Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vande Mataram V/S Jan Gan Man

If you dig for facts, you will find the same version on many reliable sources. Based on the facts, someone would have to make a huge leap of faith to conclude that Jana Gana Mana was written for King George V. It is another matter that some people are very good at making leaps of faith that suit their world view.

Though I read similar versions at many places, I copy paste a summary from one of them.
    What Started This Controversy

The seeds of this controversy were sown long back- in the year 1911. It was the year when King George V and Queen Mary visited India. Congress, which at that time was controlled by moderates, decided to felicitate the King in its annual conference, since he had announced the abrogation of the partition of Bengal.
    For this purpose Rabindra Nath Tagore was approached and was requested to write a song to honor the King.
    Rabindra Nath Tagore composed Jan Gan Man, which was sung for the first time on the second day of the conference- a day reserved to give a loyal welcome to King George V.
    The English newspapers carried the following report about the event:
    "The Bengali poet Babu Rabindranath Tagore sang a song composed by him specially to welcome the Emperor."(Statesman, Dec. 28, 1911)
    "The proceedings began with the singing by Babu Rabindranath Tagore of a song specially composed by him in honour of the Emperor."(Englishman, Dec. 28, 1911)
    "When the proceedings of the Indian National Congress began on Wednesday 27th December 1911, a Bengali song in welcome of the Emperor was sung. A resolution welcoming the Emperor and Empress was also adopted unanimously." (Indian, Dec. 29, 1911).

Doesn’t that prove that the song was sung in praise of King George V?

Before you form any conclusion, let me tell you that this is just one side of the story. Let us now see the other side of it.
    News Report About the Event as reported in the Indian newspapers

"The proceedings of the Congress party session started with a prayer in Bengali to praise God (song of benediction). This was followed by a resolution expressing loyalty to King George V. Then another song was sung welcoming King George V."(Amrita Bazar Patrika , Dec.28,1911)
    "The annual session of Congress began by singing a song composed by the great Bengali poet Babu Ravindranath Tagore. Then a resolution expressing loyalty to King George V was passed. A song paying a heartfelt homage to King George V was then sung by a group of boys and girls."(The Bengalee, Dec. 28, 1911).
    Report of the annual session of the Indian National Congress

"On the first day of 28th annual session of the Congress, proceedings started after singing Vande Mataram. On the second day the work began after singing a patriotic song by Babu Ravindranath Tagore. Messages from well wishers were then read and a resolution was passed expressing loyalty to King George V. Afterwards the song composed for welcoming King George V and Queen Mary was sung."
    Other Small but Substantial proofs

1) A month after Jana Gana Mana was sung at the Congress session, a circular was issued by the Director of Public Instructions for East Bengal that banned Government servants from sending their children to Shantiniketan- a school run by Rabindra Nath Tagore. Doesn’t that prove that Rabindra Nath Tagore and the British were not best of friends?
    2) In 1917, when Congress was controlled by the Extremists, Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Daas, a great patriot, said about the song, "It is a song for glory and victory of India." Had it been sung to welcome the King, would he have ever said that?
    Rabindra Nath Tagore’s Reaction on the Controversy

On 10 November 1937, Tagore wrote a letter to Mr Pulin Bihari Sen [The letter written in Bengali can be found in Ravindrajivani (Tagore's biography) by Prabhatkumar Mukherjee, volume II page 339.]:
    "A certain high official in His Majesty's service, who was also my friend, had requested that I write a song of felicitation towards the Emperor. The request simply amazed me. It caused a great stir in my heart. In response to that great mental turmoil, I pronounced the victory in Jana Gana Mana of that Bhagya Vidhata of India who has from age after age held steadfast the reins of India's chariot through rise and fall, through the straight path and the curved. That Lord of Destiny, that Reader of the Collective Mind of India, that Perennial Guide, could never be George V, George VI, or any other George. Even my official friend understood this about the song. After all, even if his admiration for the crown was excessive, he was not lacking in simple common sense."
    Again in his letter dated 19 March 1939 Tagore wrote,
    "I should only insult myself if I cared to answer those who consider me capable of such unbounded stupidity as to sing in praise of George the Fourth or George the Fifth as the Eternal Charioteer leading the pilgrims on their journey through countless ages of the timeless history of mankind."

There must be some obvious questions lurking in your mind now:
    Why did the English Newspapers give incorrect information about the event?

A possible reason for this could be that it was a result of the ineptness of the pro-British press, since they did not had the linguistic abilities to be accurate.
    If it was not Jan-Gan-Man, which was the song sung in honor of the King?

Two songs were sung that day. The Jana Gana Mana was followed by a Hindi song composed by Pt. Rambhuj Chaudhary for King George V. This song can be found in the book ‘Our National Anthem’ by Rabindra Kumar Dasgupta published in 1993 by Manjula Bose, Tagore Research Institute, Kolkata.

Having proved beyond doubt that our National Anthem is indeed a song in praise of our motherland, let’s answer a few questions raised in the mail.
    Whom does “Bharath Bhagya Vidhata” refer to?

The mail claims that Bharat Bhagya Vidhata is the King George V. They got this notion from the English translation of the National Anthem. But if you look at Tagore’s work you’ll find that the metaphor “King” represents God. This can be seen in his book "Gitanjali" (an offering of songs to the God):-
    Poem #50: "I had gone a-begging from door to door in the village path when thy golden chariot appeared in the distance like a gorgeous dream and I wondered who was this King of all Kings!"
    Poem #51: "The King has come- but where are lights, where are wreaths? Where is the throne to seat him?..... Open the doors, let the conch-shells be sounded!"
    The word “mother” in the 4th stanza of the song refers to Queen Mary

It is argued that “Ma” (in stanza 4 of the song- not a part of national anthem) refers to the Queen. This is incorrect. The word “Ma” has been used as a metaphor for the Motherland and not the Queen. Even in Amar Sonar Bangla, the national anthem of Bangladesh, Tagore has used the word "ma" and "mata" many times to refer to the motherland.
    Fifth stanza of the song asks “the sleeping Bharat” to wake up and bow down to Queen’s feet

The original phrase "Nidrito Bharato Jaagey" (Sleeping India awakens) has been used by many nationalist poets to awaken the masses for revolution against British Imperialism.
    Only provinces under British rule were added in the song

The mail claims that only the provinces which were under the British rule are mentioned in the song. None of the princely states - Kashmir, Rajasthan, Mysore etc-are present. Neither the Indian Ocean nor the Arabian Sea was included, as they were directly under Portuguese rule at that time.
    The fact is that only the borders states of India were included to represent complete India. ‘Dravida’ represents the south, ‘Utkal’(Orissa) and ‘Banga’ marks the eastern border, ‘Sindh’, ‘Gujarat’ and ‘Maratha’ the western border and ‘Punjab’ represented the North. Even North-East, which was under British is not mentioned. Nor are rivers apart from Ganga and Yamuna, to keep the flow of the song.

It is now up to you to decide what you want to do-- believe the mail and forward it to your friends, or believe the facts and share it with everyone.
    "Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high...
    Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake."
    -Rabindra Nath Tagore

http://www.knowledgehub.co.in/2010/0...-national.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (May 9th, 2011), singhvp (May 8th, 2011)

The letter that Tagore wrote on this subject was to Pulin Bihari Sen and not to Surendranath Bannerjee. And instead of "confessing" as the article claims, the letter showed his disgust with being accused of writing Jan Gan Man in honour of the king.

On 10 November 1937, Tagore wrote a letter to Mr Pulin Bihari Sen [The letter written in Bengali can be found in Ravindrajivani (Tagore's biography) by Prabhatkumar Mukherjee, volume II page 339.]:
    "A certain high official in His Majesty's service, who was also my friend, had requested that I write a song of felicitation towards the Emperor. The request simply amazed me. It caused a great stir in my heart. In response to that great mental turmoil, I pronounced the victory in Jana Gana Mana of that Bhagya Vidhata of India who has from age after age held steadfast the reins of India's chariot through rise and fall, through the straight path and the curved. That Lord of Destiny, that Reader of the Collective Mind of India, that Perennial Guide, could never be George V, George VI, or any other George. Even my official friend understood this about the song. After all, even if his admiration for the crown was excessive, he was not lacking in simple common sense."
    Again in his letter dated 19 March 1939 Tagore wrote,
    "I should only insult myself if I cared to answer those who consider me capable of such unbounded stupidity as to sing in praise of George the Fourth or George the Fifth as the Eternal Charioteer leading the pilgrims on their journey through countless ages of the timeless history of mankind."

Now of course, there is an outside chance that Tagore is lying in the letter. But we can either believe the great man or the conspiracy theorist who is blatantly making up stories!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

singhvp (May 8th, 2011)

Looks like masala on BBC poll in the article has been picked from wiki. Kindly note how wildly different is the real story from the article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Mataram
    In 2002, BBC World Service conducted an international poll to choose ten most famous songs of all time. Around 7000 songs were selected from all over the world. Vande Mataram, in a version by A. R. Rahman, was second in top 10 songs.

Also note some other facts. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee was a patriot, but he too worked for British Govt. once. India was a very different place then!

Also, Tagore was the first one who sung vande mataram in a political context.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

singhvp (May 8th, 2011)

There was significant opposition from Muslims to Vande Mataram as it was a symbolic gesture to a Durga. It is unrealistic to believe in that volatile environment, the leaders would have added fuel to fire by choosing Vande Mataram. Also note that Indian National Army (Subhash Chandra Bose) was also using Jana Gana Mana. This is what Nehru and Prasad said about Vande Mataram vs Jan Gan Man in the Constituent Assembly.

THE Government of India acquired this emotion-charged legacy. Its stand was defined in a statement by Prime Minister Nehru to the Constituent Assembly (Legislative) on August 25, 1948:7 Nehru said:
    "The question of having a national anthem tune, to be played by orchestras and bands became an urgent one for us immediately after 15th August 1947. It was as important as that of having a national flag. The 'Jana Gana Mana' tune, slightly varied, had been adopted as a national anthem by the Indian National Army in South-East Asia, and had subsequently attained a degree of popularity in India also... I wrote to all the provincial Governors and asked their views about our adopting 'Jana Gana Mana' or any other song as the national anthem. I asked them to consult their Premiers before replying... Every one of these Governors, except one (the Governor of the Central Provinces), signified their approval of 'Jana Gana Mana'. Thereupon the Cabinet considered the matter and came to the decision that provisionally 'Jana Gana Mana' should be used as the tune for the national anthem, till such time as the Constituent Assembly came to a final decision. Instructions were issued accordingly to the provincial governments...
    ''It is unfortunate that some kind of argument has arisen as between 'Vande Mataram' and 'Jana Gana Mana'. 'Vande Mataram' is obviously and indisputably the premier national song of India, with a great historical tradition, and intimately connected with our struggle for freedom. That position it is bound to retain and no other song can displace it. It represents the position and poignancy of that struggle, but perhaps not so much the culmination of it. In regard to the national anthem tune, it was felt that the tune was more important than the words... It seemed therefore that while 'Vande Mataram' should continue to be the national song par excellence in India, the national anthem tune should be that of 'Jana Gana Mana', the wording of 'Jana Gana Mana' to be suitably altered to fit in with the existing circumstances.
    "The question has to be considered by the Constituent Assembly, and it is open to that Assembly to decide as it chooses. It may decide on a completely new song or tune, if such is available."
    A MORE definitive statement was made by the President of the Constituent Assembly, Rajendra Prasad, on January 24, 1950. He said: "There is one matter which has been pending for discussion, namely, the question of the national anthem. At one time it was thought that the matter might be brought up before the House, and a decision taken by the House by way of a resolution. But it has been felt that, instead of taking a formal decision by means of a resolution, it is better if I make a statement with regard to the national anthem. Accordingly, I make this statement... The composition consisting of the words and music known as 'Jana Gana Mana' is the national anthem of India, subject to such alterations in the words as the Government may authorise as occasion arises; and the song 'Vande Mataram', which has played a historic part in the struggle for Indian freedom, shall be honoured equally with Jana Gana Mana and shall have equal status with it. (Applause) I hope that will satisfy the Members."8

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

singhvp (May 8th, 2011)

कपिल , आपने जो लिखा हे या प्रस्तुत किया हे उस से भी राजपाल जी की पोस्ट का समर्थन होता हे | ये चिट्ठियाँ तो रबिंदरनाथ ने बाद में देशभक्तों से गालियाँ खाने के बाद अपने बचाव में लिखी की उनको अंग्रेजों का चाटुकार घोषित कर दिया गया था | पहली बात तो ये ह की वो ऐसा देशभक्त था तो वहां कविता पढने गया ही क्यों था | और डा. राजेंदर प्रसाद और नेहरु के द्वारा जो तथ्य पर्स्तुत किये गए हैं वे भी गोल-मोल हैं और उनका उदेश्य 'जन गन मन 'को किसी भी प्रकार से सथापित करना था | कांग्रेस के वे लोग जो अपने आप को मोडरेटर कह रहे थे वे वास्तव में गोरों के चमचे थे | आज भी हैं उनकी नई पीढियां |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    हक़ मांगने से नहीं मिलता , छिना जाता हे |
    अहिंसा कमजोरों का हथियार हे |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |
    मौत नु आंगालियाँ पे नचांदे , ते आपां जाट कुहांदे |

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (May 9th, 2011)

भाई नेहरु का तो टांका ए फिट था गवर्नर की लुगाई सागे. या बात तो पक्की स के यो गान गया तो अँगरेज़ अधिनायक खातर ए था पर कुछ बातें लेख में गलत भी हे पर फेर भी लेख का जो मेन पॉइंट हे वो सही हे.

इस गान को कोई क्रन्तिकारी नहीं गाता था
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ravinderjeet View Post
    कपिल , आपने जो लिखा हे या प्रस्तुत किया हे उस से भी राजपाल जी की पोस्ट का समर्थन होता हे | ये चिट्ठियाँ तो रबिंदरनाथ ने बाद में देशभक्तों से गालियाँ खाने के बाद अपने बचाव में लिखी की उनको अंग्रेजों का चाटुकार घोषित कर दिया गया था | पहली बात तो ये ह की वो ऐसा देशभक्त था तो वहां कविता पढने गया ही क्यों था | और डा. राजेंदर प्रसाद और नेहरु के द्वारा जो तथ्य पर्स्तुत किये गए हैं वे भी गोल-मोल हैं और उनका उदेश्य 'जन गन मन 'को किसी भी प्रकार से सथापित करना था | कांग्रेस के वे लोग जो अपने आप को मोडरेटर कह रहे थे वे वास्तव में गोरों के चमचे थे | आज भी हैं उनकी नई पीढियां |
    रविंदर जीत, ऐसा इसलिए क्यूंकि मुझे नहीं लगता की अपनी बात सिद्ध करने के लिए तथ्यों को मरोड़ने की या झूठ का सहारा लेने ली ज़रुरत है. इस लेख के सफ़ेद झूठों का खुलासा होने के बाद कोई अँधा ही इस्पे विश्वास करना चाहेगा.

मेरे लिए यह हास्यास्पद है की आप इन तथ्यों से भी वही मतलब निकाल रहे हैं, जो आप पहले निकालना चाहते थे.

We can't expect people of those times to behave in what we consider as "patriotic" now. Tagore needs no one's certificate to be called a patriot. He himself was vocal about his differences with Gandhi, revolutionaries, etc. But he also inspired many revolutionaries. Are we going to apply the same standards to Sir Chhotu Ram? Wasn't he recruiting Jats big time for world war 2 to fight for British, when most public opinion in India was against British? Tagore gave away his Sir title after Jallianwala Bagh. But Chhotu Ram accepted it much after that. All this doesn't make Chhotu Ram any less of a great man.

As far as the claim that no revolutionary sung Jan Gan Man, I am not going to waste my time finding names of all revolutionaries who sung it. As I don't think it makes a difference to those who want to believe in what they believe anyways. But the lie can be exposed from the simple fact that it WAS the anthem for the Indian National Army led by Bose.

It was performed by the chamber orchestra of Radio Station Hamburg before an audience comprising Subhash Chandra Bose, Governor Kaufmann, Mayor Krogmann and prominent citizens of the city. Subhash Chandra Bose, who always attached importance to all spheres of India’s growing consciousness as a nation, has personally decided in favour of Jana Gana Mana as the national anthem.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Some-f...e1-331446.aspx

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (May 9th, 2011), singhvp (May 8th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (May 8th, 2011)

Rajpalji, it seems that you have taken the responsibility of putting all email forwards and kind of other spams going around as a thread on Jatland. The best part is that you claim all the authors are your friends . Looking at the some other threads you have started:
    1. Martian civilization
    2. Christian India
    3. IIT = American Institute of Tech

Most of these email forwards and spams have some outright lies in them. They are written by some motivated people for a very specific purpose. I think a responsible person like you should behave with more judgment about pasting them as it is here. If you like a topic, why not write 3 lines yourself and open a discussion. Rather than pasting someone else's material that you don't even know is right or wrong? Like in this case, you could have started a thread about Jan Gan Man vs Vande Mataram- which is more suitable as national anthem or the controversies surrounding Jan Gan Man. These are valid topics. But there is an issue if you just put some idiot's spam as it is here, who makes all sorts of ludicrous claims.

Some members used to raise the question about the image of Jats when others come to this site for info. about Jats. Well if that is a concern, then these threads with such spam as opening posts would definitely be leaving a very bad image.

Then, you should also think about the impressionable young minds from the community that come to the site. Do you want them to take this sort of spam as educational material? Would you like your children to believe all these emails with a bunch of lies in them?

Moderators should also think that if a member is always putting such emails as opening posts for threads, then doesn't it make sense to put that member in active moderation? I would be the last person to advocate any harsh moderation. But on JL, sometimes even small things lead to harsh actions. And discouraging spam, in my opinion, is something that DOES require moderation. I also firmly believe in freedom of speech. But in such cases, even the speech is not original. If someone writes something, there is a sense of responsibility. There is an attempt to find the truth. But when you just copy paste from somewhere, the sense of discretion is gone.

Disclosure: I am going to use "report post" on any other such threads started by you. Let me clarify again, I don't mind the topic. But I don't like these anonymous emails that leave no one accountable for spreading outright lies. If you want to lie, atleast take responsibility for it.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (May 9th, 2011), singhvp (May 9th, 2011), spdeshwal (May 9th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (May 9th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    Rajpalji, it seems that you have taken the responsibility of putting all email forwards and kind of other spams going around as a thread on Jatland. The best part is that you claim all the authors are your friends . Looking at the some other threads you have started:
    1. Martian civilization
    2. Christian India
    3. IIT = American Institute of Tech
    Mr. Dalal

Some of the threads I have posted are of my own like "Maritian Civilization.' No doubt I have collected, modified the matters which I have read in news papers and old magazines. I have just pointed out the things which comes from the bottom of my heart and I reserve the right to bring out evil things which are going around us.

Most of these email forwards and spams have some outright lies in them. They are written by some motivated people for a very specific purpose. I think a responsible person like you should behave with more judgment about pasting them as it is here. If you like a topic, why not write 3 lines yourself and open a discussion. Rather than pasting someone else's material that you don't even know is right or wrong? Like in this case, you could have started a thread about Jan Gan Man vs Vande Mataram- which is more suitable as national anthem or the controversies surrounding Jan Gan Man. These are valid topics. But there is an issue if you just put some idiot's spam as it is here, who makes all sorts of ludicrous claims.

Some members used to raise the question about the image of Jats when others come to this site for info. about Jats. Well if that is a concern, then these threads with such spam as opening posts would definitely be leaving a very bad image.

Then, you should also think about the impressionable young minds from the community that come to the site. Do you want them to take this sort of spam as educational material? Would you like your children to believe all these emails with a bunch of lies in them?

Moderators should also think that if a member is always putting such emails as opening posts for threads, then doesn't it make sense to put that member in active moderation? I would be the last person to advocate any harsh moderation. But on JL, sometimes even small things lead to harsh actions. And discouraging spam, in my opinion, is something that DOES require moderation. I also firmly believe in freedom of speech. But in such cases, even the speech is not original. If someone writes something, there is a sense of responsibility. There is an attempt to find the truth. But when you just copy paste from somewhere, the sense of discretion is gone.

Mr. Dalal It seems like that a lame man teaches dancing. How can you tell like that? You have to go through our history and epics to learn what our culture and religion is.

Disclosure: I am going to use "report post" on any other such threads started by you. Let me clarify again, I don't mind the topic. But I don't like these anonymous emails that leave no one accountable for spreading outright lies. If you want to lie, atleast take responsibility for it.
    Mr. Dalal I have to say a thing to you that the best solution comes through conversion.
    So let my threads to be read by our members and let them to make comments on my threads.

My Disclosure : Why our Constitution is a flexible one? for example if anything has been written in any Laws, Clause and Religious Books that can be ammended by time to time. It is not that all things are bright that glitters. Then Moderators can decide whether I am wrong other wise you.

India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

What are you talking about? Looks like you want to attract a certain type of people in your support by talking about culture, religion, etc. There is nothing cultural about spreading spam. Or lying!

Instead of getting senti, are you going to respond to any of the comments I made on this spam you posted here? Does the "bottom of your heart" come up with lies like King George V was the chairman of noble committee? Looks like "the bottom of your heart" is looking for all the crap that exists on the internet and put it here.

And if you really wrote the Martian thread yourself, good for you (but nothing to boast about, seriously)! Though a simple google gives me this link. It is blocked in my office- so I can't comment on it.
    www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread313925/pg1

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

spdeshwal (February 5th, 2012), vijaykajla1 (May 9th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    What are you talking about? Looks like you want to attract a certain type of people in your support by talking about culture, religion, etc. There is nothing cultural about spreading spam. Or lying!

Instead of getting senti, are you going to respond to any of the comments I made on this spam you posted here? Does the "bottom of your heart" come up with lies like King George V was the chairman of noble committee? Looks like "the bottom of your heart" is looking for all the crap that exists on the internet and put it here.

Maritian's Civilization On Mars as Like ancient Mohenjodedo or Hadappa this thread is my own openion purely and pictures of Mars taken from Nasa's sight because Mars planet is not created by me so I have to taken from else where.

And if you really wrote the Martian thread yourself, good for you (but nothing to boast about, seriously)! Though a simple google gives me this link. It is blocked in my office- so I can't comment on it.
    www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread313925/pg1

What wrong I have made? I just express what is wrong and what is right. Then people have to consider what to accept or to not? There are three types of people

1) The Bad person who sees the wrong side of a thing.
    2) The better person who sees both wrong and right side of a thing.
    3) The Best person who always sees only the right side of a thing.

My moto is to drain the knowledge so that it can effect human race.

In the last my conclusion is that when an elephant passes along a street dogs are used to bark.

Moderators pls Lock this thread.
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpaldular View Post
    What wrong I have made? I just express what is wrong and what is right. Then people have to consider what to accept or to not? There are three types of people

1) The Bad person who sees the wrong side of a thing.
    2) The better person who sees both wrong and right side of a thing.
    3) The Best person who always sees only the right side of a thing.

My moto is to drain the knowledge so that it can effect human race.

In the last my conclusion is that when an elephant passes along a street dogs are used to bark.

Moderators pls Lock this thread.
    Comeon now, don't sound like Aristotle!

So now your contribution is to pick a spam email with title "Martian Ancient City" and add harappa and mohenjodaro to the title. Just one post back you claimed it to be all yours. The same thing happened earlier on the thread when it was pointed out that you didn't write it. Which soon changed to "your friend wrote it" and you made it more attractive. But who is going to take responsibility for the actual words? Are you going to comment on my remarks about outright lies in the post? This is like 10th time I am asking.

On what basis you added Harappa to the title? Why didn't you add Mayan civilization or Delhi or New York to the title? What's the logic? Rest of the text and pictures are copy paste- and that too from spammy material. And you are going all philosophical about bad, better, wrong, right.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

vijaykajla1 (May 9th, 2011)

राजपाल जी , ये देखने वाले के अटीटुड पे निर्भर हे की वो ग्लास को आधा भरा हुआ देख रहा हे या आधा खाली |
    :rockwhen you found a key to success,some ideot change the lock,*******BREAK THE DOOR.
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

राजपाल जी , ये देखने वाले के अटीटुड पे निर्भर हे की वो ग्लास को आधा भरा हुआ देख रहा हे या आधा खाली |
    सत्य वचन रविन्द्र जीत सिंह जी. लगता है कि कुछ लोग कुछ विशेष संघटनों से जुड़े होते हैं और इनके बारे में बुराई नहीं सुन सकते. मैं परवाह नहीं करता, हाथी के पीछे कुत्ते ऐसे ही भोंकते रहते हैं.....ऐसे सदस्यों के कारण से कितने सदस्यों ने जाटलैंड.कॉम को छोड़ दिया, ये बताने की आवश्यकता नहीं है...

अगर मैं आपके ग्लास मैं आधा पानी और आधा गंदे नाले का पानी डालूँगा, तो आप पी लोगे? लेख मैं साफ़ साफ़ झूठ हैं और आप समर्थन ऐसे कर रहे हैं जैसे मैंने प्रकृति के नियमों का विरोध कर दिया हो.

यह हर मुद्दे पे gang बनाने की आवश्यकता नहीं होती रविंदर जीत जी. कभी कभी क्या कहा जा रहा है उसपे भी गौर किया कीजिये. आप तो हमेशा यही देखते हैं की कौन कह रहा है.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

prashantacmet (May 9th, 2011), vijaykajla1 (May 9th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by rajpaldular View Post
    सत्य वचन रविन्द्र जीत सिंह जी. लगता है कि कुछ लोग कुछ विशेष संघटनों से जुड़े होते हैं और इनके बारे में बुराई नहीं सुन सकते. मैं परवाह नहीं करता, हाथी के पीछे कुत्ते ऐसे ही भोंकते रहते हैं.....ऐसे सदस्यों के कारण से कितने सदस्यों ने जाटलैंड.कॉम को छोड़ दिया, ये बताने की आवश्यकता नहीं है...
    जी हाँ, मैं MIA (Mars Investigation Authority ) का सदस्य हूँ. वोह लोग बहुत टेंशन मैं हैं की आप उनके रहस्यों का खुलासा कर रहे हैं.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

There is no doubt that the song was actually sung for the occasaion to show the loyality to the Britishers . For this particular occasion the song was written. The Anglo media reported that jang man gan was sung for George and neither congress nor tagore refuted the claim. Van de matram couldnt become national anthem due to Muslim and Sikh's obejction hence this was chosen. After so many years Tagore clarified but it was bit late.

Anyway the song itself was written for not so great occasion. Netaji instead had this version of the song with no reference to Adhinayak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNE0...eature=related

The current song also doesnt include Jammu and kashmir and many other states. A national anthem should be free of controversies at least. May be Nethji's version can be adopted with inclusion of other states or a new song can be written.

Qaumi Tarana of Ajad Hind Fauj--

Subh sukh chain ki barkha barse,
    Bharat bhaag hai jaaga.
    Punjab, Sindh, Gujarat, Maratha,Dravid, Utkal, Banga,
    Chanchal sagar, Vindh, Himaalay,Neela Jamuna, Ganga.
    Tere nit gun gaayen,Tujh se jivan paayen,Har tan paaye asha.
    Suraj ban kar jag par chamke,Bharat naam subhaga,
    Jai ho, jai ho, jai ho,Jai, jai, jai, jai ho.

Sab ke dil mein preet basaaey,Teri meethi baani.
    Har sube ke rahne waale,Har mazhab ke praani,
    Sab bhed aur farak mita ke,Sab god mein teri aake,
    Goondhe prem ki mala.

Subh savere pankh pakheru,
    Tere hi gun gayen,Baas bhari bharpur hawaaen,Jeevan men rut laayen,
    Sab mil kar Hind pukare,
    Jai Azad Hind ke nare.Pyaara desh hamara.
    Last edited by VirJ; May 9th, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

neetu21 (February 5th, 2012), prashantacmet (May 9th, 2011), rajpaldular (May 9th, 2011), ravinderjeet (May 9th, 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    There is no doubt that the song was actually sung for the occasaion to show the loyality to the Britishers . For this particular occasion the song was written. The Anglo media reported that jang man gan was sung for George and neither congress nor tagore refuted the claim. Van de matram couldnt become national anthem due to Muslim and Sikh's obejction hence this was chosen. After so many years Tagore clarified but it was bit late.

Anyway the song itself was written for not so great occasion. Netaji instead had this version of the song with no reference to Adhinayak.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNE0...eature=related

The current song also doesnt include Jammu and kashmir and many other states. A national anthem should be free of controversies at least. May be Nethji's version can be adopted with inclusion of other states or a new song can be written.

Qaumi Tarana of Ajad Hind Fauj--

Subh sukh chain ki barkha barse,
    Bharat bhaag hai jaaga.
    Punjab, Sindh, Gujarat, Maratha,Dravid, Utkal, Banga,
    Chanchal sagar, Vindh, Himaalay,Neela Jamuna, Ganga.
    Tere nit gun gaayen,Tujh se jivan paayen,Har tan paaye asha.

Sab ke dil mein preet basaaey,Teri meethi baani.
    Har sube ke rahne waale,Har mazhab ke praani,
    Sab bhed aur farak mita ke,Sab god mein teri aake,
    Goondhe prem ki mala.

Subh savere pankh pakheru,
    Tere hi gun gayen,Baas bhari bharpur hawaaen,Jeevan men rut laayen,
    Sab mil kar Hind pukare,
    Jai Azad Hind ke nare.Pyaara desh hamara.
    ले भाई कपिल ,विपिन ने तो सारा-ए गिलास मीठे पाणी का भर दिया | इब्ब तो में पी सकूँ सूँ ? राजपाल जी ,छापे जाओ कोई गलती हो तो कपिल पकड़ ले गा एर आप भूल सुधार कर देना | बाकी आप की पोस्ट ज्ञान वर्धक हैं | विपिन को भी धन्यवाद शंका के बादल दूर करने के लिए |
    पगड़ी संभाल जट्टा |

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ravinderjeet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VipinJyani View Post
    Why do you say no doubt? Just because British media reported it? What about the Indian newspapers. Why do you ignore them? Britishers are more reliable in reporting about India than Indians (they also said quite a few racist things about Indians)?

"The proceedings of the Congress party session started with a prayer in Bengali to praise God (song of benediction). This was followed by a resolution expressing loyalty to King George V. Then another song was sung welcoming King George V."(Amrita Bazar Patrika , Dec.28,1911)
    "The annual session of Congress began by singing a song composed by the great Bengali poet Babu Ravindranath Tagore. Then a resolution expressing loyalty to King George V was passed. A song paying a heartfelt homage to King George V was then sung by a group of boys and girls."(The Bengalee, Dec. 28, 1911).

This is what INC's offical report said:
    Report of the annual session of the Indian National Congress

"On the first day of 28th annual session of the Congress, proceedings started after singing Vande Mataram. On the second day the work began after singing a patriotic song by Babu Ravindranath Tagore. Messages from well wishers were then read and a resolution was passed expressing loyalty to King George V. Afterwards the song composed for welcoming King George V and Queen Mary was sung."

There was not any controversy when any of these reports are made. So if you just want to make a judgment based on the reports, you can either trust the official report of Congress and Indian papers OR you can go by British papers. You may trust Britishers more but I won't say there is "no doubt".

There is also a mention of what the second song was. Two songs were sung that day. The Jana Gana Mana was followed by a Hindi song composed by Pt. Rambhuj Chaudhary for King George V. This song can be found in the book ‘Our National Anthem’ by Rabindra Kumar Dasgupta published in 1993 by Manjula Bose, Tagore Research Institute, Kolkata.

As far as Netaji is concerned, we can still see 2 things. He chose Jan Gan Man over Vande Mataram. And he used hindi/urdu lyrics than Bengali. I think the reason was because he wanted to motivate his soldiers most of who came from North India. So he used something that they would understand. Vande Mataram may not have gone down well with Muslim soldiers.

There is no doubt that Vande Mataram was the most popular song and natural choice for national anthem. Even Nehru said as much. But all these leaders had to look for alternatives that were acceptable to all. Even Bose chose a version of Jan Gan Man. He was not the only one. In 1917 Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Daas, a great patriot, said about the song, "It is a song for glory and victory of India." Had it been sung to welcome the King, would he have ever said that?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post: