghela Mahiravana also was put to death".

Thereafter is given the following genealogy :

Alhana2

Vijayasi

Padamsi

Sobhrama

Salo3 - Vikamsi - Hapo

Patto

Vajrariga4

Nainsi's account cannot obviously be accepted in its entirety. If Vijayasimha was the great-grandfather of Salo, a con-

1. Khyiit, p. 172, Vol. I.

2. Ibid. p. 173. The Marwari MS. of the Khyat with me gives the following additional names before Vijayasimha, (1) Lakhana, (2) Sohiya, (3) Mahimddarava, (4) Anahala.

3. He died fighting for Kanhadadeva at the time of the siege of Jalor by Alauddin Khalji (Nainsi's note).

4. He died fighting against Malik Mir who captured Sanchor. He was a great Rajput (Nainsi's note).

[Page-194] temporary of Kanhadadeva, he could not possibly have been a son of Alhana of Nadol (c. 1205-1211), nor could he have captured Satyapura from the Dahiyas in V. 1141. Nainsi's mistake, or rather of the bard who informed him, was perhaps due to his confusing Vijayasimha's father Alhana, likely enough no more than a common Sonigara Rajput, with Alhana, the ruler of Nadol. In V. 1051 Satyapura was under the Chaulukyas and there it seems to have remained till its capture by the Chauhans in Udayasimha's reign.5 Vijayasimha was probably the leader of Udayasimha's army which accomplished this feat.

Pratapasimha's Sanchor Inscription of V. 1444 helps us in adding a few more details. According to it the order of succession was -

Sobhita6

Salha7

Vikramasimha

Sangramasimha - Bhimasimha (elder brother)

↓ ↓
    Pratapasimha - Kamalladevi8

Sobhita of the above inscription is obviously identical with Sobhrama of the Khyat. Salha is the same as Salo. He was a valiant fighter, and was, as noted in the last chapter, killed fighting against the Khalji army after he had liberated the people taken captive at Shrimala. A little before his gallant fight and death, the Muslims had sacked Satyapura and destroyed its temples.9 Vikramasimha, the next ruler, finds a place in both the genealogies10, though he is mentioned as

5. See above, p. 167 .

6. According to the inscription, he was in the family of Laksmana of Naddula.

7. According to the inscription he liberated the residents of Shrimala from the captivity of the Turushkas.

8. EI, XI. Pp. 65-67.

9. Vividhatirthakalpa p.30.

10. Nainsi's Khyat I, p. 174. The account of the inscription is certainly the more reliable of the two. But the words "tasyatmajo" are a restoration by the editor. We do not know whether they could have been read also as "tasyanujo" in which case the account would agree with that of the Khyat.

[Page-195] Salha's son in the inscription10a and as his brother in the Khyat. The inscription omits Hapo probably because he was not in the direct line of succession. But that he did rule at Satyapura might he seen from the Khrataragachchhapattavali which refers to his sway there in V. 1391.11 His descendants were the masters of Surachand in Nainsi's time.12 Bhima mentioned in the inscription as the elder brother of Sangramsimha was perhaps the next ruler l3. His nephew Pratapasimha ruled at Sanchor in V. 1444 and was married to Kamalladevi, a Paramara lady of the Umata section, who renovated the temple of Vagishvara at Sanchor and granted for its worship one field and two Pailas from every maund of commodity reaching Sanchor.l4 Pratapasimha's successor Vajranga is said to have lost Sanchor in V. 1378. Malik Mir who captured it and slew Vajranga15 cannot be identified. But Vajranga might itself have been a title of Arjuna known from a Dhamdhupura inscription of V. 1347.

10a. In an inscription found at Dhandhupura (Sisrolu).

11. p. 86. Called Ranaka Haripala there.

12. I, p.173

13. The words of the inscription are भीमाग्रजन्मा...संग्रामसिंहो. This can mean either that he was the younger or the elder brother of Sangramasimha according to the way we analyse the compound. That the writer should go out his way to mention a brother might mean that he was an elder brother, though not necessarily.

14. See the donative portion of Pratapasimha's inscription.

15. Khyat I, p.174

Note - Read in Wiki format on Jatland Wiki at [Wiki]Chauhan Dynasties[/Wiki]
    Last edited by lrburdak; June 11th, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Laxman Burdak

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 11th, 2011), gaurhav (June 11th, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 10th, 2011)

Historical evidence of Jethava , Vala , Baja, Devada Jat clans

Dasharatha Sharma in "Early Chauhan Dynasties" [180-191] writes about Jalor Chauhan ruler - Samantasimha and Kanhadadeva.

Samantasimha - [Page-180] The inscriptions of Samantasimha range from V. 1339 to 1362 and show Samantasimha ruling over almost the same territories as his father,Chachigadeva. Of Samantasimha's 16 inscriptions, four come from Bhinmal, three from the state of Sirohi, and the rest from various parts of the Jodhpur division of Rajasthan. About V. 1353, he associated his son, Kanhadadeva , with himself in the government of Jalor; The Jalor inscription of Samantasimha, V. 1353, refers itself to the reign of Maharajakula Sri-Samvatasimha, while Kanhadadeva was subsisting on his lotus like feet and bearing the burden of administration (EI, XI, pp. 61f.). Similarly the Chohtan inscription V. 1356, speaks of Maharajakula Sri-Samvatasimhadeva and Rajan Kanhadadeva.

In V. 1353 (1296 AD) the ruler on the throne of Delhi was Firuz's nephew and assassinator, Ala-ud-din Khalji, perhaps the greatest of Sultans of Delhi, whose avowed ambition was to end all Hindu principalities and kingdoms, and who had been advised by his trusted counselors to treat the Hindus as no better than slaves. Samantasimha of Jalor does not appear to

[Page-181] have been a man gifted or capable enough to fight against such a redoubtable adversary. It was good that he realised the need of some assistance, and acting probably on the advice of his people put the real direction of the affairs of the state into the hands of Kanhadadeva, then perhaps a young man of twenty five years or so.

Kanhadadeva - Kanhadadeva had not to wait long for a chance to prove his mettle. In the third year of his joint reign, i.e., 1298 A.D., Alauddin decided to conquer Gujarat and destroy the temple of Somanatha. As the best route for his army lay through Marwar, he despatched a robe of honour to Kanhadadeva and desired that he should permit the Khalji forces to pass through his territory. Worldly wisdom should have dictated instant submission to the imperial orders. But to the brave Kanhadadeva svadharma mattered more than worldly pleasures, or a kingdom or even his life. He therefore sent back Alauddin's messenger with the blunt answer,

"Your army would, on its way, sack villages, take prisoners, molest women, oppress Brahmanas and slay cows. This being against our dharma, we cannot accede to your request."

Though the refusal must naturally have angered Alauddin,he took no immediate steps against Jalor. The Khalji army, commanded by Ulugh Khan and Nusrat Khan, marched instead through Mewar. Like a storm of extreme fury, it laid low every state, every chiefship, every principality that lay across its path, conquered very soon the whole of Gujarat and Kathiawar, and destroyed the temple of Somanatha, in spite of the gallant opposition offered by the Jethava (जेठव), Vala (वला), Baja (बाजा) and Chudasama (चुडासामा). And then on its way back to Delhi, Ulugh Khan, either on his own initiative or acting on

[Page-182] instructions beforehand by Alauddin, decided to punish Kanhadadeva for the affront to Khalji authority. Victorious every where he marched through the Jalor. When the Khalji army reached Sakrana (tah-Ahore), a village 18 miles from Jalor, Kanhadadeva’s chief minister, Jaita Devada, conveyed his master’s message to Ulugh.

[Page-183] In a well planned raid led by Jaita Devada, Nusrat Khan’s brother, Malik Aizudin and a nephew of Alaudin were slain. Ulugh Khan barely escaped his life. They liberated thousands of Hindu prisnors and the rescue of an idol of Somanatha which was being carried to Delhi.

[Page-184] Kanhadadeva had its five fragments installed respectively at Prabhasa, Bagada, Abu, Jalor and his own garden. This rescue of Somanatha forms in the popular mind Kanhadadeva's best and greatest title to greatness.

In this description we find the [Wiki]Jethava[/Wiki] , [Wiki]Vala[/Wiki] , [Wiki]Baja[/Wiki], [Wiki]Devada[/Wiki] Jat clans fighting with Alaudin Khalji in 1296 AD to protect Hindu religion.
    Last edited by lrburdak; June 11th, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 16th, 2011), gaurhav (June 23rd, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 11th, 2011)

History of Badaval Gotra

Dasharatha Sharma in "Early Chauhan Dynasties",( pp.190-191) writes about Jalor Chauhan ruler - Kanhadadeva (r.1296-1316 A.D). It mentions Arjun Badaval (1314 AD) as one of Samantas.

Kanhadadeva's samantas, Kandhal, Jait Ulicha, Jait Devada, Lun Karan, Molhan, Arjun Badaval, and many others equally devoted and brave, though perhaps a little less prominent, sacrificed their lives in a vain effort to dislodge the enemy Khaljis (Kanhadadeprabandha, 207-250). On the fifth day the Muslims reached the temple of Kanhasvami, and the rumour went about that they wanted to destroy it. Kanhadadeva's brave queens had already consigned themselves to the flames of jauhar ; now Kanhadadeva himself, along with his brave chiefs, prepared himself for the last fight in the right royal Rajput fashion. Fifty of them fell fighting round their master; and last of all fell the brave Kanhadadeva still believed by many merely to have disappeared and not to have died in his last battle against the Khaljis. (See Nainsi's Khyat, I, 153.)

Thus ended in V. 1371 (1314 AD) the Sonigara dynasty and the career of the last of its independent representatives, Kanhadadeva Chauhan.

Arjun [Wiki]Badaval[/Wiki] (1314 AD) as one of Samantas. He is a Jat of [Wiki]Badaval[/Wiki] Gotra.
    Laxman Burdak

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 16th, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 12th, 2011)

Religion of Jats

The religion of Jats is generally list discussed in literature. I found many Jat clans mentioned in Chauhan History which have been explained above. Since Jats were integral parts of Chauhans as such the religion of Chauhans was also the religion of Jats. You may read more here - [Wiki]Chauhan religion[/Wiki]
    Laxman Burdak

Moond Jat clan in Jaina source

Mungthala (मुंगथला) is a village in Abu Road tahsil of Sirohi district in Rajasthan. This name occurs in number of epigraphs of 12th century as Mundasthala (मुण्डस्थल). This proves its antiquity. This was a sacred Shvetambara Jaina tirtha sacred to Mahavira. In an inscription of 14th century it is called Mahatirtha. [Encyclopaedia of Jainism, Volume-1 By Indo-European Jain Research Foundation p.5530]

Mundasthala (मुण्डस्थल) indicates the presence of Mund Gotra Jats in the Sirohi area in ancient times.
    Laxman Burdak

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 23rd, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 18th, 2011)

AREY YAARO tum kya rajput rajput karte rehte ho,wo hum se aghe na the na honge...humare yahan naukar hai rajput....so inko koi importance maat do....all r inferior to us in money,population and power...

New epigraphic evidences about [Wiki]Lol[/Wiki] Jat clan

Jaina sources mention that in ancient times [Wiki]Narayana[/Wiki] village, in Phulera tahsil of Jaipur District situated near Sambhar Lake, was known by the names Naranayana (नरानयण), Naranaka (नाराणक) etc. It is mentioned in KB (p.25). It is recognized as a tirtha in Sakalatirthastotra of Siddhasena. Dhanapala in his Satyapuria Mahavira Utsaha mentions the Mahavira temple of this place, which according to Bijolia Inscription of V.S.1226 (1170 AD), was built by an ancestor of Lolaka (लोलक), who is mentioned as living in that year. It therefore appears that this temple was built in early 11th century. K.C. Jain mentions the date V.S. 1009 (952 AD) on a standing image of Parshvanatha of this place. [Encyclopaedia of Jainism, Volume-1 By Indo-European Jain Research Foundation p.5532]

It may be noted that here Lolaka is the sanscritized form of Jat clan [Wiki]Lol[/Wiki]. This evidence proves the presence of Lol clan in 10th century as rulers. They were rulers in the area is further confirmed by following description of Thakur Deshraj.

Thakur Deshraj [Jat Itihas, p.608 ] writes that these people lived in Marwar. They had ruled Nagaur prior to 16th century. Pathans, Mughals etc had occupied the big cities of the region like Nagaur but the Lol people never paid royalty to them. They ruled their areas under Bhumiachara system. When Akbar (1542 – 1605) became the ruler of Delhi he arrested many Jat sardars after inviting them to Delhi. When this thing came to the notice of Jat chieftain named Tola he went to Delhi to meet Akbar. Akbar told him to pay the taxes. Tola replied that take as much of gold coins as can be carried by your mules and leave our brothers. This indicates that Tola was a very rich chieftain. The discussion between Tola and Akbar is recorded in poetic form as follows in Rajasthani Language:

अकबर सूं तोला मिला, करके बात कराडी (Akbar sun Tola mila, Karke baat karari)
    पट्टी रहूं मैं नागौररी, घर म्हारा खाडी (Patti rahun mai Nagaur’ri, ghar mhara khari)
    खच्चर भरले मोहरां की, बिरादरी छोड म्हाडी (Khachchar bharle moharanki, Biradari chhod mhari)
    Laxman Burdak

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 23rd, 2011), gaurhav (June 23rd, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 23rd, 2011)

Dharan in Jain records

Ranakpur is site of Shvetambara Jain Temple devoted to Adishvara in Desuri tahsil of Pali district in Rajasthan. The temple was built in V.S. 1496 in the reign of Rana Kumbha. This tirtha was visited by poet Megha in V.S. 1499, who has referred to seven Jina temples at this place. The temple of Adishvara was named after its builder, namely minister Dharana (धरण) and it came to be known as Dharanavihara. [ Encyclopaedia of Jainism, Volume-1 By Indo-European Jain Research Foundation p.5537]

Here Minister belongs to Dharan Jat clan.
    Laxman Burdak

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

bhupindersingh (June 23rd, 2011), gaurhav (June 23rd, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 23rd, 2011)

Compilation of Chauhan and Jain records related with Jats

My Compilation and analysis of Chauhan and Jain records related with Jats is complete on Jatland. Purposefully we selected period of Chauhan rulers from 800-1316 AD. This period was covered by Dasharatha Sharma in his book Early Chauhan Dynasties (From 800 to 1316). We also researched K.Devi Singh Mandawa's book Samrat Prithviraj Chauhan,2007. We obtained information from Jain records such as Kharataragachchhapaṭṭavalī of Jinapala, Hammiramahakavya, Prithvirajavijaya, Kanhadadeprabandha etc. We got information about ancient towns from Encyclopaedia of Jainism, Volume 1 By Indo-European Jain Research Foundation

Based on these information we identified ancient towns and villages of Chauhan dominions. It is compiled on Jatland Wiki at [Wiki]Towns and Villages of Chauhan Dominions[/Wiki]. Chauhan dominions covered the present [Wiki]Jat Belt[/Wiki]. This list contains more than 300 ancient towns and villages where Jats inhabited and these area are stil occupied by Jats.

In this article we added ancient names in sanskrit, quoted its source and then located them on present maps and expanded their respective articles on Jatland. Then we have arranged these Towns and Villages in Alphabetical Order to find more details and search.

Towns still not identified have been question marked ? People may like to read and add more villages to it and help in locating the unidentified villages.

If you are more interested in Chauhan history you may also read following more articles on Jatland Wiki:

[Wiki]Chauhan[/Wiki]

[Wiki]Chauhan Administration[/Wiki]

[Wiki]Chauhan Samantas[/Wiki]

[Wiki]Chahamanas Dynasty[/Wiki]

[Wiki]Chahamans of Marwar‎[/Wiki]

[Wiki]Chauhan religion [/Wiki]

Now onward we will go back more into past History of Pratiharas and try to find out where Jats and Jat clans stood in records.

Regards
    Last edited by lrburdak; June 23rd, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
    Laxman Burdak

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lrburdak For This Useful Post:

gaurhav (June 23rd, 2011), prashantacmet (June 23rd, 2011), ravinderjeet (June 23rd, 2011)