Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anna Hazare - A Living Legend - Once in a lifetime opportunity to be associated

Anna Hazare - A Living Legend - Once in a lifetime opportunity to be associated

We have not seen and did not get an opportunity to join Mahatma Gandhi during freedom struggle but now we have this opportunity to join Anna Hazare in his crusade (second freedom struggle) against corruption. History is being created. Come forward and join in in whatever capacity you can - you will be part of history forever!!

To stay update about movement, either send a missed call at 022-61550789 or send your emaild ID

Anna Hazare: JAN LOKPAL BILL

a mahatma announces fast unto death

Anna Hazare has given an ultimatum to the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to enact stringent anti-corruption law - the peoples "Jan Lokpal Bill"! Jail to the corrupt must happen! We have been betrayed by those that are leading us!

When & Where? From 5th April at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi.

Who is Anna Hazare? A soldier, lone survivor in his unit in 1965 Indo-Pak war, Anna dedicated his life to the well-being of society. A bachelor, an ascetic, he has no possessions, no bank balance and lives in a temple. He is a living Mahatma Gandhi.

In maharashtra, Anna has single handedly transformed barren and dry regions into green and food surplus areas. He has fasted unto death on several earlier occasions. He forced the Maharashtra government to dismiss the corrupt - 6 ministers and 400 officers. Due to his fast, the govt enacted the Maharashtra RTI Act. In 2006, when government of India tried to amend the Central RTI Act, he again went on an indefinite fast and forced the Indian government not to amend RTI Act.

Leaders, organisations and the common man from across India will be with him. This is a do or die moment - let us make it happen!

Across India, join Swami Ramdev, Sri Sri Ravishankar, Swami Agnivesh, Arch Bishop of Delhi Vincent Concessao, Mahmood A Madani, Kiran Bedi, J M Lyngdoh, Shanti Bhushan, Prashant Bhushan, Arvind Kejriwal, Mufti Shamoom Qasmi, Mallika Sarabhai, Arun Bhatia, Sunita Godara, All India Bank Employees Federation, Pan IIT Alumni Assocation, Common Cause and many other prominent organisations and leaders, as India comes out on the streets! 100+ CITIES WILL RALLY BEHIND ANNA!

This is a defining moment for India that can give our children a better future! Let us unite and stand by him! Thousands will be there to support him. WILL YOU BE THERE? Come and stay with Anna at Jantar Mantar for a few days from 5th April.

Anna's appeal to the people:

When I sit on fast on 5 April, I urge my fellow countryment to

> Join me in fasting for one, two, three or whatever number of days you can comfortably fast.

> Along with fast, please pray to God (whoever you believe in) for better and corruption free India. Collective prayers from all the people of India would definitedly have a huge impact.

> Write an impassioned plea to our Prime Minister that we can look upon him to pass "Jan Lokpal Bill", else we will be compelled not to vote for his party in next elections.

> Remain calm and peaceful and develop the courage to go to jail, if required, in this next freedom movement.

To stay updated about movement, either send a missed call at 022 61550789 or send your email ID
    India Against Corruption: A-119, Kaushambi, Ghaziabad, UP { 09718500606}
    www.indiaagainstcorruption.org / indiaagainstcorruption.2010@gmail.com / facebook.com/indiacor

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

JRBhincher (July 31st, 2012), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012), sunillore (July 30th, 2012)

Long live Sh. Anna Hazare

I have just come back from an entire day spent with Anna Hazare the entire day without any food!!

I didnot see the Indian freedom struggle and have not had the opportunity of seeing or hearing Mahatma Gandhi or Sardar Patel. But believe me, the moment I stepped into Jantar Mantar, Delhi, I somehow felt I had connected with history in the making. I also could somehow feel how the protesters must have felt during the freedom struggle 65 years or more ago.

I felt so honoured to have a glimpse of this humble yet noble man - Shri Anna Hazare who was resting on the podium in his third day of fast unto death. It seemed a once in a lifetime opportunity as if I was watching Mahatma Gandhi in a reincarnation as Anna Hazare. I could not have felt more privilged than ever just to hear him speak and speak to us all who were part of the movement. This 73 year old leader was on an indefinite strike for the 3rd day consecutively and here we were who were having their regular meals for the last three days. Besides there being thousands of protesters around, there were about 200 more protesters who were on a fast unto death alongside Sh. Hazare for the last three days. I salute them as well.

We were addressed besides Sh. Hazare by Swami Angivesh, Sh. Arvind Kejriwal, Sh. Sisodia (Journalist and coordinator) and other noted personalities. In the evening while raising slogans we marched to Amar Jawan Jyoti to pay homage to our brave soldiers and came back with a candle march to Jantar Mantar where we were warmly greeted and welcomed by Sh. Hazare and the other protesters there. There was a young band of musicians and singers who swayed the crowd of protesters there with some of the most memorable nationalist songs.

The place was full of energy, in fact the entire place was buyount and flowing with the energy of one and all - old and young, educated and illiterates, Keralites, Maharashtrians, Haryanvis, Chhatisgarhis, Tamils, Just about everyone from every corner of the country.

I hope to visit this hallowed place once again - its a pilgrimage, though at the same time I also hope that good sense prevails on this corrupt govt. and it accepts the demands of the people of this country. I pray for the good health of Sh. Anna Hazare as selfless leaders like him are a rarity in this country and we cannot afford to lose him at any cost.

Don't wait for tomorrow, come and join this movement today!! It is not anyone else's fight, it is your own fight.
    Last edited by AbhikRana; April 8th, 2011 at 12:55 AM.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 8th, 2011), JRBhincher (July 31st, 2012), kuldeeppunia25 (April 8th, 2011), pradeepiisc (April 12th, 2011), ravinderjeet (April 9th, 2011), ritu (April 8th, 2011), spdeshwal (April 9th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012), sunillathwal (April 8th, 2011), vicky84 (April 8th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (April 10th, 2011)

Victory of Sh. Anna Hazare & Victory of the People

Finally the Govt. of India concedes to the demand for the Jan Lokpal Bill with it reaching an agreement with the demand of issuing a Govt. notification instead of its earlier proposal of just releasing an official note.

Though this is just one battle won in the long war on corruption but nonetheless it is a well deserved VICTORY of Sh. Hazare and of the people of this country whose voices have till not been trampled on by the govt.s (of all parties). We will still rejoice knowing fully well that the bill has to be passed by both the houses of parliament which is inhabited by the worst breed of pests - Corrupt politicians (majority of them) who would be ready to throw the spanner in the wheel and derail the process. But, at least now people know that they donot have to wait for 5 years to change a govt. The people know that they possess the POWER to punish the corrupt who are willing to sell their nation for some petty bucks in some far away and out of reach (for the common man and CBI) Swiss bank accounts. If the govt. tries to do something hanky panky, it should now know fully well that not only will it not be able to come to power again for a long long time, the reverse countdown of its exit could end much before it completes its 5 year term.

I will be there tomorrow at Jantar Mantar to join the celebrations and to congratulate and give my regards to respected Sh. Anna Hazare when he breaks his fast at 10:00 am. Only wish there were more like him in our nation.

This rascal Abhishek Manu Singhvi (Congress spokesperson) had said earlier todaythat if the govt. issues notification in the Jan Lokpal Bill, then Jats would also ask for the same in response to their demand for reservation. That was a very stupid and lame excuse to give. He needs a kick on his back for this. I can only hope that this Corrupt Congress is wiped out from the face of India.

I better catch some nap, tomorrow is a long day of rejoicing for the nation not only at Jantar Mantar but across every nook and corner.
    Last edited by AbhikRana; April 9th, 2011 at 12:07 AM.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.
    – Buckminster Fuller

above line seem true in the case of Jan lokpal bill...!!!

Hail Sh Anna Hazare...hats of to you,,,4 din me government aadi ger li..!!!:rock
    DeStInY LiE$ iN tHe $tReNgTh oF uR dReAm$...!!
    JAT ----------> JUSTICE AND TRUTH

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ravinderpannu For This Useful Post:

sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

में कल लगभग दो घंटे मुंबई के आजाद मैदान में चल रहे आन्दोलन में शामिल हुआ | दिन भर में वहां पर लगभग ५० हजार लोगों का आना जाना हुआ होगा जिनमे लगभग ७० % युवा वर्ग हे | १० -१५ फ़िल्मी एक्टर भी वहां पर आये | अब लगभग मुंबई के सभी उपनगरों में धरने -पर्द्रशन - जुलुस सुरु हो चुके हैं | लाखों लोग पोस्ट कार्ड लिख कर प्रधान मंत्री को भेज रहे हैं | आप भी कम से कम १० पोस्ट कार्ड अपने व् अपने दोस्तों से भिजवाइये | जिसका खर्चा महज ५ रुपये आयेगा | पता हे :- प्राइम मनिस्टर ,७,रेसकोर्स रोड ,नई दिल्ली पिन -११०००१.
    मेने जो लोखा हे :- श्री मनमोहन सिंह जी ,यदि आप के पास थोड़ी सी भी शर्म बची हे और अपने आप को इस देश का नागरिक समझते हैं तो क्रप्या करके इस्तीफा दे दीजिये | क्योंकि आप एक नाकारा और भर्सटाचारी परधानमंत्री हैं | इस देश को आप जेसन की कोई आवश्यकता नहीं हे | प्रेषक :- रविंदर जीत सिंह
    अभी अभी अन्ना हजारे जी ने अनशन एक छोटी लड़की के हाथ से जल ग्रहण कर के तोड़ दिया हे | अन्ना हजारे और भारत की जनता की kaale अंग्रेजों के विरुद्ध ये जीत का पहला कदम सफलता पूर्वक रख दिया गया हे | लड़ाई अभ बाकी हे |
    Last edited by ravinderjeet; April 9th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

JRBhincher (July 31st, 2012), rajpaldular (April 9th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    में कल लगभग दो घंटे मुंबई के आजाद मैदान में चल रहे आन्दोलन में शामिल हुआ | दिन भर में वहां पर लगभग ५० हजार लोगों का आना जाना हुआ होगा जिनमे लगभग ७० % युवा वर्ग हे | १० -१५ फ़िल्मी एक्टर भी वहां पर आये | अब लगभग मुंबई के सभी उपनगरों में धरने -पर्द्रशन - जुलुस सुरु हो चुके हैं | लाखों लोग पोस्ट कार्ड लिख कर प्रधान मंत्री को भेज रहे हैं | आप भी कम से कम १० पोस्ट कार्ड अपने व् अपने दोस्तों से भिजवाइये | जिसका खर्चा महज ५ रुपये आयेगा | पता हे :- प्राइम मनिस्टर ,७,रेसकोर्स रोड ,नई दिल्ली पिन -११०००१.
    मेने जो लोखा हे :- श्री मनमोहन सिंह जी ,यदि आप के पास थोड़ी सी भी शर्म बची हे और अपने आप को इस देश का नागरिक समझते हैं तो क्रप्या करके इस्तीफा दे दीजिये | क्योंकि आप एक नाकारा और भर्सटाचारी परधानमंत्री हैं | इस देश को आप जेसन की कोई आवश्यकता नहीं हे | प्रेषक :- रविंदर जीत सिंह
    अभी अभी अन्ना हजारे जी ने अनशन एक छोटी लड़की के हाथ से जल ग्रहण कर के तोड़ दिया हे | अन्ना हजारे और भारत की जनता की गोरे अंग्रेजों के विरुद्ध ये जीत का पहला कदम सफलता पूर्वक रख दिया गया हे | लड़ाई अभ बाकी हे |

Bilkul sahi kaha aapne ladai abhi baaki hai.....ye toh shuruaat hai......Well said.....
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajpaldular For This Useful Post:

JRBhincher (July 31st, 2012), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

With Govt. notification on Jan Lokpal Bill in hands Anna Hazare Ends his fast

The sweet taste of VICTORY is how I can summarise today's experience at Jantar Mantar.

Victory of Sh. Anna Hazare, victory of the people, your victory, my victory - everyone's victory. Victory of good over evil.

While rejoicing today morning at Jantar Mantar, we all knew that we were still not out of the woods (forest) yet, but Sh. Anna Hazare had equipped us with a weapon - People's Power. This was the first blood that the people had drawn on the corrupt, the war is pretty long with the bill being drafted right and then its passage through the parliament which is inhabited by the most corrupt breed - THE POLITICIANS who it can be anticipated confidentally will do everything possible to thwart the smooth passage of the bill as they have done so far since the past 42 years. But let these KALA ANGREZ do anything wrong and the people will again be on the streets and this time its going to be with even greater vigour.

After getting a copy of the Govt. Gazette notification in his hands, Sh. Hazare first offered juice to others on fast unto death and only after that accepted juice from the hands of a girl child signifying the victory of good over evil during Navratras. He praised the people for making this people's movement successful and in fact made it clear that in future if the govt. backtracked on its commitment on Jan Lokpal and if the bill was not passed in the parliament by 15th August, he would march to the Lal Quila (Red Fort), New Delhi with the tricolour in his hands and with him, hundreds and thousands of his supporters. He reiterated that this agitation had made the Kala Angrez lose sleep like the first freedom struggle made the Angrez lose their sleep.

At the same time there was a sigh of relief that the 73 year old Sh. Hazare was still hale & hearty and subsequently moved for medical check up. He was besides juice given rice water and advised by doctors to take a rest of at least 3 - 4 hours as his BP was slightly higher. In the evening at around 6 pm in all probability he would be part of the congregation which will include noted social luminaries like Swami Agnivesh, Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi, Medha Patekar, etc, which will march to India Gate.

THE THING THAT MADE ME UPSET LAST EVENING WAS: Mr. Sibal's comment that this Jan Lokpal Bill had become possible only because of the large heartedness of Sh. Manmohan Singh and Smt. Sonia Gandhi was a very sad observation. Who are they to show largeheartedness (Dariyadili). They are not the ones who are gifting something to the people. In a democracy, the people are the ones who own the power and no one can gift or donate it to them.

Ravinderjeet bhai, bahut sahi patra likha!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

JRBhincher (July 31st, 2012)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    1. Who is Anna Hazare?

An ex-army man. Fought 1965 Indo-Pak War

2. What's so special about him?
    He built a village Ralegaon Siddhi in Ahamad Nagar district, Maharashtra

3. So what?
    This village is a self-sustained model village. Energy is produced in the village itself from solar power, biofuel and wind mills.
    In 1975, it used to be a poverty clad village. Now it is one of the richest village in India. It has become a model for self-sustained, eco-friendly & harmonic village.

4. Ok,...?
    This guy, Anna Hazare was awarded Padma Bhushan and is a known figure for his social activities.

5. Really, what is he fighting for?
    He is supporting a cause, the amendment of a law to curb corruption in India.

6. How that can be possible?
    He is advocating for a Bil, The Jan Lokpal Bill (The Citizen Ombudsman Bill), that will form an autonomous authority who will make politicians (ministers), beurocrats (IAS/IPS) accountable for their deeds.

8. It's an entirely new thing right..?
    In 1972, the bill was proposed by then Law minister Mr. Shanti Bhushan. Since then it has been neglected by the politicians and some are trying to change the bill to suit thier theft (corruption).

7. Oh.. He is going on a hunger strike for that whole thing of passing a Bill ! How can that be possible in such a short span of time?
    The first thing he is asking for is: the government should come forward and announce that the bill is going to be passed.
    Next, they make a joint committee to DRAFT the JAN LOKPAL BILL. 50% goverment participation and 50% public participation. Because you cant trust the government entirely for making such a bill which does not suit them.

8. Fine, What will happen when this bill is passed?
    A LokPal will be appointed at the centre. He will have an autonomous charge, say like the Election Commission of India. In each and every state, Lokayukta will be appointed. The job is to bring all alleged party to trial in case of corruptions within 1 year. Within 2 years, the guilty will be punished. Not like, Bofors scam or Bhopal Gas Tragedy case, that has been going for last 25 years without any result.

9. Is he alone? Whoelse is there in the fight with Anna Hazare?
    Baba Ramdev, Ex. IPS Kiran Bedi, Social Activist Swami Agnivesh, RTI activist Arvind Kejriwal and many more.
    Prominent personalities like Aamir Khan is supporting his cause.

10. Ok, got it. What can I do?
    At least we can spread the message. How?
    Putting status message, links, video, changing profile pics.

At least we can support Anna Hazare and the cause for uprooting corruption from India.
    At least we can hope that his Hunger Strike does not go in vain.
    At least we can pray for his good health.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sewajat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 12th, 2011), prashantacmet (April 11th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012), upendersingh (April 19th, 2011)

Anna hazare fought for a noble cause but it seems that politics has started on this also. Baba ramdev has raised objection on nepotism in joint committee and Anna itself is on target for praising Nitish and Narendra modi so differences are creeping up among the leaders of this campaign. It seems that baba ramdev is dying for taking the credit,doe she thinkthat anna hazare is enjoying the whole credit and it can shallow the image of baba and in turn his dream for being the next PM of this country can shatter. why the differences have come on surface, will not it mitigate the trust of people for these leaders? I think that baba ramdev is turning into another clever politician
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prashantacmet For This Useful Post:

pradeepiisc (April 12th, 2011), singhvp (April 11th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

अन्ना जी की समिति के ५ लोगों में पूर्व क़ानून मंत्री शांति भूषण (राजनेता )जो कांग्रेस, जनता पार्टी एवं भाजपा से सम्बंधित रहे हैं , के सम्मिलित होने से इस समिति के वास्तविक जन प्रतिनिधियों की संख्या घटकर ४ हो गयी. यदि शान्ति भूषण के स्थान पर स्वामीजी द्वारा अनुमोदित किरण बेदी जी होतीं तो वास्तविक जन सदस्यों की संख्या ५ नहीं अपितु ५+१ हो जाती क्योंकि पिता पुत्र को दिशा निर्देश अलग से दे सकता था. किरण बेदी जी के आने से क़ानून को बनाने और लागू करने वाले दोनों प्रकार के प्रतिनिधि समिति में हो जाते. क़ानून बनाने और लागू करने में सामंजस्य भी आवश्यक है. स्वामी जी के वास्तविक मन्तव्यों को न समझकर समिति ने ४:६ के अनुपात में भ्रष्टाचार मिटाने का समझौता कर एक सुनहरा अवसर खो दिया.
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rajpaldular For This Useful Post:

ravinderjeet (April 11th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

Efforts to derail the movement against corruption

It is really unfortunate that vested interests including politicians, certain sections of media, social gliteratti and others who benefit in some way or the other from corruption are critical of the Jan Lokpal Bill movement. They would leave no effort of creating doubts and suspicion in the minds of the people on this movement and its leaders.

No doubt there has been some communication gap amongst the leaders associated with the movement, notably Swami Ramdev and Shanti Bhushan. But that should be understandable especially in the backdrop of such a momentous movement which is an event which has not taken place in decades. The bridging of this gap is not a thing which is insurmountable. There have been discussions amongst the various leaders and it seems that all the issues have been taken care of amicably with a strong resolve to focus on the cause and not on personal difference of opinions. After all, it is the movement which is of utmost importance and not personal opinions.

During the press briefing yesterday evening at Press Club, Delhi, in the words of Kiran Bedi the media is trying to smell a rat in everything associated with the movement especially the initial minor difference of opinions. It was very sad that the media immediately tried to politicise the praise heaped by Sh. Hazare on Narendra Modi and Nitish Kumar as model CMs who had taken development straight to the doorsteps of village and rural folk. The media stated that by implication Sh. Hazare also supported the communal riots that took place with Narendra Modi as the CM of Gujarat. Despite clarifications by Sh. Hazare that he only lauded the efforts of Modi and Kumar in taking development to the villages and he didnot support the alleged role played by Modi govt. during riots, the media kept repeating the same thing.

We can only hope that good sense prevails on the politicians, the media and the social gliteratti and they desist from creating confusion and hurdles for the movement. If they still continue, the citizenry of this country will never forgive them because now everything is in the open. Similarly witchhunting undertaken against supporters like Anupam Kher by politicians from various parties including RPI needs to stop immediately because ultimately if the people come together again onto the streets these corrupt people will find it hard to find places to hide.

Long live the movement!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

pradeepiisc (April 12th, 2011), prashantacmet (April 11th, 2011), rajpaldular (April 11th, 2011), ravinderjeet (April 11th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012), sunillathwal (April 12th, 2011)

Media to Govt. ke ishare par kaam kar rahi hai ab.8th apr ko media heads ki meeting bhi bulayi thi PM ne.

Quote Originally Posted by AbhikRana View Post
    It is really unfortunate that vested interests including politicians, certain sections of media, social gliteratti and others who benefit in some way or the other from corruption are critical of the Jan Lokpal Bill movement. They would leave no effort of creating doubts and suspicion in the minds of the people on this movement and its leaders.

No doubt there has been some communication gap amongst the leaders associated with the movement, notably Swami Ramdev and Shanti Bhushan. But that should be understandable especially in the backdrop of such a momentous movement which is an event which has not taken place in decades. The bridging of this gap is not a thing which is insurmountable. There have been discussions amongst the various leaders and it seems that all the issues have been taken care of amicably with a strong resolve to focus on the cause and not on personal difference of opinions. After all, it is the movement which is of utmost importance and not personal opinions.

During the press briefing yesterday evening at Press Club, Delhi, in the words of Kiran Bedi the media is trying to smell a rat in everything associated with the movement especially the initial minor difference of opinions. It was very sad that the media immediately tried to politicise the praise heaped by Sh. Hazare on Narendra Modi and Nitish Kumar as model CMs who had taken development straight to the doorsteps of village and rural folk. The media stated that by implication Sh. Hazare also supported the communal riots that took place with Narendra Modi as the CM of Gujarat. Despite clarifications by Sh. Hazare that he only lauded the efforts of Modi and Kumar in taking development to the villages and he didnot support the alleged role played by Modi govt. during riots, the media kept repeating the same thing.

We can only hope that good sense prevails on the politicians, the media and the social gliteratti and they desist from creating confusion and hurdles for the movement. If they still continue, the citizenry of this country will never forgive them because now everything is in the open. Similarly witchhunting undertaken against supporters like Anupam Kher by politicians from various parties including RPI needs to stop immediately because ultimately if the people come together again onto the streets these corrupt people will find it hard to find places to hide.

Long live the movement!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htomar For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (April 11th, 2011), ravinderjeet (April 11th, 2011)

I salute Respected Anna Hazaare and the people who came forward for the movement. Inspite of the well known ignorance from Indian Govt. the movement got the momentum and got almost desired outcome. Every successful movement has a long history of credit takers and/or being neglected after the movement.

I am disappointed to see people inducing politics into this matter. Say two things to the media, they will choose one to promote and would never talk about the second. Sensation always lies in the rumors. Good things are gradually happening things and hardly gets immediate attention. There are still some people who are doing good and lets respect their dedication instead of some party based bashing.

Yog Guru Baba Ramdev should show some respect to the decision made by Hazaare if he is serious about it.

I wonder that people still like to see some ( rational/irrational) ratio in the committee ....
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vijay For This Useful Post:

ashe (August 17th, 2012), prashantacmet (April 12th, 2011), rajpaldular (April 23rd, 2011), singhvp (April 12th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post

Yog Guru Baba Ramdev should show some respect to the decision made by Hazaare if he is serious about it.

I wonder that people still like to see some ( rational/irrational) ratio in the committee ....
    The disguised aspirations of Shri Ram Dev to become numero uno while riding on the crest of popularity accruing to him by yog is seemingly at odds with the selfless service of a genuinely concerned, down to earth, honest to the core and man of the masses - Anna Hazare. While Anna's mission is aimed at salvation of the country from the deadly corrupt nexus of bureaucrats and politicians, Baba is looking much beyond that. It was not the right time to make any dissenting remarks on appointment of the committee. Anna has started the campaign in right earnest nd people see in him a true well-wisher and someone who can bring the nation behind him to fight the menace of corruption. Therefore, he should be given a free hand in nomination of the members. Moreover, this is not the end of the road, there will so many bumps in this difficult task and people have to fight unitedly and across political spectrum against this Frankenstein monster named corruption leaving aside personal ambitions.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to singhvp For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (April 12th, 2011)

i resisted myself from commenting on this thread but when Anna Hazaare is called gandhian i can't beleive even a bit because whichever mission was started by Gandhi i.e Quit india, non cooporation n one me not able to recall,all got suspended in between.This man is fighting till the end so lets not call him Gandhian. Media is calling him by this name to earn their bread.
    "I dont know about the Gandhian ways but now-days everybody is following the Saheed-eAzam Bhagat Singh and other revolutionaries path for getting things done by the state...Fasting unto death ,they did that for 63 days..longest ever i know."

Khudi ko kar buland itna ke har taqder se pehle
    Khuda bande se ye poche bata teri raza kia hai

29. The Following User Says Thank You to rinkusheoran For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 13th, 2011)

Congress and Govt. shying away from the Transparency Clause

Congress is shying away from the Transparency clause in the Joint committee proceedings of Jan Lokpal Bill drafting. Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi has in unequivocal terms discarded the transparency clause in terms of video-recording of the joint committeed proceedings on Jan Lokpal Bill draft.

This makes the intention of the Congress and the govt. very clear. If the congress is clean why should it shy away from video recording of the proceedings? what is there to hide from the public? What secret opinions or proposals they have that they donot want to share?

In hindi there is a saying: 'Saanch ko aanch nahi'. Maybe Congress does not have saanch and that is why it is afraid of the aanch.

Despite more than 6 years after the govt. having signed the UN Convention against corruption, it has still not ratified it. If the govt. ratifies it, it would be a lot more easy to get the black money back after coordinating with the other signatory countries. But who would want the black money back from Swiss and other accounts when they and their future generations can actually enjoy the money abroad.

It's not the height of corruption, it is the Mount Everest of Corruption that this Congress party and govt. has gifted to the nation. And above that, it is still not satisfied with what it has done so far. The Congress party wants to set newer benchmarks in corruption while at the same time PM and Madam are busy clarifying to the public that they are SURF Excel clean.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AbhikRana For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (April 13th, 2011), rajpaldular (April 14th, 2011), ravinderjeet (April 14th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by vpsingh View Post
    The disguised aspirations of Shri Ram Dev to become numero uno while riding on the crest of popularity accruing to him by yog is seemingly at odds with the selfless service of a genuinely concerned, down to earth, honest to the core and man of the masses - Anna Hazare. While Anna's mission is aimed at salvation of the country from the deadly corrupt nexus of bureaucrats and politicians, Baba is looking much beyond that. It was not the right time to make any dissenting remarks on appointment of the committee. Anna has started the campaign in right earnest nd people see in him a true well-wisher and someone who can bring the nation behind him to fight the menace of corruption. Therefore, he should be given a free hand in nomination of the members. Moreover, this is not the end of the road, there will so many bumps in this difficult task and people have to fight unitedly and across political spectrum against this Frankenstein monster named corruption leaving aside personal ambitions.
    All this was started by Ramdev. He challenged the congress first. How come this lesser know Anna H. stole the show? Congress even met his demand so soon ! Media is rejoicing like never before claiming it India's victory?

It was Ramdev who ignited the spark. May be congress think its easier to tackle this person rather than stuanch Hindu like Ramdev who would have easily got support from majority of hindus and hence media was instructed to focus to Hazare. How come he became the symbol on fight all of a sudden and not someone like Kiran Bedi, Ramdev etc?

Same as what happened when Bose was replaced, this time a saffron clad Proud hindu got replaced by Gandhi cap?
    We need strong leader not the same old weak fasting type.

Why do we have to go to fasting? Is our life so cheap? Why cant we go on street and protest and show the power that way.

I dont like these fasting type protest becase majority of the demand of these fasting people are met in 5 days whole nation is happy but no one understood what happened. If there is so much power in fast than we Jats should do the same for OBC reservation. I bet no one would care. It depends who is fasting? Consider other movement-Protest start at unknown place. No one cares 10 more people start protesting than 20 more than 100000 more every one joins. It goes longer and longer may be for years. More and more people join. The important thing is they understand what they are fighting for. They are awakened now and then Govt is pressurized exactly what Ramdev was doing. The command should be in the hands of people not an old man fasting. Now they would make a deal behind closed door same as what happened many times in past.

Doesnt matter what deal they struck unless and untill the people are awakened nothing would change. The power (of knowledge) in the hands of a few is a dangerous thing.

The future of India (in 1947) was also decided like this behind closed doors in a matter of few hours. No common man was consulted. Still it would be good if before signing Anna force them to circulate the draft in all leading news paper and demand a national debate on the same.

Where is Ramdev---he is not fasting. He is still busy visiting villages but not being reported.

P.S >>> No disrespect intended to Mr Hazare or followers. Also I am not a political supprter of Ramdev either. I just like his way of working.
    Last edited by VirJ; April 14th, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

cooljat (April 14th, 2011), rajpaldular (April 14th, 2011), ravinderjeet (April 14th, 2011), ravinderpannu (April 14th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (April 14th, 2011), ravinderjeet (April 14th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)

लोकपाल पर हर मांग पर झुकने के बाद अब सरकार और कांग्रेस के निशाने पर अन्ना और उनके सहयोगी हैं। कांग्रेस महासचिव दिग्विजय सिंह ने कहा कि इसकी जांच होना चाहिए कि आंदोलन का खर्च किसने उठाया। उन्होंने हजारे पर निशाना साधते हुए कि चुनाव हर उस आदमी को लडऩा चाहिए जो राजनेताओं को गाली देता है। उन्होंने लोकपाल के दायरे में कॉर्पोरेट और स्वयंसेवी संगठनों को लाने की मांग की। सिब्बल का समर्थन करते हुए उन्होंने कहा- यह सही है कि केवल लोकपाल से भ्रष्टाचार समाप्त नहीं होगा। दिग्विजय ने आंदोलन को आरएसएस के समर्थन के सवाल पर सीधा जवाब नहीं दिया, पर कहा कि अन्ना और उनके सहयोगियों को इस पर मंथन करना चाहिए कि उनके साथ किन लोगों ने मंच साझा किया।

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    All this was started by Ramdev. He challenged the congress first. How come this lesser know Anna H. stole the show? Congress even met his demand so soon ! Media is rejoicing like never before claiming it India's victory?
    Is it so Vipin?

Who did fought for RTI in maharastra?
    Who compelled the centre govt not to amend RTI act?
    Who drafted the Jan Lokpal?
    Who was working for RTI before we started to even listen about Baba Ramdev? Perhaps Arvind Kejriwal and others?

It is not the time to count FIRST and second. It is the time to avoid any kind of hussles between these all true people and I feel Baba should have been mature enough to avoid this controversy regarding the members of the commette. Moreover I feel Anna Hazare is also giving un-necessary statements. After his demands were accepted, they should start working on those lines and not pin-pointing and giving their ideas publically. Now they have to perform on the table rather than on the media.

I feel the real people behind this all scene is Arvind Kejrival, Kiran bedi, Bhusan's etc. And they need support of people like Anna, Baba, Shri Shri etc. or all those who want such changes in this country. But they will fail if the people supporting them themselves will go selfish or immature. What if those people who are working truely behind the scenes start fighting for who will take the credit?

I have never seen the true people Aruna roy, arvind and other who fought for Mnrega, rti are talking in public to take credits?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jitendershooda For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (April 15th, 2011), singhvp (April 14th, 2011), sukhbirhooda (March 26th, 2012)