Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Vande Mataram V/S Jan Gan Man

Quote Originally Posted by jakhar77 View Post
    Sir,
    First point is not controversial, RajPalsingh Ji has confirmed that it was written and sung in praise of King George V.
    Friend

Please go through my original post and you will find the difference what I have said and what I am made to have said.

regards,

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

VirJ (February 5th, 2012)

Sirs,
    So both of you are saying that this was sung at that occasion but not to praise the king but for something something else. What I understand is, like charan/bhats used to sing in praise of kings, same was done on this occasion.

Are you saying that this song was actually praising our mother earth and not the king when it was sung on that ocassion?
    जाट महान
    ----------
    बेगानों में वफ़ा की तलाश ना कर ‘साहिल’,
    तेरे तो अपने भी अक्सर बेवफा निकलते हैं l

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sjakhars For This Useful Post:

rajpaldular (August 15th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by jatmeharsingh View Post
    Hello Bhai , I dont know much about history of inqlaab jindabaad but i can give your link of vedio , that how Jawahar Lal Nehru become the first prime minister by doing something totally wrong.
    Friend,

Please keep this topic reserved for any other occasion to be taken up for discussion if you like to do so under different thread and let us continue to discuss the issue under discussion under this thread heading.

Regards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

neetu21 (February 5th, 2012)

Sir,
    My apologies for misquoting and/or misinterpreting what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Friend

Please go through my original post and you will find the difference what I have said and what I am made to have said.

regards,
    जाट महान
    ----------

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sjakhars For This Useful Post:

Sirs,
    So both of you are saying that this was sung at that occasion but not to praise the king but for something something else. What I understand is, like charan/bhats used to sing in praise of kings, same was done on this occasion.

Are you saying that this song was actually praising our mother earth and not the king when it was sung on that ocassion?
    Friend,

It is the beauty of this poetic composition that it has something to offer to everyone; and everybody is free to derive its meaning to suit his or her own convenience and sweet will.

Regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

VirJ (February 5th, 2012)

Dr Saab ,
    That vedio is not made by me , who ever create that vedio made that line of not singing it , i just seen that vedio and feel like to share with people and know their view. I dont mean to put my opion on anyone. But on the same time , I do agree with Late Rajiv Dixit.
    Friend,

The question here is not who created the video. This is sufficient for us to know what you think on this issue.

Nonetheless, we agree to disagree with each other and I repeat there is no harm singing and respecting our National Anthem in its present form i.e. the First Stanza adopted by the founding fathers of our constitution.

Regards

Sirs,
    So both of you are saying that this was sung at that occasion but not to praise the king but for something something else.

Respected Editor Sir, When did I say that. Stop putting words in people's mouth. You can freely express your own opinion without doing this as well and once again stop calling me Sir I think you deserve this title more than me, lol.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

Sir,
    My apologies for misquoting and/or misinterpreting what you said.
    Friend,

You are great, please keep it up.

Thanks and regards.

Good thinking, I quite like the way you think , we should not have any contriversy about our national Anthem
    Friend,

You deserve congratulations for your having agreed that "we should not have any contriversy about our national Anthem."

Regards

So, you are saying that this song was not sung at that occasion? I have no problems both ways.

Was this song sung at the welcome gathering when King George V came to India?

If not then when was the first time, this song was sung? What I have learnt before and after this video and some other literature, also referring to Dr. RajPal Ji's post, I came to this conclusion that this song was first sung when King George V came to India.

My apologies if I have misquoted you or misinterpreted you some way in my posts. I have gone through your older posts as well and this what I derived, I may be wrong but please if you answer the above question, I will be enlightened.

PS: While participating in discussions, I put my editor's hat away so you can just call me by my name.

Quote Originally Posted by VirJ View Post
    Respected Editor Sir, When did I say that. Stop putting words in people's mouth. You can freely express your own opinion without doing this as well and once again stop calling me Sir I think you deserve this title more than me, lol.
    जाट महान
    ----------

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sjakhars For This Useful Post:

Bhai shaheb, the song was definately sung at that time no doubt about that. However the debate was on whether it was sung in the praise of the king or not. people have different views about this and different claims. The very fact that an English newspaper claimed that it was sung for King strenghten the contraversy however it was later refuted by Tagore himself.

Thats why I told you it is cotraversial but you said no contraversy about it, I guess that is why Dr shaheb has pointed you toward some real facts so that you can make your own understanding.

Congress clarified later that there were two songs that were sung that time one for King and this other as a beautiful composiotion by Tagore in praise for Mother land. Now peots are hard to understand for a person like me. You cant take them literally lot of things are symbolic so just by reading the peom we cannot come to conclusion.

The only thing I told you that it is contraversial, rest is your interpretion same way people have different interpretaion for this peotry.
    Last edited by VirJ; February 5th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
    जागरूक ती अज्ञानी नहीं बनाया जा सके, स्वाभिमानी का अपमान नहीं करा जा सके , निडर ती दबाया नहीं जा सके भाई नुए सामाजिक क्रांति एक बार आ जे तो उसती बदला नहीं जा सके ---ज्याणी जाट।

दोस्त हो या दुश्मन, जाट दोनुआ ने १०० साल ताईं याद राखा करे

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VirJ For This Useful Post:

neetu21 (February 5th, 2012)

Kapil Ji,
    What is bogus about it? The video, the author or the person who is talking in the video?

What about the truth behind Jan Gan man?

What is your take on below question:

Wasn't this song written and sung in praise of King George V?
    Jakharji, all your questions are answered in this thread that the new thread was merged with. The video and the post behind the original thread all go back to same person- rajiv dixit. If your objective is knowledge and truth behind these controversies, you can go through the thread. I don't see a point in repetition.