Thread: Vegetarianism – The Book – Read online

Vegetarianism – The Book – Read online

This month of March happens to be the birth centenary of Swamy Omanand (Born in March 1910). He breathed his last on 23 March 2003. So, his death anniversary also falls in the month of March.

Swamiji wrote many books on history, archaeology, yoga, ayurveda etc. In the past, I have made Wiki versions of some of his books which are now available in Jatland Library section of Jatland Wiki.

I have just wikified one more Hindi book written by Swamiji and uploaded at Jatland Wiki - मांस मनुष्य का भोजन नहीं. It can be read on the following link –

http://www.jatland.com/home/Human_Beings_are_Vegetarians

This book answers multiple questions on Veg/ Non-Veg controversy which all of you discuss here through various threads. Ejnoy reading it - जो पढ़ें उनका भला और जो न पढ़ें, उनका भी भला !

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

ashe (April 12th, 2012), balraaj (February 4th, 2012), bhupindersingh (March 8th, 2011), kamnanadar (February 4th, 2012), lrburdak (March 7th, 2011), Moar (February 6th, 2012), pradeepiisc (February 4th, 2012), ravinderjeet (March 7th, 2011), satyenderdeswal (February 4th, 2012), sjakhars (March 7th, 2011), skarmveer (February 7th, 2012), spdeshwal (March 8th, 2011), vishalsunsunwal (February 4th, 2012)

देसवाल जी मैंने पुस्तक पढी. अच्छी उपयोगी पुस्तक है. धन्यवाद् !
    Laxman Burdak

Rather than starting a fresh thread, I am writing this post here only.

Some of you have earlier raised queries in some Forums posts regarding utility and use of Sanskrit language in modern context. Maharishi Dayanand had written a small book named संस्कृतवाक्यप्रबोधः which carries key sentences of day-to-day conversation, along with Hindi translation. If you read this book, your interest in Sanskrit will certainly be generated. It is amazing that Sanskrit is so simple but we think it difficult, without giving a trial.

I have made a Wiki version of this book and uploaded on Jatland Wiki. It can be read at the following link:

http://www.jatland.com/home/Sanskritvakyaprabodha

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dndeswal For This Useful Post:

deshi-jat (February 4th, 2012), lrburdak (February 5th, 2012), Moar (February 6th, 2012), ravinderjeet (February 4th, 2012), skarmveer (February 7th, 2012), vishalsunsunwal (February 4th, 2012)

Congratulations Deswal ji on this fine achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post

Rather than starting a fresh thread, I am writing this post here only.

Some of you have earlier raised queries in some Forums posts regarding utility and use of Sanskrit language in modern context. Maharishi Dayanand had written a small book named संस्कृतवाक्यप्रबोधः which carries key sentences of day-to-day conversation, along with Hindi translation. If you read this book, your interest in Sanskrit will certainly be generated. It is amazing that Sanskrit is so simple but we think it difficult, without giving a trial.

I have made a Wiki version of this book and uploaded on Jatland Wiki. It can be read at the following link:

http://www.jatland.com/home/Sanskritvakyaprabodha

This was a fantastic contribution Deswal Sahab, I went to the book through link and surprised to know that there is word in Sanskrit for "GUN" and agree with you that Sanskrit is not so difficult what we think. Another surprise to me in MISRITPARKARNAM, "viroodh bolega toh daant tod dunga" like sentences are too registered which does not suit to sanskrit sahitya. Regards
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
    Everyone in Our life is going to hurt us, sooner or later. But we have to decide. what's more important? The Pain Or The Person.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sure For This Useful Post:

balraaj (February 4th, 2012)