Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CFL Disposal

CFL Disposal

CFL once thought to be a energy saver with bright white light is now known as cause to many medical problems

Migraines, sleeping problems, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, skin problems blistering and breast cancer are some problems caused by CFL

After i came to know that CFLs are enviornment hazzardous i am keeping all fuse lights but does anyone knows what to do with that and where to dispose it?
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

Dagar25 (November 19th, 2011), rajpaldular (February 24th, 2011), saurabhjaglan (November 16th, 2011), vicky84 (August 4th, 2011), zigyasa (March 29th, 2011)

Some suggestions are available in the following web-links. But in Indian context these may be useless as we do not have a proper waste management system. Collect these and throwing in buring fire of "holi" !!

http://ecovillagegreen.com/672/how-t...oken-cfl-bulb/

http://www.ehow.com/how_2049265_dispose-cfl-bulb.html

http://www.suite101.com/content/disp...-bulbs-a233146

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

ashe (February 7th, 2012), saurabhjaglan (November 16th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    Some suggestions are available in the following web-links. But in Indian context these may be useless as we do not have a proper waste management system. Collect these and throwing in buring fire of "holi" !!

Yu kaam karna hota to 3 saal se khamkha sambhal ke nahi rakhta
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

Dagar25 (November 19th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Rakesh ji,
    I appreciate your concern for environment,,,try contacting some NGO working for environment and ask them for solution..
    there is a NGO greenpeace,,try contacting them.. www.greenpeace.org
    DeStInY LiE$ iN tHe $tReNgTh oF uR dReAm$...!!
    JAT ----------> JUSTICE AND TRUTH

bhai nu kar, tu bhi rock garden chandigarh ki daal ek rock garden gurgaon main bana le. usmein laa diye sara ne. dusre bhai log hai ve bhi madad kar denge iss kamm main, tube/lattu to sab ke ghar main fuse ho jaya karein, uski disposal samsya bhi dur hojegi & tanne bhi free main maal mil jaga iske khatar. :-)

bhai take it on a serious note, majak samajh ke bura naa maniye.
    "Life is what we make it, not what we take it."

I called ther delhi office which was busy so i tried noida number which is not in service
    i again called delhi office a lady pickedup the phone and asked her colleagues then replied please call our bangalore office and talk to abhishek pratap on 080-42821010
    i called bangalore number and found our guy on leave so they asked me to call tommorrow.
    My question " Is there no one else who can tell how can i dispose CFLs " she gave me one mobile number of Mr. Manish and he is mailing me some content hope that must be somewhat useful

I called ther delhi office which was busy so i tried noida number which is not in service
    i again called delhi office a lady pickedup the phone and asked her colleagues then replied please call our bangalore office and talk to abhishek pratap on 080-42821010
    i called bangalore number and found our guy on leave so they asked me to call tommorrow.
    My question " Is there no one else who can tell how can i dispose CFLs " she gave me one mobile number of Mr. Manish and he is mailing me some content hope that must be somewhat useful
    finally after a lot of effort u got the something,,i believe they will provide usefull info..!!
    DeStInY LiE$ iN tHe $tReNgTh oF uR dReAm$...!!
    JAT ----------> JUSTICE AND TRUTH

Dear Rakesh.

I like your efforts. But my dear friend ,I donot thinks so in our countary these type facilities are availables or not. If availables then some NGO are simply making thier money. They are not so much concerned about disposal of used CFL, Battery, computers etc.

I also stored some CFL, old radio, battries . Kindly update to me when you get proper place of diposal.

Regards

Chandan.

Quote Originally Posted by burdakcs View Post
    Dear Rakesh.

I like your efforts. But my dear friend ,I donot thinks so in our countary these type facilities are availables or not. If availables then some NGO are simply making thier money. They are not so much concerned about disposal of used CFL, Battery, computers etc.

I also stored some CFL, old radio, battries . Kindly update to me when you get proper place of diposal.

Regards
    Chandan.
    Dear Chandan

I am still waiting for that mail to arrive
    I am trying to contact surya bulbs and lights but still no response from there i will try indo asean now. Definately i will tell about any possible solution to everyone here
    Thanks

Indo Asean ka reply " FAINK DO USKA KUCH NAHI HO SAKTA AUR PHONE KAT DIYA"

SURYA ROSHNI" Same Answer" hello hello aur phone kat diya

Same reply from phillips
    Last edited by rakeshsehrawat; February 28th, 2011 at 12:39 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

vicky84 (August 4th, 2011)

Mr. J.P. Mohanty
    Phillips
    Asked me to send my details to collect used CFL's from my place

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post:

Mr. J.P. Mohanty
    Phillips
    Asked me to send my details to collect used CFL's from my place
    chal badiya hai bhai, teri mehnat rang layi...:-)
    "Life is what we make it, not what we take it."

Dear I have heard that CFLs can be repaired by just changing their hoods and can again be used. One of my friend told me.So do a lttle research.

After i came to know that CFLs are enviornment hazzardous i am keeping all fuse lights but does anyone knows what to do with that and where to dispose it?
    Dear Rakesh, Have you tried giving your fused CFL bulbs to the shop from where you purchased it? The shopkeepers usually have a deal with the CFL companies to exchange fused bulbs with new ones. You may/maynot get a new bulb but you can certainly try giving the fused bulb back to the CFL company.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Quote Originally Posted by duhan View Post
    Dear Rakesh, Have you tried giving your fused CFL bulbs to the shop from where you purchased it? The shopkeepers usually have a deal with the CFL companies to exchange fused bulbs with new ones. You may/maynot get a new bulb but you can certainly try giving the fused bulb back to the CFL company.

Regards,

Urmila.

NOBODY CARES !!! i even asked companies and answer is same FAINK DO UNKA KYA KARNA HAI

NOBODY CARES !!! i even asked companies and answer is same FAINK DO UNKA KYA KARNA HAI
    I have successfully returned fused CFL to shopkeepers in Gurgaon. Perhaps request them for the sake of environment I think it will work.

Regards,

Urmila.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

I have read somewhere few days back that there is some experiment going in some villages near panipat with LED bulbs. May this succeed to save mercury being added to the waste stream.

http://www.greenzer.com/face-off_5

Urmila ji, in Rohtak I tried but shopkeeper said, le aao mein apne yahan koode mein faink doonga

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jitendershooda For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (May 12th, 2011), sunillathwal (December 31st, 2011), vicky84 (August 4th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Urmila ji, in Rohtak I tried but shopkeeper said, le aao mein apne yahan koode mein faink doonga
    Jitender Sir LEB bulbs are a success but their cost is quite high as compared to CFL. Experiments are going on to reduce that cost.

Rakesh ji ...ab ek kam aur karna....CFL use mat karna.....nahi to aur wastage hoga ...

use solar lamps....atleast bijli ka karcha bhi kam hoga future mein....

Quote Originally Posted by santoshporia View Post
    Rakesh ji ...ab ek kam aur karna....CFL use mat karna.....nahi to aur wastage hoga ...

use solar lamps....atleast bijli ka karcha bhi kam hoga future mein....
    Solar Lamps mein bhi CFL lagti hai.

LED lights sabse badhiya rahengi.

Waise mera sawal ye nahi ki mein kya istemal karunga mera sawal ye hai ki jo cheej market mein dhaddale se bik rahi hai uske waste ko uthane wala koi nahi lakho croro kamane wale ye nahi sochte ki unka jehar duniya ko tabah kar raha hai.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to rakeshsehrawat For This Useful Post: